Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

Great result but it was a pretty poor performance. We looked lost in midfield and anytime Southampton got near the goal we looked like conceding but it's a fantastic result considering the fixture congestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Jayop wrote: »
    44 major trophies. 65 if you include the charity shield.

Amazing.

What qualifies as a major trophy? I'm sure the lemons will be on soon with their own favourable definition.
    For me domestic league, FA cup and league cup, European cup, cup winners cup, uefa cup and the fifa world club.
    Now 42-41 in our favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I hope Ibrahimovic retires at the end of the season and goes out on a high.

I'd say he would want one last crack at the European cup as he's never won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

paulbok wrote: »
    What qualifies as a major trophy? I'm sure the lemons will be on soon with their own favourable definition.
    For me domestic league, FA cup and league cup, European cup, cup winners cup, uefa cup and the fifa world club.
    Now 42-41 in our favour

Intercontinental cup (old world club cup) and I'd also allow the super cup. I know it's like the shield but it's a prestigious event too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man this victory today is hurting a lot more people then I thought.

At this rate I might have to get out the popcorn.

Hmmmm popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Does miki get a medal?

Hococop wrote: »
    Does miki get a medal?

I presume they all would. I could be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

KH25 wrote: »
    'I came, that's special'

Gas man.

He has me creaming most weekends ;)

Really good cup final. Some terrible performances, the team didn't play great but will put it down to Southampton playing well and being fresher. A great grind to win

Some general concerns in the squad but who wants to do that now. Very good finish to my weekend, and the Chinese hasn't even arrived yet!

One major point I took away was who the **** was hat Southampton striker, what is his age and I must keep an eye. Incredible finishing and movement in the box. Linkup play top notch. Real throwback striker.

Delighted when I saw him going off and Shane Long coming on, the useless ****e ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Unfortunately I think we are going to have a few more performances like that before the end of the season.

Southampton were tactically spot on they had two weeks to prepair for it and they pressed us the entire game and we were shaken by that even with the 2 goal lead but as soon as they started to tire in the last 20 mins or so we came into it.

End of the day as long as we keep winning and grinding out results i dont really care now we have a week to regroup and go again then a few players have the international break off to have a break.

• Advertisement

Just remembered I was at the 2009 final. Ended up going to pub owned by man from Donegal somewhere around Stratford and we were drinking their till 6.30am playing Stone Roses songs on dukebox.

Whats scary is that was 8 years ago. Feels like about 2 or 3. Im getting old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

TheDoc wrote: »
    He has me creaming most weekends ;)

Really good cup final. Some terrible performances, the team didn't play great but will put it down to Southampton playing well and being fresher. A great grind to win

Some general concerns in the squad but who wants to do that now. Very good finish to my weekend, and the Chinese hasn't even arrived yet!

One major point I took away was who the **** was hat Southampton striker, what is his age and I must keep an eye. Incredible finishing and movement in the box. Linkup play top notch. Real throwback striker.

Delighted when I saw him going off and Shane Long coming on, the useless ****e ;)

Near sure he was starting for Napoli after Milik got injured and was that poor they moved Mertens up front instead, Looks unreal since he's signed some movement

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Near sure he was starting for Napoli after Milik got injured and was that poor they moved Mertens up front instead, Looks unreal since he's signed some movement

Nah mertens is just a lethal player and gabiadini couldn't get in the team he is having a phenomenal season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

adox wrote: »
    I still reckon he has another season in him.

He does alright it's just I like seeing great players go out as great players and we don't have to endure watching them decline.

He does alright it's just I like seeing great players go out as great players and we don't have to endure watching them decline.

The way Zlatan plays the game I think he has at least one more season in him. If we have players making the runs around him and he just has his usual one or two sprints a game I can't see why he would not survive at least one more season.

I also don't think he would sign up for another season if he felt he wasn't able for it, the man has nearly 40 full games for us already and looks so fresh.

• I'm so happy, I love you all lads
    Sound as a pound
    Come on ta **** united Yesssssssss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

We scored 3 on a team that hadn't let in a goal throughout the competition and had 2 weeks to prepare while we had 4 matches in 11 days..

Happy out

swanson-dance.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nah mertens is just a lethal player and gabiadini couldn't get in the team he is having a phenomenal season.

Moved from lw though

• Advertisement

Great win and all that but where is the Scarlett , Kate and Rachel gifs???

Will a mata gif do?

HuOThyA3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Hococop wrote: »
    Does miki get a medal?

I presume they all would. I could be wrong
    I think only today's squad get one

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Moved from lw though

Not the first time he would of played threw the middle last year too he was put out to the wing to make way for Milik or whatever his name is.

I'm not saying gabiadini was brilliant or anything Im just saying mertens made it impossible for him to get near the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Haven't been on here all day. Just caught up on this thread now, going to get in a nice hot bath now and read the match thread.

Had a debate on a bookface page a rival(pool) fan saying united are terrible because they didn't dominate the game and didn't deserve to win but it made me think when was the last time we dominated any cup final? Even under fergie did we actually dominate any finals? A lot of them were pure smash and grab.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Smalling's 'beard' is fúcking horrendous! :pac:

Had a debate on a bookface page a rival(pool) fan saying united are terrible because they didn't dominate the game and didn't deserve to win but it made me think when was the last time we dominated any cup final? Even under fergie did we actually dominate any finals? A lot of them were pure smash and grab.....

League cup against wigan was the last really comfortable one. 4 1 back in 2006 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Dominated the FA Cup final in 05 against Arsenal.

And lost

League cup against wigan was the last really comfortable one. 4 1 back in 2006 I think.

We rarely make it easy anyway.

We rarely make it easy anyway.

Yep, that one and an fa cup against Chelsea in 94 where 3 quick goals in the second half put it to bed are the only ones that I can remember.

Look at all 3 European cups we have, one in extra time, one we were losing with a minute to play and one on pens.

It's always a drama with United in finals.

• Advertisement

Chelsea 1994
    Newcastle 1999.
    Wigan 2006.

Games we were lucky to win
    Bayern 1999 obvious one
    Spurs 2009
    Villa 2010 both 50/50

You could even mention CL 2008 but in saying that we should have been least 2 up at half time.
    Chelsea hit bar twice but we also had one cleared off line.

Amyway finals are not meant be dominated. Usually playing teams who deserve to be in finals

The 77 FA cup final was the same,a deflected Macari shot off Greenhoff for the winner. The 83, 85 and 90 finals all had hurdles to cross before we won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Haven't been on here all day. Just caught up on this thread now, going to get in a nice hot bath now and read the match thread.

U deserve it hun.

xoxo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Would make a great sig

7EzY4P1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Dominated the FA Cup final in 05 against Arsenal.

And lost

That was tough to take

Scholes launched his peno or hit the bar I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Just in

Thought we were basically dog**** for much of that game barring a couple of moments here and there, full credit to Southampton though they played really well for the most part, tactically knew just how to get at us and the intensity they played with was great.

Ibra.

A win is a win, and one that gets you a cup is a most welcome one.

Onward and upward, better performances are needed going forward

Edit:

Similar to Flint I will be having a nice hot shower now and then I will be expecting some gold from that match thread!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Rod Munch wrote: »
    U deserve it hun.

xoxo

It was glorious. Everything I thought it would be and more.

Special shout out to Jayop. I've a sore thumb from thanking his posts.

Lol I was like boards equivalent of Zlatan today.

Lol I was like boards equivalent of Zlatan today.

Went into your profile to see whar Flint was on about.

Thank God for that GAA match being called off ;)

• Advertisement

You love me. You really love me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Wasn't confident at HT. Thought United looked really leggy. The introduction of Carrick helped shore up midfield as Pogba isn't really that aware of who runs behind him when he plays there.

Thought United did very well in keeping possession at times in the second half and killed the pace of the game. Had to be done given how fresher Southampton looked.

The squad deserve their few days off.

Very good win, happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

1st of 3 trophies in the bag :D

Now to read the match thread for the saltiness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Back from the pub too M!ck? Had a nice few pints meself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Pogba jumping on Ibrahamovic back after scoring goals should be banned .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

It's not often I read through match threads here but today's brought me joy! So so salty :D
    Also loving M!CK^'s work there, some good posts!

I'm delighted with the cup, great to keep momentum going and get some silverware :) I was also surprised to learn that Jose is the first United manager to win a trophy on his first season. :D long may it continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Our left side got a roasting today, really hoping Shaw gets it together soon.

when Pogba and Herrera play in a two man midfield we are all over the place too, the sooner Carrick's replacement is bought the better.

• It's not often I read through match threads here but today's brought me joy! So so salty :D
    Also loving M!CK^'s work there, some good posts!

I'm delighted with the cup, great to keep momentum going and get some silverware :) I was also surprised to learn that Jose is the first United manager to win a trophy on his first season. :D long may it continue

Cookie spelled it correctly!
    Brinty will gave a meltdown lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

zerks wrote: »
    Back from the pub too M!ck? Had a nice few pints meself.

Great result v st etienne eh mate ;)
    Hope Mikhi is not put too long though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement