Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Korat wrote: »
    Just so I know...

..who contributed most to the nothing shirt.

Again what? Am I missing something here

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

stankratz wrote: »
    Welcome back Al, good to see the name pop up.

Bad luck Brinty...

1kj4pu.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Korat is out on the lash for my birthday.

Mick is becoming somewhat accepted and respected in the Pool thread after all those years. They must be getting Stockholm Syndrome or something!

Vic Vinegar (Bombleswizzum) is MIA from the thread but there are whispers of his presence in other fora on the site.

Pro. F chimes in now and again when he gets time off from running Space-X.

Kew got Brinty banned yesterday, still an evil git.

Buckety did what the wrestling fans call a face turn.

The place seems amok with Jayos, there's like two of them!

Meanwhile, we're perpetually on edge and watching what we say in case v3ttl comes in with the Multi-Quote of Absolute Destruction.

They are absolutely glorious, this one in particular when it was will he/won't he with Pogba, again truly glorious.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100613769

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Nalz wrote: »
    Again what? Am I missing something here

You're on the same train as the rest of us. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Welcome back Al, good to see the name pop up.

Bad luck Brinty...

1kj4pu.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Korat is out on the lash.

Mick is becoming somewhat accepted and respected in the Pool thread after all those years. They must be getting Stockholm Syndrome or something!

Vic Vinegar (Bombleswizzum) is MIA from the thread but there are whispers of his presence in other fora on the site.

Pro. F chimes in now and again when he gets time off from running Space-X.

Kew got Brinty banned yesterday, still an evil git.

Buckety did what the wrestling fans call a face turn.

The place seems amok with Jayos, there's like two of them!

Meanwhile, we're perpetually on edge and watching what we say in case v3ttl comes in with the Multi-Quote of Absolute Destruction.

My greatest goal in life is to one day see Dwarf.Shortage referenced in a post like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    They are absolutely glorious, this one in particular when it was will he/won't he with Pogba, again truly glorious.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100613769

Hasn't a patch on the Townie, Bateman/DeGea multi quote :D now that was

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Korats been at peps medical bag :p

astradave wrote: »

Legendary.gif

For anyone who hasn't seen it :D instaclassic

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73816191&postcount=9372

Ja wunderlich sein.

Korats been at peps medical bag :p

I will poke you in the face. :eek:

Korat wrote: »
    I will poke you in the face. :eek:

"Go to Hell"

• Advertisement

Just read it now Jesus that was brilliant..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I haven't really been reading the soccer forum much recently, mainly because I'm really happy with how United are doing and I don't want anyone to ruin that for me.

I'll have to up my game and get back on sh!tehawk watch duties soon.

Completely agree, that post was just genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A draw for me possible net gain of 4 points over two rivals as oppossed tio 3

United have been cursed by goal difference in recent years, losing a title and 4th place on goal difference.
    An Arsenal loss once United wins, could be huge by season end.
    I hope we improve significantly our goal difference between now and season end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

giphy.gif

Dat-Nostalgia.jpg

Seriously though, it's been a good week to be a Utd fan anywhere on earth. :)

RobertKK wrote: »
    United have been cursed by goal difference in recent years, losing a title and 4th place on goal difference.
    An Arsenal loss once United wins, could be huge by season end.
    I hope we improve significantly our goal difference between now and season end.

A fair point but whatever Arsenal or Liverpool gain/lose on GD so will the other. I just dont feel Liverpool can continue to be as bad as they have been. Either way we better be winning saturday.

It was actually something that annoyed me about the Lecister game and I do know we need to conserve energy in games when ahead, but I really wish we hit they for a few more goals that day, as they were wide open for a hiding.

But once we keep winning the GD will get better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lawro and Kilbane made good points about Liverpool recently, the likes of Wenger and Pep are too arrogant to change their style of play to combat Liverpool's high press and the smaller teams sit back and the press doesn't work then they catch them on the break or capitalise on mistakes. Wenger et al think they are above using those tactics and we saw how Liverpool punished them.José was criticised for his tactics against them but did we lose-no.
    If Wenger plays his usual style,then they'll lose,if he is more pragmatic and uses pace in behind then things might go differently.All in all though, I think a draw is the best outcome for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Aye, God's be good we'll knock in a few against Bournemouth in the morning and let the others be dammed with what happens the rest of the weekend. Will make for a great enjoyable weekend if we can just manage those three points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

zerks wrote: »
    Lawro and Kilbane made good points about Liverpool recently, the likes of Wenger and Pep are too arrogant to change their style of play to combat Liverpool's high press and the smaller teams sit back and the press doesn't work then they catch them on the break or capitalise on mistakes. Wenger et al think they are above using those tactics and we saw how Liverpool punished them.José was criticised for his tactics against them but did we lose-no.
    If Wenger plays his usual style,then they'll lose,if he is more pragmatic and uses pace in behind then things might go differently.All in all though, I think a draw is the best outcome for us.

If Liverpool play that high line and arsenal start Welbz in the middle (I think he's fit) and either Walcott or the Ox against Lucas they could be raining in goals. Sanchez or the less good Mata playing through balls all day should cause havoc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I see Lukaka is in the press again.

"My agent looks after the transfers"

"I want to win trophies"

He looks to me to be a perfect Jose style striker in the vein of Drogba or Ibra, a big, powerful athlete.

It seems like he has been around for years but is still only 23.

Imagine a front pairing of himself and Greizmann playing off him.

Mmmmm.

• Advertisement

Bournemouth match is free to air for all Sky customers on SS Mix this Saturday.

Whats his contract situation like now.. did he sign one recently or is he holdong off..

Here's 50m and Rooney thank you very much :D

Think Jose is happy enough with the defence and will look for a DM to protect them instead.

So Bakayoko, Lukaku and Griezmann would be the perfect summer :D

Whats his contract situation like now.. did he sign one recently or is he holdong off..

Here's 50m and Rooney thank you very much :D

Think Jose is happy enough with the defence and will look for a DM to protect them instead.

So Bakayoko, Lukaku and Griezmann would be the perfect summer :D

Koeman is apparently confident he will sign a new one.

Rooney + £30 to £40 million would be an excellent bit of business.

Chelsea however are apparently interested.

If we don't get CL this year that could make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

His agent was on talk sport on Monday and said he believed Lukaku would sing a new contract at Everton and Lukaku himself was on sky sports news yesterday and he said his contract was nearly agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The one issue I have with Lukaku, and it has been the same since he signed for Chelsea, is that I don't think his hold up play or link up play is top level.

• @stankratz
    Another classic post lad!! :)

Eagerly awaiting Korats "I'm sorry I was drunk / high on peps back of tricks" post next.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

We really have a world superstar in our ranks, no doubt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Rod Munch wrote: »

"I want to win trophies"

He looks to me to be a perfect Jose style striker in the vein of Drogba or Ibra, a big, powerful athlete.

Mmmmm.

The thing with Drogba and Ibra, is that they had a fantastic footballing brain to go with the braun. Great touch and linkup play to boot. For me Lukaku doesn't link up the play well. He's big, Powerful, is a handful and suits the premier league. I have no doubt he would be a 20+ goals a season striker at united. I just think our play suits someone like Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Assuming a three man midfield....

Up front

Matrial/griesmann ibra/rashers miki/mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Rashers ??

The thing with Drogba and Ibra, is that they had a fantastic footballing brain to go with the braun. Great touch and linkup play to boot. For me Lukaku doesn't link up the play well. He's big, Powerful, is a handful and suits the premier league. I have no doubt he would be a 20+ goals a season striker at united. I just think our play suits someone like Kane.

What age was Drogba when he joined Chelsea?

25/26 iirc?

Still loads of time for Lukaka to develop that side of his game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

s8n wrote:
    Rashers ??

I prefer medallions myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

s8n wrote: »
    Rashers ??

Cooked%20Rasher%20Picture.jpg

• It's actually Flashford lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Rod Munch wrote: »

"I want to win trophies"

Mmmmm.

His hold up play and first touch have come on leaps and bounds this season. Koeman has been good for him in that regard. He used to play exclusively on the shoulder but he mixes it up slot now and he often comes short or plays with his back to goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Cooked%20Rasher%20Picture.jpg

Not fair sticking that up on Ash Wednesday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Check out Carragher and Danny Simpsons twitter slagging match. Good stuff. :)

I'll give you the jist:

Simpson jokes about Carragher wearing an Everton kit.
    Carragher slags Simpson for appearing to be trying harder against Liverpool now Ranieri is gone.
    Simpson slags Carragher about not winning the league.
    Carragher slags Simpson about being a joke Man Utd player who won league medals without playing much.
    Simpson posts picture of himself and Drinkwater (joke Man Utd players) holding the league trophy for Leicester.

Thats the last bit I seen. Hopefully it keeps going.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Check out Carragher and Danny Simpsons twitter slagging match. Good stuff. :)

I'll give you the jist:

Simpson jokes about Carragher wearing an Everton kit.
    Carragher slags Simpson for appearing to be trying harder against Liverpool now Ranieri is gone.
    Simpson slags Carragher about not winning the league.
    Carragher slags Simpson about being a joke Man Utd player who won league medals without playing much.
    Simpson posts picture of himself and Drinkwater (joke Man Utd players) holding the league trophy for Leicester.

Thats the last bit I seen. Hopefully it keeps going.

Carragher deserves it even tho he supported Everton as a kid who seriously goes and does that it was the cringiest bit of tv I've seen in a long time.

• Advertisement

The greater Manchester Police twitter feed is gas.I think they mistakingly trolled City fans before about the crowds coming from France..the city fans where going ape on twitter about it.

They had to clarify that they were not in fact trolling City over their low attendance figures but just expecting less people to come from Monaco. :D I'm convinced that United fans run their twitter accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

Bottom left corner or roof of the net bar a few.... great ging on him, used to be shouting " have a ging" once he picked ball up on edge of box. Super super player, really enjoyed that video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Such a clever player. Just strolled into the box practically unnoticed. A real shame United didn't move for him in 2012 when he left Milan.

Though he would have strangled Moyes in 2013 so maybe its for the best.

Something just happening that we can't talk about! Eh up!

zorro2566 wrote: »

?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not even excited. not going to last...

City end up wining 4 1 easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Jaysus, the commentator. Hope the other lads didn't watch that considering the hard time Martin Tyler gets :pac:

The morning papers saying Zlatan wants to stay 2 more seasons at United.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement