Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• bangkok wrote: »
    delighted with them 3 points. thought Valencia, Mkhitaryan were excellent, pobga had a very good game as well. love the fact that valencia keeps proving his doubters wrong as well, another excellent game today

There are no doubters, only people who are critical of a players end product
    Many of us who have been critical of him have given him credit wherever he deserves it
    He needs to do it more and consistantly to shut us up for good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

J. Marston wrote: »
    I don't know where Valencia gets his energy from. Sprints up and down the entire right side for 90 minutes. Even in injury time today, he was sprinting on to an overlap, lost the ball and then tore after the Leicester player who got it. He's 31 too.

Now if more than 1 in 100 of his crosses found a United player we'd be getting somewhere. Even the one that set up the goal today he was head down and I think aiming for Rashford. The one where he overhit 3 United players in the box was just plain ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liam O wrote: »
    Now if more than 1 in 100 of his crosses found a United player we'd be getting somewhere. Even the one that set up the goal today he was head down and I think aiming for Rashford. The one where he overhit 3 United players in the box was just plain ridiculous.

We need a 12 foot tall cf who just stands on the left of the penalty area waiting for a cross from Valencia and we are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

DM_7 wrote: »
    I agree with the first part, not sure that they are getting pushed out or just forced to work for it.

They get too much credit just because they are young and have potential. Shaw in particular has struggled since his big transfer, body and mind.

If they are going to play it is because they prove they deserve the chances to play. Getting sidelined this season could yet be the challenge (or break) they need.
    Shaw hasn't struggled since his big transfer or do you watch United games. Prior to his injury he was outstanding and hasn't been given a chance since.
    People forget very quickly how good martial had been since he came.
    Murhino has history of casting young players off without giving them a chance and he will do the same with us.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I don't know where Valencia gets his energy from. Sprints up and down the entire right side for 90 minutes. Even in injury time today, he was sprinting on to an overlap, lost the ball and then tore after the Leicester player who got it. He's 31 too.

It's some kind of PED I imagine, has to be.
    Puma-like Ecuadorian Disposition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zerks wrote: »
    We need a 12 foot tall cf who just stands on the left of the penalty area waiting for a cross from Valencia and we are sorted.

He no good on the left most of valencia cross are along the ground into the box. I wonder are they any umpa luumpas good at heading the ball?

Liam O wrote: »
    Lets all forget about the one he left on a plate for Mikateryan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Don't let the 3-0 victory distract you from the fact jayo jinxed the city game :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Run-ins of the top 6 analysed here. United need to make the most of the next run of games as we've three away games against top 6 teams to come.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10744427/premier-league-top-six-run-ins-analysed-can-anyone-stop-chelsea

Top 4 is doable but we can't keep dropping easy points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That bloody song sticks in my brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Robson99 wrote: »
    Lets all forget about the one he left on a plate for Mikateryan

Was a bit kicked at him than weighted perfectly in front of him. a yard more further forward would have meant a shot on target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Shaw hasn't struggled since his big transfer or do you watch United games. Prior to his injury he was outstanding and hasn't been given a chance since.
    Murhino has history of casting young players off without giving them a chance and he will do the same with us.

Mourhino. I'm not a spelling nazi but you are continuously typing his name with the O missing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mourhino is wrong as well Adox! Try Mourinho

Shaws injury happened since his transfer and it has obviously impacted on his performances. His first season wasn't anything amazing. His move happened at a very young age, as did the leg break, they are difficult to deal with for someone so young. He needs time.

Martial did well last season. Did not start this season well and has slowly improved. He is not worth an automatic place ahead of others right now. That is it, he will get more chances to force his way in and hopefuly take them.

The idea that they need chances is correct but they have to earn them and prove they deserve them.

You've time to change that adox :D

and DM7!

Ninja DM7 :cool:

adox wrote: »
    Mourhino. I'm not a spelling nazi but you are continuously typing his name with the O missing.

People in glass house's..........

stankratz wrote: »

and DM7!

Excuse me, mine was right first time but it took me two goes to complete my edit!

Try houses dude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

No comma in houses.

ahem!

Mourhino is wrong as well Adox! Try Mourinho

Shaws injury happened since his transfer and it has obviously impacted on his performances. His first season wasn't anything amazing. His move happened at a very young age, as did the leg break, they are difficult to deal with for someone so young. He needs time.

Martial did well last season. Did not start this season well and has slowly improved. He is not worth an automatic place ahead of others right now. That is it, he will get more chances to force his way in and hopefuly take them.

The idea that they need chances is correct but they have to earn them and prove they deserve them.
    Wasn't it an ideal chance today after 60 mins to bring him on. I just dont get the fear Jose has of taking of Ibra

Try houses dude.

Couldn't be arsed mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

No comma in houses.

It's not a comma it's an apostrophe.

Wasn't it an ideal chance today after 60 mins to bring him on. I just dont get the fear Jose has of taking of Ibra

Maybe. Lots of games coming up so he may have wanted other players to get some rewards for working hard in the lead up to the game.

• Advertisement

and DM7!

Live by the sword......:D

At least I had all the letters!:p

Your all mad. Theirs football to discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

It's not a comma it's an apostrophe.

I meant that to keep the chain alive. You had to go and ruin it by getting yours right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Great win and some other positives to take, but on that part about Valencia...

I've defended Valencia recently, but statements like that don't help yourself or your side of the debate.

He obviously hasn't been proving his doubters wrong, and didn't today either IMO. Apart from the assist, he played more or less the same as he has been playing as of late. That's fine with me as someone who thinks he's been doing grand, but today shouldn't do much to make the "doubters" think that he is suddenly much better.

which has been fantastic hence his player of the month award!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Jose when asked about Carrick getting a new one year contract.
    “Let’s be honest,” Mourinho said. “I have seen many positives in Carrick. But I cannot go to his identity card and delete five years. Michael is not 30.”

Anyone see the full interview, context is important. Id like to see a long term replacement signed but I think he warrants another year even as a squad player

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Between the Premier league run in, the league cup final, Europa League, FA cup and the summer transfer season, it will be an interesting 6 to 7 month period for United fans.

Talk of players like Rooney, Martial, Young and Fellaini possibly leaving. Question marks over Shaw and Smalling.
    Possibly Griezmann, Semedo, Lindelof, Bakayoko and more incoming.

Who knows how this season goes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Watching the game today and the highlights tonight on MOTD and was struck by the Leicester fans leaving early.
    Even with how badly the games are going, Ranieri led them to a league title less than a year ago and deserves better than that. How much does it cost them to stay for the last ten minutes and support their team and manager.
    Classless.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Watching the game today and the highlights tonight on MOTD and was struck by the Leicester fans leaving early.
    Even with how badly the games are going, Ranieri led them to a league title less than a year ago and deserves better than that. How much does it cost them to stay for the last ten minutes and support their team and manager.
    Classless.

It made me smile given United fans were singing 'Cheerio'.

bangkok wrote: »
    which has been fantastic hence his player of the month award!!

Keep banging that drum.

You remind me of Nigel from Spinal Tap

IF6L8m9.jpg?1

ConZlatulations (I'm not sorry) to the main man on hitting his 20th goal for United today.

Right...'only' 15 of them are in the PL which puts him joint 2nd on the leading scorers list along with Costa and Sanchez. They are one behind Lukaku on 16.

Also, Ibra is now the oldest player to have reached 15 goals in a PL season.

Apart from the goal, I thought Ibra had an all-round good game today. Link-up play, effective dribbles, chance creation, all improved upon from the previous match.

There is the odd game where he isn't as useful as we need him to be, but overall he's been immense for United.

Plus, talk about proving doubters wrong, there is a man actually doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

How did Flappyhandski spill that header to allow City to win?! Sake.

I'm just desperate to finish top 4 this year. The fact two of the other teams will finish 5th and 6th would be funny too. I don't want us to be one of them.

Not sure if this has been posted already.

No mention of Carrick in it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Id be delighted to see United part company with Zlatan before next season. I know it sounds crazy but I think we can do better. A front 4 of Rashford Mkhitaryan and Martial behind Griezmann would be fantastic. Zlatan for me is too slow up front. I think he will start to become a problem as Jose won't ever substitute him. Id love to see that front 4 with Pogba and a new midfielder behind them.

adox wrote: »

Not sure if this has been posted already.

No mention of Carrick in it though.

Very good interview, nice to see him in great form aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

duffman13 wrote: »
    Very good interview, nice to see him in great form aswell!

I can see him here for a while, not Fergie/Wenger duration but if you told me he'd be here in 2022 I wouldn't be shocked. I think it's a job he's always wanted and it's a bit different for him.

Forgive the tangent but by coming to united and delivering Zlatan has, for me, cemented his legacy and undermined the cardinal criticism of his career; that he produced his best work in a French league that really wasn't up to much. He left Paris at 35 to come to a proud club suffering a barren spell and he delivered, that adds a layer to his legacy in the game that heading off to China or LA never could. He dared to do something different and importantly something harder, that will stand to him.

Coming back to Mourinho I genuinely think he's the man to turn the ship. For me the worst times were looking at Moyes'/LVG's united teams and not being able to see the way back, not being able to see any progress. This year we've had an illogical number of draws, an infuriating inability to finish and some confusing selection quirks with Mhki/Shaw/Martial but f**k me at least we're moving in the right direction for the first time in four years. Like Zlatan it's a case of the road less travelled with Jose, he could've taken a handy number somewhere and won another few leagues but he's done enough of that. The challenge he has taken on is huge but if he pulls it off it will add far more to his legacy in the game than say going to Bayern and winning 3 Bundesliga on the bounce.

So Lacazette has come out and said he wants to leave Lyon in the Summer, expect us to be linked with him.

So Lacazette has come out and said he wants to leave Lyon in the Summer, expect us to be linked with him.

He'll end up at Arsenal or Dortmund(when they sell Aubameyang) It's Griezmann for us I hope!

duffman13 wrote: »
    He'll end up at Arsenal or Dortmund(when they sell Aubameyang) It's Griezmann for us I hope!

Stories the other day that Jose wants 2 strikers.

Stories the other day that Jose wants 2 strikers.

I wonder if Ibra is a one season job so, no way do we keep Ibra and sign those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

There was reports that his was agent was talking up a move to Napoli in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I fear it's the end for shaw and martial at United which would be a shame as I really thought theyd be here for the next decade.

It sounds like Jose isn't convinced attitude wise with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

sky88 wrote: »
    I fear it's the end for shaw and martial at United which would be a shame as I really thought theyd be here for the next decade.

It sounds like Jose isn't convinced attitude wise with them.

I think it's too early to say whether it's the end of Shaw and Martial at United as there are a lot of games coming up and you can't rule out players either suspended or injured during that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

IF6L8m9.jpg?1

ConZlatulations (I'm not sorry) to the main man on hitting his 20th goal for United today.

Right...'only'  15 of them are in the PL which puts him joint 2nd on the leading  scorers list along with Costa and Sanchez. They are one behind Lukaku on  16.

Also, Ibra is now the oldest player to have reached 15 goals in a PL season.

Apart  from the goal, I thought Ibra had an all-round good game today. Link-up  play, effective dribbles, chance creation, all improved upon from the  previous match.

There is the odd game where he isn't as useful as we need him to be, but overall he's been immense for United.

Plus, talk about proving doubters wrong, there is a man actually doing it.
    Yeah he's done okay. But we are not going to be winning the league with him as our only striker playing 90 minutes every game. Not this year, not next year. So whilst it's a nice personal accomplishment and whilst he must get joy out of saying he has conquered England it comes at a cost to the team and I think there's already a bit of resentment. I feel resentful to be honest at his immunity and the favouritism being shown to him. Even though he is our best finisher, I don't know what Jose is thinking by taking away all hope from other players that they might have a fair chance of playing their way into the team, or getting that position, especially given how blunt our attack has been overall and given that Zlatan in the focal point. The fact is he is not mobile enough. His body can't do a lot of the things that his mind wants to do. He is still our best striker right now but it is truly baffling why Jose insists on playing him for 90 minutes every game and I'd like someone to explain that to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Yeah he's done okay. But we are not going to be winning the league with him as our only striker playing 90 minutes every game. Not this year, not next year. So whilst it's a nice personal accomplishment and whilst he must get joy out of saying he has conquered England it comes at a cost to the team and I think there's already a bit of resentment. I feel resentful to be honest at his immunity and the favouritism being shown to him. Even though he is our best finisher, I don't know what Jose is thinking by taking away all hope from other players that they might have a fair chance of playing their way into the team, or getting that position, especially given how blunt our attack has been overall and given that Zlatan in the focal point. The fact is he is not mobile enough. His body can't do a lot of the things that his mind wants to do. He is still our best striker right now but it is truly baffling why Jose insists on playing him for 90 minutes every game and I'd like someone to explain that to me.
    first since rvp to score 20, has won us a load of points, assists, etc my only problem is how much pogba will pass to him over someone in a better position. Zlantan has been a fimmense for the club. Today showd put mhikti behind me ansd **** happens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement