Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jacool wrote: »
    My wallet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic think he should have been involved in more!
    Also, technically this isn't correct as Cesc Fabregas has scored 45 goals and had over 100 assists "since coming to England".
    Your stat should say that Mata has ....... since he came to England!
    Then its factually correct.
    Stats are selective - Hazard for example is only about 5 or 6 behind, but hasn't been in England for as long.

I just know that when Ibra passes to him, he usually spanners it over the bar !
    He has turned 3 points into 1 this season more than once.
    Statistically based rant over! - you can probably counteract with how many games he has won for them.
    I will admit he's a handy player:)

That's the way I read it anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That's the way I read it anyway...

Only a pendant would think otherwise.

Anyway, some trivia.

This was on red Wednesday podcast.

6 English players who played for United in the premier league era have over 100 pl goals.

Who are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Jayop wrote: »

Anyway, some trivia.

6 English players who played for United in the premier league era have over 100 pl goals.

Who are they?

Rooney, Cole, Owen, Sheringhan and Scholes anyway.

Can't think of a sixth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,362 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyway, some trivia.

Who are they?

Andy Cole
    Teddy Sheringham
    Wayne Rooney
    Michael Owen
    Paul Scholes
    Dion Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Dion Dublin?

lol, yep. Dublin caught me out. for some retarded reason I had Hughes but of course he's Welsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

jacool wrote: »
    My wallet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic think he should have been involved in more!
    Also, technically this isn't correct as Cesc Fabregas has scored 45 goals and had over 100 assists "since coming to England".
    Your stat should say that Mata has ....... since he came to England!
    Then its factually correct.
    Stats are selective - Hazard for example is only about 5 or 6 behind, but hasn't been in England for as long.

I just know that when Ibra passes to him, he usually spanners it over the bar !
    He has turned 3 points into 1 this season more than once.
    Statistically based rant over! - you can probably counteract with how many games he has won for them.
    I will admit he's a handy player:)

Janotcool ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

While Martial's next goal will cost €10 million for United, being Martial's 25th goal, the proof that Martial is better this year than last:

https://twitter.com/unitedstats99/status/830735015621324800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What did ya'll think of Teddy? I was disgusted Fergie chose him to replace Eric but he became one of my favourite Utd players of that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

What did ya'll think of Teddy? I was disgusted Fergie chose him to replace Eric but he became one of my favourite Utd players of that time.

Don't like him or his dirtbag mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Sheringham was a very good player who came in and did a very good job for us. As a backup striker he was almost perfect in that he gave different options to the other lads that were there while still being a viable choice in his own right.

That said, he personally did very well out of his move to United, perhaps better than his talent might have done otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I can't think of him 'creating' that much if I'm honest. Even the second goal he probably hit the assist but it was more of a solo goal.
    You could actually make the argument that Ibra overhit that pass/got his angles wrong which forced Martial very wide. A more precise pass and Martial would have been in one on one with the keeper as opposed to having 3 defenders plus the keeper in his way by the time he was in a position to take a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You could argue that, you could also argue that put straight in one on one Martial may well have missed.

Or you could just celebrate the goal :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Sorry, you're right. Zlatan probably knew Martial was less likely to score in a high pressure one on one scenario so intentionally overplayed the pass.

Good man Ibra!

I mean the pass wasnt perfect but he laid it off first time into space behind the defence. It wasnt a simple pass by any means of all the stuff the critisise him over that would be down the list for me.

• Advertisement

To be honest, I'm only really playing devils advocate here. As you said he saw the pass was on and played it in behind the defence.

I'm not saying he should be dropped on the back of that pass or anything.

Lads, pool buy Coleman, Brady, long, Hendrick and Horgan or whoever. If they were getting games as regular starters how would you hope they'd do in games?

Lads, pool buy Coleman, Brady, long, Hendrick and Horgan or whoever. If they were getting games as regular starters how would you hope they'd do in games?

Fail miserably in the worst way imaginable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Dont care what players play for them, will always want them to lose unless it benefits UTD in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Don't like him or his dirtbag mate

Who?

• Advertisement

Table as it is:

1 Chelsea 25 60
    2 Man City 25 52
    3 Arsenal 25 50
    4 Tottenham 25 50
    5 Liverpool 25 49
    6 Man Utd 25 48

4 points between 2 and 6 is amazing.

W/E 25th Feb:

Chelsea v Swansea
    Spurs v Stoke
    Leicester v Liverpool

We have a cup final to attend that weekend, so our game v City, and Arse's v So'ton is postponed. Hopefully we'll be celebrating a Cup win though! Can't see any of our rivals dropping points in that round of fixtures though. (Only including Chelsea for completeness).

W/E 4th March:

Man Utd v Bournemouth
    Liverpool v Arsenal
    Spurs v Everton
    Sunderland v City
    West Ham v Chelsea

Another huge round of fixtures. We need to do the business v Bournemouth. Hopefully a draw between Liverpool and Arsenal, and a win for Everton and we could be sitting pretty with a game in hand. We're out first too so it's another good chance to put some pressure on the teams ahead of us and this season it seems that the weeks the teams ahead of us slip up we can't capitalize so hopefully playing first will remove that. Spurs and Liverpool will likely win though. City could end up drawing this as Sunderland have been doing Untied a few favours this year.

W/E 13th March:

City v Stoke
    Palace v Spurs
    Arsenal v Leicester
    Southampton v United
    Liverpool v Burnley
    Chelsea v Watford

Predicting wins for everyone in the top 6 here.

W/E 29th March:

WBA v Arsenal
    Stoke v Chelsea
    Boro v United
    Spurs v Southampton
    City v Liverpool

Wins for everyone else and I reckon City beat Liverpool in this one.

Table at the end of March (predicted):

1 Chelsea 29 72
    2 Tottenham 29 62
    3 Man City 28 59
    4 Liverpool 29 58
    5 Arsenal 28 56
    6 Man Utd 28 57

So all in all with a fixture less played I think we lose ground on 2nd by a point but the teams above us will take points from each other in 2 games so we shouldn't be too far away if we do our stuff in 3 winnable games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Table as it is:

1 Chelsea 25 60
    2 Man City 25 52
    3 Arsenal 25 50
    4 Tottenham 25 50
    5 Liverpool 25 49
    6 Man Utd 25 48

4 points between 2 and 6 is amazing.

W/E 25th Feb:

Chelsea v Swansea
    Spurs v Stoke
    Leicester v Liverpool

We have a cup final to attend that weekend, so our game v City, and Arse's v So'ton is postponed. Hopefully we'll be celebrating a Cup win though! Can't see any of our rivals dropping points in that round of fixtures though. (Only including Chelsea for completeness).

W/E 4th March:

Man Utd v Bournemouth
    Liverpool v Arsenal
    Spurs v Everton
    Sunderland v City
    West Ham v Chelsea

Another huge round of fixtures. We need to do the business v Bournemouth. Hopefully a draw between Liverpool and Arsenal, and a win for Everton and we could be sitting pretty with a game in hand. We're out first too so it's another good chance to put some pressure on the teams ahead of us and this season it seems that the weeks the teams ahead of us slip up we can't capitalize so hopefully playing first will remove that. Spurs and Liverpool will likely win though. City could end up drawing this as Sunderland have been doing Untied a few favours this year.

W/E 13th March:

City v Stoke
    Palace v Spurs
    Arsenal v Leicester
    Southampton v United
    Liverpool v Burnley
    Chelsea v Watford

Predicting wins for everyone in the top 6 here.

W/E 29th March:

WBA v Arsenal
    Stoke v Chelsea
    Boro v United
    Spurs v Southampton
    City v Liverpool

Wins for everyone else and I reckon City beat Liverpool in this one.

Table at the end of March (predicted):

1 Chelsea 29 72
    2 Tottenham 29 62
    3 Man City 28 59
    4 Liverpool 29 58
    5 Arsenal 28 56
    6 Man Utd 28 57

So all in all with a fixture less played I think we lose ground on 2nd by a point but the teams above us will take points from each other in 2 games so we shouldn't be too far away if we do our stuff in 3 winnable games.

All those games the w/e of mar 13 will be off barring cup shocks as its fa cup qf weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Hopefully this is just some bull. He's been getting plenty of game time imo

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/831269116916953088

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/831269518567669761

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I see some of the rags are reporting Spurs coming in for Martial in the summer:D

I would nearly like to see Spurs trying for a United player just so the club could ride them over the price.

I thought he already signed something in the summer? I couldn't imagine it's true rashford has been involved in near ly every squad this year and has had plenty game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rashford has played more game time this season than last season with 3 and a half months left to play and a heavy schedule coming up.

If that rumour is true he needs a heavy clout round the ear, hopefully it isn't because I don't think Mourinho will tolerate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭KH25

I think this is just someone latching on to another player to try sell a story, especially now that Martiak has said he's happy and Jose has addressed the Shawn situation. Next it'll be 'Mata unhappy due to lack of headed chances'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    I thought he already signed something in the summer? I couldn't imagine it's true rashford has been involved in near ly every squad this year and has had plenty game time.

He did he is contracted until 2020 with the option of another year I think.. be tough luck not taking a pay rise :D

• LOL so Miki rumors have been squashed followed by the Martial rumors.
    Rags: "What will we make up next? Ah sure move onto Rashford"

I'd say Rashford thinks all his Christmases have come at once with how his career at United is going. To believe he'd be unhappy with how he's progressed in under a year would imho be idiotic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

KH25 wrote: »
    I think this is just someone latching on to another player to try sell a story, especially now that Martiak has said he's happy and Jose has addressed the Shawn situation. Next it'll be 'Mata unhappy due to lack of headed chances'.

Or De'gea quits for Madrid, as he's not allowed take the penalties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I don't watch Serie A so much any more so I know feck all about this fella.

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/manchester-united-their-85-million-chase-for-italian-striker-42451
    New reports from Italy suggest that Manchester United have entered the race to sign £85 million rated Torino striker Andrea Belotti.

TuttoMercatoweb understands that representatives from the Red Devils were in Turin last weekend to witness the 23-year-old score another brace as his side beat Pescara 5-3. His outstanding form this season is causing interest from all around Europe with Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich all known to be keen on acquiring his services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

zerks wrote: »
    I don't watch Serie A so much any more so I know feck all about this fella.

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/manchester-united-their-85-million-chase-for-italian-striker-42451

Tuttomercatoweb would be your problem with this rumour. Haven't seen much of Belotti but with any Italian strikers id be waiting on a second season before dropping anything like that kind of money

Who?

Ruddock

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The media just love stirring the pot when it comes to Jose and Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Very hard luck for the lad if true. Wonder if City can keep it together without him

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/831480295274733570

Jayo: sell sell sell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL so Miki rumors have been squashed followed by the Martial rumors.
    Rags: "What will we make up next? Ah sure move onto Rashford"

Ya we had the Mickey Ryan saga

Then Rooney was dropped,then it was questions about Luke Shaw which then moved on to the unhappy Martial who smiles are as rare as Tony V's and now Rashford is apparently stalling on a new contract

astradave wrote: »
    Very hard luck for the lad if true. Wonder if City can keep it together without him

Too late ;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I love yis all but apparently I love these guys the most.

Untitled_bd2b2106929afe4d1ce0_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

At least now his normal card will be gettable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Logs into fantasy football account.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

AXdr3JS.png

A Chelsea fan?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mars Bar wrote: »
    AXdr3JS.png

How am i not on this list!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

brinty wrote: »
    How am i not on this list!!!!!

Here's mine-

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    Ted_YNWA x10
    astradave x10
    jayo26 x10
    adox x7
    M!Ck^ x7
    zerks x7
    Lord TSC x6
    RobertKK x5
    bangkok x5
    Rod Munch x5
    Flint Fredstone x5

Sorry brinty :D:p

It's based on who thanks your posts and who's posts you thank but I don't think it includes posts for people on your friend list so that explains everything :D

Here's mine-

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    Ted_YNWA x10
    astradave x10
    jayo26 x10
    adox x7
    M!Ck^ x7
    zerks x7
    Lord TSC x6
    RobertKK x5
    bangkok x5
    Rod Munch x5
    Flint Fredstone x5

It's based on who thanks your posts and who's posts you thank but I don't think it includes posts for people on your friend list so that explains everything :D

That can't be true where is yermandan

• Advertisement

• Here's mine-

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    Ted_YNWA x10
    astradave x10
    jayo26 x10
    adox x7
    M!Ck^ x7
    zerks x7
    Lord TSC x6
    RobertKK x5
    bangkok x5
    Rod Munch x5
    Flint Fredstone x5

3 point gap
    Not too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mars Bar wrote: »
    AXdr3JS.png

I feel betrayed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

jayo26 wrote: »
    That can't be true where is yermandan

fair point :D There isn't enough lovehearts on the matchmaking machine to calculate how much everyone loves him so it's easier just to leave him out :D:p

btw <3 ya jayo (apparently) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Here's mine-

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    Ted_YNWA x10
    astradave x10
    jayo26 x10
    adox x7
    M!Ck^ x7
    zerks x7
    Lord TSC x6
    RobertKK x5
    bangkok x5
    Rod Munch x5
    Flint Fredstone x5

A scouser is your #1
    Didn't you say Mr Dough supported them...
    Mystery solved!!!!!

BTW i'm disgusted

Jayo26 is my only salvation on this!!!!

• Headshot wrote: »
    I feel betrayed

LOL you thank nobody!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement