Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Blind will be glad to see the back of Niang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I find it frustrating that in a game like this, Jose leaves on Ibra and takes off Tony.

I'd love to see Rashers and Tony up front together.

Letting him get a standing ovation is a good thing imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I find it frustrating that in a game like this, Jose leaves on Ibra and takes off Tony.

I'd love to see Rashers and Tony up front together.

Keep em fresh i suppose, he had been tiring and Ibra doesn't do much running in his role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That's one game Zlatan will want to forget quickly. Very poor all game.

Defensively we were solid, so glad Bailly is back he is a special player. Smalling was solid too.

Tony V had a great game I felt. Blind did his bit, but anyone with pace facing him is a worry.

Midfield was fantastic. Herrera was my MOTM, countless number of tackles and ball retention.

Pogba moved the ball well, and but for Zlatan's poor touch and shooting he could have had a few assists.

Mata + Micky click very well together, similar style of player with the neat passing and movement. And Tony M grabbing a goal and looking more like his form from last season can only be a massive positive.

Up to 5th now, we gotta keep this run going. Winnable games coming thick and fast. #GGMU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

We are still a bit sh*te when it comes to end product. Should have had at least 5 today. Not going to get that many opportunities every game.

27 points from the last 33 on offer. That's championship form most seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

ElChe32 wrote: »

Defensively we were solid, so glad Bailly is back he is a special player. Smalling was solid too.

Tony V had a great game I felt. Shaw did his bit, but anyone with pace facing him is a worry.

Midfield was fantastic. Herrera was my MOTM, countless number of tackles and ball retention.

Pogba moved the ball well, and but for Zlatan's poor touch and shooting he could have had a few assists.

Mata + Micky click very well together, similar style of player with the neat passing and movement. And Tony M grabbing a goal and looking more like his form from last season can only be a massive positive.

Up to 5th now, we gotta keep this run going. Winnable games coming thick and fast. #GGMU

He was anonymous

Best game I've seen from Herrera in that role. He was motm for me too.

• Advertisement

• ElChe32 wrote: »

Tony V had a great game I felt. Shaw did his bit, but anyone with pace facing him is a worry.

I don't agree
    He missed chances but his general link up play between mata, martial & Miki was excellent
    He was still involved in nearly all of our attacks and he got an assist

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jayop wrote: »
    27 points from the last 33 on offer. That's championship form most seasons.

Since we lost to Chelsea, only Chelsea have gotten more points than us. Its frustrating how we drew so, so many games we shouldn't have.

But still...some great football today. If we bring in Griezmann into that team and that style of football, he's going to clean up massively....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Hard not to be delighted with that.

Good run from here in to get top 4, bit of clever business in the summer and we can reassemble next August with a real run at it on our minds.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Since we lost to Chelsea, only Chelsea have gotten more points than us. Its frustrating how we drew so, so many games we shouldn't have.

But still...some great football today. If we bring in Griezmann into that team and that style of football, he's going to clean up massively....

Imagine someone like RvP or Ruud in this team. Even a younger Zlatan. Would have an absolute truck load of goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its great to be able to win two nil and still not be 100% happy.

Very important win for us.

Really nice to be able to sit and watch the evening game knowing we have gained on at least one of our top 4 rivals.

Oh, and not sixth (for a couple of hours at least)

Imagine someone like RvP or Ruud in this team. Even a younger Zlatan. Would have an absolute truck load of goals.

Which is why no matter where we end up this season, I'm still 110% behind Jose. We always said last year that we could forgive LVG if he even tried to play nicer football. Jose has us playing gorgeous stuff. We just need to be more clinical in front of net.

• Advertisement

Only 2 off second or did I see the table wrong there?

I love this club!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Which is why no matter where we end up this season, I'm still 110% behind Jose. We always said last year that we could forgive LVG if he even tried to play nicer football. Jose has us playing gorgeous stuff. We just need to be more clinical in front of net.

Exactly. But maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but weren't we really clinical at the start of the year? Very few chances but all converted then we went to making loads of chances and missing them.

• Jayop wrote: »
    Best game I've seen from Herrera in that role. He was motm for me too.

Encouraging from both him and Pogba in a central role
    I thought both were great
    Not to toot the auld horn but I had posted this a couple of weeks ago

Hayley is so good looking she makes Quinn being there bearable.

• Advertisement

Exactly. But maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but weren't we really clinical at the start of the year? Very few chances but all converted then we went to making loads of chances and missing them.

Honestly can't remember.

Weirdly, it feels like Jose has been here longer than a few months :o

Not to reignite the Valencia debate but today not a whole lot went through him and we were much much better up front in terms of creation.

To give him credit where its due, what he did today was done pretty well but we are a much better attacking team when we utilise the speed and quick feet of our attackers rather than constantly passing it out to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

It makes your Rooney infatuation all the more bizarre.

No infatuation on my part. In fact you're most obsessed with him than I am.
    Anything to do with who he's keeping out? He's got 20 goals this season, we knew what we were getting when we bought him, frustrating at times but will deliver goals and that's exactly what we've got.

Nothing to do with who he's keeping out.
    bangkok wrote: »
    and yet already has 20 goals

What's your point? That's pretty much the least I'd expect from a Manchester United striker who has played almost every minute of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Niall Quinn is very bullish about United, he thinks they have the as good a chance as any to finish 2nd and will get CL football.

Rooney is going to be a cup player for us, like FA Cup, Europa League 2nd leg, I think he comes on as a sub for the EL cup final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Not to reignite the Valencia debate but today not a whole lot went through him and we were much much better up front in terms of creation.

To give him credit where its due, what he did today was done pretty well but we are a much better attacking team when we utilise the speed and quick feet of our attackers rather than constantly passing it out to him.

Infairness he had two excellent crosses in the first half at least one of them should of Been put away.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Infairness he had two excellent crosses in the first half at least one of them should of Been put away.

Absolutely which is why I said credit where its due, we just looked so much better when we didn't rely on him for creation.

3. One to Ibrahimovic that he volleyed over, another to Pogba that was well saved and another to Ibrahimovic that was well blocked.

Valencia is a huge asset in attack when he's not our go-to ball everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

My player performance ratings:

De Gea 6
    Blind 5
    Smalling 6
    Bailly 7
    Valencia 7
    Herrera 7
    Pogba 7
    Mkhitaryan 7
    Mata 8
    Martial 8 ⋆
    Ibrahimovic 5

Zlatan's positonal play and distribution let him down today, he should have had at least one goal. Hard to knock him though we still won. Martial was MOTM IMO. Loved our line-up today.

5th was fun.

• Advertisement

We are currently going for 2nd place, so I don't mind if we finish today still in 6th, the gap is closing if Spurs lose which at the moment is likely but one never knows.

5th was but a fleeting feeling. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Spurs picked a very annoying time to have a stinker. Can't see them coming back to win with how good Liverpool will be on the counter.

The last thing we need is Liverpool getting their confidence back and having a strong finish to the season. They have nothing left to play for except the league.

Can see Liverpool winning this 3-1 or better.

Still though, as long as we keep up the wins and performances we should be able to claw our way into the top 4.

If Liverpool win and who knows what happens with City on Monday, we could possible finish the weekend 2 points off 2nd, at worse at this moment 4 points, if Spurs fails to rescue a win.
    Liverpool good against the top teams but will then lose/draw to a non top 6 side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Dont write Spurs off. Worse case scenario Liverpool win and we are back to 6th but 2 points off 2nd or 3rd by Monday night.

After this, 2 points will separate 2nd-6th. Suppose that's the good news.

Bad news is we don't play in the league again until March 4th so we're going to be playing catch-up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The team shouldn't worry too much about playing catch up. It's in our hands so if we focus on our results we don't need to worry about anyone else.

Having the games in hand might be a positive by taking a bit of pressure off them especially if teams drop a few points between now and the Everton game.

I honestly hadn't realized that a Spurs loss put us 2 from second. Thats awesome.

Forgot about City so 2 points won't separate 2nd-6th assuming they beat Bournemouth.

• Advertisement

Not even bothered about the result in the late game, its actually win win if you think about it. Today was a good day either way :D

Liverpool are away to Leicester next and then home to Arsenal. We are at home to Bournemouth. Its perfectly reasonable to believe we will be ahead of one of them soon.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Forgot about City so 2 points won't separate 2nd-6th assuming they beat Bournemouth.

Bournemouth could get a result against them. You just never know.

Gonna be an unreal run in for us it be top six teams left right and center hopefully we keep winning it will be am exciting end of season.

Gonna be an unreal run in for us it be top six teams left right and center hopefully we keep winning it will be am exciting end of season.

I would be fearful Chelsea would beat us at home and Spurs could do us at White Hart Lane but the others I would be hopeful we can beat them. Arsenal away and City away don't put much fear in me.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I would be fearful Chelsea would beat us at home and Spurs could do us at White Hart Lane but the others I would be hopeful we can beat them. Arsenal away and City away don't put much fear in me.

Chelsea might have nothing to play for by then but these games can go eitherway they all big games some teams bottle under pressure we look really strong defensively so it all comes down to taking chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Chelsea might have nothing to play for by then but these games can go eitherway they all big games some teams bottle under pressure we look really strong defensively so it all comes down to taking chances.

We're fcuked so :pac:

You've almost got to believe the race for the top 4 is going to be between 5 teams looking for 3 spots and its going to go to the last day of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Did you enjoy the tea time trip to 5th? ;)

Ahh look first one in this year ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Did you enjoy the tea time trip to 5th? ;)

LOL you won't be near top 4 by end of the season ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement