Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Christ thats an horrendous run in

Looking at Arsenal, City and Spurs away in last 6/7 fixtures.... eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jayop wrote: »

13th of April EL
    Potential EL Quarter Final

15th of April PL
    United v Chelsea

I will be in Rome for those games, visiting the Pope for Easter, praying for a miracle for United...
    I hope it is not a bad omen, last time we played Chelsea played I was away too, and that didn't go well, but we did win the EL game, and the other time I was away we won at home to Spurs, and won the EL game, so if in last 16, we win the EL game :P

That's more or less 2 games a week from the start of March onward (except for the International window) if we advance in the FA Cup and the Europa.

1) Great, loads of United to watch.

2) That is insane in the membrane. Up to 26-27 games in 14 weeks.

The likes of Schweinstegier and Young could yet make it into double digits for appearances if it goes that far, Shaw could yet go on to make this a decent season for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yeah it's nuts. The only way I can see us avoiding a situation where we'll have to play 4 games in 8 days should we progress is by having the City game the 1st of March. It's a nightmare fixture pile up that will see us dropping a lot of points due to the quick turnarounds. Squad rotation as you say is going to be so important.

This Now yer lovin thing has me depressed. Can't even sneak on to a single list. :(

Here's mine fwiw

Username Compatibility
    davycc x10
    M!Ck^ x8
    jayo26 x8
    MicksJaguar x7
    Tigger x7
    Lord TSC x6
    astradave x5
    The_Valeyard x5
    sullivlo x5
    WerewolfGM x4
    mahamageehad x4

I guess splitting my time between here and WW hasn't helped me.

Check it Jayop :D GM loves me :pac:

WerewolfGM x10
    Jayop x8
    M!Ck^ x7
    jayo26 x6
    StringerBell x4
    Lord TSC x4
    astradave x4
    adox x4
    Maximus Alexander x3
    sullivlo x3
    quickbeam x3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

13th May PL
    United v Spurs

makes it harder the fact we are away to Spurs :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

409297.PNG

Quite similar to last year. Someone has to show bangkok some love :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    yermandan
    The_Kew_Tour
    M!Ck^
    beno619
    zerks
    Whatsisname
    adox
    Lord TSC
    astradave
    TheDoc
    FutureGuy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Valentines Day and I'm sitting at home studying in real life and not making any of the matchmaking lists in my internet life, it could be time to buy a few cats. #foreveralone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The fixture pile up is going to be a pain but between now and the international break its manageable.

If United do well until then the three after the break are key for the rest of the season.

1st April PL
    United v WBA

4th April PL
    United v Everton

8th April PL
    United v Sunderland

Win those three and the FA Cup (assuming progress) or EL becomes a reserve team option as the league top 4 will be on. Mess up those games and it could be time to prioritise the cups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yermandan
    Whatsisname
    Kerrydude1981
    M!Ck^
    RobertKK
    TheDoc
    adox
    astradave
    irishfeen
    beno619
    Zerks

Congrats to whoever made my list, lucky you eh:pac:. I'm disappointed Brinty did not make mine.

And to the people who list I made, I do claim I'm a ""tour" "Whore" in fairness:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Seeing as it's valentines night, I love ye all and I have liked every post from the last 2 pages. As mata would say.....hugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Di Maria, make ya sick he would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Not really at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who? He's dead to me

bangkok wrote: »
    Seeing as it's valentines night, I love ye all and I have liked every post from the last 2 pages. As mata would say.....hugs

Hugs, indeed!

https://u.nya.is/aoungp.mp4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm doing an absolutely brilliant job of staying off the matchmaking lists.

veratti is some player, perfect replacement for carrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Really?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102288384&postcount=8468

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

a lot can happen in a month!!
    FFS :D:D

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

yea perfect replacement for carrick...

above was players better that Pogba, Veratti is not better than pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

astradave wrote: »

Well the phrase give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself certainly comes into play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

yea perfect replacement for carrick...

above was players better that Pogba, Veratti is not better than pogba

You have gone from laughing at him as one of the best midfielders in the world to saying he is some player.. :D

Anyways thank my fecking post!

I know your game.. starting the thanking early to get onto next year's lists...

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well the phrase give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself certainly comes into play.

well no, original post was about who is better than pogba, veratti imo is not, but he is the perfect replacement for carrick. hardly hanging myself there am i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Veratti has been sensational tonight and has been a very good midfielder for a number of seasons now.
    I'd love if we splashed the cash on him in the summer. Would be an unbelievable addition to our midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Veratti has been sensational tonight and has been a very good midfielder for a number of seasons now.
    I'd love if we splashed the cash on him in the summer. Would be an unbelievable addition to our midfield.

He is only 24! Thought he was 28 or so. Definitely worth 60 mil.

Id reckon there is little chance of buying him .

I know we all want big name signings but I'm not sure Jose will go down that route,I think he will look for players who can be molded/worked into his system and style of play.He never really bought world class players at Chelsea but turned plenty of players into it.
    I can see similar at United but maybe the likes of Griezmann bought in as superstar signing and then a few more lesser names(but with potential)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

yabadabado wrote: »
    Id reckon there is little chance of buying him .

I know we all want big name signings but I'm not sure Jose will go down that route,I think he will look for players who can be molded/worked into his system and style of play.He never really bought world class players at Chelsea but turned plenty of players into it.
    I can see similar at United but maybe the likes of Griezmann bought in as superstar signing and then a few more lesser names(but with potential)

Would you not consider Pogba, Mikiryan and Ibra big name signings?

If not I think your left with very few who could be considered big name signings.

i have always rated Veratti, few posts from me about him

2 YEARS AGO...."Sorry veratti would be playing in carricks position, Herrera just ahead of him, with di Maria beside him, mata in the no10"

2 YEARS AGO..."Yea just look at veratti tonight, a proper player would love him at united"

2 YEARS AGO....."IMO the Vidal ship has sailed, not the same player anymore. Pogba first then veratti"

8 MONTHS AGO...."Veratti is quality, but we need a midfielder than can score and create goals, not another passer/tackler"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

i have always rated Veratti, few posts from me about him

2 YEARS AGO...."Sorry veratti would be playing in carricks position, Herrera just ahead of him, with di Maria beside him, mata in the no10"

2 YEARS AGO..."Yea just look at veratti tonight, a proper player would love him at united"

2 YEARS AGO....."IMO the Vidal ship has sailed, not the same player anymore. Pogba first then veratti"

8 MONTHS AGO...."Veratti is quality, but we need a midfielder than can score and create goals, not another passer/tackler"
    You missed one.
    Verrati lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We should sign that Di Maria guy.

brilliant goal from di maria

You missed one.

yea, just forget what i said earlier about why i said that

Thoroughly enjoying Barca being smashed.

Still a Di Maria fan and find all the "snake" stuff petty and embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

yea, just forget what i said earlier about why i said that

No point sure you probably would turn it into an argument about a completely different player ;);)

• Advertisement

if ronaldo was playing the way messi is tonight the commentators and press would be slating him... his attitude has been shocking

• Bangkok jinxed Veratti the poor lad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

One way traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Well Barcelona are out. Happy with that. Luis Enrique will be sacked soon.

Wonder will messi leave after this season

• Advertisement

Also pleasant to see a good performance from the referee. A first for me this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

It looks like me going with the hipster choice and choosing the other game ain't paying off!!

Still got to see solid performance from Semedo. Dortmund totally dominating but he has held his own comfortably at right back.

Hococop wrote: »
    Wonder will messi leave after this season

doubt it, he practically runs the club. he will be rewarded with a new improved massive contract and hand pick the next manager

doubt it, he practically runs the club. he will be rewarded with a new improved massive contract and hand pick the next manager

Was thinking, seem to be out if cl and Madrid look fav to win the LA liga, seem to be some money issues in the club, wouldn't be surprised to see them cash out and possibly sell to China

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Would you not consider Pogba, Mikiryan and Ibra big name signings?

If not I think your left with very few who could be considered big name signings.

Thats why I mentioned Griezmann a big superstar signing,similar to Pogba but dont see too many more like that.
    Zlatan is a huge name but was only ever gonna be a season or 2 on a free transfer .
    Miki is a great signing but im not sure how big a name he was or is.

My point was more that United will be linked with loads 60m+ signings all summer and I have a feeling Jose will go a different route.Less bigger names but more players who will fit what is needed and will improve.

Hococop wrote: »
    Was thinking, seem to be out if cl and Madrid look fav to win the LA liga, seem to be some money issues in the club, wouldn't be surprised to see them cash out and possibly sell to China

if they want to rebuild they need a major overhaul, they will have to sell some big name. the defense is poor, midfield needs more legs, front 3 is class but tonight apart from neymar was pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I'd Christiano is at home thinking it's time BALLON number 5 baby!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

yabadabado wrote: »
    Thats why I mentioned Griezmann a big superstar signing,similar to Pogba but dont see too many more like that.
    Zlatan is a huge name but was only ever gonna be a season or 2 on a free transfer .
    Miki is a great signing but im not sure how big a name he was or is.

My point was more that United will be linked with loads 60m+ signings all summer and I have a feeling Jose will go a different route.Less bigger names but more players who will fit what is needed and will improve.

Miki was one of the best players in Germany for the last two years. Definitely a big name signing.

Jose has always spent at the higher end of the market and he'll continue to do so. I'd say United will get Griezman, a CM and a CB/LB/RB (depending on how Jones and Shaw finish the season with injuries).

I think you may go for a winger soon as well but personally I think Martial could do a fantastic job there, with Rashford been the main backup for Ibra.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Di Maria did not work out for us, but I was happy to see him doing well tonight.
    Van Gaal the most at fault for that failed relationship between united and Di Maria, in my opinion. The football under LVG was nothing like what PSG played tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

RobertKK wrote: »
    Di Maria did not work out for us, but I was happy to see him doing well tonight.
    Van Gaal the most at fault for that failed relationship between united and Di Maria, in my opinion. The football under LVG was nothing like what PSG played tonight.

I'd say Di Maria was most at fault if I had to guess.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement