Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• zerks wrote: »
    Back from the pub too M!ck? Had a nice few pints meself.

So tipsy so happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Cookie spelled it correctly!
    Brinty will gave a meltdown lol

Meltdown
    I'm so funking happy right now I don't know how too....

Allez les rouge....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

brinty wrote: »
    Great result v st etienne eh mate ;)
    Hope Mikhi is not put too long though

No offence but feck off. I heard we won today:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

So tipsy so happy :)

I'm delighted I had €20 on Ibra to score and Utd to win in 90 mins with Paddy Power @ 5/2 A few other bets too so I now have a nice €81 balance. :D

zerks wrote: »
    No offence but feck off. I heard we won today:)

I love ye really mate
    Never change

• Advertisement

• I'm delighted I had €20 on Ibra to score and Utd to win in 90 mins with Paddy Power @ 5/2 A few other bets too so I now have a nice €81 balance. :D

I had zlatan to score and utd to win!! Il take a pic if anyone wants to doubt me!!

So Brinty, that "I don't do that tribal shíte" post a few days ago was tongue-in-cheek, yeah?! Or did you break your rules for a special someone? :pac:

Great match thread, some people very upset with that result. Why would you bother? I was delighted with the trophy, the salt-mine is a nice little bonus though.

I had zlatan to score and utd to win!! Il take a pic if anyone wants to doubt me!!

I wouldn't doubt you! I find the cash makes the win sweeter :D I had a few bets on Juan to but unfortunately they didn't come in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Had zlatan fg and utd 2-1 one of my friends had €50 on Gabbi to score 2 or more, 33/1 so he got 1700 and had 90 on him anytime so another 500 off that,

This guy...

ayFVXJQ.jpg?1

Not me :(

• Advertisement

stankratz wrote: »
    So Brinty, that "I don't do that tribal shíte" post a few days ago was tongue-in-cheek, yeah?! Or did you break your rules for a special someone? :pac:

Great match thread, some people very upset with that result. Why would you bother? I was delighted with the trophy, the salt-mine is a nice little bonus though.

When it's the salty in a match thread it has to be given back and in spades

I'm not missing out on it

I love all my fellow united fans and can't misss out on such fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I'm delighted I had €20 on Ibra to score and Utd to win in 90 mins with Paddy Power @ 5/2 A few other bets too so I now have a nice €81 balance. :D

Had €10 on that 5/2 special aswell but I'd also €10 on Pogba to score from outside the box at 25/1. Five minutes in he's in prime position, gets it out from his feet and strikes one, takes off like a yoke that could go in pace wise but it's straight at the keeper.

Broke my heart so it did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

This guy...

ayFVXJQ.jpg?1

I had the bottom bet but only put a euro on it kinda gutted ha

This guy...

ayFVXJQ.jpg?1

They're such freak bets to come in! I'm jealous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I put 50 cent on Southampton to lift the cup at around the 75 minute mark, I was watching the game with my nephew who was supporting Southampton.
    I said to him that United scored a lot of goals this season after the 80th minute, but if Southampton win at least I win 75 cent :p

He is 14 so I told him the bookie always ends up winning, and I placed the bet to lose it. Didn't want to jinx it, not that it would have but humans are weird lol

Had €10 on that 5/2 special aswell but I'd also €10 on Pogba to score from outside the box at 25/1. Five minutes in he's in prime position, gets it out from his feet and strikes one, takes off like a yoke that could go in pace wise but it's straight at the keeper.

Broke my heart so it did.

I was rooting for ye when I saw a few here had put that bet on too! Unfortunately it didn't happen!

My heart sank with Southampton scored the equaliser, I had accepted failure and waved bye bye to my cash so the late goal was extra sweet :D

sky88 wrote: »

What bookie run those kinda bets? I'm only a casual btw but like those kind of accumulators. Boylesports which I use has nothing like that.

My own bet for the match was €10 on Mata to score anytime and United to win at 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

sky88 wrote: »

Another one of my friends had the top bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What bookie run those kinda bets? I'm only a casual btw but like those kind of accumulators. Boylesports which I use has nothing like that.

My own bet for the match was €10 on Mata to score anytime and United to win at 4/1.

They were all on paddy's.. nearly plunged for the second oneyself.. went for Pogba and Zlatan to score at 18/1 and the Pogba to score outside the box at 25/1 myself.. made it interesting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What I find funniest is the pool fans calling us a one man team but when Mane was away at AFCON the whole world ended and couldn't wait to get him back.

• Advertisement

• jayo26 wrote: »
    What I find funniest is the pool fans calling us a one man team but when Mane was away at AFCON the whole world ended and couldn't wait to get him back.

Haha
    There will always be an excuse
    It's funny to read / hear them though lol

jayo26 wrote: »

True story
    Wait till these Southampton players take a step back next season and play for their b team draft won the road from us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Glory glory man united..... Legends

bangkok wrote: »
    Glory glory man united..... Legends

I even love you Bangkok
    #ggmu
    #bangkokisstillvile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just watching the highlights again on SSN.

I didn't realise it at the time but after the Lingard goal, rather than resting on the laurels, Ibra gathered a number of players around him and gave them a talking to.

That's the kind of leadership we have been missing for a number of years.

Who cares if he doesn't run all that much in games.

He is paid to score goals.

He has played 37 games for us.

He has more minutes than any other player.

He now has 26 goals and we still have a huge amount of games to play.

The man is a fcuking machine and has exceeded even my most ambitious expectations for him.

Such a pity he isn't 3 or 4 years younger.

It might be the least prestigious trophy to win but Jesus, getting a trophy is still brilliant. Its instilling a winning mentality in the club again.

2 trophies in less than 12 months. This in spite of the massive flux that has been at the club since fergie left.

The future is brighter than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

The last goal really impressed me in terms of the awareness of everyone involved. Zlatan waited to play Rashford in, who held the ball up because he didn't have support or a shot on. Ball gets to Martial who showed good determination to fight when it looked like he had lost possession. Then he has the wherewithal to pass to Herrera in space rather than look for the shot into the top corner. A lovely ball from Herrera and Zlatan making space for himself. Just really well done all round.

• Not sure about feeling fine but still :P

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/836116469536575488

Pogba jumping on Ibrahamovic back after scoring goals should be banned .

He is carrying the whole team anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Win the Europa league now and you can call it a successful season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

So much salt in few threads :D

On the game, missed first half and second half our played looked very tired. Hopefully with a week between next game our players have enough recovery time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,379 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Terrible performance yesterday for most the team. The defence, all of the them, were shocking. Bailly is big concern at the moment. Last few performances have been shockingly bad.

But we won.

YAY!

I think Mourinho needs to use the squad better, a number of the players are looking knackered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

And the winner of the EFL Cup is.... Southampton.

• Reading through the match thread again this morning be like

fDzM81OYrNjJC.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Great to have one trophy under the belt already this season with the possibility of 2 more as well as a good league finish.

Winning mentality continuing to build but we are only getting started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

How's the head this morning M!Ck ?

My Liverpool supporting manager has retreated to the confines of his office so I have stuck a large picture of Zlatan to his door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Nice one. Had a good day myself. Had Roma, Madrid and PSG all to win. 7/1 Madrid went 2 down with 60 mins gone away to Villareal...turned it back on with 89 Mins gone and boon 3-2 Madrid.

Spank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Finals are about winning and while it wasnt the greatest performance by the team this season they got the job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Terrible performance yesterday for most the team. The defence, all of the them, were shocking. Bailly is big concern at the moment. Last few performances have been shockingly bad.

But we won.

YAY!

I think Mourinho needs to use the squad better, a number of the players are looking knackered.

Totally agree, people are talking about a winning mentality but it won't help us if the players are dead on their feed. Can't understand why the likes of Shaw, Schweinsteiger, Rooney etc were not started against Blackburn or St Étienne.

• ElChe32 wrote: »
    How's the head this morning M!Ck ?

My Liverpool supporting manager has retreated to the confines of his office so I have stuck a large picture of Zlatan to his door.

Hangover totally worth it :cool:

• Advertisement

Had a good laugh reading the match thread this morning :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

SteM wrote: »
    Totally agree, people are talking about a winning mentality but it won't help us if the players are dead on their feed. Can't understand why the likes of Shaw, Schweinsteiger, Rooney etc were not started against Blackburn or St Étienne.

I agree, especially vs St Et.

Surely Rooney, Darmian and Young will start vs Bournemouth? Maybe Blind, Felliani and Schweini.

One trophy in the bag. Great! But its going to get tougher from here on in. Can see us drawing at the bridge which will mean a replay. Ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Nalz wrote: »
    I agree, especially vs St Et.

Surely Rooney, Darmian and Young will start vs Bournemouth? Maybe Blind, Felliani and Schweini.

One trophy in the bag. Great! But its going to get tougher from here on in. Can see us drawing at the bridge which will mean a replay. Ouch!

No replays in the FA Cup sixth round this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

TheDoctor wrote: »
    No replays in the FA Cup sixth round this year

Yeah I wasnt sure about that, I thought I read it somewhere but wasn't sure. Thats good news I suppose.

Still we're in for a tough few weeks ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

To the match thread I go!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    To the match thread I go!!

Very entertaining so it is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I think we all know who the real hero is.

Me.

I'm two for two with cup final threads.

Yer welcome bitches.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

My favorite moment from yesterday were the Liverpool fans saying they were happy they turned down Mourinho (as the legend goes)

Who then went on to win 16 major trophies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

My favorite moment from yesterday were the Liverpool fans saying they were happy they turned down Mourinho (as the legend goes)

liverpool lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

They didn't want those trophies anyway. Next season they will show us lol.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement