Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think Marco alonso is a fantastic player anytime I watched Chelsea play this year he has been one of best players he has to be the most improved player this season.

Alonso and moses are work horses just like valencia. Every team needs them as they are vital to the system the team plays

• The Saga continues

"Atletico Madrid president reacts to Griezmann interest

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo admits he does not know ‘what Manchester United’s interest is’ in star forward Antoine Griezmann.

The 25-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford in the summer after establishing himself as one of the world’s best players at the Vicente Calderon.

But Cerezo appears confident in hanging on to his prized asset.

Every time I see Antoine I give him a hug, he told Spanish national radio network COPE.
    Antoine is a fantastic player and loves life at Atletico.
    I don’t know what Manchester United’s interest is. But Griezmann will be at Atletico for a long time."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

beno619 wrote: »
    And Vic Moses & Marco Alonso are ?

It's a ridiculous statement considering he has started for a title winning side.

4 years ago.

Playing as a winger.

He is a winger by trade that has converted to a wing back.

Two assists for a natural winger that has carte blanche to go forward at will from the RB position is a poor return.

People get blinded because he runs all day, that alone does not a good footballer make.

In my opinion he is not good enough at what he is currently doing. The amount of ball he sees vs the end product is awful.

Does any other full back in the league get as much time and space on the ball as Valencia does.

Most people I see critising Valencia, are talking about his quality of cross, he gets into great positions but his delivery is poor. He has become one of our biggest attacking outlets in the team so it is fair he is open to critisism on his attacking play also.

Hell if I really wanted to go on a big rant he actually miskicked the ball the lead to his assist against Lecister, got in behind the defence in the first half, free in the box near the byline and crossed it into the 6 yard box no where near one of the 2 players in the box and later in the 2nd half had a fairly simple pull back pass for Miki but the ball was bobbling so it was a much harder chance.

Now all these things are fine in isolation and even all are fine for one game but this is Valencias average actually Lecister could have been better then average for him, as he didnt smash it off the defenders legs or cross it over everyones heads.

Valencia (at 1.7 crosses per game) averages 3-5 times more crosses than anyone elses full/wing backs in the top 7 (Ive discounted Milner as he takes corners and frees for Liverpool and he comes in at a whopping 1.4)

TLDR for all the Space, Possesion and as a main attacking outlet, Valencias end product is not nearly good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The Saga continues

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo admits he does not know ‘what Manchester United’s interest is’ in star forward Antoine Griezmann.

The 25-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford in the summer after establishing himself as one of the world’s best players at the Vicente Calderon.

Every time I see Antoine I give him a hug, he told Spanish national radio network COPE.
    I don’t know what Manchester United’s interest is. But Griezmann will be at Atletico for a long time."

He was also bigging up Aguero in the interview.. saying that comments he made critisising him a few months ago were fake and that if I'm remembering correctly.. when I read the interview it read as if he was resigned to losing Griezmann and he was gonna try sign Aguero..

He was asked about Uniteds interest in Griezmann and he says "Manchester United?" "Small team".. said the small team part sarcastically..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just in case people dint know my opinion of Valencia.
    I think he is as poor defensively as offensively.

Sure he is having a better season this season but lets be honest, hes set the bar pretty low over the last few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Really a fan of Mkhitaryans attitude, I've read a lot about him but he seems very intelligent and down to earth. Interview below with Bild talking about how he has to be at his best to get in the team
    Mkhitaryan wrote:

“Manchester United are not just any football club,” he told SportBild.

“A part of the association with this club means to be part of a great story.

“That also means when you play for United you must always be ready, always try to get the best from yourself.

“If you keep trying to do this and produce the performance, then you always get a chance. But if you do not, then you are out quickly.

“I did not want to later look back in my life and say, ‘Why would you not make times change?’.

“I do not want to miss a thing. Life is too short, too short to pass this opportunity up.

“Sure, my agent Mino Raiola helped me in this, but in the end the decision for Manchester United — I made that alone.

“Then you have to be prepared. So I have prepared myself. I read about the history of England, of Manchester. I wanted to know how people here live, their interests.

“I also analysed English football. The important thing was you have to be mentally ready.”

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Not the greatest quality video, but pay close attention to Mata's assist here.
    As soon as the ball falls to him he's looking up to see where everyone is, and again before actually crossing the ball he takes another extended look, before putting the ball perfectly on Pogba's head, with his weaker foot.

Valencia simply does not do this. Think some people are blinded by the fact he picks up the ball in dangerous positions so often, but the vast majority of the time he kills the attack, or just gives it back to Herrera.

His crossing style is insanely frustrating. Normally when under pressure he just drills it in low and aimlessly, with Zlatan's goal on Sunday being the first time all season this was lucky enough to get us a goal.
    What's worse though is when he has a bit more time to cross it, he does this terrible high floaty one to the back post that hugely favours the defending team.

To say you won't find a RB in the league who will attack or cross better than Valencia is laughable. He's contribution to our attack is absolutely minimal, IMO he actually negatively contributes because of how often our momentum ends when the ball comes to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Vidic is going for his Pro License in coaching along with Nicky Butt. Nobody would mess with those two on the sideline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

The Saga continues

In fairness, if I owned something worth €70-80 million, I'd be hugging it everyday too.
    Daresay, he'll be just as happy to hug a huge cheque this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not the greatest quality video, but pay close attention to Mata's assist here.
    As soon as the ball falls to him he's looking up to see where everyone is, and again before actually crossing the ball he takes another extended look, before putting the ball perfectly on Pogba's head, with his weaker foot.

Valencia simply does not do this. Think some people are blinded by the fact he picks up the ball in dangerous positions so often, but the vast majority of the time he kills the attack, or just gives it back to Herrera.

His crossing style is insanely frustrating. Normally when under pressure he just drills it in low and aimlessly, with Zlatan's goal on Sunday being the first time all season this was lucky enough to get us a goal.
    What's worse though is when he has a bit more time to cross it, he does this terrible high floaty one to the back post that hugely favours the defending team.

To say you won't find a RB in the league who will attack or cross better than Valencia is laughable. He's contribution to our attack is absolutely minimal, IMO he actually negatively contributes because of how often our momentum ends when the ball comes to him.

Mata has made way too many failed crosses every game, especially the one he tries far post and always ends up being cleared.

It's easy to post Valencia's assist against Leicester and then saying that's how you have to play the cross and not like Mata.

Go on and name those fantastic crosser of the ball who plays as RB in the league. Just having more assists doesn't mean better attacker, there is more than that for being good attacker. Valencia carries the ball better than many RBs and one of the best when it comes to retaining possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

If Valencia is not good enough it reflects badly on the manager. The other options are not great but surely they should be given a fair chance if the guy in the team is not at it.

Valencia's position in the team appears to be as rock solid as De Gea and Ibra at the moment. Therefore I would assume the manager is happy with him.

The big issue I would have is why is Valencia attempting to put in so many crosses when the success rate is so bad. The success rate is so bad it's hardly worth ever crossing the ball. So why isn't the manager doing something? Does he not have any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Still need a replacement for Carrick

All indication from Mourinho is that he won't get a new contract and if Van Gaal was still in charge he wouldn't even be at the club imo.

I expect another four substantial signings in the summer, likely two midfielders, one defender and an attacker.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Having a good season what age is he now? I think carvalho is the closest we get to Carrick.

From the limited stuff I've seen from Carvalho he looks a polar opposite to Carrick. A strong, big engined midfielder destroyer. Only seen him a bit but massively unimpressed with his ball distribution and understood why all the summer stories of him at £40m were total bollox.

But we all know who I think is the natural heir to Carrick, and already far better then Carrick ever was <3

Liam O wrote: »
    When did Darmian become terrible? I think he is quite good, hasn't really gotten a chance in his preferred position but seems to have taken over from Rojo as the derided scapegoat in defense.

This. He's been playing LB under Jose and by all accounts has being doing fine.

I think he is is stronger defensively than Valencia and while he gets up the pitch slower, his delivery I'd imagine can't be any worse then Tony "I can't learn to whip a cross" Valencia

Actually think for all the praise and credit he gets and rightly so for his down to earth mentality and strong work ethic, its a bit embarrasing he hasn't been able to learn how to whip a cross in.

• Advertisement

So much nonsense is posted about Valencia's crossing. From the Premier league official site these are the cross completion percentage for few full backs and players who play in wide positions.

Valencia - 29%
    Mata - 25%
    Darmian - 22%
    Mkhitaryan - 19%

Ozil - 26%
    Bellerin - 19%
    Monreal - 10%

Willian - 32%
    Moses - 13%
    Alonso - 14%

Baines - 25%
    Coleman - 18%

Milner - 17%
    Lallana - 21%
    Mane - 12%
    Clyne - 22%

Sagna - 5%
    Clichy - 31%
    Zabaleta - 15%
    Jesus Navas - 15%
    Sane - 18%
    David Silva - 24%
    De Bruyne - 30%

Walker - 15%
    Rose - 22%
    Lamela - 38%
    Eriksen - 20%

This isn't like Pass completion percentage which doesn't tell full story as passing just sideways and backwards gives you 100% completion. Almost all crosses are sideways and into the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Two assists for a natural winger that has carte blanche to go forward at will from the RB position is a poor return.

People get blinded because he runs all day, that alone does not a good footballer make.

People get blinded by the assist stat which another poster highlighted last night.

I think the truth lies somewhere in between the two argument.

I for one am glad the Rooney debates are over anyway, the thread was flogging a dead donkey for weeks on that one.

One of the really impressive things was how Jose has managed phasing him out like that, and how Rooney has reacted

TLDR for all the Space, Possesion and as a main attacking outlet, Valencias end product is not nearly good enough

That is the critique he receives correctly and why he is clearly someone who can be upgraded.

He has become better defensively, and learned fast enough. In reality its only maybe 3-4 times a year he is going to deal with a left winger who might put it up to him (Hazard, who else? )

But the time and space he has, considering the RW that side tucks in, his end product is clearly not good enough. Evidently. Obviously.

It's a well worked tactic, that he gets that much space with Mata or whoever tucking in, Herrera dropping back behind him to form an option, but somtimes you wonder if an actual right winger would be better suited, who can cross a ball or actually beat someone 1v1.

This was the hope I had for maybe Memphis, to give him that role for a shot. Cracking delivery and can turn a defender and drive into the box.

Although the art of crossing seems to be just dieing a death. There is few people in our team who can consistently deliver high quality crosses. Memphis was actually one. Lad could whip a ball in beautifully. Mata when he cuts in either floats or hits a flat cross.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So much nonsense is posted about Valencia's crossing. From the Premier league official site these are the cross completion percentage for few full backs and players who play in wide positions.

Valencia - 29%
    Mata - 25%
    Darmian - 22%
    Mkhitaryan - 19%

Ozil - 26%
    Bellerin - 19%
    Monreal - 10%

Willian - 32%
    Moses - 13%
    Alonso - 14%

Baines - 25%
    Coleman - 18%

Milner - 17%
    Lallana - 21%
    Mane - 12%
    Clyne - 22%

Sagna - 5%
    Clichy - 31%
    Zabaleta - 15%
    Jesus Navas - 15%
    Sane - 18%
    David Silva - 24%
    De Bruyne - 30%

Walker - 15%
    Rose - 22%
    Lamela - 38%
    Eriksen - 20%

This isn't like Pass completion percentage which doesn't tell full story as passing just sideways and backwards gives you 100% completion. Almost all crosses are sideways and into the box.

What point are you trying to make here? There is I'd argue no right back from that list, that is afforded the time and space, via a managers specific tactic, as Valencia is.

Here is a quick squawka matrix I through together, doesn't seem to have crossing. But you can quickly see against some rival RB's, none of which afforded the space and time he is in games (from what I've seen anyway) he's hardly setting the pace.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2016/2017/antonio_valencia/641/641/581/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/kyle_walker/641/641/854/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/nathaniel_clyne/641/641/751/36/p|premier_league/2016/2017/seamus_coleman/641/641/467/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/victor_moses/641/641/936/33/p#key_passes/assists/chances_created#total

And here is a quick comparison of players that I see occupying the same positions that Valencia does when attacking

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2016/2017/antonio_valencia/641/641/581/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/pedro/641/641/320/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/sadio_mané/641/641/3272/36/p|premier_league/2016/2017/raheem_sterling/641/641/534/37/p|premier_league/2016/2017/theo_walcott/641/641/79/0/p#key_passes/assists/chances_created#total

Again this isn't saying Valencia is pathetic or rubbish, but there is definitely MASSIVE room for improvement imo.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »

But the time and space he has, considering the RW that side tucks in, his end product is clearly not good enough. Evidently. Obviously.

It's a well worked tactic, that he gets that much space with Mata or whoever tucking in, Herrera dropping back behind him to form an option, but somtimes you wonder if an actual right winger would be better suited, who can cross a ball or actually beat someone 1v1.

Thats kinda funny in my head Id#ve wondered what Miki might be like in Valencias position and have Valencia in Herreas, as he generally wont lose the ball and has the pace to cover any counters with the added bonus of actual quality on the wing.

All pie in the sky mind as it would involve Valencia in MF and Miki at RB :D

Also do all the crosses our LBs collects from going out for a throw count as completed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

with valencias delivery its just not good enough. hes got i think 2 assists but when you think of the time and space he creates with his pace its nothing really.

i cant think of many times he has delivered a good ball and you think the player should have finished it.

Thats kinda funny in my head Id#ve wondered what Miki might be like in Valencias position and have Valencia in Herreas, as he generally wont lose the ball and has the pace to cover any counters with the added bonus of actual quality on the wing.

All pie in the sky mind as it would involve Valencia in MF and Miki at RB :D

It's obviously what Mourinho wants to happen. When Valencia gets into those positions, our RW is tucking into the box, along with Pogba, our LW and Zlatan, along with a #10. So the opposition defence then is sitting in deep to cover, and all that is really there is

1) Valencia beat the fullback, and drive inside to try a cutback
    2) Valencia to fire a cross in and hope Pogba,Zlatan or Fellaini if playing can capitalise.

It's the downside of a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 where you lose width as your wide players are not actually wide players. Your relying on the fullbacks to push forward for that width, but are naturally then pushing the opposition back further, and more compact.

Playing with a more naturally wide player allows for one twos, the opposition needing to send two players out wide creating spaces, and allows a bit more room in the box and for our players to hit the byline, or cross into better areas with less defensive cover.

What point are you trying to make here? There is I'd argue no right back from that list, that is afforded the time and space, via a managers specific tactic, as Valencia is.

Here is a quick squawka matrix I through together, doesn't seem to have crossing. But you can quickly see against some rival RB's, none of which afforded the space and time he is in games (from what I've seen anyway) he's hardly setting the pace.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2016/2017/antonio_valencia/641/641/581/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/kyle_walker/641/641/854/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/nathaniel_clyne/641/641/751/36/p|premier_league/2016/2017/seamus_coleman/641/641/467/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/victor_moses/641/641/936/33/p#key_passes/assists/chances_created#total

And here is a quick comparison of players that I see occupying the same positions that Valencia does when attacking

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2016/2017/antonio_valencia/641/641/581/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/pedro/641/641/320/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/sadio_mané/641/641/3272/36/p|premier_league/2016/2017/raheem_sterling/641/641/534/37/p|premier_league/2016/2017/theo_walcott/641/641/79/0/p#key_passes/assists/chances_created#total

Again this isn't saying Valencia is pathetic or rubbish, but there is definitely MASSIVE room for improvement imo.

Afforded space and time? All the right backs who makes overlapping runs gets space and time. That's the point of overlapping runs. Saying only Valencia gets so much time and space is nonsense.

My point was about cross completion, he is no worse than any RB in the league. If anything he is among the best in the league when it comes to cross completion.

Btw you did the stats wrong. You have to click on per 90 mins and I still don't understand what you are trying to prove. In the stats you have posted Valencia stands up against some of the best wingers in the league.

Key passes:
    Pedro - 0.90
    Valencia - 1.06
    Walcott - 0.56
    Mane - 1.69
    Sterling - 1.30

Chances created - He is better than Walcott and marginally worse than Pedro and Sterling who doesn't have any defensive duties.

Again a player who plays completely as a full back is compared with players who plays as wide fowards.

Comparison with Full backs:
    Key passes: Marginally worse than Walker and Clyne but much better than Moses and Coleman

Assists: Walker with 0.23 and rest all from 0.09 to 0.11. Hardly anything between them.

Chances created: Just like key passes, Marginally worse than Walker and Clyne but much better than Moses and Coleman.

Again not sure what's the point. The discussion was about Valencia's crossing ability and as I posted the stats that shows he has better than most. Even in the stats you have posted there is nothing between them if you use the stats properly as not all players played same mins.

You should also add dribbles completed as it is also part of attacking. Only moses completes more dribbles than Valencia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

From the limited stuff I've seen from Carvalho he looks a polar opposite to Carrick. A strong, big engined midfielder destroyer. Only seen him a bit but massively unimpressed with his ball distribution and understood why all the summer stories of him at £40m were total bollox.

But we all know who I think is the natural heir to Carrick, and already far better then Carrick ever was <3

He is built different then Carrick but he plays deep and breaks up attacks and I donno about his distribution but I seen him playing some lovely balls in the euros and a few times this season. He has a pass on him similar to pogba that he can loop a ball in behind the defence.

Just some things I noticed from him because we been linked with him for a few years now and only for his injury last year he would of more ed somewhere by now.

Valencia - 29%
    Mata - 25%
    Darmian - 22%
    Mkhitaryan - 19%

Ozil - 26%
    Bellerin - 19%
    Monreal - 10%

Willian - 32%
    Moses - 13%
    Alonso - 14%

Baines - 25%
    Coleman - 18%

Milner - 17%
    Lallana - 21%
    Mane - 12%
    Clyne - 22%

Sagna - 5%
    Clichy - 31%
    Zabaleta - 15%
    Jesus Navas - 15%
    Sane - 18%
    David Silva - 24%
    De Bruyne - 30%

Walker - 15%
    Rose - 22%
    Lamela - 38%
    Eriksen - 20%

Yep the above is a great stat and just proves the nonsense that is said about valencia and his poor crossing.

Also to say he had time and space to do better like some are saying, he is making that time and space himself

Someone care to explain the cross completion stat to me?

Does a touch count?
    Or is it who ends up in possesion after?
    Do crosses that are totally overhit count?
    Does the ball deflecting back to a player count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Good lord i hate stats in soccer

They create more questions than they provide...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I would also contend a completed cross can be a 'bad' cross and an incomplete one could have been 'good'. Ie a lofted ball that goes beyond the far post and is just about reached by a team mate but creates nothing, is a 'bad' cross imo. A cross that gets put into a good area, at pace that a striker just doesn't reach or is well defended isn't completed, but that doesn't make it a bad cross imo.

Its also an issue I have with penalties. 'Good' penalties can be saved and bad ones can go in if the keeper guesses correctly (for example the scored penalty goes waist height halfway between the centre of the goal and the post - a perfect place for the keeper to save it if they guess correctly.

Stats, meh.

Another one is pass completion percentage. Jones has a brilliant pass completion percentage this year - but its not like he is doing anything with the ball. I am more than happy for the attacking players to have relatively poor completion percentages because a lot of the time you will need to take risks and play ambitious balls to break through a defence, and obviously they have a far higher chance of not coming off. Of course you have players like Scholes, Pirlo, Xavi who could have high percentages and play killer balls - but the majority of their passing would be 'simple' passes, not the 30 yard eye of needle lasers we loved them for..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

brinty wrote: »
    Good lord i hate stats in soccer

They create more questions than they provide...

What percentage more?

Tbh w/e on Valencia.

Ok, he makes all that time and space, where we are dominating the ball and he just magically conjours up all that space and attacking threat on the right by himself. Definitely nothing to do with the team shape or tactics. He is such a good right back he makes that happen himself.

And definitely all the other right backs in the league have the same advantage.

Silly Doc watching football getting things wrong again using his eyes.

In regards to valencia, jose is extremely happy with him even calling him the best rb in the world and in all fairness thats all that counts

Tbh w/e on Valencia.

Ok, he makes all that time and space, where we are dominating the ball and he just magically conjours up all that space and attacking threat on the right by himself. Definitely nothing to do with the team shape or tactics. He is such a good right back he makes that happen himself.

And definitely all the other right backs in the league have the same advantage.

Silly Doc watching football getting things wrong again using his eyes.

You are not wrong, you should stick to your opinion that Jose built his tactics around Valencia, to get all the space and time to him.

All the other RBs in the league are marked by two or three players with no space and time, it's only Valencia who gets it and that too because Jose built his tactics to get all the time for his RB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Has anyone discussed Valencia's contribution to the team yet?

bangkok wrote: »
    In regards to valencia, jose is extremely happy with him even calling him the best rb in the world and in all fairness thats all that counts

And that's the reason he built his tactics around Valencia, to get him all the space and time. Players like Clyne, Coleman, Walker never gets so much space and time because they are marked by 2-3 players.

Or don't be surprised to even read that opposition gives all the space and time to Valencia as he is not a threat.

And that's the reason he built his tactics around Valencia, to get him all the space and time. Players like Clyne, Coleman, Walker never gets so much space and time because they are marked by 2-3 players.

Or don't be surprised to even read that opposition gives all the space and time to Valencia as he is not a threat.

Are you going to explain the cross completion stat? Please and thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Last four manager's have all started with Valencia right back, I think that says it all.

We have much bigger problems at left back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Are you going to explain the cross completion stat? Please and thanks

I can guide you though.

https://www.premierleague.com/contact/getintouch

• Advertisement

Sorry if im being confusing, I know where you got it, I just dont know what its parameters are

You are not wrong, you should stick to your opinion that Jose built his tactics around Valencia, to get all the space and time to him.

All the other RBs in the league are marked by two or three players with no space and time, it's only Valencia who gets it and that too because Jose built his tactics to get all the time for his RB.

unsure if serious or taking the piss out of me :D

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Last four manager's have all started with Valencia right back, I think that says it all.

We have much bigger problems at left back.

I think the bolded part here is misleading. While he was used there on occasion by Moyes and SAF he was used for the Vast vast majority of games as a RW. He only really converted into a FB during LVG tenure and continues that under Jose.

I really don't believe we have far worse problems at LB as we have a number of players that can play there and it will only become a problem if Shaw leaves IMO.

While not taking Valencias individual attacking stats/crossing into account, as most of our attacks are coming from his side and the tactics are heavily influenced by his movement up by down the flank, if he was to be injured we really need someone else that can do the same thing.

RB is number 3 priority for me after Griezmann and a DM

Sorry if im being confusing, I know where you got it, I just dont know what its parameters are

I gave you the link to contact the site people. You can drop all your questions there.

I gave you the link to contact the site people. You can drop all your questions there.

Well to be honest, you are the one using them to back up your case. Surely you should know the parameters otherwise it's a bit misleading no?

unsure if serious or taking the piss out of me :D

:D

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Well to be honest. You are the one using them to back up your case. Surely you should know the parameters otherwise it's a bit misleading no?

Why? Site says cross accuracy %, it gives very good picture if you not pedantic and start asking whether they consider if the ball hit player's arse, or if it is 3 inches below player's dick.

Being pedantic, you can discard any stats in the game including assists and not give enough credit to goals scored stat also.

I have used the stats provided in the official site, if anyone doubts the stats then they should contact the site people and gets their questions clarified. If I did those stats by myself then I would have answered what criteria I have used.

Fail to be impressed with how Bayern run their club. Alonso announces retirement and the club have arranged for him to sit on the board, Lahm announces he will retire and mentions he was already offered a coaching role with the team.

Why? Site says cross accuracy %, it gives very good picture if you not pedantic and start asking whether they consider if the ball hit player's arse, or if it is 3 inches below player's dick.

Being pedantic, you can discard any stats in the game including assists and not give enough credit to goals scored stat also.

I have used the stats provided in the official site, if anyone doubts the stats then they should contact the site people and gets their questions clarified. If I did those stats by myself then I would have answered what criteria I have used.

You stated that there is so much nonsense posted about Vals crossing and then used crossing accuracy to back that up when the majority of people are complaining about the quality of the crosses..

We don't know the parameters of those figures so

Every cross that Val over hit that a united player got a slight touch on could be included..

Every cross that Val lashed across the box behind a player who had to control it with his back to goal and pass backwards counts.

Every cross that was over hit but the LB claims over at the far line could be included.

Every cross that is left hanging in the air for an age that the players have to contest with 3 defenders around them and they get a slight touch on it could be included.

Every perfect cross that is failed to be converted counts

Every cross that's drilled at the defenders legs but bounces to a united player could count.

Using stats that have no set parameters to call posters opinions about the quality of crosses that they have formed with their own eyes, nonsense, is imo showing a lack of awareness to the discussion that has been going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm ok with Valencia being discussed. Its a welcome change from Rooney and Fellaini. I've learned that it is always someone so why not Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'm ok with Valencia being discussed. Its a welcome change from Rooney and Fellaini. I've learned that it is always someone so why not Valencia.

The one thing with Valencia is that he has an amazing first touch it seems no matter what kind of ball is hit to him he controls it instantly...............Maybe he should show Rooney how to do it.:p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement