Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    No way Martial leaves. Also don't think Shaw will, it's the same scenario as Mick and Smalling.

And Memphis and Schnderlin. Mkhi seemed to put the head down and prove himself. martial, in fairness, looks to be doing the same.

But there is two examples of players going "nah, **** this" and heading on their way....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And Memphis and Schnderlin. Mkhi seemed to put the head down and prove himself. martial, in fairness, looks to be doing the same.

But there is two examples of players going "nah, **** this" and heading on their way....

I was reading yesterday about Jose doing tough love on some players, one was Martial who responded, not working on Shaw.
    Bastian has done far more to get game time by the look of things, given he was totally out in the cold at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Daily mail reporting this :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4238440/Manchester-United-stopper-Dean-Henderson-play-cup.html
    Jose Mourinho could be forced to put rookie stopper Dean Henderson on bench against Blackburn in FA Cup after knock to David de Gea
    Jose Mourinho may be forced to put rookie goalkeeper Dean Henderson on the Manchester United bench for Sunday’s FA Cup fifth round tie at Blackburn Rovers.

The Whitehaven-born teenager, whose only senior first-team experience is seven games on loan at Grimsby Town, has been put on standby for the match at Ewood Park because of an injury to David de Gea.

Although the Spaniard's knock isn’t believed to be serious, Mourinho is unwilling to take any risks with him ahead of next Sunday’s League Cup final against Southampton at Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Shaws contract situation isn't going to help matters in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »

Why not have romiero and periera in the lineup then? I don't get why an injury to de gea would make us resort to Henderson who is fourth choice??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jayo26 wrote: »
    Why not have romiero and periera in the lineup then? I don't get why an injury to de gea would make us resort to Henderson who is fourth choice??

Pereira is out for the season iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Open to correction
    Did Perieira not go on loan and we recalled Henderson

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

brinty wrote: »
    Open to correction
    Did Perieira not go on loan and we recalled Henderson

Both were on loan respectively, then recalled.

Henderson was recalled due to an injury suffered by Pereira.

It's from the Mirror, but they're direct quotes from Jose about Shaw. Starts off with Jose being asked if he will sell Luke Shaw this Summer...
    Jose wrote:

"No, no, no. He will be here for sure, that is out of the question."

“What I think is that he had a very ugly injury, really, really ugly and the fact is not just the physical point of view but also the mental impact on him."

“So this season he has had a couple of small injuries and he needs to adapt."

“He knows what I like in a defender."

“He knows that I like stability, that I don’t like mistakes, that for me it is vital to trust a player totally and he has to work to get it."

“And when he is on the pitch again he has to try to give me that step-by-step because he is still only a young player.”

Mourinho added: “Sometimes people forget he is only a young player with a lot to learn but I like the player and I like the boy.”

Full article: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/luke-shaw-assured-manchester-united-9847534

Hopefully he's just in the Mkhitaryan Chamber. It seems to have worked for Mkhi, Martial and Schweinsteiger so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

"No no no, he will be here for sure. That is out of the question."

Well that's definitive. Shaw wont be sold. Who's next to be sold? Daley Blind hasn't had it in a while.

• GSPfan wrote: »
    "No no no, he will be here for sure. That is out of the question."

Well that's definitive. Shaw wont be sold. Who's next to be sold? Daley Blind hasn't had it in a while.

I think there's a huge 'spin the wheel' in the daily fail office where they have numbers replaced with Utd player names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i just love the saltiness from some fans re pogba....

since we turned the corner with jose the salt has been delicious lol

He aint listed on physio room as been out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Off topic but I saw an actual Lincoln City fan in the wild in Enniscorthy this morning. That's a rare sight in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

jayo26 wrote: »
    He aint listed on physio room as been out?

Out for the season alright,did his knee ligaments

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    Out for the season alright,did his knee ligaments

Ouch that's unlucky for him in terms of match day experience he was making decent progress.

Lads this is not on topic at all but I'm honestly nearly pissing myself laughing at the hashtag on twitter #NeverRemember.

Its a hashtag to honour the horrible tragedy which happened in Sweden the other night. There's not many facts known about what happened, in fact the only source is Donald Trump, but apparently something happened because Donald told us it did. No one in Sweden knows anything about it but it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

zerks wrote: »
    Off topic but I saw an actual Lincoln City fan in the wild in Enniscorthy this morning. That's a rare sight in Ireland.

Mus have been some session to wake up in Enniscorthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Tough game today I'd say. Hopefully we can get the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

yabadabado wrote: »
    Mus have been some session to wake up in Enniscorthy

Be a good story for a Hangover 4 movie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Game against side in Championship relegation spots, damn sure we had better be getting the win.

Be a good story for a Hangover 4 movie :D

Waking up in enniscorthy would be a horror movie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Could have been worse. Could have woken in proper **** place like Carlow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Could have been worse. Could have woken in proper **** place like Carlow.

Excuse me? ;)

The 059 is glorious

Nalz wrote: »
    Excuse me? ;)

The 059 is glorious

In fairness the Carlow lads are fine. Its just been infested by Jackeen tosers:pac:

*makes 1000% more enemies

Berbatov on the panel on BBC for the Fulham v Spurs game now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Berbatov on the panel on BBC for the Fulham v Spurs game now.

As a balding man, it's great to see a fellow-balder in Dimitar retaining his head of hair. I hope it wasn't a transplant. Even if it was, it gives me hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

As a balding man, it's great to see a fellow-balder in Dimitar retaining his head of hair. I hope it wasn't a transplant. Even if it was, it gives me hope.

It was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Hi lads the mate has tickets for the game against Chelsea fixed for Saturday 15th April at 15.00. He is trying to organise flights, would any have any idea when will the day and time of the kick off be confirmed. I'm fairly sure it will be changed for TV. Thank you.

• Advertisement

clickhere wrote: »
    Hi lads the mate has tickets for the game against Chelsea fixed for Saturday 15th April at 15.00. He is trying to organise flights, would any have any idea when will the day and time of the kick off be confirmed. I'm fairly sure it will be changed for TV. Thank you.

You can bet it won't be at 3pm on the Saturday.Probably a Sunday game.

Have a look at Fabergas from 2 years ago and his full head of hair now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Have a look at Fabergas from 2 years ago and his full head of hair now.

Does Rooney go to a backstreet hair restoration clinic? His hair looks like the welcome mat outside my front door.

Does Rooney go to a backstreet hair restoration clinic? His hair looks like the welcome mat outside my front door.

He has form with visiting backstreet establishments.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

ah shouldnt be really, blackburn are awful. comfortable 3-0 victory

Somebody is now checking to see was there any bold chants sung that day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Nice looking frontline. Plenty of pace there.

• Advertisement

Is Rooney injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Decent team. Is it too much to ask for Darmian to be RB and Young LB though?

2 games in a row no DeGea, he must be on his way out :(

Shaw on the bench!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

2 games in a row no DeGea, he must be on his way out :(

He picked up a minor injury didn't he?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    He picked up a minor injury didn't he?

I was just taking the Michael...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is Rooney injured?

Some punch line about a dodgy Chinese....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

While Jose is claiming that Shaw isn't going anywhere in the summer he either has to turn things around dramatically in the next 3 months or get used to the fact that he can only make the bench in a second string side.

Hopefully he'll respond well.

Has anyone broke there leg in similar fashion to Shaw? I wonder is it a mental thing with him moreso than a physical?

I broke my cheek bone in 3 places and it took me a couple of years and a couple of bangs in the face to get confident about it being heeled so I wonder is it a thing for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

S.M.B. wrote: »
    While Jose is claiming that Shaw isn't going anywhere in the summer he either has to turn things around dramatically in the next 3 months or get used to the fact that he can only make the bench in a second string side.

Hopefully he'll respond well.

Part of me thinks the kid is way too good to alienate and let leave at a big loss...but there are plenty of cautionary tales out there.

Fingers crossed he reacts to this like he did to the injury and fights hard to overcome the adversity.

As an aside, it's kinda sad how far Blackburn have fallen. I know they got where they did because of Jack Walker's money but it was a well put together sid when they were in their pomp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

GSPfan wrote: »
    Has anyone broke there leg in similar fashion to Shaw? I wonder is it a mental thing with him moreso than a physical?

Doesn't seem to bother Valencia.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement