Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

astradave wrote: »
    Anyways back to United.. Romero for a 3rd game in a row tomorrow? will be interesting to see how strong a line up we go with. we know Martial is playing as he did the press conference with Jose and he has said that whichever player does the presser is a definite starter

Another 0-3 for United, I'll just have made it home for kick off tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Another 0-3 for United, I'll just have made it home for kick off tomorrow evening.

Heading in to work early myself so i can leave early to get home to watch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

For my money that's a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Looked like Aguero kicked the ball too far as it looked like the other defender was going to get to the ball even if Aguero did stay on his feet.

Yellow maybe a bit harsh but probably not a pen.

(The defender with yellow boots)

• astradave wrote: »
    Anyways back to United.. Romero for a 3rd game in a row tomorrow? will be interesting to see how strong a line up we go with. we know Martial is playing as he did the press conference with Jose and he has said that whichever player does the presser is a definite starter

Also.. really hope we go all out for Bernardo Silva.. really showed his class again tonight

Finally someone says it!
    Got to say Romero is such a strong keeper to have as back up to De Gea
    Been really impressed with him whenever he has featured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Lots of reports circulating that Rooney is off to China next week for a million per week.

All stemming from Jose's press consference

• astradave wrote: »
    All stemming from Jose's press consference

And the daily fail wheel spins again!
    1 million, next week! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Lots of reports circulating that Rooney is off to China next week for a million per week.

30m is the offer as well by all accounts

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    And the daily fail wheel spins again!
    1 million, next week! Lol

Well the Chinese transfer window closes next week so that why.. tbh I'd snap 30m straight outta their hands for him.. though I would prefer at the end of the season but I wouldn't begrudge him the move now since he isn't playing

Seems to be the mirror and the Sun reporting it properly.. haven't seen it properly reported anywhere else..

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/834169242488561668

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I'd say let him go. Sometimes old legendary players need to go. Thanks for all the years but goodbye. You don't want him becoming a liability and ya know, fall at a pretty important time :p (or get a red card against your biggest rivals within a minute of coming on). Hes done mega work for United but I feel the writing has been on the wall for this season and last

BMMachine wrote: »
    I'd say let him go. Sometimes old legendary players need to go. Thanks for all the years but goodbye. You don't want him becoming a liability and ya know, fall at a pretty important time :p (or get a red card against your biggest rivals within a minute of coming on). Hes done mega work for United but I feel the writing has been on the wall for this season and last

Someone's been hacked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Anyone else feel a bit sour if Rooney leaves just after breaking Sir Bobby's record by the bare minimum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lukekul wrote: »
    Anyone else feel a bit sour if Rooney leaves just after breaking Sir Bobby's record by the bare minimum?

Nope. It's not lot like he's going to add another 50 on top of it if he's stays until the end of his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That game tonight will surely be an infamous game in history for the schoolboy defending from both sides.

On Rooney leaving just past the record he could have told them he would leave if they gave him the record, or you wouldnt be surprised if he had it in his contract.

I hope the details of that contract never emerge, to imagine what a desperate Moyes & Woody threw at him to get him to stay. I have a hunch he might be taking home far more each week from the club than what is stated. Will be interesting to see the effect on the books when/if he leaves.

Tomorrow is the type of game he is in the squad for, if he doesnt play we may as well send him on his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Building our war chest for the summer transfer season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The morning papers also saying that Blind will leave in the Summer and Lindeldorf will be his replacement.

In other news,Tevez wants to go home to Argentina already... Who'd have thought that with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

zerks wrote:
    In other news,Tevez wants to go home to Argentina already... Who'd have thought that with him.

Isn't there a clause in his contract where he has to stay for two years minimum or hes to repay all wages bonuses etc

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Isn't there a clause in his contract where he has to stay for two years minimum or hes to repay all wages bonuses etc

Yeah,I think I posted the details of it before. I think any transfer fee has to be repaid too.

RobertKK wrote: »

Oh you little tease you Theo
    If only you didn't do it everyday we'd get more excited
    Now get convincing your brother his new home is Manchester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Tomorrow is the type of game he is in the squad for, if he doesnt play we may as well send him on his way.
    He hasn't even travelled. Although I see its a injury that's left him still not match fit that's the official reason.

• brinty wrote: »
    Oh you little tease you Theo
    If only you didn't do it everyday we'd get more excited
    Now get convincing your brother his new home is Manchester

Wasn't he winging about people getting on to him about Utd last week even though it's him fluting around with his tweets? Such nonsense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Sky saying this morning rooney has offers from china but wont be leaving this month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

bangkok wrote: »
    Sky saying this morning rooney has offers from china but wont be leaving this month

Fox news says Rooney won't go cause he hates chicken balls and 3in1s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Nalz wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ugh that face

Nalz wrote:

These are in fact alternative facts

I believe Wayne loves chicken balls and a 3 in 1 and dines on them regularly in Sam Platt's

This may also be an #alternativefact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

brinty wrote: »
    These are in fact alternative facts

I believe Wayne loves chicken balls and a 3 in 1 and dines on them regularly in Sam Platt's

This may also be an #alternativefact

the thoughts of ordering food from Sam Platts :eek:

Jayop wrote: »
    Ugh that face

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

So do the Chinese, he'd fit right in :pac:

the thoughts of ordering food from Sam Platts :eek:

Are cans of Kronenburg not food? :)

• zerks wrote: »
    Are cans of Kronenburg not food? :)

Last time I was there it was tennents

Wasn't he winging about people getting on to him about Utd last week even though it's him fluting around with his tweets? Such nonsense!

Probably on the beer last night and forgot all about it :pac: Theo is harmless in fairness.. he is just like a normal United fan on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think it is way more likely he waits til the summer and goes to the MLS. I do believe his 'people' have checked out the China offers and looked at it from a personal/living perspective - but I just can't see him going to China.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tianjin's manager confirmed they approached...uh...despite not suiting their style

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/834318375815938050

I'd say Mitch is right about Rooney waiting till summer. Unless he decides to go out there for a few months and then move again in the summer.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Tianjin's manager confirmed they approached...uh...despite not suiting their style

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/834318375815938050

I'd say Mitch is right about Rooney waiting till summer. Unless he decides to go out there for a few months and then move again in the summer.

So in other words "we approached Rooney but he turned us down so we decided that he didn't suit our style" :D

Gas man Fabio.. if he is off to MLS in th3 summer we can forget about getting anything for him.. think he has 18 months left on his contract now. We will probably alow him to leave for free to America or for a small fee to a team in England and free up the wages

Early kick off this evening for those lucky enough to see it,ye feckers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102702608#post102702608

Manchester United considered signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan before he joined Borussia Dortmund with Sir Alex Ferguson a fan of his ability, according to his former assistant Rene Meulensteen.

Mkhitaryan is thriving under Jose Mourinho after a £27million summer move from the Bundesliga club but his arrival at Old Trafford could have happened much sooner had the stars aligned under Ferguson.

Meulensteen, who formed part of Ferguson's backroom team during his pomp, says he remembers watching Mkhitaryan at Ukrainian outfit Shakhtar Donetsk before Ferguson decided against a bid because he did not think the midfielder was ready.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4248758/Man-United-news-Alex-Ferguson-eyed-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan.html#ixzz4ZQ8yHJsT
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

zerks wrote: »

Europa on a Wednesday? May leave work a few mins earlier

I will be peddling like billy-o from work this evening, thankfully it's a 10 minute cycle so we better not score too early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will miss the first half - if it was a bigger game I would get home for it but I'm not too bothered about this match, not enough to skip the gym.

Will miss the first half - if it was a bigger game I would get home for it but I'm not too bothered about this match, not enough to skip the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

zerks wrote: »

I'm off work sick so will get to catch it all.

I'm not expecting much of anything from it but once we get through it with no injuries then happy days.

Mark Ogden stating the obvious.

https://twitter.com/MarkOgden_/status/834405769231622145
    No deal in place for Rooney to go to China. Will only happen before Feb 28 if United get an offer they can't refuse. Nothing on the table.

• Nice-one if we could end the tie early with a couple of quick goals
    Then chill

Will get to see the first 15 minutes.

Then it will be driving up to Dublin with regular checks of Livescore :pac:

Happy we're going in already 3-0 up. I just cannot see us conceeding 3 goals, and if we do, it will be because we were on the offense, so will hopefully grab an away goal or two as well.

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Will get to see the first 15 minutes.

Then it will be driving up to Dublin with regular checks of Livescore :pac:

Happy we're going in already 3-0 up. I just cannot see us conceeding 3 goals, and if we do, it will be because we were on the offense, so will hopefully grab an away goal or two as well.

Some laugh if Jack Whitehall called you up on stage for a roasting because you were watching the match on your android :pac:

• Advertisement

Some laugh if Jack Whitehall called you up on stage for a roasting because you were watching the match on your android :pac:

iPhone 4 lyfe :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement