Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just realised I wont get to see the game tomorrow :( Its my brother's birthday on Thursday so we have tickets to see Jack Whitehall in Dublin tomorrow evening :/

5pm kick off, get in early and pull up a chair at the bar, hopefully should be a nothing game anyway.

Rooney back training today so might get a run out tomorrow. Cant see him being in the squad for the final though, hopefully Shaw gets a start tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

What time is the JW gig? 8pm you'd imagine.

Go to any pub in the middle of town to watch the match, you'll deffo make the gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

You would have to wonder what sort of football fan TSC is to bring is brother to a gig midweek on a CL/EL week anyways.. and he's supposed to be a mod!

:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Going to have a back log of away games at the end of the season.

Away to Southampton now to be rescheduled with the FA Cup game V Chelsea.

Away to City already postponed due to the cup final on Sun.

Away to Burnley will be postponed if we reach the FA Cup semi.

As there are no more FA cup replays and the replay dates are still free, surely that's when the postponed games will be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Liam O wrote: »
    I think what Young did show at the weekend was how the tactics can make anyone capable of getting up and down the line on the right look like a world beater. Based on that I'd even almost prefer Young to Valencia as his ability to take players on would allow him to beat the defender on a more regular basis than Valencia.

Blackburn are 23rd in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Just realised I wont get to see the game tomorrow :( Its my brother's birthday on Thursday so we have tickets to see Jack Whitehall in Dublin tomorrow evening :/

Think it's a 4pm kick off so you may be lucky if you get in early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

5pm kick off, be over at 7

jack whitehall - doors: 6:30, he is on stage at 8pm sharp!

nothing to worry about, you can catch both....That's what I am doing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bugger - i thought the game kicked off at 6. Will miss the first half so. Bugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Off tomorrow. Feet up, Few beers, GF is working and then Edinburgh Derby at night.

Did I mention im off tomorrow?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Off tomorrow. Feet up, Few beers, GF is working and then Edinburgh Derby at night.

Did I mention im off tomorrow?:P

Karma dictates that you'll be called in on Sunday for an emergency.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

zerks wrote: »
    Karma dictates that you'll be called in on Sunday for an emergency.:p

Knowing my luck I probably will

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach/status/834055176466075648

Travelling squad:

United: De Gea, O'Hara, Romero; Bailly, Blind, Fosu-Mensah, Rojo, Smalling, Valencia, Young; Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Lingard, Schweinsteiger; Ibrahimovic, Martial, Rashford.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

duffman13 wrote: »
    5pm kick off, get in early and pull up a chair at the bar, hopefully should be a nothing game anyway.

Rooney back training today so might get a run out tomorrow. Cant see him being in the squad for the final though, hopefully Shaw gets a start tomorrow.
    What time is the JW gig? 8pm you'd imagine.

Go to any pub in the middle of town to watch the match, you'll deffo make the gig

Have a pre-show dinner arranged too so no chance of that :/
    Upside, if I'm missing a game, you'd imagine it's one with not massive consequences. Really can't see us losing 3-0....

When was the last time we let in 3 goals in one game? Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is Rooney still ill? Surely not? Off to China?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

zerks wrote:
    Karma dictates that you'll be called in on Sunday for an emergency.

God help whomever the emergency is
    You'll probably arrive on Wednesday

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Is Rooney still ill? Surely not? Off to China?

We have better options and a manager who doesn't say "Rooney starts no matter what."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Blackburn sack their manager.

Clearly losing to United was the final straw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    God help whomever the emergency is
    You'll probably arrive on Wednesday

Get with the story brinty he wasn't talking about himself........ Sometimes you disappoint me

:)

zerks wrote: »
    We have better options and a manager who doesn't say "Rooney starts no matter what."

Its great to see and its the exact opposite to what people were saying would happen back last summer but it also shows that rooney wasn't dictating he should be in the team all along it was managers putting him in.

• Advertisement

I was at a Billy Connolly show during last Thursday's game. I just stayed away from the internet on the phone on the way home, stayed clear of the news on the car radio, and watched the match when I got back home.

PM sent with source for full mathces, I think it's legal, but I'm not sure enough to post it here...

Also, can anyone tell me why the match is on Wednesday in the first place? Seems unusual for Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

stankratz wrote: »
    I was at a Billy Connolly show during last Thursday's game. I just stayed away from the internet on the phone on the way home, stayed clear of the news on the car radio, and watched the match when I got back home.

PM sent with source for full mathces, I think it's legal, but I'm not sure enough to post it here...

Also, can anyone tell me why the match is on Wednesday in the first place? Seems unusual for Europa.

Lyon also have a home second leg tie and I don't think there is an awful distance between the 2 cities so can't have the 2 games on the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

Lyon have a home Europa League tie on Thursday as well, and UEFA rules won't allow two games in such close proximity on the same night (c 40 km between them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Niska wrote: »
    Lyon have a home Europa League tie on Thursday as well, and UEFA rules won't allow two games in such close proximity on the same night (c 40 km between them).

Also Lyon finished higher in Ligue 1 last year so get the Thurs night slot first.

We get bumped to Wed and cant clash with the regular Champions League slot.

Works out better for us anyway more time to prepare for Wembley and then a week off nearly until back to premierleague game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

They are a f*cking disgrace.

• Advertisement

Those Venkys grrrrrrrr!

jayo26 wrote:
    Get with the story brinty he wasn't talking about himself........ Sometimes you disappoint me

Sorry jayo
    Fresh off surgery so still doped up
    Great to see you organised the #prayforBrinty campaign in time....

Sorry jayo

It's been going a while brinty :pac:

Anyway, get well soon, oh and...

X9W5VMq.jpg

Sorry jayo

Sorry didn't know this time pal. I hope they didn't leave anything inside ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Mourinho refusing to guarantee Rooney will be at United the end of the season. Sky sports reckon he may be off to China

• Advertisement

It's been going a while brinty :pac:

Anyway, get well soon, oh and...

X9W5VMq.jpg

Loads of yokes Stan
    Drugged up to my eyelids :rolleyes:
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Sorry didn't know this time pal. I hope they didn't leave anything inside ya ;)

Left nothing at all
    I'm part human part machine now mate

duffman13 wrote: »
    Mourinho refusing to guarantee Rooney will be at United the end of the season. Sky sports reckon he may be off to China

There's something in that I reckon...

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach/status/834096430239330305
    "I will never push or try to push a legend of this club to another destiny. I don't want him to leave".

Sounds like there is an offer for Rooney to go.

Jose about Shaw, again...

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach/status/834097926129463297
    "Because I'm playing with Blind, Rojo & Darmian - all are playing the way l like a full-back to play...He has to work better & better. I give nothing for free. They have to work hard. In this moment he is behind the others"

Also, from Tony Martial...

https://twitter.com/hirstclass/status/834100213694488576
    Anthony Martial on his future: "I love this club and I love Manchester. I want to stay as long as possible in this club."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nice quotes from Martial if true.

Also, apparently Jose added this in relation to Rooney leaving "You'll have to ask him, you'll have to ask him".

Whatever about before the end of the season, I reckon he's definitely gone in the Summer. We're experiencing the final season of Wayne Rooney at Manchester United.

José said he loves working for united and the only way he will leave is if the board want him.

Phew thankfully he aint going back to Madrid this summer :)

I'd be very happy for Jose to continue with his stance on players wanting to leave. If Rooney isn't happy to sit on the bench and take on a mentoring role for the rest of the season and into next then he should be allowed to pursue other options.

It would be nice to keep him until the end of the season for his experience and to have him as an option during our heavy run of fixtures but I don't think that's essential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Bit more on shaw

https://twitter.com/Chriswin4/status/834098009726132226?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    Mourinho on Shaw, "At the moment he is behind the others. Potentially he has many things that I like but potential is different to the pitch

https://twitter.com/Chriswin4/status/834098109571555328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    Mourinho on Shaw, "He has to work hard like Mkhitaryan did for an extended period of time."

So basically, Darmian is offering more in training and on the pitch than Shaw. If thats the case then I'm glad that Jose is trying to show him that he has to work hard to get his place and just because he was a 30m signing doesn't automatically guarantee him a position in the team/match-squad. Good the way he refers to Mkhi worked hard and that Shaw needs to follow his path, hopefully he knuckles down so.

Understandable from Rooney's point of view if he leaves in the Summer. Whatever about China and supermegabucks, he could still get first team football closer to home and enjoy what's left of his pro-playing days.

It's quite clear that Rooney is not in Jose's main plans. Jose has handled this very well. There has been no sudden furore over the removal of Rooney from the starting 11. It just happened and here we are now, Rooney looking out from the bench more often than not. No matter what you're getting paid, that has to grate on you if you're someone like Wayne Rooney.

I'd be very surprised to see him here next season. More surprised than I was to see DDG stay beyond Summer 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jayo26 wrote: »
    José said he loves working for united and the only way he will leave is if the board want him.

Phew thankfully he aint going back to Madrid this summer :)

I hope the board make the right decision and hold onto him for the long run.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I hope the board make the right decision and hold onto him for the long run.

I dont think they will be any rush decisions he has two years left id expect them to wait until next January at the earliest to enter talks anything sooner is jumping them gun but so far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ye are wrong lads.

Jose has about 2.4 years left at the club.

After that he will be gone and we will be in tatters, even worse than after Moyes.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Ye are wrong lads.

Jose has about 2.4 years left at the club.

After that he will be gone and we will be in tatters, even worse than after Moyes.

Infairness it could just as easily happen. Who would of thought Chelsea would of turned sour so quick second time round?

All is roses now and long may it last and I do think it will last I think we will get the best years from him I feel he is at the club now where he can cement his legacy as one of the greatest of all times but it could easily take one disagreement to sour it so hopefully we enjoy him while we have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looking forward to seen how Bakayoko gets on tonight,a player the rags have linked with Utd for some time now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Ah secret agent Falcao to get a hat trick tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Really is sickening seeing City in the CL with such ****e crowds.

They don't deserve it.

Am I alone in wanting City, Arsenal and Spurs to have extended cup runs both domestically and in Europe to keep them occupied outside of the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Am I alone in wanting City, Arsenal and Spurs to have extended cup runs both domestically and in Europe to keep them occupied outside of the league?

Arsenal are as good as gone so forget about that, they are getting to an FA Cup semi final though so they will have to have Prem games rescheduled. With no CL football though that rescheduling should be easier.

Spurs just don't look able to Euro football yet. I don't know why but they seem unable to transfer what they do in the league over. I can see Gent getting past them with the lead.

City, we'll who cares what they do. They're always going to be in our shadows and are nothing more than the poor family that won the lotto and don't know what to do with it apart from look boorish.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-news-de-bruyne-12630699
    On United and Liverpool, he said: “You cannot compare us to them because we did not have the history in the Champions League. We need the same amount of time.

Too right Kevin, you don't have our history and you can't buy that for all the oil in Iran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Monaco's Silva is a bit of a class act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Headshot wrote: »
    Monaco's Silva is a bit of a class act

They have a couple of outstanding young players.
    Really good article in the Guardian about the set up.Can't link on phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement