Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Right time to start a new unbeaten run starting from Wigan on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm a bit depressed by that.
    Look you aren't going to play well every game but you expect a certain level of effort and performance when the team is on the up and that was anything but.

So many utterly dire performances. Rashford and Ibra aside I can't really pick anyone else out who played anywhere near decent.

Didn't see the point of the Rooney sub. Another player with a lack of pace and joined in the "couldn't be arsed" collective.

Unbeaten run gone as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Should be some telling offs after that, a lot of the players went out thinking the tie was over.

Not good enough

they were right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Is that 3 blanks in a row for Ibra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Very disappointed to lose our unbeaten run to bloody hull.

Could tell players weren't all to bothered at times.

Ah well main thing was to get final would of liked a performance though could have also done with giving few of others a game to.

• Advertisement

a dodgy pen goal, then their second came at 1-1 when they realistically needed 3 more.

It was never in question at any stage tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Robson99 wrote: »
    Is that 3 blanks in a row for Ibra?

Scored against the Scouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shows how important Valencia is offensively for us. I'll forgive the performance 2night but need to get back playing well starting with Wigan

they were right

You know what he meant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Depressingly boring game and some dire performances to boot.

• Advertisement

a dodgy pen goal, then their second came at 1-1 when they realistically needed 3 more.

It was never in question at any stage tonight

Yeah well in the match thread you have Utd winning the cup itself handy in the first half so excuse me if I don't take your opinion seriously.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Scored against the Scouse.

Ya my bad. Him and Rashford our better players tonite. Would like to see the two of them up top together in some games

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great to be in a final but by god that game tonight is best forgotten about

Very flat/dire performance

adox wrote: »
    You know what he meant.

I do know, but it's bloody ridiculous to expect players to be at full tilt in every game, especially what was basically a dead rubber after a hectic Xmas period, with much more important games to come.

The team named was absolutely strong enough to do the biz if and when needed, but it turns out it wasn't needed and was a literal stroll in the park.

Do just enough to ensure progress, don't drain the tank and make sure you have enough for the way more important games coming up.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Shows how important Valencia is offensively for us. I'll forgive the performance 2night but need to get back playing well starting with Wigan

Valencia is about as influential for Utd offensively as Jones is.

We didn't miss anyone. We just didn't play well as a collective or put the effort in.

Yeah well in the match thread you have Utd winning the cup itself handy in the first half so excuse me if I don't take your opinion seriously.

You don't have confidence that United will beat Southampton?

Really? United will, rightly, be firm favourites for that match.

It's ok to admit that.

I do know, but it's bloody ridiculous to expect players to be at full tilt in every game, especially what was basically a dead rubber after a hectic Xmas period, with much more important games to come.

The team named was absolutely strong enough to do the biz if and when needed, but it turns out it wasn't needed and was a literal stroll in the park.

Do just enough to ensure progress, don't drain the tank and make sure you have enough for the way more important games coming up.
    You can play well without draining the tank. They were just ****e and need a kick up the rear after that half armed performance

A stroll in the park? Ha I've heard it all now.

Carry on...

A stroll in the park? Ha I've heard it all now.

Carry on...

The players strolled around, literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Haha jose interview he is cracking Under the pressure lads can't handle it.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Haha jose interview he is cracking. Under the pressure lads can't handle it.

good try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Some interview from Jose ha ha

You don't have confidence that United will beat Southampton?

Really? United will, rightly, be firm favourites for that match.

It's ok to admit that.

That's not what you said so I don't know why you are asking those questions. You are posting in absolutes(like your earlier posts on here). It's just nonsense imo.

And the "it's ok to admit it" comment. You seem to be looking for a reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I say fair balls to em.. no doubt they would try to push him to talk about the ref..

The players strolled around, literally.

And there you go again...

You need to learn what a stroll in the park means.

That's not what you said so I don't know why you are asking those questions. You are posting in absolutes(like your earlier posts on here). It's just nonsense imo.

And the "it's ok to admit it" comment. You seem to be looking for a reaction.

United will win the EFL Cup.

There.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Tbh after seeing the pens there I'm not sure if we were hard done by at all. Nothing in the contact that made smalling go down and Rojo did have the shirt pulled.

Jayop wrote: »
    Tbh after seeing the pens there I'm not sure if we were hard done by at all. Nothing in the contact that made smalling go down and Rojo did have the shirt pulled.

Neither or both were penos imo.

In fact neither were penos but if he gave the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

That performance is really worrying!! Both at Stoke and now Hull we completely switched off for far too long portions of the game and allowed the opposition into the game. Hopefully we get over whatever is happening at Wigan and demolish Hull in the league next week.

We're at a stage in the season where we just can't go into these dire phases. The catch up business in the league is still in full swing and we can't lose the grip now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

One of the lads I know had €10 on Huddleston fg and 2-1

€4010 back, fair play to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Neither or both were penos imo.

In fact neither were penos but if he gave the first.

They both would have been mad soft but I think the one that was given was more of a pen than the other one.

But basically what they are saying is its ok to push an opponent but not to pull an opponent I see the logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Hococop wrote: »
    One of the lads I know had €10 on Huddleston fg and 2-1

€4010 back, fair play to him

One of the lads I know booked flights for the final when the draw was made... He's a Liverpool fan :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Bit of a childish "interview" there from jose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Smalling went down too easily IMO for it to be a pen. Also, the Rojo one was never a pen. If that Rojo shirt pull is a legitimate foul and penalty then John Terry and Vidic would have given away 30 or 40 penalties over the course of their careers.

Standard of refereeing this season has been poor to say the least, and many more teams besides Utd have suffered because of it.

Hull were the better team, Utd not arsed in the slightest. I thought Rashford was good, Herrera also worked hard, Ibra did ok but that was it. The rest were massively underwhelming.

I hope they get their sh1t in gear for the league now.

• Advertisement

Shirt pulling is a free kick / penalty. No issue with it been given. Problem is consistency. Refs give them about 5 % of the time. Thats the problem

bangkok wrote: »
    Bit of a childish "interview" there from jose

What could he possible add to the interview? He can say how he feels or he will be in trouble so that's left to say is a few sound bites to please the media and lie to the fans. His few words were better then a thousand words.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Bit concerned after that. Thankfully we've a couple of 'straightforward ' home games before we go to Leicester. Will the city game still be on the 26th Feb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

3 games without a win. Played pretty terrible in all 3 of them.
    Worrying...

What could he possible add to the interview? He can say how he feels or he will be in trouble so that's left to say is a few sound bites to please the media and lie to the fans. His few words were better then a thousand words.

Let the guy ask him a few questions about the game etc, just ignore questions about ref

• Advertisement

Next 6 games are very winnable. Should be winning them all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Bit concerned after that. Thankfully we've a couple of 'straightforward ' home games before we go to Leicester. Will the city game still be on the 26th Feb?

Well if City want to run around at the Ethiad while Utd are at Wembley playing Southamption, they're more than welcome to do so :P

LVG was getting applauded for interviews like that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Yikes just seen in the top 4 thread that the city game could be moved to midweek between the Arsenal and Spurs away games, that would be pretty much be a season defining week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

What's the Dustin thing about? Haven't been around much lately.

Let the guy ask him a few questions about the game etc, just ignore questions about ref

"the guy" wasn't interested in asking questions about the game.

I know your not naive so don't act it. You know as well as I do that there was only one direction that interview was going if he had to respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

3 games without a win. Played pretty terrible in all 3 of them.
    Worrying...

That's it, tonight in isolation, though utter, utter, dog****, would be ok. The problem is that is a pattern forming rather then something out of the ordinary.

Whether its just a dip, whether the players are tired with the lack of rotation and heavy schedule recently, I don't know. But he needs to snap this **** now

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I would be very concerned about our last few performances, and thats from somebody who wasn't too worried when we were dropping points early in the season. We were performing fine then, we really aren't now.

Nobody will agree but I think Zlatan is an issue. Forget the goals, look at the effect he has on our play and then wonder what happens when he hits the wall.

I'd be concerned if it continues against Wigan and Hull yes the last 3 games weren't great results but we played well against pool we hammered Stoke but didn't get a finish and we were out of sorts sitting on a 2 goal advantage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement