Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

bangkok wrote: »
    Bit of a childish "interview" there from jose

It was an intelligent interview, he said more with the little he did say, compared to what he could have said which would only have caused himself trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Jesus the United fans singing the 'Something tells me I'm into something good' chant started to go through my head after the hundred time haha. Never stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Bit concerned after that. Thankfully we've a couple of 'straightforward ' home games before we go to Leicester. Will the city game still be on the 26th Feb?

I'm guessing they'll play that on the Wednesday,after the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'd be concerned if it continues against Wigan and Hull yes the last 3 games weren't great results but we played well against pool we hammered Stoke but didn't get a finish and we were out of sorts sitting on a 2 goal advantage.

We were crap against Stoke, one of the most frustrating games I have seen in a long time.

One of the lads I know booked flights for the final when the draw was made... He's a Liverpool fan :pac:
    offer him a euro for them but he has to pay the transfer fee

Let the guy ask him a few questions about the game etc, just ignore questions about ref

what could he possibly say that would be accurate we played **** if he said this the media would jump on him for slating the players, ref was **** and he got his point across on that nothing to add after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

We were crap against Stoke, one of the most frustrating games I have seen in a long time.

We were crap at finishing we did pretty much all else we could against a team sitting back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

We were crap at finishing we did pretty much all else we could against a team sitting back.

No, I have to disagree.

We know what it looks like when we play well but simply don't take our chances, gods know we've had enough examples of that this season! But Stoke was different, yes we still didn't take the chances but more than that we just didn't play well, we were disjointed and too many players didn't perform at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

What's the Dustin thing about? Haven't been around much lately.

Have a look at the end of the Liverpool Southampton match topic. One post in particular

• Advertisement

The last 3 games, the performances have been dropping since the Liverpool one. From being good against them, to decent against Stoke, to complete shíte against Hull.

It's a little concerning, and despite having a place in the final it is disappointing to have lost the match and the unbeaten streak. Especially in such a manner where the players didn't seem to really care.

• stankratz wrote: »
    The last 3 games, the performances have been dropping since the Liverpool one. From being good against them, to decent against Stoke, to complete shíte against Hull.

It's a little concerning, and despite having a place in the final it is disappointing to have lost the match and the unbeaten streak. Especially in such a manner where the players didn't seem to really care.

I agree with the form dip however..
    I'd argue against the above in bold.
    Players looked bitterly disappointed with the result.
    Surely that's a sign of them caring.
    Hull had to have a go, and to their credit put in a great performance. That doesn't excuse some poor individual performances but still, it was always going to be a tough away game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Went to the pub after work with a mate and watched the first half "kind of". Forgot my glasses (n3rd) so bless her she was doing running commentary for me. On the penalty I figured it was John Moss being absolutely abject and unfit for his role as usual. Was it genuinely a penalty?

I was calling it nonsense and my mate was being a real trooper shouting all the cliches at the ref, on the telly :D

TheDoc wrote: »
    Went to the pub after work with a mate and watched the first half "kind of". Forgot my glasses (n3rd) so bless her she was doing running commentary for me. On the penalty I figured it was John Moss being absolutely abject and unfit for his role as usual. Was it genuinely a penalty?

I was calling it nonsense and my mate was being a real trooper shouting all the cliches at the ref, on the telly :D

Look at you showing off because you have a female friend :D

It was a peno but the prob was that it was only a light pull on his shirt and as someone else said they are only given 5% of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Jesus the United fans singing the 'Something tells me I'm into something good' chant started to go through my head after the hundred time haha. Never stopped.

was at a FC United of Manchester game 4/5 years ago (same weekend as United won against Liverpool 2-1 in OT) and they sung it none stop

"Woke up this mornin, feelin fine, I've got football on my mind...."

Think Man Utd fans have a different version :)

Look at you showing off because you have a female friend :D

It was a peno but the prob was that it was only a light pull on his shirt and as someone else said they are only given 5% of the time.

I'm so cosmopolitan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That is repetitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

That is repetitive

I hated that chant more then I hated watching the game

85 min of "Something tells me I'm into something good"

5min of "Wembley, Wembley" was a nice distraction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sometimes I'm delighted I'm deaf.

Sometimes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Martial and romero to start against wigan. Periera on the bench. good to see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

but a disjointed performance will see people up in arms about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

but a disjointed performance will see people up in arms about it.
    hqdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

are you living in the same neck of the woods as MarsBar or CookieDough that they'd do something so nice for you..

Those two girls are just too kind to us all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    I hated that chant more then I hated watching the game

85 min of "Something tells me I'm into something good"

5min of "Wembley, Wembley" was a nice distraction
    You forgot the 5mins of "Are you watching Merseyside"

brinty wrote: »
    are you living in the same neck of the woods as MarsBar or CookieDough that they'd do something so nice for you..

unnamed-71.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

The defence looked a bit of a shambles at times again last night.

Jones and Rojo were doing ok as a partnership before, maybe putting Smalling back in has confused things.

Hull did a good job of exploiting the uncertainty anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

Yeah, panic stations at the back sometimes last night. Can't understand the reasoning for moving Rojo to LB, where he's never looked comfortable to me, and breaking up a half-decent CB back partnership with Jones. Smalling treats the ball like a hot potato. Would have preferred to see Shaw at LB last night, continue with Rojo and Jones at CB. Smalling can go to Arsenal for all I care, he's not a player I want to see at United anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Totally agree Korat, makes no sense to split Jones/Rojo and put Rojo on the wing. Smalling offers nothing special.

• Korat wrote: »
    The defence looked a bit of a shambles at times again last night.

Jones and Rojo were doing ok as a partnership before, maybe putting Smalling back in has confused things.

Hull did a good job of exploiting the uncertainty anyway.

Rojo wasnt CB I thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

After bouncing around our sofa singing it for ages last night my young fella came downstairs singing it this morning. Said he was going to teach it to his friends during break time today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lads Id be looking at that midfield before blaming one of the CBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Bailly will be backshortly so that will hopefully improve the defense. Need Shaw to get fit/convince Jose to play him asap.
    Midfield was terrible last night which put a lot of unneeded pressure on the back 4.

No disrespect to the ladies, but this friend in question is an absolute gift. I am pretty convinced she was factory built to spec for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

No disrespect to the ladies, but this friend in question is an absolute gift. I am pretty convinced she was factory built to spec for me :D

When is she getting on the forum to discuss matches with us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Another thing that stuck out for me last night was when Zlatan was running at Hull in the 1st half, four players closing him down, no support, no hope of outrunning the defence at his age but still managed to get a shot away and force the keeper into a good save. Contrast that with the last minute of the game another Utd player running at Hull in a similar situation, maybe even slightly more favourable, and he thumps the ball straight at the only defender near him.

Wish we'd signed him 4 years ago.

• Korat wrote: »
    Another thing that stuck out for me last night was when Zlatan was running at Hull in the 1st half, four players closing him down, no support, no hope of outrunning the defence at his age but still managed to get a shot away and force the keeper into a good save. Contrast that with the last minute of the game another Utd player running at Hull in a similar situation, maybe even slightly more favourable, and he thumps the ball straight at the only defender near him.

Wish we'd signed him 4 years ago.

He had a really good game and he was feeding off scraps.
    A phenomenal athlete. I still can't get over his fitness levels. Age is just a number

adox wrote: »
    Lads Id be looking at that midfield before blaming one of the CBs.

While I agree that the midfield were very poor. I thought Smallings use of the ball was relegation material. I cannot remember a situation were he received the ball and recycled it decently. All I can remember is him panicking and hoofing it forward straight back to Hull..

I also thought DeGea was very poor in a distribution sense, which I actually think was the pitch more than himself.

“I will play Romero (against Wigan), I will put Joel on the bench and apart from that I go with a good team because we want to try to beat them. Anthony will play on Sunday and if he plays magnificently, he will play against Hull in the next match – it’s simple.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-transfer-news-live-12514493

No pressure Anto :D

astradave wrote: »
    While I agree that the midfield were very poor. I thought Smallings use of the ball was relegation material. I cannot remember a situation were he received the ball and recycled it decently. All I can remember is him panicking and hoofing it forward straight back to Hull..

I also thought DeGea was very poor in a distribution sense, which I actually think was the pitch more than himself.

Anytime Smalling and Jones are paired together at the back I always feel uneasy about watching them,

Jones and Rojo had a good run going,would like to see them back at CB together on Sunday and continue there until Bailly comes back

• Advertisement

When is she getting on the forum to discuss matches with us

Get the boat, I found her first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Think Smalling will be out the door in the summer.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I agree with the form dip however..
    I'd argue against the above in bold.
    Players looked bitterly disappointed with the result.
    Surely that's a sign of them caring.
    Hull had to have a go, and to their credit put in a great performance. That doesn't excuse some poor individual performances but still, it was always going to be a tough away game.

Fair enough Mick. They did look disappointed after the final whistle, not like "doesn't matter...we're in the final". Still, I thought before the final whistle blew the performance and effort was lacking. Not because Hull were playing well or because United had to play on a poor surface, I just didn't get that sense of fight which I've been getting from the games building up to it, and because of that I thought the players didn't care as much.

Whether they did care as much or not I'm not too worried in this one instance where the team still advanced to the final. I'm more concerned about the dip in form since the Liverpool game and am wondering if last night was it bottoming out, or is there worse to come in the next few games.

Anyway, going into these 3 recent games against Hull, I was thinking "Law of averages isn't going to let us win all 3 games", and it didn't so therefore everyone lump on for next Wednesday's game :pac:

Lads I think TheDoc is smitten or else he is just bragging :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Get the boat, I found her first

I'm no dr phil (though he possibly posts here :D) but you should test the waters and ask her out!! Plus keep us updated....
    Lads I think TheDoc is smitten or else he is just bragging :):)

I agree here Jayo :)

On a Utd related note, the Hull game was painful. Hopefully the performances can pick up and we can get going again. It's good that De Gea is getting a rest for the weekend. I also think Zlatan should get to rest too.

Also did anyone else notice Ander grabbing the fan, that jumped onto the pitch during the goal celebration, by the scruff of the neck and throwing him out of the way :D

I seriously hope TheDoc's missus doesn't read boards:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Just realised now, where the bloody heck is Daley Blind??? Is he injured or just fallen out of favour from Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just realised now, where the bloody heck is Daley Blind??? Is he injured or just fallen out of favour from Jose

He played against stoke didnt he??

Yeah he defo played left back against Stoke. Darmian was dropped.

I reckon a lot of the squad regulars that where missing will play against wigan.. Martial, blind (maybe as dm) Shaw hopefully. Then Bailly back as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah he defo played left back against Stoke. Darmian was dropped.

I reckon a lot of the squad regulars that where missing will play against wigan.. Martial, blind (maybe as dm) Shaw hopefully. Then Bailly back as well..

i wish but jose sees him as a defender thats all

If anyone is interested here is Warren joyces press conference before our game it's about 20 minutes long but I think it's very intresting he is a really good man at talking and has some interesting views. Funny to see how different press conference are outside the premier league a lot more honesty and intresting opinions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement