Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

adox wrote: »

I know I'll probably be slaughtered for this but I thought Pogba was yet again poor overall.

I was going to wait until tomorrow to mention it.

As TheDoc said, he looked knackered in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Brilliant performance from us today. Thought Pogba was very good and disciplined, Herrera was excellent, Rashford, Young was disciplined and Rojo and Bailly were excellent.

Chelsea were a shambles though. Lots of stray passes, no creativity and looked unable to create with Hazard shackled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I just thought the whiskey chocolate had gone to your head

Well done!! Go team choo choo!

No no I believed
    More whiskey chocolates to celebrate
    #choochoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Great win- I apologise for my petulance pre kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pints,a win,more pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chelsea only 4 ahead of Spurs now with 6 to play. Would love if they collapsed but their run-in is handy compared to Spurs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote:
    Pints,a win,more pints.

We only drew mate
    Anderlecht got a late equalizer,hopefully we can do better v Chelsea on Sunday 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I have enjoyed us so much more against big teams, barring Chelsea at SB, because actual football happens. I have been bored to tears watching us pelt crosses in against organised 10 man defences this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

****ing love beating that lot.

love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The manager got it tactically perfect today, which bears repeating even if some people will forget all about it next time we don't take our chances.

Interesting that Conte didn't seem to have any answer to those tactics, considering they were the same ones used in the cup game and only unsuccessful then because of a red card, he really should have expected similar again or at least had some contingency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Conte fantastically honest in his interview.

Horrible on the line but very interesting to listen to.

That was a beautiful game, I really wasn't expecting that. Well done to all involved.

Only yesterday in here, Ander Herrera was alright for now, but upgradable. Delighted for him today, plus it might cool some of that hot air for a bit.

adox wrote: »
    Conte fantastically honest in his interview.

Horrible on the line but very interesting to listen to.

What he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I'm sure Jose fcuking loved that!!! Old Trafford will be bouncing on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What he say?

Utd deserved the win. Wanted it more, had more desire, played better.

Blamed himself for not having the team motivated properly.

Refreshing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Is top 4 gone guys?? Looking at the table we're 4 points behind City with a game in hand. Get past Burnley next Sunday, the Manchester Derby will be massive!! A win would see us finally get in that top 4 if I'm reading things right

Real Madrid should buy Ander Herrera. That way they'll get both him and Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Is top 4 gone guys?? Looking at the table we're 4 points behind City with a game in hand. Get past Burnley next Sunday, the Manchester Derby will be massive!! A win would see us finally get in that top 4 if I'm reading things right

We have been here before though, and Burnley away will be a big, big test.

We really need to take each match as a big game from here on in, and can't look past Burnley, as a win there will be far from easy imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Delighted with the performance today, but even at 2-0 up i was expecting us to somehow fcuk it up and draw 1-1 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great birthday present to beat them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Is the match thread worth reading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Really not bothered by a "weaker" team today tbh. We were going to get a bad result either way, so not bothered about focusing on EL. Chelsea are champions this season, so its a dead match to me.

I hope you won't mind Lord but bahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahha

brinty wrote: »
    oh ye of little faith

When we win you'll all hail this as a master stroke...

And brinty with a master stroke of a post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Meh. Not much in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Dies in the second half. Wasn't the best

Couldn't agree with this any more. Absolute nail on the head. A bunch of guys and girls brought up under fergie and success and now can't handle things being a wee bit crap. Their lucky the weren't around in the 80's when Liverpool won it all and rubbed our noses in it every single day. And everyone of them loves pointing out the faults and wrong that happens but never suggests any way off improving the situation at all. They are the snapchat generation who want instant gratification and can't handle being told no....

FFS we've gone through Moyes and LVG and Jose has had to get rid of almost everything they did. He doesn't have a magic wand and the ability to get everything done in one season. Most of their signings are not in his plans and he's started from scratch. He's installed a new standard at the club and it will take a season to 18 months or more to get everything right. For christ sake have some bloody patience. Yes he's made mistakes but would you ever highlight the bloody good things he's done...

Everyone clambered for Pep for years and look at the job he's done at city, outspent us, brought in more players, but can't settle on his team and players. Given that he started in a stronger position anyways he's struggles show he'd never have handled the United job.

Jayop heart brinty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We only drew mate
    Anderlecht got a late equalizer,hopefully we can do better v Chelsea on Sunday 😋

Enjoy the Easter egg ya bollix:) I heard we lost 4-0 ;)

Jayop wrote: »
    I hope you won't mind Lord but bahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahha

This afternoon me needs to learn to be more optimistic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I saw no games in the PL of United playing Chelsea this season, away for both.
    btw I had this feeling for a couple of weeks that Spurs win the league this year.
    They have been the best team for many weeks now.

Good result today, I don't care how we played whether it was good, bad or indifferent, 2-0 to United is all that matters.

Bona Pasqua.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Starts off as expected following results elsewhere, a few little peckers were all aquiver hoping for a Chelsea win.

After rashers scored it was grand and the usual suspects who would have been all over it if Chelsea scored were unsurprisingly absent.

Jayop wrote:
    Jayop heart brinty

I heart jayop too

Who was the dude at the game that has never seen us lose? We need to chip in and buy that hoor a season ticket.

zerks wrote:
    Enjoy the Easter egg ya bollix I heard we lost 4-0

I'm only opening my Christmas presents mate... can't be Easter already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Nice to see Fellaini get the credit he deserves for his performance on here.
    I find in some discussion boards/media outlets he's ignored when he plays well(has generally been playing well the past month or 2) but as soon as he has a poor game the vultures are out to get him saying he's not a Utd player and never will be, blah blah blah!!!

Herrera was phenomenal, Rashford was like Suarez from a few years back for Lpool, pace power and aggression, looks to have serious strength for a lad so slightly built.

Now to keep this up and ensure it's not a once off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I heart jayop too

Slut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Our unbeaten pl run continues

I'm drunk so bear with me. I bought a naggin of powers after the game so happy am I.

First thing in my mind was straight after the game thinking we just beat the league leaders in the run in and it meant fk all really. I hate being out of the title race..

Then I copped myself on and celebrated.

Best performance since fergie left maybe. We we're absolutely brilliant. Made a superb side look poor. The back four were top class. Special mention for Rojo and darmian. Awesome.

Ander was awesome. Such a disciplined performance. The goal was the icing on the cake.

Lingard and especially Rashford were both top top drawer. Bullied one of the best defences in the league.

That man Jose was so brave putting pace in the front ahead of Ibra. Deserved plaudits tonight. That was a fergie performance and there's no higher praise.

I only wish it meant more.

I find in some discussion boards/media outlets he's ignored when he plays well(has generally been playing well the past month or 2) but as soon as he has a poor game the vultures are out to get him saying he's not a Utd player and never will be, blah blah blah!!!

Herrera was phenomenal, Rashford was like Suarez from a few years back for Lpool, pace power and aggression, looks to have serious strength for a lad so slightly built.

Big time. Fellaini was so important today.

• Advertisement

Tbf, in the main Fell gets credit in here when warranted (I don't read other soccer forums) and most people would have a fairly balanced opinion of him.

Hococop wrote: »
    Our unbeaten pl run continues

I was just thinking about that after the game.

Surely the most meaningless and uninspiring lossless streak in PL history.

Stupid fckuing draws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

This afternoon me needs to learn to be more optimistic :P

Careful, it's the hope that kills ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I was just thinking about that after the game.

Surely the most meaningless and uninspiring lossless streak in PL history.

Stupid fckuing draws.

Thinking about where United would be in the table had they won those drawn games does sting a bit.

That's the annoying thing. A huge win against Chelsea and it really means fk. All.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Thinking about where United would be in the table had they won those drawn games does sting a bit.

I understand what you mean here but to make it more bearable you need to know that if you go back and change one result then every action from that moment on is different so you don't know what might have happened. We might be worse off than we are now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If Zlatan didn't sign a new contract and went off to China/MLS i'd be quite happy, thanks for the memories, see ya

I know he's scored a load this season but i really don't think he suits us, holds the play up way too much, give Rashers a full go and whoever we bring in

• Jayop wrote: »
    That's the annoying thing. A huge win against Chelsea and it really means fk. All.

I don't agree

Confindance and showing a winning mentality against the team that's supposedly league champions

It's hugely important for all the team and beating Chelsea a huge rival convincingly is a delight

Fair play to the team and Jose

It shows this club are going in the right direction

Gotta agree with Mick. Thats the sort of win that can give a massive morale boost.

Chelsea are the best team in the league, since they are top of the league. And we utterly nullifed them today, and with what a lot of people were considering a very weak team. And extended an unbeaten streak, that may be lackluster, but I'd be willing to bet any team in the league would like to say they were unbeaten.

Today is proof that if we can build properly on the foundations established this year, we should really move on big time next year...

By my count if we had won even half of them we would be 3 points off Chelsea.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Great result

In Jose I truly trust

He has proven the doubters wrong imo he is very capable of being the man to get us back to greatness

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement