Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    If only Valencia is as good as Bellerin :pac:
    Considering bloody Ryan Fraiser tore Bellerin a new one last month the whole 'best full back in the league' talk has quietened down.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Looks like Jose is fielding the same back 4 as against Watford and Shaw is not going to feature again.

Hopefully he'll get his chance at the weekend and he'll put in a decent performance.

Jose will want to do a PSG/Bayern tonight and have the 2nd leg a formality.

With the fixture pile up that is coming, every player will be used so Shaw will get his chance.

I hope Martial starts tonight, he has been really good lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Match day and match thread up

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057706836/1/#post102639915

Another win to keep my winning streak going...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Considering bloody Ryan Fraiser tore Bellerin a new one last month the whole 'best full back in the league' talk has quietened down.
    Ye might have the best full back in the league next year if Meunier gets his wish. He had a great game (Neymar in his pocket) and was unreal for the 4th goal, skipped a tackle, both hands on the ground to right himself, took off the length of the pitch before the disguised pass to Cavani. Cavani then ran the length of the pitch, pointing at himself, and never once looked for Meunier as if it was all his own work.
    He would be an acquisition and a half.

Going to be a sad day for football seemingly mark clattenburg has resigned from the reffere panel... ;) off to China for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

jayo26 wrote: »
    Going to be a sad day for football seemingly mark clattenburg has resigned from the reffere panel... ;) off to China for him.

Disgrace. I mean with all the money we gave him to rig our matches and off he goes. Greedy so and so.

Howard Webb would never have done that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I dislike Clattenburg more than any other ref. More than I did with even David Elleray. He's such a diva.

Disgrace. I mean with all the money we gave him to rig our matches and off he goes. Greedy so and so.

Howard Webb would never have done that

Yup Woodward out he can't even hold onto our referee now.

I dislike Clattenburg more than any other ref. More than I did with even David Elleray. He's such a diva.

He is and its funny see the people in the media are not afraid to admit that he is one of the most attention see keying people on a football pitch.

Its no way for a ref to act the lads on talksport were saying that you know a ref has had a good game when he is not mentioned after the game but Cattenburg hated that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Says it's Saudi Arabia he's off to now on sky

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »

Yeh just heard the same. He was linked to China earlier in during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

still the best ref in the league by a long way, will be a loss to the premier league

would like to see this team tonight...

De gea

Valencia
    bailly
    smalling
    blind

Mata
    mkhitarayan---herrera
    pogba
    martial

zlatan

and this team v blackburn

Romero

Darmian
    jones
    rojo
    shaw

Lingard
    carrick
    schweignsteiger—fellaini----rashford

rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

MrMac84 wrote: »

With that haircut?

bangkok wrote: »
    still the best ref in the league by a long way, will be a loss to the premier league

He may be a top ref but he invites too much pressure on himself to make his job harder. It's about time that the fa use this as a chance to restructure the referee panel and how refs are scrutinised and rules around them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I don't like him at all but I'd prefer him reffing an important match than any of the others. He's a big loss imo.

Niamh Kavanagh - in your eyes, she says she is a United fan but not as big as her husband, but she has to work on her son who is a Liverpool fan.
    United fans appear where you wouldn't expect them.

Carrick to have talks with United about his future at the end of the month, RTE sport say there are doubts over his future at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

RobertKK wrote: »
    Carrick to have talks with United about his future at the end of the month, RTE sport say there are doubts over his future at the club.

Legend at the club but i think its time for him to leave.

hopefully not to another pl team but go enjoy his football in america.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

sky88 wrote: »
    Legend at the club but i think its time for him to leave.

hopefully not to another pl team but go enjoy his football in america.

He can go where he wants bar pool and city IMO.

• Advertisement

If Carrick is too old, not good enough for a title-challenging PL team and all the rest, why would we worry about him going to a rival or another PL team?

stankratz wrote: »
    If Carrick is too old, not good enough for a title-challenging PL team and all the rest, why would we worry about him going to a rival or another PL team?

Because they will never lose when he plays obviously ;)

I hope he stays he is more of a positive in the squad then a negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Carrick could offer more in a league where the pace isn't as frenetic as the premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

He can go where he wants bar pool and city IMO.

Yeah, for sure, Schmeicel WAS a Utd legend, then all legendary status was lost when he joined them, he knew that there's some lines you just don't cross, and he crossed it, can't stand him since then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Schmeichel is still a club legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

scudzilla wrote: »
    Yeah, for sure, Schmeicel WAS a Utd legend, then all legendary status was lost when he joined them, he knew that there's some lines you just don't cross, and he crossed it, can't stand him since then

So you wouldn't have Denis law as a legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Yeah, for sure, Schmeicel WAS a Utd legend, then all legendary status was lost

No, it really wasn't.

Love Schmeichel still a legend same as Law is.

Surely we can forgive Schmeichel seen as the pool were able to make Michael Owen a club ambassador after he playing for us :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fellani :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

You can't be a central focal point for winning a treble and not be a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Love Schmeichel still a legend same as Law is.

Surely we can forgive Schmeichel seen as the pool were able to make Michael Owen a club ambassador after he playing for us :)

They had to. All the goals he scored, and isnt he the only Liverpool player with a Premier League winners medal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Fellani :(
    I think it's a good exercise for United to continue to play games with Pogba, Herrera and someone other than Carrick.

Maybe you could make the argument that Bastian could get a run out but I'm very happy with that team.

Sand wrote: »
    They had to. All the goals he scored, and isnt he the only Liverpool player with a Premier League winners medal?

No they all got one this year in October ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pogba at #10? Aweeeesome! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow what the **** Bailly. Really unlike you.

It's brilliant to have such a good backup keeper thou

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭dream brother

That's a nervous two minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Now a nervous six minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pogba at #10? Aweeeesome! :D

Eh looks like the big lad at no.10 and Pogba beside Herrera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

A thunderbolt from Zlatan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

This is reminding me of when Bilbao caught us cold a few years ago. Back four looking very shaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

We're going to be punished if we don't wake up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bailly probably had his worst half in a Utd shirt although the back four are getting **** all protection. The amount of space in midfield for St Etienne is unbelievable.

The Herrera Pogba as deeper players has to stop. Proving once again that neither are good enough defensively to protect the back four. All the more baffling when Fellaini is in the pitch as the furthest forward midfielder.

Stick him deep and let the other two do their stuff offensively.

Can't wait til the summer when a midfielder is brought in. I'm actually shocked how little prot cation the back four is getting.

Do you hate Andy Cole and kanchelskis as well??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭Sand

adox wrote: »
    Bailly probably had his worst half in a Utd shirt although the back four are getting **** all protection. The amount of space in midfield for St Etienne is unbelievable.

The Herrera Pogba as deeper players has to stop. Proving once again that neither are good enough defensively to protect the back four. All the more baffling when Fellaini is in the pitch as the furthest forward midfielder.

Stick him deep and let the other two do their stuff offensively.

Can't wait til the summer when a midfielder is brought in. I'm actually shocked how little prot cation the back four is getting.

Not sure I want Fellaini and his elbows anywhere near the United penalty box.

Fellaini or Herrera need to sit in front of back 4this half, way to open, not really sure where Fellaini is meant to be playing

****ing love Martial

What a talent

Love watching our Pogba play

Just a class act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Martial has been super tonight, love him to get a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Martial in this form is a joy to watch.

Ffs. Pogba loves the crossbar.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement