Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Is it wrong im hoping they come back and get a replay?! :) Puts more miles on their clock.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GSPfan wrote: »
    Liverpool are really struggling. 2-0 to Wolves.

Shut up! Don't jinx it ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Might put a bet on for Liverpool to win so I have a win win win from the 3 possible scenarios.

Liverpool win - money
    Draw - extra game for Liverpool
    Wolves win - Dustin the Turkey rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »

I just threw a fiver on liverpool to win, theres the anti-jinx :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He can't jinx it sure A loss is Hilarious, a draw is fantastic and a win keeps them busy too how could you loose?

• Advertisement

I want to jinx it. Dont want them having less games.

Quite happy to see them knocked out of a second competition in a week. That sort of thing massively hurts moral, especially when you're knocked out by teams below your level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This would be morale crushing for them if they go out. I'd rather that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You can't lose finals if you're not in them I guess.

Lets say they lose today, thats 3 home loses in a row with Chelsea up next. Wonder when the last time they lost 3 or 4 home games in a row was. It'd be nice for Klopp to break a few long standing records like Moyes did.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    This would be morale crushing for them if they go out. I'd rather that.

Ah Id rather they get a replay to be honest. Its still a kick in the morale not beating wolves at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Ah Id rather they get a replay to be honest. Its still a kick in the morale not beating wolves at home.

Getting a draw from 2-0 down could actually restore morale. Never give up etc, character, etc. The best result is they get beaten here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Utd's form is bad in the last few games. Need a win against Wigan or the schadenfreude is on us.

Klopps interview will be epic after this. He's having meltdowns here because they didn't get penalties after dived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Liverpool remind me of a slightly higher tempo LVG team.

Lots of passing around, possession and few shots on goal.

Jayop wrote: »
    Klopps interview will be epic after this. He's having meltdowns here because they didn't get penalties after dived.

I'm not watching the game but how bad is it?

I've been amazed by how many penalties they've been getting this season. They must go looking for them.

Utd players don't even bother appealing after a foul in the box now.

This is a good game. Glad i watched it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Korat wrote: »

I've been amazed by how many penalties they've been getting this season. They must go looking for them.

Been watching since the second half and they've had one appeal which was as big a dive as you're likely to see.

No bias either, it was blatant.

In fairness to Liverpool they get a lot of players in the box to get their penalties. Yeah they get gifted a lot but if Zlatan Martial and Mkhitaryan got in or stayed in the box a lot more then we'd probably get more penalties.

astradave wrote: »
    I just threw a fiver on liverpool to win, theres the anti-jinx :D

Well thats a Win win :D

• Advertisement

Korat wrote: »

Three dives with big appeals. Absolutely pathetic from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I just hope we beat Wigan which should be expected, but eggs shouldn't be counted before they hatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Who will Klopp blame for this loss?
    Interview should be entertaining .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

When we were going through a bad patch earlier in the season,the media were lapping it up

Will Klopp get the same treatment now after what has been a disaster of a month for him

I doubt it.

When we were going through a bad patch earlier in the season,the media were lapping it up

Will Klopp get the same treatment now after what has been a disaster of a month for him

I doubt it.

Thats cause we're a much bigger club so we get more attention! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I doubt it.

Doesn't bother me at all.
    Can't be critical of Pool or the usual suspects will cry foul.

Klopp has done a wonderful job up until a few weeks ago to have Pool in that position. They have very little quality in the squad overall.
    He needs to regroup now and get a few wins or their season could really die off in the next 5/6 weeks.They have no hope of winning anything now so need to consolidate a CL spot or the season will have been a huge failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

407683.jpg

Jaysus that was some windy in Anfield today.

article-1215061-0687862C000005DC-437_306x423.jpg

Karate Kid II

• Advertisement

Spurs currently losing 2-0 at home to Wycombe.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Spurs currently losing 2-0 at home to Wycombe.

If them and Pool go out today, would be brilliant. Makes the competition much more winnable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lord TSC wrote:
    If them and Pool go out today, would be brilliant. Makes the competition much more winnable.

Counter point
    Less for them to concentrate on
    Consolidate league position s
    More rested

brinty wrote: »
    Counter point
    More rested

Spurs are in the Thursday cup too it be grand.

Counter point
    More rested

I would worry about form rather than number of games. Look at Liverpool, a bad run of form has knocked them out of two cup competitions and the form makes winning the PL look extremely unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Not sure if posted already but good interview with Warren Joyce in the indo. Absolutely bang on in what he says about young players these days and also in his criticism of Pogba.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/pogba-always-wanted-to-be-the-best-but-he-keeps-having-stupid-haircuts-35404853.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Not sure if posted already but good interview with Warren Joyce in the indo. Absolutely bang on in what he says about young players these days and also in his criticism of Pogba.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/pogba-always-wanted-to-be-the-best-but-he-keeps-having-stupid-haircuts-35404853.html

I completely forgot about James Wilson until now.

This dustin the turkey is going to get serious milage.

Counter point
    More rested

Meh. I've never massively agreed with the concept that top squads can't handle an extra game or two over the season. Looking at the Spurs team today, it looks a second string team; their first team players are still getting rested regardless.

Meh. I've never massively agreed with the concept that top squads can't handle an extra game or two over the season. Looking at the Spurs team today, it looks a second string team; their first team players are still getting rested regardless.

Liverpool have just proven they couldn't handle the extra games cause their squad is weak. But, You don't need a top squad if you are knocked out of every competition. Liverpool now can go back to 1 game a week with loads of time to prepare and recover. They will use the same 11 to 14 players and finish the season strong if they don't get a serious amount of injuries.

Spurs have put out a second string side because they don't have a strong squad and can't risk tiring out their first 11. Hopefully they draw and have to travel for a replay.

Considering we are still in 4 competitions and Liverpool are in 1, I can guarantee you it gives them an advantage over us now for the rest of the season.

Liverpool have just proven they couldn't handle the extra games cause their squad is weak. But, You don't need a top squad if you are knocked out of every competition. Liverpool now can go back to 1 game a week with loads of time to prepare and recover. They will use the same 11 to 14 players and finish the season strong if they don't get a serious amount of injuries.

Spurs have put out a second string side because they don't have a strong squad and can't risk tiring out their first 11. Hopefully they draw and have to travel for a replay.

Considering we are still in 4 competitions and Liverpool are in 1, I can guarantee you it gives them an advantage over us now for the rest of the season.

Yeah they may have a slight advantage in the league, but we actually have a lot of squad depth and can rest players for cup games and still put out a decent side.

And a bigger point is we can win things this year, you know the whole point in playing football whereas bar an outside (aka no) chance in the league it's another barren season from them.

I'd rather be where we are right now.

• Advertisement

Yeah they may have a slight advantage in the league, but we actually have a lot of squad depth and can rest players for cup games and still put out a decent side.

And a bigger point is we can win things this year, you know the whole point in playing football whereas bar an outside (aka no) chance in the league it's another barren season from them.

I'd rather be where we are right now.

The preparation is the key. And what games is Zlatan rested for exactly?

Id rather be in all 4 competitions just like you but that is not the point at all and you know it. It's about whether it will have an effect on our ability to overtake Liverpool and get into the top 4.

To be honest id rather a top 4 finish over an efl or fa cup win this season. Finishing in a Europa League spots will harm everything for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Feckin spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That Spurs match sounded amazing!

Looks like they have won it at the very end as well 4-3 now.

The preparation is the key. And what games is Zlatan rested for exactly?

Id rather be in all 4 competitions just like you but that is not the point at all and you know it. It's about whether it will have an effect on our ability to overtake Liverpool and get into the top 4.

To be honest id rather a top 4 finish over an efl or fa cup win this season. Finishing in a Europa League spots will harm everything for next season.

I acknowledged in my first line he has a point. It's an advantage for them in the league but not a huge advantage.

I'd take trophies every time over finishing in the top 4. That's what's happened arsenal, concentrate everything on the top 4 trophy and with some of their best teams in history they managed what, 1 cup in about ten years.

I honestly would hope that no United fan if offered to swap places now with Liverpool would do so. We're still in with a great chance of CL next season either by league or winning El. We're in the final of the league Cup and still in the cup that we're defending.

Bar the few bad performances lately we've a lot to be optimistic about.

That Spurs match sounded amazing!

Looks like they have won it at the very end as well 4-3 now.

96 minutes and 10 seconds. Great game.

I acknowledged in my first line he has a point. It's an advantage for them in the league but not a huge advantage.

I'd take trophies every time over finishing in the top 4. That's what's happened arsenal, concentrate everything on the top 4 trophy and with some of their best teams in history they managed what, 1 cup in about ten years.

I honestly would hope that no United fan if offered to swap places now with Liverpool would do so. We're still in with a great chance of CL next season either by league or winning El. We're in the final of the league Cup and still in the cup that we're defending.

Bar the few bad performances lately we've a lot to be optimistic about.

I wouldn't swapwith Liverpool either as I am glad we are still in the Europa League and want to win it but if I was offered top 4 right now and no trophies id take it. We wouldnt end up like Arsenal either as their fault was due to finance restriction. We are gonna spend big but Champions League football is a draw we need.

I post the link to The actual press conference yesterday he went into great detail on all his points.

Seems Dizzy has found his shooting boots

Welbz :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

We should have never sold him :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement