Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Not often anyway, he opened the scoring that day didn't he and came off at half time? Think David May and Gary Neville shared the rb role for the most part that year

Lee Sharpe played a few games at FB too. Was that his last season? Jesus I knew every game every player back then. Forget it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057702115/1/#post102523586

Here we go guys united have never lost a match when I created the thread

They drew them all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jayo26 wrote: »

FFS jayo, that's even worse than losing nowadays. I can't handle another draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

jayo26 wrote: »

Good man, I just spent ten minutes getting one ready and seen yours, its almost identical :) Great minds and all that jazz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Nalz wrote: »
    Lee Sharpe played a few games at FB too. Was that his last season? Jesus I knew every game every player back then. Forget it all!

Yeah from looking there he actually replaced Keano at half time in that game :D

That was the last year for Ince, Hughes etc and pretty sure Sharpe was gone a season later?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Lee Sharpe club legend mainly because of

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Lee Sharpe club legend mainly because of

I was there that night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's mad to look back and think that Giggs was the new Sharpe when he came on the scene.

Sharpe really did rip the league up for a couple of seasons. Fantastic direct player in his prime that was, unfortunately all too short lived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Like there should be no reason for negative thoughts about the match today as Leicester are in horrendous form but theres some aweful dread i have that Leicester will remember how to defend and united will continue not been able to finish.

• Advertisement

I think Utd will be very focused today after the lacklustre performance during the week and will win by a couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I want Martial and Shaw starting today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Like most, I'm pretty píssed at us squandering chances to close the gap on the teams above us. And as much as we should have beaten Hull, their win yesterday has eased my annoyance somewhat :). But today we really have to win and we can't keep squandering golden opportunities to close the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wanted United to buy Gabriel Jesus.

I had put a small amount on City to win, in the hope I lose it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Whatever the fall out between Jose and Martial is... I hope it's resolved soon. Martial is the most effective winger for the left hand side Utd have. Should be starting when available.
    Would like to see lineup as
    DeGea
    Valencia
    Bailly
    Smalling
    Shaw
    Carrick
    Herrara
    Pogba
    Mhkitarian
    Mata
    Martial
    Zlatan

I don't think the defense will be that but hope the midfield and forward is same as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Whatever the fall out between Jose and Martial is... I hope it's resolved soon. Martial is the most effective winger for the left hand side Utd have. Should be starting when available. Would like to see lineup as DeGea Valencia Bailly Smalling Shaw Carrick Herrara Pogba Mhkitarian Mata Martial Zlatan

Too many footballers there fella!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The talk is Rooney, Martial, Fellaini and Young will be sold in the summer.
    Talk of Martial to PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Whatever the fall out between Jose and Martial is... I hope it's resolved soon. Martial is the most effective winger for the left hand side Utd have. Should be starting when available.
    Would like to see lineup as
    DeGea
    Valencia
    Bailly
    Smalling
    Shaw
    Carrick
    Herrara
    Pogba
    Mhkitarian
    Mata
    Martial
    Zlatan

I don't think the defense will be that but hope the midfield and forward is same as that.

I would really fancy that team to score goals and win at ease today. Unfortunately we can't play a 434 formation!!

After recent failures to take advantage of slip ups by teams above us I'm not going to add 3 points on until we are 4 up deep into injury time!

ianob7 wrote: »

Ah sh+t !!! Lol

Would the ref realise?

Aguero on bench again for City

He might be available in summer !

ianob7 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind but I'm usually the one saying how could a person be so stupid when that ever happens!!

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter. We won't be signing him as City will never sell him to us.

Did Baily play RB for his last club wouldnt mind seeing him tried there if that was the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The issue with Martial and Jose seems to be more between Martials agent and Jose, but there does seem to be a small hangover from when the club took the number off him and gave it to Ibra, he was clearly brought to the club being told we would be building around him and then that changed,there is also his off the field stuff to think about.

I do think it will be resolved and if he is the player we hope he is he will show that in training and on the field and will make himself a key player.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jaykay74 wrote: »

are you bangkok?! :)

Did Baily play RB for his last club wouldnt mind seeing him tried there if that was the case

Honestly why? He had a half against Palace at right back and it was awful. He is a centre back and he is great for us there.

Murmurings on twitter that Shaw isn't in the squad.

Or Rooney!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Rob Dawson ‏@RobDawsonMEN 42s43 seconds ago
    More
    Phil Jones not with the travelling squad, either. Bailly, Fellaini, Young and Martial all here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »
    Murmurings on twitter that Shaw isn't in the squad.

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/828247971527548928

Aguero will return to athletico in the summer to replace Griezmann its jayo logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rooney said to be ill,talk of no Carrick either but Zlatan and Rashford to start up front.

zerks wrote: »

Not looking good for Shaw so.

Add a left back to the ever growing shopping list in the summer. - possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    Rooney said to be ill,talk of no Carrick either but Zlatan and Rashford to start up front.

Rooney I'll again.. that's a couple of times this season isn't it.

jaykay74 wrote: »

Awh man you lucky so and so must have been epic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

C36PeQ_WYAIFi_k.jpg

GSPfan wrote: »
    Honestly why? He had a half against Palace at right back and it was awful. He is a centre back and he is great for us there.

O did he I missed that, just meant in terms of having a fairly decent options there I wouldnt have mind trying him is all, more hypotetical than anything else, I'd have looked at it in training if I was the manager so to speak :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Risky line-up. Hope we can control the midfield.

So it looks a 4-1-4-1 with Mata or Miki playing central I like it.... Attacking enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

No Martial again is bullish!t of the highest order. Rojo and Rashford on the left is horrible

• Advertisement

Decent looking team.

Both our full backs a worry as is Herrera(I presume) as the deepest midfielder, but an attacking line up all the same.

Presume it will either be Miki or Mata at the top of the midfield three. Be interesting to see which one.

So it looks a 4-1-4-1 with Mata or Miki playing central I like it.... Attacking enough

Probably play more like a 3151 with Valencia joining the attack and Rojo sitting back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Don't say it

Don't

Nobody say ANYTHING!

Ssssshhhhhh say nothing lads

This thread cracks me up love it haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

For a team as garbage as Swansea, Sigurdsson is having a great season.

Nobody get excited yet about the City game.

astradave wrote: »
    Probably play more like a 3151 with Valencia joining the attack and Rojo sitting back.

Actually maybe as Adox posted above Pogba will move back that didnt dawn on me when I posted :o

I really hope valencia proves me wrong today

ScummyMan wrote: »
    No Martial again is bullish!t of the highest order. Rojo and Rashford on the left is horrible

Rashford does very well on the left with a bit of grass to run into. He's more suited out there to away games, especially today where Leicester will really have to come out and play.

Rojo I agree is a worrry out there.

Martial has played much better the last couple of games but not enough to be an automatic choice over Rashford, Mata or Miki. It wouldn't be a shock if he did or didn't start and I wouldn't have much to grumble about with either decision.

• lol I'm dying to say it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement