Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

astradave wrote: »
    You stated that there is so much nonsense posted about Vals crossing and then used crossing accuracy to back that up when the majority of people are complaining about the quality of the crosses..

We don't know the parameters of those figures so

Every cross that Val over hit that a united player got a slight touch on could be included..

Every cross that Val lashed across the box behind a player who had to control it with his back to goal and pass backwards counts.

Every cross that was over hit but the LB claims over at the far line could be included.

Every cross that is left hanging in the air for an age that the players have to contest with 3 defenders around them and they get a slight touch on it could be included.

Every perfect cross that is failed to be converted counts

Every cross that's drilled at the defenders legs but bounces to a united player could count.

Using stats that have no set parameters to call posters opinions about the quality of crosses that they have formed with their own eyes, nonsense, is imo showing a lack of awareness to the discussion that has been going on.

I'm sorry but that's loads of nonsense that was already posted by other poster. You just repeated the same thing. Like I said, no site gives you the break down of how many crosses hit the arse or head.

If I used stats from obscure site then yes, I had to go all the extra research. I'm using from official site, so not sure what leg your arguments have to stand on when Valencia completes most of his crosses compared to any Right back.

It's like if someone says player x scored so and so goals, you can ask how many were tap ins, how many did he score when he had just half a yard space, how many did he score when he had 2 men marking him, how many did he score when the ball was 5 feet in the air, it's all nonsense.

It's not on me to find those numbers, since you guys are so sure on how Valencia always over hits the crosses it's on you guys to provide the stats to support your argument instead of just posting randomly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that's loads of nonsense that was already posted by other poster. You just repeated the same thing. Like I said, no site gives you the break down of how many crosses hit the arse or head.

If I used stats from obscure site then yes, I had to go all the extra research. I'm using from official site, so not sure what leg your arguments have to stand on when Valencia completes most of his crosses compared to any Right back.

It's like if someone says player x scored so and so goals, you can ask how many were tap ins, how many did he score when he had just half a yard space, how many did he score when he had 2 men marking him, how many did he score when the ball was 5 feet in the air, it's all nonsense.

It's not on me to find those numbers, since you guys are so sure on how Valencia always over hits the crosses it's on you guys to provide the stats to support your argument instead of just posting randomly.

2 assists all year when most of the attack is going through him is one of the only stats you need then. even with our poor finishing he would still have more assists than that.

Rooney has 3 having featured much less. blind and lingard has 2 in much less game time.

• GSPfan wrote: »
    I'm ok with Valencia being discussed. Its a welcome change from Rooney and Fellaini. I've learned that it is always someone so why not Valencia.

Valencia will continue to be the hot topic for debate which is perfectly fine.
    Rooney debate eventually fizzled out because as soon as he was dropped for a sustained period nearly every poster realized the team are better off without him in the first 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

TheDoc wrote: »
    Fail to be impressed with how Bayern run their club. Alonso announces retirement and the club have arranged for him to sit on the board, Lahm announces he will retire and mentions he was already offered a coaching role with the team.

Why would you fail to be impressed with that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

sky88 wrote: »
    2 assists all year when most of the attack is going through him is one of the only stats you need then. even with our poor finishing he would still have more assists than that.

Rooney has 3 having featured much less. blind and lingard has 2 in much less game time.

While you are at it just say Pogba has just 3, which is 1 more than Valencia. Mkhitaryan has 1, Martial - 3, Zlatan - 3, Rashford - 1, Shaw - 0, Carrick -0, Darmian -0.

Also how many right backs have made more assists? IIRC maybe Clyne and Walker.

Most of the attack is going through Valencia? It's going though Pogba and Zlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

sky88 wrote: »

Rooney has 5 in the league, which given the importance of such a stat must make him a leading candidate for player of the year. Rashford has one so probably should be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Nevermind stats. If you can't see how important a player Valencia is then I give up. If Shaw had been playing like this all season people would be heaping praise on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

This is a slow ****ing week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Why would you fail to be impressed with that ?

I worded that incorrectly, I'm extremely impressed

I'm having a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just saw that VanDijk is out til April, will help our cup final cause, they have lost their two best defenders now.

• Advertisement

Ipresume thats me you are talking about and tbh I was genuinely curious as to how it was worked out as it might tell a little bit more of the story.

I THINK someone here said that ariel duels arent actually the winning of a header but with who the ball ends up with after, if this was the case with Crossing percentage then it would tell us nothing about the quality of the ball in at all tbh. Which was the point being made.

So you can pretend we are being pedantic but when you dont know what the stats you are using mean it doesnt say much for you arguement IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Should be building the team around Mkhitaryan, our best player when he gets the ball in the centre of the pitch and runs at the defence it causes chaos.

We've been missing a player like that for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nailz wrote: »
    This is a slow ****ing week...

Won't be too many without midweek football for the next month or two so make the most of the break.

Should be building the team around Mkhitaryan, our best player when he gets the ball in the centre of the pitch and runs at the defence it causes chaos.

He's like a cross between a young Ryan Giggs and an old Ryan Giggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

The Premier League site says here that they get their data from Opta. And Opta give their definition of a cross here:
    "Cross - a pass from a wide position into a specific area in front of the goal"
    - So overhit crosses that are collected on the other side of the pitch would not count, but crosses that reach a player but are less than perfect would count. Crosses rebounding to the crosser or bouncing off a teammate's arse would not count.

Regarding the claim that Valencia is getting loads of space because of Jose's tactics therefor he should be creating more from his crosses: Crossing from wide at the end of an attack, into a defence that has had time to sit deep and prepare for the cross is a very weak attacking tactic. Every time the ball goes wide to a fullback who is in space but with limited passing options near him, it should be seen as a failure of buildup play, not a success. It's the last resort of an attack that has run out of ideas and that is the problem Jose needs to fix - not getting some other fullback who can deliver a better cross from such a low value attacking situation.

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

So I did this for the rest of the season.

1 Chelsea GD-54 Pts-95
    2 Manchester CityGD-36 Pts-83
    3 Tottenham GD-41 Pts-80
    4 Arsenal GD-40 Pts-79
    5 Manchester United GD-34 Pts-79
    6 Liverpool GD-33 Pts-76

Have us missing out to Arsenal on goal difference, but had us drawing the games against the teams ahead of us in all cases as far as I remember, so we properly do need to win at least one of those big games to push someone below us. Should that go as I said and we even picked up the win against Chelsea then we're in 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pro. F wrote: »
    The Premier League site says here that they get their data from Opta. And Opta give their definition of a cross here:
    - So overhit crosses that are collected on the other side of the pitch would not count, but crosses that reach a player but are less than perfect would count. Crosses rebounding to the crosser or bouncing off a teammate's arse would not count.

Regarding the claim that Valencia is getting loads of space because of Jose's tactics therefor he should be creating more from his crosses: Crossing from wide at the end of an attack, into a defence that has had time to sit deep and prepare for the cross is a very weak attacking tactic. Every time the ball goes wide to a fullback who is in space but with limited passing options near him, it should be seen as a failure of buildup play, not a success. It's the last resort of an attack that has run out of ideas and that is the problem Jose needs to fix - not getting some other fullback who can deliver a better cross from such a low value attacking situation.

Excellent post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Another player who has long anonymous periods in games.

I think he was very underwhelming in our little dip last month but flew under the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

beno619 wrote: »

I think he was very underwhelming in our little dip last month but flew under the radar.

Would like to see him played with Pogba and Herrera in a middle 3. Think he would benefit much more attacking at pace from deeper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

beno619 wrote: »

When he went to the #10 position last weekend, I think that's the first game that he really showed what he can do in the team, that was the kind of play that enamoured me with him last season at Dortmund.

I'd be confident that if he can build on that, get more goals, then we will finish top 4.

Jayop wrote: »
    http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

So I did this for the rest of the season.

1 Chelsea GD-54 Pts-95
    2 Manchester CityGD-36 Pts-83
    3 Tottenham GD-41 Pts-80
    4 Arsenal GD-40 Pts-79
    5 Manchester United GD-34 Pts-79
    6 Liverpool GD-33 Pts-76

Have us missing out to Arsenal on goal difference, but had us drawing the games against the teams ahead of us in all cases as far as I remember, so we properly do need to win at least one of those big games to push someone below us. Should that go as I said and we even picked up the win against Chelsea then we're in 3rd.

There are 42 points left to play for at this stage, so the maximum we can finish on is 87. Going on your calculations above, we'd drop 8 points between now and the end of the season to finish on 79.

I could believe that, 2 losses and 1 draw, or 4 draws would see those 8 points dropped. Even at that, we would still pick up 10 or so wins between now and the end of the season. That wouldn't be the worst run-in in itself were it to happen, especially with some of the fixtures we've yet still to play.

Overall though, it probably wouldn't be good enough to make up for all of the draws and points dropped in the first half of the season. I think that 80 points is what it'll take to finish 4th or above this season, and to achieve that there is fúck-all room for error in the remaining games. Drop more than 7 points, I think we'd be very lucky to get Top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That's basically asking us to win all our games against the teams outside the CL places and draw with the current top 4.

We'd be more likely to win the Europa league than get all those wins and go unbeaten until the end of the season imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

S.M.B. wrote: »
    That's basically asking us to win all our games against the teams outside the CL places and draw with the current top 4.

We'd be more likely to win the Europa league than get all those wins and go unbeaten until the end of the season imo.

Agreed, given what we've seen from the team so far this season I wouldn't be confident at all of the team suddenly picking up the sort of points needed. Nothing to say Arsenal, Liverpool or even City are going to be ruthlessly putting teams away either, but the EL seems the safer bet. Plus its a trophy. You get nothing for finishing 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just keep winning and rest will take care of itself. This is important period and I feel we used up our lives in drawing easy home games like Burnley, Hull etc and have be clinical till end of season.

Top 4 is 50/50 for me now. Liverpool can play game a week hence why I would have still liked them in cup. Arsenal I think we will overtake. I think they will crumble from here. Real pressure on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The problem with that is that he is still taking the crosses when there is nobody in position to score. He could recycle possession or at the very least get his head up and hit them towards the players in the box. Nani used to be able to pick out Rooney, Hernandez and other smaller strikers with regularity from similar positions against dogged defenses so it's not impossible, especially with Zlatan in there.

There have been times where Pogba, Mata, Herrera and others have been at the edge of the box and instead he goes for a silly no hoper cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Depay's first goal for Lyon...

http://streamable.com/nsetp

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    Depay's first goal for Lyon...

http://streamable.com/nsetp

Great finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is the Europa League winnable spurs very likely won't finish outside the top four so they are in with a major shout of champions league next season, we however are not unless the Europa is won, missing out again would cost a huge amount from adidas, TV revenue and the spectre of Thursday night football again for another year assuming either the EFL or FA cups are won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is the Europa League winnable spurs very likely won't finish outside the top four so they are in with a major shout of champions league next season, we however are not unless the Europa is won, missing out again would cost a huge amount from adidas, TV revenue and the spectre of Thursday night football again for another year assuming either the EFL or FA cups are won.

With a lucky draw and a couple of the bigger sides getting knocked out, we'd have a decent chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Its a lot to bank on we need some serious upsets in the league to get in the top four but the Europa is one match at a time with five teams left to beat including St Etienne before we lift it. Easier said than done.

• Advertisement

9 matches left in the Europa, thankfully we wouldn't need to win them all to progress to the final, just the ties overall.

To get two birds stoned at once, I watched that St. Etienne v Lyon match. Since there's apparently a buy-back clause for United in Memphis' contract with Lyon, I wanted to see if Memphis was 2/10 bad as reported (he wasn't, at all) and also to see what St. Etienne are like.

Hard to tell from one game of course, but they're a team we should be beating at home. Given their position in the French league and the fact that their manager has ranked the Europa games as the least important of St. Etienne's month, I'd be hoping for United to win and get at least a 2-0 in the first leg at OT. Then rest our most important players for the away leg, hoping that at worst a draw or a 1-0 loss would still see us progress.

Sand wrote: »
    Agreed, given what we've seen from the team so far this season I wouldn't be confident at all of the team suddenly picking up the sort of points needed. Nothing to say Arsenal, Liverpool or even City are going to be ruthlessly putting teams away either, but the EL seems the safer bet. Plus its a trophy. You get nothing for finishing 4th.

We've got 24 points from the last 30 available.

Decent few words from Herrera here, even with Simon Stone interrupting "yeah but you're 6th"...

Do that with Jose in the press conference on Friday, please Simon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

stankratz wrote: »
    Decent few words from Herrera here, even with Simon Stone interrupting "yeah but you're 6th"...

I love that at the end, we will talk at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Dealt with that well. Love ander

Ander always speaks well for the club and does it in a language which isn't his primary one. Even when handling the impulsive trolling from Stone there. Future captain material IMO.

Also, he's not lying, he did look a player early on for us who could hit a good shot and score goals from outside the box. It's just a shame that this season his shots are something that low flying aircraft have to be warned about. Hope he gets a handle on that soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Liam O wrote: »
    The problem with that is that he is still taking the crosses when there is nobody in position to score. He could recycle possession or at the very least get his head up and hit them towards the players in the box. Nani used to be able to pick out Rooney, Hernandez and other smaller strikers with regularity from similar positions against dogged defenses so it's not impossible, especially with Zlatan in there.

Nani was a much better crosser than Valencia is, I wouldn't dispute that. But it's just not true to say Nani was picking the strikers out from similar positions to Val. Fergie's attack was much better set up, so that most of the time crosses were delivered from closer and/or after the defence was disrupted , not as a last resort when the defences had settled into their best shape.

Valencia does have the advantage of a big, strong CF and a similar midfielder or two to pick out. But even with that, relying on that type of attacking strategy is a recipe for mediocrity.
    Liam O wrote: »
    There have been times where Pogba, Mata, Herrera and others have been at the edge of the box and instead he goes for a silly no hoper cross.

I'm sure there have, but that's not the issue. There have also been many times where he has recycled the ball and many times when he's used the close support to effectively progress the attack. And there have been far too many times where he has been given the ball in loads of space out wide, when the attack has lost any useful structure and the only option left is for him to hit a hopeful cross. That's the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Ander always speaks well for the club and does it in a language which isn't his primary one. Even when handling the impulsive trolling from Stone there. Future captain material IMO.

Also, he's not lying, he did look a player early on for us who could hit a good shot and score goals from outside the box. It's just a shame that this season his shots are something that low flying aircraft have to be warned about. Hope he gets a handle on that soon.

Great response. "But you're 6th"

"Still yes, but wait, it's not finished"

Christ they would do anything to get clicks and sell rags

We've got 24 points from the last 30 available.

Yep, and that's good. 2.4 ppg. But only 2 of those games were against top 6 opposition and most were against bottom half teams.

The run is going to involve 14 games including Arsenal (A), Spurs (A), Chelsea (H), City (A), Everton (H). Of that, in the PL this season United have only beaten Spurs and have been well beaten by Chelsea and to a lesser extent City so United could do well to pick up 7 points from 15. If 75 points is the target to be confident of CL then United needs to pick up 23 from 27 in the remaining fixtures which include away trips to sides in relegation battles. That's not routine. And we are just an injury to Zlatan away from having no player with anything close to double figures in the league.

I'm not saying its impossible. Maybe Liverpool and Arsenal go into full meltdown and both pick up 20 points or less from the next 42 and 68-69 points is all that's necessary to get top 4. But it relies on the team getting results with a consistency they haven't managed in easier games. Whereas winning the EL doesn't require the same consistency - we just need to win the tie, not every match. Its a little more forgiving.

At the end of the day, I think United have the squad to compete for the EL and the also get top 4. Its not either/or. Martial and Shaw cant get on the bench for games recently so there are options.

Valencia does have the advantage of a big, strong CF and a similar midfielder or two to pick out. But even with that, relying on that type of attacking strategy is a recipe for mediocrity.

Looking at the PL player stats Valencia has a monstrous number of crosses for a defender. Vastly more than any other player at the club and more than any other defender in the PL. The next 4 defenders behind him in number of crosses play for Watford, Southampton, Hull and Leicester. All teams struggling for goals just like United. Maybe not causation, but certainly there is a correlation with having your fullbacks making so many crosses.

• Advertisement

Sand wrote: »
    Yep, and that's good. 2.4 ppg. But only 2 of those games were against top 6 opposition and most were against bottom half teams.

The run is going to involve 14 games including Arsenal (A), Spurs (A), Chelsea (H), City (A), Everton (H). Of that, in the PL this season United have only beaten Spurs and have been well beaten by Chelsea and to a lesser extent City so United could do well to pick up 7 points from 15. If 75 points is the target to be confident of CL then United needs to pick up 23 from 27 in the remaining fixtures which include away trips to sides in relegation battles. That's not routine. And we are just an injury to Zlatan away from having no player with anything close to double figures in the league.

I'm not saying its impossible. Maybe Liverpool and Arsenal go into full meltdown and both pick up 20 points or less from the next 42 and 68-69 points is all that's necessary to get top 4. But it relies on the team getting results with a consistency they haven't managed in easier games. Whereas winning the EL doesn't require the same consistency - we just need to win the tie, not every match. Its a little more forgiving.

At the end of the day, I think United have the squad to compete for the EL and the also get top 4. Its not either/or. Martial and Shaw cant get on the bench for games recently so there are options.

Should have gotten something from the city game. We were awful first half but better second and a pussy ref cost us. Arsenal were blessed against us. The day I worry about spurs and Everton is the day I give up. Chelsea should have the league wrapped up when we play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Phil Jones gave an interview with MEN, says Jose believes in him and he thought he was done at the club under LVG who was telling him he needs to be fitter all the time. It'll be interesting to see a few of the crazy stories to come in the next few years about LVG. Some crackers from Bayern.
    Phil Jones wrote:
    “The only three (managers to believe in me) were Sam Allardyce, Sir Alex Ferguson and now Jose Mourinho,” he told the Manchester Evening News.

“Jose, this season has just given me so much confidence in training. You make a mistake and it is just a case of ‘so what, get on with it’.

“For whatever reason he (Van Gaal) thought I needed to be fitter. I had no problem with that, I just played the games. I did what I could do to get back in the team and unfortunately it didn’t really work out under him.

“No question there were thoughts about my future. It was in the back of my mind. If you are not playing games that speaks volumes.”

On a lighter note this is my favourite LVG story and possibly my favourite ever in football
    Luca Toni wrote:
    "The coach wanted to make clear to us that he can drop any player, it was all the same to him because, as he said, he had the balls," said Toni.

"He demonstrated this literally (by dropping his trousers). I have never experienced anything like it, it was totally crazy. Luckily I didn't see a lot, because I wasn't in the front row."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Theo Griezmann getting annoyed with his own creation now. Has been deleted since but...

https://i.imgur.com/rpPV66v.png

Stop forcing it with United, super annoying that each time I tweet, I see "Antoine go to united?". Stop, it's enough.

No one to blame but himself if its annoying him; he's been baiting United fans for years with his tweets...

======

Also stolen from Reddit.

Since Manchester United lost 0-4 to Chelsea on October 23 rd 2016, only Chelsea themselves (40) have won more Premier League points than the Red Devils (31).

Should have gotten something from the city game. We were awful first half but better second and a pussy ref cost us. Arsenal were blessed against us. The day I worry about spurs and Everton is the day I give up. Chelsea should have the league wrapped up when we play them.
    That's one way of looking at it. Here's another.

City annihilated us in that first half and we were extremely lucky to be still in contention after half an hour. Somehow we had a chance to get something for the game.

We were unfortunate to concede a late goal to arsenal but that's what can happen if you can't score more than a single goal in games against your big rivals.

Chelsea destroyed us when all our rivals put in much a better performance in their respective clashes.

Tottenham should have scored at against us and the game could have gone either way.

Everton thoroughly deserved their point against us and you could argue they were the better team.

We couldn't beat Liverpool in two attempts and wouldn't have deserved a win in either of those two games

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Its a lot to bank on we need some serious upsets in the league to get in the top four but the Europa is one match at a time with five teams left to beat including St Etienne before we lift it. Easier said than done.

Bit of an exaggeration, we are 2 off Arsenal and 1 off Liverpool. It's actually in our own hands to make top 4.

2 points off Arsenal, but we still have to play them, so in our hands to pass them out.
    And with Spurs playing liverpool this weekend, if we beat Watford, we will either be ahead of liverpool or within 2 points of Spurs, again putting it in our hands since we have to play them again.

It's still a tough task, requires we have a strong finish to the year, but saying we need serious upsets is a bit much.
    I do agree though it's great to have the Europa League option as back up. Over 2 legs I'd fancy us against anyone in the competition. Then it would just come down to how we do on the night if we got there.
    And with the final in Sweden I'd fancy Zlatan to rise to the occasion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

@SMB - That's harsh.

We beat Spurs fair and square. Deserved to win against Arsenal & a silly mistake cost us against Everton & Liverpool. If it wasn't for a 30 second goal throwing our game plan out the window against the best counter-attacking team in the league in Chelsea then that scoreline would have been anything - could have at least gotten something out of the game.

City were great against us hands up, yet we still should've drawn. We also didn't know our best team then.

If's and buts, but I can't see our luck being as lousy in the remaining fixtures as it has been.

@SMB - That's harsh.

We beat Spurs fair and square. Deserved to win against Arsenal & a silly mistake cost us against Everton & Liverpool. If it wasn't for a 30 second goal throwing our game plan out the window against the best counter-attacking team in the league in Chelsea then that scoreline would have been anything - could have at least gotten something out of the game.

City were great against us hands up, yet we still should've drawn. We also didn't know our best team then.

If's and buts, but I can't see our luck being as lousy in the remaining fixtures as it has been.
    It may be harsh but I do think you can look at it in a glass half empty or half full way.

We did beat spurs fair and square by scoring a decent goal and then sitting back on our lead. Had Wanyama scored that sitter I do think we'd have struggled to go on and win that game.

And in the Everton game we may have been unlucky with how late in the game we conceded the equaliser but Everton had created a **** load of chances in the second half and were arguably the better team. We were actually hanging on towards the end of that game.

I just think that looking at a result in isolation of a performance is a bad way of predicting future performances and results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

aaaand... I'M BACK!!!!

Had to be disciplined by the folk in power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Watford is the type of game we have dropped stupid points at in the season.

These types of games are really must win games with the tough away games we have left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thanks to Brexit the clubs debt is up by £87 million since the start of the year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement