Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

I can see Liverpool beating Hull at the weekend to really rub it in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That's the season over as far as top 4 is concerned.

Pathetic stuff.

Some of the players really should be ashamed of their efforts the last few weeks.

Jose got it wrong with the subs as well. No way I'd have taken Carrick off.

Out with a ****ing whimper at the start of February. It's just utterly depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Jose got it wrong with the mata change, it should have been Martial to run at a tiring defence. Bottlers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

to even get close to top 4.

Forget about it

Our inability to break down defences and score goals has cost us big time. We're gonna have to go on a long winning run to even get close to top 4. In the meantime this catch up bullsh*t is gonna continue for another month or so

Top 4 is gone tonight. Youse are dreaming if you think this lot will claw it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pogba Mata Rashford and Ibra missed great chances tonight

4th is looking glim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Said if we bottled it tonight we don't deserve top 4, I'm seething right now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Delighted I didn't spend my evening watching that muck, feel sorry for anyone who paid in.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The teams ahead of us are not gonna keep giving us chances to catch up that we can't take! And I really don't see where goals will come from unless Jose does something drastic.

Like in fairness martial instead of Ibra would of done no harm tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Sand wrote: »
    Pogba is the sort of player who can play badly for 89 minutes, pick the ball up in minute 90, beat 3 players and stick it in the back of the next from 30 yards. United have a number of dangerous players out there - have to hope one does something brilliant on nights when the team isnt playing well as a whole.

In your dreams maybe, or on xbox. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Jose made a lot of mistakes with the team selection and subs.

Carrick is pointless in these games as he takes up positions that are too far away from goal to make a difference. Nobody on Hull is going to step up to where he is and his passing lanes will be cut.

Taking off Mkhitaryan and keeping on Rashford was a mistake too. Martial would have added more than Mata too who has also been out of form.

Pogba, what has happened? Was immense until the Liverpool game but shít on a stick since.

Frustrating, probably the first of the many draws this season that i felt United didn't deserve to win though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

League matches are a just a waste of time now. Only games that will retain interest are the cup ones.

Pogba should be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

At least there is not a long break till the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

We don't deserve to be playing in the Champions league if that's how we're gonna play. Embarrassing beyond belief to have been out tactic ed by Hull in a week both home and away.

J. Marston wrote: »
    League matches are a just a waste of time now. Only games that will retain interest are the cup ones.

This needs to be stickied for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Not going to make top 4, may aswell go all out for the Europa and cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

When you consider the investment in the squad in recent years (fees and wages) United must be one of the worst performing teams in any of the main European leagues in terms of bang for your buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Whatever the debate over the Lingard/Pogba video, let's be honest here, Pogba's online presence doesn't do him any favours. It can't be merely a coincidence that his latest below-par performance is marked by yet another "standout" new haircut.

It kind of reminds me of someone like Ian Poulter in the golf, wearing outlandish attire. Leaves yourself open for ridicule when things go wrong.

adox wrote: »
    Pogba should be dropped.
    Exactly doesn't matter how much he cost he needs kick in arse.

Someone needs take him one side tell him to sort his **** out on pitch stop changing the color of his ****ing hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

Wonder would playing two strikers for a spell of time help things out.
    Individually and collectively the front four aren't producing goals. The spate of
    draws was followed by a lot of one nils (late goals). Now we're keeping clean sheets and scoring nothing.

BenK wrote: »
    When you consider the investment in the squad in recent years (fees and wages) United must be one of the worst performing teams in any of the main European leagues in terms of bang for your buck.

Absolutely. Millions have been squandered in the last few seasons.

#Pogback on the bench please thanks Jose

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pogba should be dropped.

Can't argue with that.

He has been dire for the last number of games.

The players need to take a long hard look at themselves.

No disrespect to Hull but its fcuking Hull, bottom of the table at the start of the evening.

Martial should be sitting there thinking there is a nailed on spot for him.

He deserves a start against Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Just a cup team now by the looks of it......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Exactly doesn't matter how much he cost he needs kick in arse.

Someone needs take him one side tell him to sort his **** out on pitch stop changing the color of his ****ing hair.

Ferdinand was right last night when you see s*** like this tonight put your head down and do simple f**king things stop clowning around ffs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not freaking out. Top 4 is still possible, but I think it will be a battle for forth. If we get it, we will scrape in.

Not going to overreact and talk about burning the house down. Same problems tonight as have been there all season, and it's hardly surprising that those continue to exist.

So many passengers in the team :/

Pogba should be dropped.

Sh*t hair, sh*t dancing, sh*t performances. His consistency has been appalling - just never seems to turn up does he!!
    I know we keep saying oh in a couple of years time he'll be one of best player in the world. I aint seeing anything consistently to suggest this

Ted111 wrote: »
    Wonder would playing two strikers for a spell of time help things out.
    Individually and collectively the front four aren't producing goals. The spate of
    draws was followed by a lot of one nils (late goals). Now we're keeping clean sheets and scoring nothing.

Wow, how I'd love to see a good old fashioned strike pair up front! Won't happen though under Jose, best we can do is watch clips of yorke and Cole. We used to be so exciting back then, now we're as predictable as rain.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Ferdinand was right last night when you see s*** like this tonight put your head down and do simple f**king things stop clowning around ffs

Nah sound bites from Rio that were meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

A run of games for Martial up top is vital I think. We're just so predictable at the moment.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not freaking out. Top 4 is still possible, but I think it will be a battle for forth. If we get it, we will scrape in.

Not going to overreact and talk about burning the house down. Same problems tonight as have been there all season, and it's hardly surprising that those continue to exist.

So many passengers in the team :/

Name the passengers... Is Herrera starting to look like one? Mikitaryian was poor. Valencia is brilliant at being predictable, Pogba the dancer internet phenomenon and Wazza is finizzhed

bmcc10 wrote: »

He was bang on the money!! You can't be posting s**t like that for the fans acting all is good and jolly when the team is playing s**t and you're playing s**t as well.

A run of games for Martial up top is vital I think. We're just so predictable at the moment.

He's every right to be annoyed when he bailed us out so many times last season and this season he's kept out team weather Ibra is playing well or not.

Even Rashford seems to be ahead Martial now.

Jose obviously livid with the ref.

Letting himself down a bit talking about Klopp. Would prefer to hear him say the team weren't good enough tonight.

Talking about himself though instead of the performance as he does. Some say to take the heat off the team. I'd just like to hear an honest assessment of the teams lack of performance than all that fluff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

today is Feb 1st, we are 5 points off 2nd, 4 points off top 4. lads saying top 4 chances are gone tonight need to take a look at themselves!!! loads of football left to be played. we will probably go and hammer leicester now at the weekend and everyone will be saying about top 4 again. fickle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

He's every right to be annoyed when he bailed us out so many times last season and this season he's kept out team weather Ibra is playing well or not.

Rashford is simply not a winger i said it before the game unbelievable talent play him through the middle if your gonna play him, he creates absaloutly nothing out wide its all huff and puff.

I really don't understand Mourinho's lack of trust for Martial. It's not as if our wide players are actually playing well. Martial is probably the only one that can run at and beat people. He's possibly our best striker too. It's unbelievable that his future at the club is in doubt and players like Lingard are often keeping him out of the team.

Ah lads youse are grasping if you think Martial is going to change everything. Yes he's been a little better the last few games but he's been shot overall this season.

It's scary that we seem to have so many problems with our attacking game when I think it's the midfield and fullbacks that really need attention.

bangkok wrote: »
    today is Feb 1st, we are 5 points off 2nd, 4 points off top 4. lads saying top 4 chances are gone tonight need to take a look at themselves!!! loads of football left to be played. we will probably go and hammer leicester now at the weekend and everyone will be saying about top 4 again. fickle

Our fixture list will kill us plus seen 5 or 6 performances just like this with the full team or 1 or 2 max out...You need to take a look at yourself if you can't see how this negatively is warranted.

Top 4 is unlikely

• Advertisement

It's no where near being over I think lot twist and turns yet. Problem is united have been at this all season.

No matter how many chances we get you never feel confident they will score a few.

Jesus look how bad city been lately but they go out there and hammer west ham tonight.

All the other teams ahead of us are capable of this I just don't think this United team right now are.

I really don't understand Mourinho's lack of trust for Martial. It's not as if our wide players are actually playing well. Martial is probably the only one that can run at and beat people. He's possibly our best striker too. It's unbelievable that his future at the club is in doubt and players like Lingard are often keeping him out of the team.

he didnt trust mkhitarayan either for a long time, it was actually a joke he wasnt in the team until he was

Ah lads youse are grasping if you think Martial is going to change everything. Yes he's been a little better the last few games but he's been shot overall this season.

It's scary that we seem to have so many problems with our attacking game when I think it's the midfield and fullbacks that really need attention.

He's been poor relative to last season because he's not playing regularly and when he does it's not in his best position.

Ah get out of town will ya. The cheek of you calling people fickle with the nonsense you continually post on here.

You've some neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its the usual craic, whoever wasn't there becomes the player who would have saved us. Had Martial played I would have expected pretty much the same he usually gives us, a whole load of not very much.

he didnt trust mkhitarayan either for a long time, it was actually a joke he wasnt in the team until he was

It was, but I think Mkhitaryan has been incredibly disappointing most of the time when he has played.

He's been poor relative to last season because he's not playing regularly and when he does it's not in his best position.

Yet he played from the left mostly last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Top 4 chances aren't gone but it's not likely. Our good run of results really helped us claw out way back into contention but it was always going to fizzle out. We've been pretty consistent with our performances all season and fully deserve to be where we are right now. We'll be dropping plenty more points between now and the end of the season so let's hope we can grab all 3 points against most our rivals or just hope they drop more than us along the way.

Nalz wrote: »
    Our fixture list will kill us plus seen 5 or 6 performances just like this with the full team or 1 or 2 max out...You need to take a look at yourself if you can't see how this negatively is warranted.

Top 4 is unlikely

3 premier league wins in a row and we will be in top 4. liverpool will fade away and arsenal will bottle top 4 this year

Its the usual craic, whoever wasn't there becomes the player who would have saved us. Had Martial played I would have expected pretty much the same he usually gives us, a whole load of not very much.

Like Rashford, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Pogba..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement