Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Another bad result for Rodgers, sorry Klopp. #kloppout will be trending on Merseyside tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Leicester really need to win tomorrow, otherwise they could go from champions last season to regulation this season.

Hull are now fighting like survivors, Sunderland are fighting but if they have enough is another thing, and Palace will be relegated. Then there is Middlesbrough.

Tomorrow should be a tough game as Leicester fight for survival.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Checked the table to see how Arsenal would be after this. Then I saw Everton. They'll be 2 points behind us if they win today.

For the love of Christ...

And then they went and scored 6:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bad as we've been, Liverpool are like Prozac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Spurs next for Liverpool. The objective for next week has to be to get in front of them.
    Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

emmetkenny wrote: »
    When the players stop taking an age around the box we might create something. Everything is gone so slow for us. It's like the players are afraid to make a mistake.

It looks like a mixture of confidence lacking and fatigue but mostly confidence. Klopp needs to do something to turn it around quick and I think ye have another top six game next weekend don't ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Favourable results again this weekend. Arsenal and Pool are vulnerable. We need to close that gap!

If United want two forwards/strikers next summer, and if Griezmann is one of them, then Lukaku should be the other as Kane will not happen.

The mighty Hull play Arsenal next.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It looks like a mixture of confidence lacking and fatigue but mostly confidence. Klopp needs to do something to turn it around quick and I think ye have another top six game next weekend don't ye?

They can't blame fatigue,rested players for the cup and only have 6 more games between now and April.
    Since Chelsea's last loss in the league they've only used 13 players,they don't look tired or maybe Klopps famous gegenpressing hipster sh1te isn't all it's cracked up to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I dont want see any stupid tweeter messages or dances before tomorrow

Just win the bloody game and get within distance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Sorry Phoenix whatever your name is for giving you a hard time when you said Liverpool would drop out of the top 4.

I dont want see any stupid tweeter messages or dances before tomorrow

Just win the bloody game and get within distance

In this league for United, it has been a case of happiness comes before a fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Something something busted flush

zerks wrote: »
    They can't blame fatigue,rested players for the cup and only have 6 more games between now and April.
    Since Chelsea's last loss in the league they've only used 13 players,they don't look tired or maybe Klopps famous gegenpressing hipster sh1te isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Well if it is fatigue its down to the distance they have run i do agree they have played fuk all but by looks of klopp resting ayers in cups there is something wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Liverpool loss just means we're losing to Leicester, don't get your hopes up fellows (& lady-fellows).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

How, just how is it still in our hands after the last few performances? I'd say now that Liverpool have no chance if top 4. Either city or us (less likely) will take it.

• Liverpool loss just means we're losing to Leicester, don't get your hopes up fellows (& lady-fellows).

It's like the teams from 2ND to 6th are challenging for the CL in reverse

Klopp finally got the counter win working well

Be great if this weekend it is only the top team and bottom team in the top 6 win.

But Spurs and City probably both win.

• Advertisement

Klopp finally got the counter win working well

Anybody got a gif of him screaming "NOBODY CAN BEAT US!!".

4 losses and a draw in their last 5.:pac:

bfAsFAj.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Spurs next and Arsenal after that I think.

We'll probably do better in those games but we'll drop to many points against bottom half teams.

There's just so many individual errors costing us goals this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Spurs have started well, there wont be any other result except a Spurs win

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

1 win in 11, I think, and that win was against Petersborough. :pac:

I'll cry so much if we dont win tomorrow. Its like they are begging for us to go into the top four.

At least we can enjoy other teams losses for 24 hours

• Advertisement

I'll say it now that a few days have passed and it mightn't seem like I'm being such a sore loser.

United were shíte against Hull, couldn't make anything happen in those 70 minutes and therefore had nothing to give out about. I'm also of the thought that if that match had gone on for another 45 minutes, we still wouldn't have scored. BUT, Hull's time wasting in the last 20 minutes was the worst I've seen in a football match and I didn't think it would be allowed go to those limits.

I'm not talking about the timing of their substitutions at all - I even chuckled at the time thinking "Silva will be loving this, getting to do a Mourinho on Mourinho, fair's fair I guess". I'm not even talking about their keeper slowing down play with his distribution, as we've seen Top 6 teams try to do that against us at 0-0, never mind Hull. Even DDG would do that near the end if United were winning and it was an important game.

It was everything else. The blatant kicking away of the ball at every blow of the whistle most notably. Their players were even chasing the ball to kick it away if they weren't near it when the whistle was blown. It was just a laugh for the Hull lads by the end. The deliberate fouling. The crowding of the ref at each stoppage, the kind you'd see in regular games to protest something serious like a penalty or a red card. Hull did everything they could to not only make sure the sting and flow was taken out of United's game ('fair play' to them on that front) but that as little football as possible could be played in the remaining 20 minutes of the game (no 'fair play' on that one).

As I said, United were shíte and had chances to win the game before that stuff started, but the anti-football of the last 20 minutes was very hard to watch.

Oh, and since I'm so concerned about the beautiful game - If our lads could stop throwing themselves on the ground in the penalty area out of desperation when the final whistle is approaching and the result isn't going their way, that would be great. It's pathetic in both conception and appearance, plus completely futile.

Then there's Rooney trying to claim handball for the ball hitting any part of the opposition's torso in the box. Rooney got himself a yellow card for protesting against a 'chest' that wasn't given the other night.

I would put all of that down to United fighting shít with shít with the way Hull were 'playing', only for the fact that I've seen our lads do this prior to the Hull game. It needs to stop. Never mind the highly unsavoury and undignified element to it, we're never going to get a penalty if we're renowned for that shít.

Just a wholly shíte game of football which I can't wait to have forgotten about as much as possible.

Niasse, a player who shouldn't have even been playing today given his luck with the referee on Wednesday night! I wonder if they are aware of that in the match thread...

I have a fiver on Spurs to win, I hope I lose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RobertKK wrote: »
    Be great if this weekend it is only the top team and bottom team in the top 6 win.

But Spurs and City probably both win.

Even if City and Spurs win, if we can somehow win it will have been another gift of a weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

adox wrote: »
    Even if City and Spurs win, if we can somehow win it will have been another gift of a weekend.

Yeah, I don't have any notions of jumping every team above us. But Arsenal and Liverpool are in freefall, so should be well catchable.

Win tomorrow puts us one behind Pool and 2 behind Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Jayop wrote: »
    How, just how is it still in our hands after the last few performances? I'd say now that Liverpool have no chance if top 4. Either city or us (less likely) will take it.

Its not in our hands tbh. Even if (a huge if on current form) United win tomorrow, they'll still be a point behind Liverpool, and 2 points behind Arsenal. And right now the team cant seem to finish its dinner.

The one thing that struck me about the Hull game was how sloppy and careless the passing was. I hadn't expected several months in that the team would be playing like they were only introduced just before kickoff.

Sand wrote: »
    Its not in our hands tbh. Even if (a huge if on current form) United win tomorrow, they'll still be a point behind Liverpool, and 2 points behind Arsenal. And right now the team cant seem to finish its dinner.

The one thing that struck me about the Hull game was how sloppy and careless the passing was. I hadn't expected several months in that the team would be playing like they were only introduced just before kickoff.

It would because we still have to play arse and city so if we win every game we go 4th. The teams above us have to play each other too so either of them or both drop points. Technically it's still in our hands.

• Was that the 4th official Klopp was screaming at in that gif??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm dreading this game tomorrow now. I'm sure it will be exactly like the Stoke game. They'll create barely any chances but when they get an early goal we'll be chasing a draw and leaving ourselves vulnerable to be beaten.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Was that the 4th official Klopp was screaming at in that gif??

Yup, from the Chelsea game

Was that the 4th official Klopp was screaming at in that gif??

Yes. And the 4th official told him he loves his passion. True story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It would because we still have to play arse and city so if we win every game we go 4th. The teams above us have to play each other too so either of them or both drop points. Technically it's still in our hands.

Yeah, I see what you're saying and you're right - technically its possible United could win every game or at least more than the others. I just don't see that we can be confident that United's form will be better than Arsenal or Liverpool's over the rest of the season. United have failed to beat either team this season and were well beaten by City who are getting back on form, and all of those teams are scoring many more goals than United. Liverpool in particular are going to have a lot of rest. United form is fairly poor, they don't really seem to be a team ready to hugely improve on the points and performances of the first half of the season. I'd like to see the team's form drastically improving before talking about Top 4.

• GSPfan wrote: »
    Yes. And the 4th official told him he loves his passion. True story.

Ridiculous that he didn't get a clipping from the FA
    They are all over the place
    Another one was why is Wenger allowed in the stadium and Jose wasn't?

Ridiculous that he didn't get a clipping from the FA
    They are all over the place
    Another one was why is Wenger allowed in the stadium and Jose wasn't?

Stadium ban for Jose and a touchline ban for a wengner

• Advertisement

Sand wrote: »
    Yeah, I see what you're saying and you're right - technically its possible United could win every game or at least more than the others. I just don't see that we can be confident that United's form will be better than Arsenal or Liverpool's over the rest of the season. United have failed to beat either team this season and were well beaten by City who are getting back on form, and all of those teams are scoring many more goals than United. Liverpool in particular are going to have a lot of rest. United form is fairly poor, they don't really seem to be a team ready to hugely improve on the points and performances of the first half of the season. I'd like to see the team's form drastically improving before talking about Top 4.

Of course we can't. We've been pathetic in the past few weeks.

The standard of refereeing is a joke. Sure what happened to booking players for showing dissent? Rooney and Fellaini should be booked every game for the way they show dissent to decisions but because all the new rules fade away after the first month of the season it goes back to the same old shíte with each ref just doing whatever they feel like. Ugh. Everything annoys me at the moment.

Fookin Stoke.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't have any notions of jumping every team above us. But Arsenal and Liverpool are in freefall, so should be well catchable.

Win tomorrow puts us one behind Pool and 2 behind Arsenal.

We're quite lucky in that respect. Then I think about how big of a game the Hull one was and shake my head. I went TLDR before it when our rivals dropped points the night before, surmising that a win against Hull would be the one that would finally see the good work done since early December pay-off. It would bring the team to a place where subsequent wins would see them start to jump places on the table.

Because we were 9 points off 4th at the start of December, it was hard to move into the Top 4 no matter how adept the team became at scooping up points for those 5 or 6 weeks. Hard to believe because of what's happened in the last few games, but we actually did take advantage of rivals dropping points at times in December and January. That's how the team got into the position they did going into the Hull game.

The thing is though, no matter how well the team did before the Hull game or what advantages were taken to get there, Wednesday night was crunch time and they failed miserably.

We could win at Leicester tomorrow maybe and go 1 point behind Liverpool and 2 behind Arsenal, but we should be already there going into tomorrow's game. Where a win would see us leap-frog both of them and enter the Top 4.

Thinking about points dropped in the final minutes of games against Arsenal and Everton, then games at home against Burnley and Stoke where our lads hit everything but the net, those thoughts are still mildly frustrating. However, I'm still a bit sick about the Hull game and while our rivals dropping points today is great, it's a bittersweet feeling.

Also, never mind where we 'should' be points-wise, I'm concerned that the team are in a bit of a blip themselves, and I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. A continuation of that, an end to it, or worse - another fúcking draw.

The funny thing is that had we beat hull then the chances of Liverpool beating them would have been better as their confidence wouldn't have been as high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

The funny thing is that had we beat hull then the chances of Liverpool beating them would have been better as their confidence wouldn't have been as high.

Jose's on to something. Draw against teams to build up their confidence for the team they're playing next :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Stadium ban for Jose and a touchline ban for a wengner

I read that as wagner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Leicester will beat us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I read that as wagner

No more ride of the valkyries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Advertisement

I'll eat my hat if spurs don't win this game......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement