Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jayop wrote: »
    If we can win our next two games against Burnley and City, and hope Liverpool drop 2 points in one of the two games against Palace or West Ham then the top 2-5 will look like....

2 Spurs P 33 Pts 74
    3 Liverpool P 35 Pts 70
    4 United P 33 Pts 66
    5 City P 33 Pts 64

I was writing off the top four but win those two games and we're right back in the mixer for it.

It will be interesting to see the team next sunday against Burnley see how they approach it. They should be full of confidence and momentum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

jayo26 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see the team next sunday against Burnley see how they approach it. They should be full of confidence and momentum.

Yeah. I was thinking now of Rojo and Bailly for the Anderlecht game. Would it be too much of a gamble to risk resting one of them for that game? We're so dependent on the two of them now that I'd be trying to wrap them in cotton wool as much as humanly possible.

Yeah. I was thinking now of Rojo and Bailly for the Anderlecht game. Would it be too much of a gamble to risk resting one of them for that game? We're so dependent on the two of them now that I'd be trying to wrap them in cotton wool as much as humanly possible.

I dont think we can rest them but unfairness they can't be wrecked yet bailly was out injured for months.

Just looking there Bailly has 27 appearances and rojo has 34 but 6 were subs.

While neither is happening I think Id prefer to replace City out of the top 4 then Liverpool

While neither is happening I think Id prefer to replace City out of the top 4 then Liverpool

We can only go game by game but that win for us yesterday was massive it was one of our toughest games and if we win our next two games we are in the top four with pool ahead of us in third and more games played.

If you had of offered us this situation back in October most fans would of taken it.

• Advertisement

We can only go game by game but that win for us yesterday was massive it was one of our toughest games and if we win our next two games we are in the top four with pool ahead of us in third and more games played.

If you had of offered us this situation back in October most fans would of taken it.

Ya very true and while yesterday was epic hadnt enjoyed a game like it in quite a while my confidence for next week isnt massive. Certainly looking forward to a battle hopefully

Ya very true and while yesterday was epic hadnt enjoyed a game like it in quite a while my confidence for next week isnt massive. Certainly looking forward to a battle hopefully

A win next weekend will make the derby game so so good Imagine the atmosphere in the half full stadium woukd be great.

On a side note I watched the Fulham vs vila game and really enjoyed it the Fulham manager has them playing nice football and they have some excellent young players. That sessignong chap looks like one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slightly off topic, but Brighton have been promoted to the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Naah they've a bottomless pit of money so missing out on the CL won't do much medium term damage but if Liverpool miss out on CL for another year their better players will get picked off and it'll take them out of the equation.

Lithium93_ wrote: »

30k ground. :eek:

Not watched any championship this season so I don't know what sort of football they'll bring but I love unusual clubs getting up.

• Advertisement

30k ground. :eek:

Not watched any championship this season so I don't know what sort of football they'll bring but I love unusual clubs getting up.

You'd imagine they'll redevelop a part of the stadium for Premier League football.

I just know Chris Hughton manages them, be interesting next season with them in the league, plus it makes a nice change a new team coming up instead of the regulars.. Question is now who'll join them next season.

Terry to leave Chelsea at the end of the season.

john-terry-penalty-miss-o.gifscreen capture windows 7

He will never be forgotten thank you for the memory:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I actually like Terry. Players like him who will bust there holes for a club no matter what are starting to become a rare thing.

Yeah he's done a few dick things but I happen to like him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The man was a legend. Won us a Champions League. Thanks John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Yeah he's done a few dick things but I happen to like him too.

He banged his teammates girlfriend. Our club legend was hanging his brother's wife. Can hardly be judging !! But a fantastic career, wonder if America is on the cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,500 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He banged his teammates girlfriend. Our club legend was hanging his brother's wife.

Both of them have the morals of a sewer rat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He banged his teammates girlfriend. Our club legend was hanging his brother's wife. Can hardly be judging !! But a fantastic career, wonder if America is on the cards

Giggsys a murderer ?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jose doesn't trust the kids eh??
    Saw this stat on Redcafe.

Minutes given to teenagers in Premier League this season:

Conte: 0
    Wenger: 1
    Guardiola: 415
    Mourinho: 1,443

Yeah there was another one with u23s and how many he's played this year.

• Advertisement

Arsenal, nuff said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Arsenal, nuff said!

Gone from Wenger in to Wenger out again.

Wenger in again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Remember our FA Cup Final win against them in '82? :p it was a replay so had to wait an extra week to see the colour pics of Bryan Robson lifting the trophy in Shoot!

Newspapers were all B/W and you'd be lucky to get one grainy 'goalmouth action shot' of a game even the Cup Final... Pretty sure the FA Cup Final was the only live club game on TV until 85/86 when live football on BBC / ITV started

I actually like Terry. Players like him who will bust there holes for a club no matter what are starting to become a rare thing.

He was a grand fella for busting... Eh, we'll leave it there as Billo used to say.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I have a programme from that replay in my Mam and Dads house.

I must dig the old programmes out and have a read through them.

Remember our FA Cup Final win against them in '82? :p it was a replay so had to wait an extra week to see the colour pics of Bryan Robson lifting the trophy in Shoot!

Newspapers were all B/W and you'd be lucky to get one grainy 'goalmouth action shot' of a game even the Cup Final... Pretty sure the FA Cup Final was the only live club game on TV until 85/86 when live football on BBC / ITV started

He was a grand fella for busting... Eh, we'll leave it there as Billo used to say.

That final was in 83 and they were relegated that season and haven't been up to the top division since!

• May have been posted before but conversation now included :)

https://twitter.com/ManUtd_HQ/status/854013177016844289

Haha that's brilliant. I heard something about.

That FA Cup final was a decade before me, thought the 93 would've been a dead giveaway :pac:

#prayforbrinty #again #onefortheteam #choochoo

• Advertisement

#prayforbrinty #again #onefortheteam #choochoo

what's he done now?

#justiceforbrinty Am I doing it right? :pac:

Is the poor pleb banned again. I didn't see him post much since the last one.

Whats the idea of closing the match thread to posts? Are we not allowed talk about a massive win for the club in reguards to momentum? Its been the most on topic match thread in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

I don't post often here or anywhere else on boards. And was delighted with the performance and Jose's tactics.

Just wanted to mention a special Utd supporter (and if you are here I owe you a pint). Had to bring my little fella to the hospital to night after being away and I had only €10 cash on me and no ATM in sight and the lad looking after the cars in and out let me out and gave the cash back to my little fella, but only him coz he had his Utd pjs on.

It's people like ye make little people and young Utd supporters great memories.

Edited: as I can't spell for ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Is the poor pleb banned again. I didn't see him post much since the last one.

Gave out to someone in the match thread.

#lightacandle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

414919.jpg

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Some of the good defensive work from our MF on Sunday which was great to see...

Pogba crunching Costa;

https://streamable.com/ougo0

Herrera, of course;

https://streamable.com/1aiu0

kQdb0k0.jpg?2

F0MVvak.jpg?1

zerks wrote: »
    Gone from Wenger in to Wenger out again.

Wenger in again.

You put your wegner in
    You put your wegener out
    You put your wegner in
    And you shake him all about

You say blud fam while giving out
    And thats what its all about

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Herrera and Hazard reminds me of the time Lar Corbett followed Tommy Walsh around Croke Park :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

stankratz wrote: »
    Some of the good defensive work from our MF on Sunday which was great to see...

Pogba crunching Costa;

https://streamable.com/ougo0

Herrera, of course;

https://streamable.com/1aiu0

kQdb0k0.jpg?2

F0MVvak.jpg?1

Best part of that Pogba's tackle is the intensity of all the players. Look how everyone is sprinting to get back to the position and Rashford ends up in CB position.

When you look at the team and how they were rated in general, this victory makes it even sweeter.

Rojo was rated as not good enough at the start of the season, so was players like Young, Lingard, Fellaini, Young, Darmian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Just watched last nights MNF analysis of the game. Can't get over how good our defence and midfield were. We've mentioned it all but I think Darmian had one of his best games this season. Fellaini and Pogba absolutely battered Kante and Matic.

So many players in that game we all thought we're sh*tty players that shouldn't be wearing the shirt. Just goes to show the impact Jose is having on the team. Exciting times ahead

Was an excellent performance but means fek all if we cant follow it up with similar against burnley.

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Was an excellent performance but means fek all if we cant follow it up with similar against burnley.

I expect a different approach tactically, expect Ibra to start also

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I expect a different approach tactically, expect Ibra to start also

Yep so do i but there has to be a different mind set of the players now. That was a top drawer performance the confidence and beliefe in jose shouod be stronger then ever.

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Yep so do i but there has to be a different mind set of the players now. That was a top drawer performance the confidence and beliefe in jose shouod be stronger then ever.

Still tailored purely from a tactical sense to nullify Chelsea and exploit there weaknesses

I questioned his lineup before the game, but sure what would I know. Just proves that Jose is a tactical genius once more

But I don't see it being a regular selection against weaker opposition

Going to be interesting to see what team starts on Thursday and at the weekend that's for sure

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Still tailored purely from a tactical sense to nullify Chelsea and exploit there weaknesses

I questioned his lineup before the game, but sure what would I know. Just proves that Jose is a tactical genius once more

But I don't see it being a regular selection against weaker opposition

Going to be interesting to see what team starts on Thursday and at the weekend that's for sure

Few goals thursday and confidence will be sky high going into the two ganes against Burnley and City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I love love love the optimism but one performance against Chelsea does not guarantee anything. The City game will be harder than the Chelsea game. The Spurs game will be harder than both as it's their last ever match at that ground. We still need everything in the Europa basket as the league is a long shot in my eyes going off of everything I know about this team this season.

There was a large slice of luck in both goals the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

17991607_1290974117679693_3009233416964426484_o.jpg?oh=c6f2b1c18edac7b3e7e0f3b806e52fc6&oe=59918363

This gave me a giggle in work today.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I love love love the optimism but one performance against Chelsea does not guarantee anything. The City game will be harder than the Chelsea game. The Spurs game will be harder than both as it's their last ever match at that ground. We still need everything in the Europa basket as the league is a long shot in my eyes going off of everything I know about this team this season.

There was a large slice of luck in both goals the other day.

Totally agree but the thing is its one game at a time. Before chelsea i thought we had a very slim chance of top four if we manage to win our next too games we have a good chance but dropped points and all hope is gone.

I wouldnt say i have added optimisim now i just dont think the chance of top four is as slim as it was last week ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Chelsea fans moaning about refs :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement