Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

MrMac84 wrote: »
    To the match thread I go!!

I feel it been ages since you commented mac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

My favorite moment from yesterday were the Liverpool fans saying they were happy they turned down Mourinho (as the legend goes)

Who then went on to win 16 major trophies

It's embarrassing enough to compete and win League cup, imagine how embarrassing it would have been to win 16 trophies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Match thread was crap full of pot shots at one another and this thread since Match finished is nearly as bad...... There I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

SteM wrote:
    Totally agree, people are talking about a winning mentality but it won't help us if the players are dead on their feed. Can't understand why the likes of Shaw, Schweinsteiger, Rooney etc were not started against Blackburn or St Étienne.

I'd say Mo is trying to get the first 11 to gel while also getting uniteds mojo back. We looked like a team who were put together for a week under LVG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Would it be going down hill if you left United and played elsewhere?

For me or the club?!?

Ibrahimovic's interview. :D

It's a superb interview.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/zlatan-ibrahimovic-i-am-a-lion-transcript-manchester-united-china-news-a7601651.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

My favorite moment from yesterday were the Liverpool fans saying they were happy they turned down Mourinho (as the legend goes)

I reckon if you go through my post history I have written a few things about Jose that might put egg in my face now.

Was he,my first choice? No, but I be honest the one thing (in hindsight) we needed was a manager who knows how get the job done.

Now of course we are still 6th and that aint good enough but I say it again, its actually enjoyable watching us now. Even our poor performances are still able to win us games here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

jayo26 wrote: »
    Match thread was crap full of pot shots at one another and this thread since Match finished is nearly as bad...... There I said it.

There have been more posts talking about salty rival fans than there were from those rival fans in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Shut up Jayo
    You're still drunk mate ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Stop being salty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Your favourite moment? You want to rethink that?

brinty wrote: »
    Shut up Jayo
    You're still drunk mate ;)

Haha shush now you and talk about football for a change ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Haha shush now you and talk about football for a change ;);)

whats this football you speak of
    I'm only here for the lovely girls gifs

brinty wrote: »
    whats this football you speak of
    I'm only here for the lovely girls gifs

I dont doubt it haha

Hopefully Miki be back for next weekend....

Anyone have an opinion on Bailey? He suddenly looks nervous I wonder is it having smalling there or is he tired? He had an injury break of over a month before afcon so I can't see it been fatigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Woodward in the end rescued United with Jose.
    Jose really rescued United with Ibrahimovic.
    Good thing Jose called him and his children wanted him to play for United.
    I love his mentality and United would likely be having another extremely frustrating season again.
    It is great having a serial goalscorer again which we have been missing since RVP won us the league in 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hopefully Miki be back for next weekend....

Anyone have an opinion on Bailey? He suddenly looks nervous I wonder is it having smalling there or is he tired? He had an injury break of over a month before afcon so I can't see it been fatigue.

i think its a collective nervousness from our back 4 except for valencia its been chop and change between the other 3 places and i dont think any of them feel comfortable except when jones/rojo had that run together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hococop wrote: »
    I feel it been ages since you commented mac

Real life getting in the way but I'm always here.... lurking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

early KO on saturday, win that game and we finally go into 4th position for a few hours at least

bangkok wrote: »
    early KO on saturday, win that game and we finally go into 4th position for a few hours at least

Wrong again ;) if pool win tonight they in fourth on 52 points last time I checked we get 3 for a win ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Nose bleed territory :D

• Advertisement

Wrong again ;) if pool win tonight they in fourth on 52 points last time I checked we get 3 for a win ;)

ah crap, forgot about them shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Interesting that Ibra has yet to say he is staying next year. Can't see why and where he would want to go? From our side, obviously we would be looking to keep him for at least a year if not 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ah crap, forgot about them shower

I never liked the word shower used in a negative light as it reminds me of hot showers which I love

just thought I'd share that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Interesting that Ibra has yet to say he is staying next year. Can't see why and where he would want to go? From our side, obviously we would be looking to keep him for at least a year if not 2.

He was linked to Napoli last week.

I'd imagine he'll stay if given assurances he'll still be our number 1, which could be in question depending on our transfer window. He's been stunning this year, but if we got Griezmann, then that could be the direction Jose goes next season as our first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lord TSC wrote: »

I'd imagine he'll stay if given assurances he'll still be our number 1, which could be in question depending on our transfer window. He's been stunning this year, but if we got Griezmann, then that could be the direction Jose goes next season as our first choice.

Zlatan playing with Griezmann either behind or slightly right of him would be magic.

From the press conference before xmass him and jose made it sound like it was an auto renewal but now its different.

ibra is a great target man, griezmann is the total opposite, would make a great duo, griezmann on his own wouldnt be a success imo

From the press conference before xmass him and jose made it sound like it was an auto renewal but now its different.

My understanding is that on the club's end, it was an auto-renewal based on number of games played, but on Ibra's, it's a choice.

ibra is a great target man, griezmann is the total opposite, would make a great duo, griezmann on his own wouldnt be a success imo

I wouldn't go that far. Griezmann is a less deadly, more creative version of Aguero imo. Sanchez doesn't struggle on his own either being a similarly small stature. If he comes in I'd play him as a right wing forward but in a free role. Similar to how Lingard played yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I adore the evil laugh at the end

Brilliant

Liam O wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far. Griezmann is a less deadly, more creative version of Aguero imo. Sanchez doesn't struggle on his own either being a similarly small stature. If he comes in I'd play him as a right wing forward but in a free role. Similar to how Lingard played yesterday.

where do you play Mkhitarayan then??

Zlatan is expected to stay and has said he will leave the game at he top. It has been speculated that Zlatan/Raiola have the options on where he plays next season, not United and he could use his world class form to get a better deal for next season - this has been speculated, but it seems he will be staying but he is just keeping the story alive, which reminds everyone how important he is, and a FU to the people in England who doubted him.

The interview in that link that was posted earlier seemed to say that apart from Jose being the reason he is at United, being 35 and playing like a much younger player in England gives him great satisfaction, especially since his critics in England questioned if he could cut it in England and it being easy to score in France.

De Gea
    New RB - Bailly - new CB - Shaw/Darmian/Rojo/someone else
    New CDM - Pogba
    Griezmann - Ibrahimovic - Martial/ Neymar :p

De Gea
    New RB - Bailly - new CB - Shaw/Darmian/Rojo/someone else
    Herrera - New CDM - Pogba
    ---Griezmann---Mkhitaryan
    Ibrahimovic----

I think the key signings is the central defensive midfielder and central defender in terms of getting the results, A strong defense while scoring freely is always the aim.

If we get back to CL football, I think United will spend to try and win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I don't think we will sign a first choice CB in the summer. I think Jose will go with Bailly Smalling as his preferred partnership.

Smalling is currently his captain on the pitch.

I also think our wide defensive positions are left very exposed as Jose seems to prefer his fullback to tuck in when defending. Maybe it's only when Pogba and Herrera are playing with no one behind them so that may change next season when someone comes in.

One thing is for sure. We need to stop crosses coming into our box so easily.

Zlatan front page sports news in Denmark.

https://twitter.com/sport_witness/status/836214211869085697

I like it.

Hadn't realised, the EL final is in Sweeden at the Friends Arena, where they will be erecting the statue of Zlatan soon. Writes itself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

adox wrote: »
    I don't think we will sign a first choice CB in the summer. I think Jose will go with Bailly Smalling as his preferred partnership.

Smalling is currently his captain on the pitch.

A top class centre back is a priority right now. Smalling n Baily all over the shop yesterday . Rojo is just an accident waiting happen be it centre half or left full. Jones a good back up option

• Advertisement

Robson99 wrote: »
    A top class centre back is a priority right now. Smalling n Baily all over the shop yesterday . Rojo is just an accident waiting happen be it centre half or left full. Jones a good back up option

Bailly has played a poor couple of games in a row and Smalling has made some mistakes too but, with a set up like yesterday they are left hugely exposed with little or no protection.

I still think if Jose gets the man he wants to play dmf in ththe summer it will solve an awful lot of apparent problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

adox wrote: »
    Bailly has played a poor couple of games in a row and Smalling has made some mistakes too but, with a set up like yesterday they are left hugely exposed with little or no protection.

I still think if Jose gets the man he wants to play dmf in ththe summer it will solve an awful lot of apparent problems.

Possibly. We also need Shaw to get back to his best and it would give us another dimension going forward.
    Possible summer ins Lindelof, Bakayako, Grizeman
    Probable outs Young, Rooney, Blind

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Bailly's not a quiet, shy chap, that's for sure!

His victory dash with the cup yesterday...

https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunited/videos/10154523541562746/

Him grabbing Zlatan in a nice clinch and attempting to give him hearing loss (or gobble his ear off) at the end of the 3rd goal celebrations. It's halfway through the stream...

https://streamable.com/xlcsa

An interesting personality is Eric Bertrand Bailly. Great signing so far, even if he was part of a defensive line yesterday which looked like they were playing their very first game together.

Robson99 wrote: »

An accident waiting to happen that's made very few errors at all and been generally top class when played in CB for United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Leicester playing like they did last season. Please keep it up . Liverpool have been bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Sssshhhhh. Dont say anything. Ha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Liam O wrote: »
    An accident waiting to happen that's made very few errors at all and been generally top class when played in CB for United?

Rojo has been outstanding at CB, for some reason he is absolutely terrible at LB.

It would make me deliriously happy for Shaw to get his fitness together and prove Jose wrong.

The tough love worked for Mikhi so hopefully it will for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

:D

GSPfan wrote: »
    Sssshhhhh. Dont say anything. Ha.

I'll ban anyone who says a thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

So anyway lads, how about that oscars mix up last night what!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Is there a game on?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement