Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭BenK

A Falcao hat trick to win it would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ara ****e on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

That was a clear peno on aguero earlier on. Big game changer.

Falcao magical finish as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Games like this are a perfect example why sin bins would be ideal to control the amount of cynical fouls and screaming in the face of the referee. Giving out yellow cards is not a fitting punishment and puts the game in danger of producing a red card when its not a dirty game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Headshot wrote: »
    Remember calls for Stones to be a utd player

lol

Go hang your head in shame

Get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Remember calls for Stones to be a utd player

lol

I blame you :P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    That was a clear peno on aguero earlier on. Big game changer.

Falcao magical finish as well

It wasn't clear at all otherwise there would not be such a debate on it.

Pity we didnt get sane. Gets better and better every time i see him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Pity we didn't get Sane and Mane, just for the craic.

• Advertisement

Probably go down as one of the best CL matches ever

Man utd 7-2 Roma

Amazing game. If only every match was like this.

We can't sign every player. Would you prefer him to Miki or martial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's very exciting to watch alright but the defending from both is comical.

And Harry Kaanay from Spurs.

jayo26 wrote: »
    We can't sign every player. Would you prefer him to Miki or martial?

I rthink he was taking the piss as they ryhme

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    I miss discussion on champions League nights which involve us

Laughing at other teams just holds no appeal for me

:rolleyes:

astradave wrote: »
    It wasn't clear at all otherwise there would not be such a debate on it.

Only a debate as the ref did not give it. It was a ridiculous decision

I actually ment to quote bangkok there damn it... I got the Sane and Mane joke ;)

Only a debate as the ref did not give it. It was a ridiculous decision

No if everyone was in agreement there would be no debate about it. As many seem to think it was a right call as a wrong one.

BenK wrote: »
    Watching this Monaco team, I wonder does Martial have any regrets?

Why would he, he is playing in a better team now, has a better manager, plays in a massive stadium every week and is at one of the biggest clubs in the world

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    No if everyone was in agreement there would be no debate about it. As many seem to think it was a right call as a wrong one.

If we are denied a peno in the cup final sunday for an incident the same as that i would be livid

If we are denied a peno in the cup final sunday for an incident the same as that i would be livid

I'm delighted for you.

Why would he, he is playing in a better team now, has a better manager, plays in a massive stadium every week and is at one of the biggest clubs in the world

There's a bit more to it than that in fairness.

The keeper got a touch on the ball before Aguero dived into him.. You are listening to biased pundits too much

BenK wrote: »
    There's a bit more to it than that in fairness.

Is there? Every player wants to play at the highest level possible. Man utd > monaco

The keeper got a touch on the ball before Aguero dived into him.. You are listening to biased pundits too much

The keeper got the slightest of touches doesnt mean it wasnt a peno. Prob the most clear cut peno you will ever see. Ref made a massive mistake

Is there? Every player wants to play at the highest level possible. Man utd > monaco

We'll he'd surely know a lot of those Monaco players, especially the younger ones. He's French too and they are in the Champions League, something United aren't certain to be in again next season. They also could win a league title this year. It's also arguable I think that United currently have a better team. They're clearly a team with decent potential too.

I'm only playing devil's advocate to be honest, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that those types of thoughts may have entered his head!

The keeper got the slightest of touches doesnt mean it wasnt a peno. Prob the most clear cut peno you will ever see. Ref made a massive mistake
    Absolute bullshìt of the highest order.. the keeper got a touch on the ball therefore wins the "challenge" way before he hits an already falling Aguero.. I commend the Referee for his decision..

Ref made a massive decision and made it correctly

Absolute bullshìt of the highest order.. the keeper got a touch on the ball therefore wins the "challenge" way before he hits an already falling Aguero.. I commend the Referee for his decision..

Ref made a massive decision and made it correctly

So by your're logic, if you get a touch on the ball you win the challenge even if you come flying out like he did?

So by your're logic, if you get a touch on the ball you win the challenge even if you come flying out like he did?

Yes if he is first to the ball he wins it.

• Advertisement

Yeah if he gets there first..

EDIT: Jayo got there first

Yes if he is first to the ball he wins it.

Getting the slighest of touches on the ball while taking a player out of it doesnt mean he wins the challenge.. if that challege happened anywhere else on the field its a free kick and a yellow card

Also aguero got there first, he kicked the ball around the keeper

That means I won it :)

Aguero dived, he clearly dived and I don't know how anybody actually thinks that was a penalty. The keeper got the ball, Aguero dropped himself over the keeper to simulate a foul, it was simulation, a dive, no penalty, full stop.

Getting the slighest of touches on the ball while taking a player out of it doesnt mean he wins the challenge.. if that challege happened anywhere else on the field its a free kick and a yellow card

It was a free kick and a yellow...

I actually ment to quote bangkok there damn it... I got the Sane and Mane joke ;)

I should of known you were better then that

He did not take the player out of it he went for the ball and got there first and augero dragged his trailing leg into the keeper.

Come on bangkok you know the player that touches the ball first anywhere on the pitch is regarded as the winner of the ball. It's a simple rule of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Christ you're infuriating...HE WON THE BALL.

It was not dangerous play with no studs showing. The fact that Aguero was falling down has no RELEVANCE.

HE WON THE ****ING BALL

Its a goal keepers nature to tackle like that, it's the same bloody way a striker can't just tackle a keeper in the conventional way. Have you not been watching football for the last 15 years?

• Advertisement

He did not take the player out of it he went for the ball and got there first and augero dragged his trailing leg into the keeper.

Come on bangkok you know the player that touches the ball first anywhere on the pitch is regarded as the winner of the ball. It's a simple rule of football.

Aguero touched the ball first!!! He was the one that kicked it around the keeper... look at again seriously

I was a little bit due to the similar names, but they actually are two very good players, and in fact they would both give us qualities that we actually need in our squad right now. Unlike some names linked they would have been a very good fit for us, it would be interesting in an alternate universe to see them both at United.

Aguero touched the ball first!!! He was the one that kicked it around the keeper... look at again seriously

He obviously didn't kick it around the keeper if the keeper won the ball.. he tried to kick it around the keeper but the keeper challenged and won the ball and he went on to a diving Aguero.. look at it again seriously.

Rio ferdinand utd legend said clear peno. Seen another reply of it in real time. 100% clear peno

Rio ferdinand utd legend said clear peno. Seen another reply of it in real time. 100% clear peno

Rio ferdinand English Bias.. just because he is a ex United player doesn't mean he doesn't want an English team to win and will favour them in his Bias like the rest of the BT panel

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Aguero kicks it onto the keepers toe. Usually I'm one to disagree with the logic that a keeper getting a touch automatically means no penalty but in this case I think it's the right decision. The keepers touch took it away from ageueros path so he wouldn't have scored if there was no subsequent contact.

• Advertisement

https://www.trollfootball.me/news/view/aguero-yellow-card-for-alleged-dive-vs-monaco

A video of the incident for anyone that missed it. Penos dont come much clearer that that imo

https://www.trollfootball.me/news/view/aguero-yellow-card-for-alleged-dive-vs-monaco

A video of the incident for anyone that missed it. Penos dont come much clearer that that imo

Yes, Yes they do..

Rio ferdinand English Bias.. just because he is a ex United player doesn't mean he doesn't want an English team to win and will favour them in his Bias like the rest of the BT panel

;)

Richard dunne is irish and he said he was a clear peno...:)

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Aguero kicks it onto the keepers toe. Usually I'm one to disagree with the logic that a keeper getting a touch automatically means no penalty but in this case I think it's the right decision. The keepers touch took it away from ageueros path so he wouldn't have scored if there was no subsequent contact.

The ball barely moved from the keepers touch.

Anyways back to United.. Romero for a 3rd game in a row tomorrow? will be interesting to see how strong a line up we go with. we know Martial is playing as he did the press conference with Jose and he has said that whichever player does the presser is a definite starter

Also.. really hope we go all out for Bernardo Silva.. really showed his class again tonight

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement