Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Ah fcuk off referee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

That was soft. They've been flinging themselves on the ground all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    We may win this game but we wont win the next with these players missing.

We won the last 3 matches without Carrick..

Mkhi is a worry alright but we don't know the extent of it and we are well stocked in the attacking wide roles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

He out of cup final now or is it s Euro ban? This is turning into a feckin disaster no need for Jose to pick this strong a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What a brutal decision, looked like a clear case he won the ball.

Referee being really poor giving so many soft free kicks etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Jesus bailly son
    No need to gave done that

Zot alors Herr Basti
    Wunderbar

He out of cup final now or is it s Euro ban? This is turning into a feckin disaster no need for Jose to pick this strong a team.

EL only

Oh dailly you sexy little tease making a run like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pogba is such a class player, gonna be a utd legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Miki limping down the steps there....Balls if he's injured for the weekend.

Credit to the St Etienne fans. They have been class

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Clean sheet home and away in Europe and 4 goals. Perfect

astradave wrote:
    Credit to the St Etienne fans. They have been class

Great to see

• statto25 wrote: »
    Miki limping down the steps there....Balls if he's injured for the weekend.

I'm raging
    Limping with hamstring means at least 10 days I'd guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Professional display from us tonight. Hopefully the injury to micky is nothing too serious. Bailly didn't deserve the 2nd yellow. #GGMU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Never nice to see a player pick up an injury especially one that might keep them out of a cup final but I'd be happier to see one of our wide players sit out a few games versus an Ibra or a Pogba at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Maybe he will be at a lot more games next season???

https://twitter.com/theogriezmann/status/834444527377186820

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Carrick and Miki out for Sunday is a right kick in the bollix. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

madcabbage wrote: »
    Carrick and Miki out for Sunday is a right kick in the bollix. :(

Well covered though,Herrera and Martial will probably come back in to the team

So Bailly misses the next Europa match, and when he returns he is just one yellow away from missing another game according to the rules.

That second yellow wasn't a foul, let alone a card. Bullshít.

Also, the St. Etienne fans are passionate, great to see, but fúck them and their shít flares and constant booing. Would have loved for Zlatan to get one near the end and do the 'hush' celebration. Better still, not even acknowledge them.

Pogba is scary on the ball at times. Before he even hit that long pass to Ibra near the end, I could tell he was not only looking for the killer pass but more importantly was capable of making it. Great to be able to have that confidence in a player, and the chemistry and understanding between he and Zlatan is building nicely. Offside though? Not by a yard. More bullshít.

Job done, but I'm a little pissed at some poor officiating. The linesman made a clanger with that offside call, and the St. Etienne players had the ref wrapped around their finger. Still though, it's nice that anytime we seem to be complaining about poor officiating these days, we still got the win anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Arrived home not knowing the score to find miki and Carrick are out of Sunday well that's just no good

Them skills from Pogba and the smile on his face...

https://streamable.com/ywcgp

Jose post-match interview...

He's not confident of Mkhi or Carrick being available for Sunday. "With 3 days, the hamstring and the calf, even if it's a minor injury, 3 days no time"

When asked about Bailly's second booking: "That boy, Hamouma, with good qualities and a good player he is, he enjoyed too much the diving and simulation".

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    What's all this about him not living up to the hype. He is United's record goalscorer and Englands. You'd swear he hung up his boots at 25. Maybe he could have kept himself in better shape etc but he hardly wasted his talent.

I never said he wasted his talent. The United record is good, I don't think much of the England one though tbh - he has the record more by persistence and consistency than anything else, there is a big list of better English strikers imo.
    Just he didn't live up to how hyped he actually was. he was billed as this big world beating super player on par with the likes of Ronaldhino and Henry at the time - much like Michael Owen was before him, and Paul Gascoigne before that. His record speaks for itself, a sh*tload of goals and trophies, my point was that hype machine in the British press is pretty awful and generally counter productive. Rooney did exactly as good as Rooney did, which is pretty great to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Aye it was nothing more than persistence and consistency that got him the United record. Just averaging under a goal every second game.

Thank God the record isn't with that other charlatan (spelt like that on purpose) who only lucked his way to the record with 211 more games and a record around 1 in 3.

Wayne also has a better gpg ratio than Charlton for England. .

He also had just about the same gpg record as shearer for England. Only Linekar of the top recent players has a significantly better ratio.

I'd love to know the "big list" of better English strikers than him too.

Let's compare him to Henry one who you mentioned.

More intl goals in less games.
    Roughly the same goals per games over the career if you exclude Henry at new york redbulls. 0.42 v 0.46
    Major club titles...
    Rooney 14 and still playing
    Henry 15 including 2 at Monaco.

Yeah one fulfilled his potential more than the other....

Basically the entire post was nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Jayop wrote: »
    I'd love to know the "big list" of better English strikers than him too.

Shearer probably the only one better than him for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Johner wrote: »

And Andy Carroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The record should not be focused on taking anything away from Charlton or used to debate who was better I feel privileged to have been a united fan at a time when we had rooney in his prime years and he fully deserved the record. Yes he stuttered over the line and yes he didn't always do things that was right but he was a phenomenal player for us.

Bobby played more in attacking midfield then Wayne did but rooney played all over the park for united through put his career the players that are debatable ahead of him played in a specific role and didn't win half as much as rooney.

Johner wrote: »

For England only Linekar. In the league only Shearer. And don't forget that shearers record was as high because the whole team at every club was set up to service him. Ffs he scored 56 pens in the league. I doubt Rooney has 15 pens.

Edit. As of a year ago he had 18 pens.

jayo26 wrote: »
    The record should not be focused on taking anything away from Charlton or used to debate who was better I feel privileged to have been a united fan at a time when we had rooney in his prime years and he fully deserved the record. Yes he stuttered over the line and yes he didn't always do things that was right but he was a phenomenal player for us.

Bobby played more in attacking midfield then Wayne did but rooney played all over the park for united through put his career the players that are debatable ahead of him played in a specific role and didn't win half as much as rooney.

I was being ironic with the dig at Charlton. Of course he was amazing. The record speaks for itself.

Apparently for some Rooneys record doesn't and it's only good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Daley Blind I hate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Daley Blind I hate you.

???

I was being ironic with the dig at Charlton. Of course he was amazing. The record speaks for itself.

Apparently for some Rooneys record doesn't and it's only good.

I know you were but it's not the first time it's come up here even by our own fans. It's nonsense people use the transfer saga as a stick to beat him as if that should lesson his talents that he once possessed.

Daley Blind I hate you.

is she making you buy a wig or the whole mask, whatever happened that soup cat

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

16 year old (17 in late june) Lee o Connor from Waterford came on for u23s tonight, serious talent.
    Has been superb this season so far for youths.

• Advertisement

kayevajo wrote: »
    16 year old (17 in late june) Lee o Connor from Waterford came on for u23s tonight, serious talent.

Great to hear. Hate not having an irish player in the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

( Arsenal fan here ) Lee is a great player . Very versatile full-back can also play in midfield :) without a doubt will see him in the Ireland squad in the next few years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

is she making you buy a wig or the whole mask, whatever happened that soup cat

Can you get masks?

Didn't help when I joked "You'd have to be Blind to fancy you ".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kayevajo wrote: »

Was just reading about him there,he is making serious strides in a short space of time at the club

Great to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Can you get masks?

Didn't help when I joked "You'd have to be Blind to fancy you ".

Well played ya gob****e (smiley face)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Aye it was nothing more than persistence and consistency that got him the United record. Just averaging under a goal every second game.

Thank God the record isn't with that other charlatan (spelt like that on purpose) who only lucked his way to the record with 211 more games and a record around 1 in 3.

Wayne also has a better gpg ratio than Charlton for England. .

missing the point to try and get digs in. Im still wrong about the gloryhunting though right.
    Im being honest and objective but you still have to try and find ways of cheapening what im saying but yeah, whatever.

I think Alan Shearer, Jimmy Greaves and Gary Linekar were all better strikers. Persistence and consistency isn't actually that bad a thing either if you think about what Im saying instead of gut reacting to it because you feel the need to defend something you are only imagining. Its amazing the way the mind works for some people

• Advertisement

BMMachine wrote: »
    missing the point to try and get digs in. Im still wrong about the gloryhunting though right.
    Im being honest and objective but you still have to try and find ways of cheapening what im saying but yeah, whatever.

I think Alan Shearer, Jimmy Greaves and Gary Linekar were all better strikers. Persistence and consistency isn't actually that bad a thing either if you think about what Im saying instead of gut reacting to it because you feel the need to defend something you are only imagining. Its amazing the way the mind works for some people

You see much of greaves did you?

You're bull****ting and your caught out. You said he only had the record because of longevity when he has a better goal scoring ratio than a lot of the others he's beat.

Shearer for England wasn't great, Linekar was.

Basically you're trying to get cheap shots in and you won't get away with it.

Spice boy wannabe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rooney for the fantastic career he had both with England and Utd still didn't fulfill his potential imo.

He had all the tools to be one of the games all time greats. Unbelievable strength, pace, finishing, a will to win, a brilliant football brain and a great skill set. I still maintain that no 10 or at least the withdrawn striker upon a from two was his best and most natural position.

He really could have been in or close to the Messi Ronaldo bracket of elite player but t didn't materialise for a number of reasons.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to say he didn't fulfill his potential. Saying it isn't denying what he achieved at Utd or England but he can still have both those fantastic records and still have his potential unfulfilled. That's more a nod to the talent that he showed and had early in his career than a dig at him.

adox wrote: »
    Rooney for the fantastic career he had both with England and Utd still didn't fulfill his potential imo.

He had all the tools to be one of the games all time greats. Unbelievable strength, pace, finishing, a will to win, a brilliant football brain and a great skill set. I still maintain that no 10 or at least the withdrawn striker upon a from two was his best and most natural position.

He really could have been in or close to the Messi Ronaldo bracket of elite player but t didn't materialise for a number of reasons.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to say he didn't fulfill his potential. Saying it isn't denying what he achieved at Utd or England but he can still have both those fantastic records and still have his potential unfulfilled. That's more a nod to the talent that he showed and had early in his career than a dig at him.

I really don't think it's a case of unfulfilled potential he was never going to be a ronaldo or messi it was just the fans and press building him Up. He never was going to be a consistent plus 30 goals a season striker his game was never suited to it he always liked dropping deeper.

A measure of Rooney is he broke a scoring record in a team that was winning titles galore apart from his last 3 years but he had the bulk of the work done by then. He was good enough to be a major player for the club for near ten years and won just about everything in the game.

Id say that is fulfilled potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

jayo26 wrote: »
    I really don't think it's a case of unfulfilled potential he was never going to be a ronaldo or messi it was just the fans and press building him Up.

I think he could have been up there with the very best, and its not because the media told me so, its because he had the quality. We all know why it didn't happen, but it could have happened and its a shame it didn't.

I also disagree that he wouldn't have been a consistent 30+ a season striker, he absolutely would have been had he been played there. I believe that had Rooney been more selfish and stronger willed about being an actual striker he would have smashed these goal scoring records years ago.

I think he could have been up there with the very best, and its not because the media told me so, its because he had the quality. We all know why it didn't happen, but it could have happened and its a shame it didn't.

I also disagree that he wouldn't have been a consistent 30+ a season striker, he absolutely would have been had he been played there. I believe that had Rooney been more selfish and stronger willed about being an actual striker he would have smashed these goal scoring records years ago.

But that's not his game he was never going to be a selfish striker and pretty Much anytime he was played as an out and out striker it didn't work out for the team. He was a deep lying forward and attacked from deep but also got on the end of stuff when the ball was played into the box.

What did rooney do in his first couple of years that made you think this lad is going to be the best on the world? And what do you think he should of achieved?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement