Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Well done brinty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That's a booking:pac:

Cheers lecister now hope ye get relegated

Why the players could not show that much passion in least half the games this season I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ye don't do yourselves any favours....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

The Celtic Manager is doing a fabulous job. Maybe he is worth a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Why the players could not show that much passion in least half the games this season I don't know.

Agreed mate
    Ripped up Citeh and Liverpool at home but barely performed outside that

brinty wrote: »
    Agreed mate
    Ripped up Citeh and Liverpool at home but barely performed outside that

Ya they were excellent v city too. Only game they actually were decent in up to tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Ye don't do yourselves any favours....

???

ah lads are ye all still on th beer :D

The thread actually did generate a decent conversation mainly mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The thread actually did generate a decent conversation mainly mind
    i agree. i honestly could see gerrard appointed. sure they cant do any worse to be fair

just hopes he grasps the chance with both hands and "DOESN`T LET IT SLIP" :) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I love football :D

We just need to keep winning now ourselves. We still have some very tough games and things can change very quick.

It's good to see us still having 2 Cups and Top 4 to strive for. Sure the squad rotation and tiredness is a worry, but winning is a great habit and it's being lacking at OT for 4 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Carragher giving a nod to Zlatan for POTY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So Bournemouth up next.

At home we should be beating them.

Should

Then Rostov away, I don't know much anything about them but would expect us to be heavy favourites.

Then Chelsea in the cup.

The worst thing that could happen here is we end up playing extra time, a win would be great, a loss I wouldn't be too bothered about.

Rostov again, will hopefully have a goal or two of a cushion going into this one.

Last game before the international break is Boro away, difficult fixture and only a couple of days rest will be had, tough tough game.

By full time in the Boro game we will have a better idea how our season is shaping up.

A lot of feckin games to be played.

???
    Basking in Liverpools failures and provoking a reaction. The sh*te everyone is quick to get all upset over when the shoe is on the other foot.

Carragher giving a nod to Zlatan for poty

Its going tto be Kante though mosy likely unless he gets injured. Sign Kante win league easy game :D It normallu goes to the leaqgue winner but not many very likeable in the chelsea team of thier top performers so Zlatan is in with a shout should he continue his scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Today we lost a leader,
    we lost a friend,
    we lost a warrior,
    we lost the greatest person not to talk about football in a football thread.

#Prayforbrinty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I ****ing love our club..........

I ****ing love our thread.........

FYP

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Today we lost a leader,
    we lost a friend,
    we lost a warrior,
    we lost the greatest person not to talk about football in a football thread.

#Prayforbrinty

#blamekew
    #givehimhismedal

jayo26 wrote: »
    FYP

When you see the stuff happening elsewhere around here, you'd be quite thankfull of our little spot in the internet

When you see the stuff happening elsewhere around here, you'd be quite thankfull of our little spot in the internet

Yup generally it's a nice humorous place to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Rod Munch wrote: »
    So Bournemouth up next.

At home we should be beating them.

Should

Then Rostov away, I don't know much anything about them but would expect us to be heavy favourites.

Then Chelsea in the cup.

The worst thing that could happen here is we end up playing extra time, a win would be great, a loss I wouldn't be too bothered about.

Rostov again, will hopefully have a goal or two of a cushion going into this one.

Last game before the international break is Boro away, difficult fixture and only a couple of days rest will be had, tough tough game.

By full time in the Boro game we will have a better idea how our season is shaping up.

A lot of feckin games to be played.

We're in for a prick of a game. Seen em play a couple of times this year as i live in Holland and they played both PSV and Ajax twice. Imagine Tony Pulis football out in the middle of Russia.

This will be an ugly as ****e 0-0 with Jose putting out the bus. Maybe a 0-1 away win if we're lucky.

spiralism wrote: »
    We're in for a prick of a game. Seen em play a couple of times this year as i live in Holland and they played both PSV and Ajax twice. Imagine Tony Pulis football out in the middle of Russia.

This will be an ugly as ****e 0-0 with Jose putting out the bus. Maybe a 0-1 away win if we're lucky.

Looking at their record in Europe they aint no pushover. It wont be stroll like last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Haha. Looks like it happened in the basement of Hotel Football right beside OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

You know when Pogba is farting around in a two-man midfield and there's probably two opposing midfielders goalside of him? Does he genuinely not see them or is he just not into the whole chasing fellas around the place kinda thing?

Basking in Liverpools failures and provoking a reaction. The sh*te everyone is quick to get all upset over when the shoe is on the other foot.

Are you new to football?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Just a quick thought...... if United do get top 4 and were in the europa final, would top 5 get CL next year if they won???...... if Liverpool were 5th it would be funny to hear a bunch of scouse lovers cheering United on����

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

When it's raining you bring an umbrella, when it's sunny you sit off in a beer garden drinking saucy pints.

They'll beat Arsenal next week and we'll f**k up against Bournemouth and they'll be all over us like a spidermonkey.

It's just the way it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I just can't forbade life of me understand why Klopp didn't buy in January. They have money, they absolutely have to have unless they're the most mismanaged club in history.

Like players were available, that Lindelof guy we almost bought for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Shh lads,they are talking about us talking about them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

zerks wrote: »

It amuses me that they call us obsessed when they are every bit as bad.

When a rival for top 4 screws up then the other teams will gloat, it's the same as City or the Arse yet discussing them is obsession. They like to think we are obsessed because that means they are still important.

The cup final thread was a perfect example. A sudden influx when an upset was on the cards then when we won a slew of posts trying to needle, from comments about grannys to female staff members being safe to eye gouging.

Some of them are so utterly blinded they need feckin guide dogs.

But we are obsessed, and they aren't.

Don't make me laugh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Still shocked United pulled off the win on Sunday. They looked so tired, gave away so many chances, let Sothampton run at them, attack them and still won.

Jose effect there where there was no panic after losing the two goal lead.

United's two open play goals were really good play though and the lovely free came after good skill by Herrera so they were all good signs. More sitting back with counter attack play will be needed to survive the fixture pile up on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm probably one of the rare united fans who like and respect Liverpool FC but fúck me a small few of their fanbase on the internet can make you laugh.

We like all clubs have our moments too, but the Springfield Vs Shelvyille or bitter Vs obsessed wánk ruins it on here sometimes.

• I always wonder is there two different personalities when it comes to fans at games and fans speaking on a forum. I can bet you alot don't act the same. I've seen the quietest of lads explode with joy and laughter at Utds expense and vice versa. And what harm, it's what makes it great.

Say what you like about me but I'm like this when I go to games, watch them in the pub and the same when I post here and I couldn't give a fiddlers **** (Careful, we got a badass up in here :P).

And on Liverpool: I hate Liverpool, they will always be the main rival when it comes to being a Utd fan no matter what anyone says.
    And I will bask in my laughter when they lose. And I will laugh at City, Chelsea , Arsenal, Spurs or anyone else that gets in Utd's way of glory.
    It's always been that way and I'm not here to pretend otherwise. Take rivalry out of the game and see how much you enjoy it.
    But doesn't mean we can't have proper conversations in between the bantz which does happen and I have been trying harder in that respect!

And anyway at the end of the day it's just a game of sport. Don't lose sleep over a bunch of overpaid professionals kicking around a ball!

I'm the opposite, I've gotten pretty fed up with the tribalism surrounding football.

Sporting rivalry is great but there's a thin line between healthy debate and tribalism bull****.

I'd have no problems if you took it out of the game. I often think a large majority of football fans are drawn more towards that aspect of fandom as opposed to the game itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

When you have rival fans posting gems like this after watching their team get schooled,it reminds you of how magical sport is.

"Think I'm gonna climb in the bath, lie down, prop my arse up and relax. Then piss in my own eyes."

Happy Pancake Tuesday lads and lassies. Haven't had anything sugary since Christmas. Let the stuffing of the face commence!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is interesting how other clubs are doing and the reasons behind it, it is good to know why things are the way they are.
    I get satisfaction when a rival loses if it means we can benefit from it.
    The result last night puts 5th place in our own hands, that is how I see it.
    Now the target is 4th, it would be great if Liverpool beat Arsenal, as that would put 4th place into our own hands.
    The main thing is we need to keep winning and hope rival results help us along the way, the aim is the prize, not the rival.
    Winning a trophy is so good, it is a great feeling, it far exceeds beating a rival, and usually one has to do it to win the prize.
    To be first is the target, looks virtually impossible in the league, but finishing as high as possible is the aim.
    United should be very strong next season to win the league, but finishing strong this season would be a great platform for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think every fan gets satisfaction from teams losing why wouldn't you. hell i loved every minute of chelseas disaster season last year but loved them beating spurs to win Leicester the league and of course ive never laughed so much then when stevie g slipped.

On this whole obsession thing that united and pool fans go on about i think were both as bad as each other when it comes down to it.

Just had a look there. The last few days are not representative of what it's usually like in here.

Just won the cup and had to read a lot of whinging from their fans. They have just lost a game with no excuses, they are letting us back in after the slagging for months on end.

It all came to a head the last few days. If the roles were reversed it would be just as bad.

The poster that was complaining about this thread is a good lad from what I've seen and doesn't get involved in all the carry on but there's always going to be posters like that caught in the crossfire. Just the way it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Koeman talking about being interested in bringing Rooney to Everton in the summer.

Wonder if a deal could actually be done with any English club, that doesn't continue to cost United money. His contract runs to summer 2019 - so he would have two years left of 250k per week. If he does leave, and not to China, I can see United having to pay a portion of his wages through to 2019 to make up for any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Koeman talking about being interested in bringing Rooney to Everton in the summer.

Wonder if a deal could actually be done with any English club, that doesn't continue to cost United money. His contract runs to summer 2019 - so he would have two years left of 250k per week. If he does leave, and not to China, I can see United having to pay a portion of his wages through to 2019 to make up for any difference.

Let's say United sell him to Everton, and pay £100k a week towards his wage to save £150k a week...it saves United over £15 million over the two seasons.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Let's say United sell him to Everton, and pay £100k a week towards his wage to save £150k a week...it saves United over £15 million over the two seasons.
    May as well loan him out then so he doesn't get to play against us.

May as well loan him out then so he doesn't get to play against us.

The way he has been playing lately id want him to play against us.

If Rooney was to leave I rather he go now. Reckon he go to China but wife not so keen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

RobertKK wrote: »

I'd rather have him on the bench as a viable option for the manager.

£15m is nothing compared to the contribution he could still make. I still think he's a useful option.

• If Rooney was to leave I rather he go now. Reckon he go to China but wife not so keen.

He's English, his wife is English, his kids are English and settled for a long time.
    Forget about the money, It's a huge change for him and his family.
    I think a move to Everton would suit them better and I have a hunch he's thinking "stay local".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement