Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Romero simply got his car flattened into a sport's car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

sky88 wrote: »
    remember those amazing few hours we were in 5th place some good times.

i hope we make a few changes tomorrow as the players looked tired on sunday rooney,rashford and blind hopefully get some game time.

A week off should have made a big difference. I don't mind changes but the batteries should be recharged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

zerks wrote: »
    The morning papers roundup. United to pay off Rooney's contract and allow him join another EPL club in the Summer.
    Jose will go for Kane if he can't get Griezmann.
    Fellaini tried to get a move to China in January.

I think it was more a case of United offered Fellaini and the Chinese club refused saying they wanted a "different type of player"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    I think it was more a case of United offered Fellaini and the Chinese club refused saying they wanted a "different type of player"

Hahaha give me a link for that information id love to read it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hahaha give me a link for that information id love to read it ;)

Is Cannavaro drunk? Sounds like me saying I went for trials with United but decided to turn them down.

Why would united offer Fellaini to another club? Why would they need to get rid of him in January?

They moved on Morgan and depay and Fellaini is in the team every match day and is always brought on when needed i dont believe that for one minute.

He may not be a crucial member of the squad but he is definitely important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Is Cannavaro drunk? Sounds like me saying I went for trials with United but decided to turn them down.

Well they signed Axel Witsel in January. If there was a choice between the 2 I know which I'd make anyway.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Well they signed Axel Witsel in January. If there was a choice between the 2 I know which I'd make anyway.

Id agree with you but I don't see why united would offer Fellaini to a club I can not see how it would come about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Id agree with you but I don't see why united would offer Fellaini to a club I can not see how it would come about.

Cannavaro said the agent offered Fellaini to them not United.

• Advertisement

Ahh i see i missed that part because bangkok said it was united that offered Fellaini and you linked that article but eitherway I still don't see Fellaini wanting to move in January his contract was automatically extended in January and he seems to be close to jose.

I would of thought he is way above chinese league anyway he would offer alot to many decent clubs in Europe still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So.. Jose says that Shaw will feature tomorrow, says that he has proved his fitness basically and now needs games

Wants Zlatan to stay as his understanding is that it was a one year contract with the option of a 2nd year from the clubs part.

Says we will bring in a few players in the transfer window and that they will bring us to a different level..

Christoph-Waltz-Dancing-in-Chair-Inglourious-Basterds.gif

Edit:Presser

The agent was probably doing it on behalf of united in the same way rooneys agent was over there.

I think it will be a big summer at united again and probably our last big summer for a while.

Rooney, schweignstieger, carrick, fellaini, young all out.

Griezemann, bakayoko, lindelof in along with maybe fabinho and another midfielder/forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Why would united offer Fellaini to another club? Why would they need to get rid of him in January?

They moved on Morgan and depay and Fellaini is in the team every match day and is always brought on when needed i dont believe that for one minute.

He may not be a crucial member of the squad but he is definitely important.

Cannavaro is the manager of the team in question, and was literally quoted in an interview saying he was offered Fellaini but he was not a player of the profile he wanted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

TheDoc wrote: »
    Cannavaro is the manager of the team in question, and was literally quoted in an interview saying he was offered Fellaini but he was not a player of the profile he wanted :)

He also said that about Rooney, when Rooney most likely rejected thier offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Great to see people giving their honest unbiased opinions of Fellaini again.
    Something the thread badly missed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

He's got funny hair.

Fantasy football club on SS1. Rachel Riley is very happy and Silvestre will be on if anyone is interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Great that Shaw is gonna get a run out tomorrow. I see he just passed his driving test, was relying on mates to drop him to training! Could be true then that he actually is living in a gaff with all his mates from Southampton, heard this wasn't helping his cause at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Great that Shaw is gonna get a run out tomorrow. I see he just passed his driving test, was relying on mates to drop him to training! Could be true then that he actually is living in a gaff with all his mates from Southampton, heard this wasn't helping his cause at all.

I think whenever a young player is not playing, the stories about them being lazy/feckless/arrogant write themselves. Shaw emerged from the most cutthroat and competitive process to be the 0.000000000000000001% of the world population good enough and motivated enough to play football in the premier league. That last thing he is lazy, feckless or arrogant.

And he is a millionaire. He could just buy a taxi firm and have them on retainer to drive him to work if its a problem.

adox wrote: »
    Great to see people giving their honest unbiased opinions of Fellaini again.
    Something the thread badly missed. :rolleyes:

i dont think there was any opinions given of him only it was in the papers that he was offered to a chinese club and they rejected the chance to sign him

bangkok wrote: »
    i dont think there was any opinions given of him only it was in the papers that he was offered to a chinese club and they rejected the chance to sign him

In fairness you decided in your opinion that the club decided to use an agent to see if the Chinese would take him..

astradave wrote: »
    In fairness you decided in your opinion that the club decided to use an agent to see if the Chinese would take him..

well thats the way it normally works

also that has nothing to do with what op was on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/837757138617380865

Shaw has to overcome "mental frailties" to save his United career.Jose hasn't given up on him.

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/837757138617380865

Shaw has to overcome "mental frailties" to save his United career.Jose hasn't given up on him.

And there we have it. That came directly from Jose's mouth.. Hopefully the speculation of him leaving will die down

• Advertisement

Mkhitaryan expected to be back in time to play against Chelsea in the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Shaw is toast as far as I am concerned, regardless of what Mourinho says right now. I fully expect him to leave either in the summer, or at the very least in the next few seasons having never established himself at the club. He hasn't got the character for the fight and Jose isn't going to hang about waiting for it to happen, he will get somebody else in and Shaw can jog on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Shaw is toast as far as I am concerned, regardless of what Mourinho says right now. I fully expect him to leave either in the summer, or at the very least in the next few seasons having never established himself at the club. He hasn't got the character for the fight and Jose isn't going to hang about waiting for it to happen, he will get somebody else in and Shaw can jog on.

all those years of being around him lead you to this insight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

You really came onto the internet to say something as inane as that in response to an opinion?

Whatever passes your time I suppose.

you really came onto the internet to spout about someone character you've never even met? whatever passes your time i suppose

you really came onto the internet to spout about someone character you've never even met? whatever passes your time i suppose

Good lad, well done.

You know my opinion on Shaw, do you have one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

astradave wrote: »
    And there we have it. That came directly from Jose's mouth.. Hopefully the speculation of him leaving will die down
    Huh? Genuinely not sure if you're taking the piss here.

A source has said that Mourinho has said that “He has potential. Mentally, he has been too fragile.”

So not only are we unsure if Mourinho actually said this, if he did he's saying that he's mentally fragile but has potential.

I've no idea how that can result in the speculation dying down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I think all chat of Shaw needs to be held in reserve (positive, negative), made a mistake of coming to united over weight, got himself in shape then has went through that horrible injury he is still trying to find his feet after that..

He went through the period of the over weight, came out the otherside? I think he did, can everyone not give him that chance to get back to himself after the injury yes Valencia but people are not the same even though the injury maybe.

Still a fan to of him yes things haven't went right for the fella or the club age is on his side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Wouldnt it be great to sit down tomorrow to watch the game and everything goes to plan,up 3 nil at half time add another 3 in the second half,no drama just a straight forward thumping being handed out

Na thats mad Ted :D

Wouldnt it be great to sit down tomorrow to watch the game and everything goes to plan,up 3 nil at half time add another 3 in the second half,no drama just a straight forward thumping being handed out

Na thats mad Ted :D

I have a bad feeling about it, those damn draws against the likes of Stoke left an impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

What makes you think he hasn't got the character for the fight??. Please enlighten us on your inside information

I have a bad feeling about it, those damn draws against the likes of Stoke left an impression.

I just hope for an early goal

Trying to remain positive :D

The one against Burnley hurts more then Stoke,till last weekend it was the only point they had got away from home.

Stoke are more then capable of getting a point away from home but Burnley, angry.

user2011 wrote: »
    The one against Burnley hurts more then Stoke,till last weekend it was the only point they had got away from home.

Stoke are more then capable of getting a point away from home but Burnley, angry.

The draw again Arsenal is hurting us the most points wise

Remember Heaton doing a Schmeichel esque save that day from Ibra,a point blank volley and he stopped it with his arm,he was hurt after it

I said to myself fu*k this there will be no goals today

Robson99 wrote: »
    The draw again Arsenal is hurting us the most points wise

No, team at the top end of the table (very capable of nicking a goal) vs a team near the bottom get battered but get away from ot with a point. Burnley for me.

• Advertisement

Remember Heaton doing a Schmeichel esque save that day from Ibra,a point blank volley and he stopped it with his arm,he was hurt after it

I said to myself fu*k this there will be no goals today

That game sucks so much for me. We battered their goal, couldn't get it past the keeper. Still sore from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

This has probably been mentioned already, but don't forget that tomorrow's game is free to view on Sky Sports Mix.

No, team at the top end of the table (very capable of nicking a goal) vs a team near the bottom get battered but get away from ot with a point. Burnley for me.

A win v arsenal would gave us ahead of them in the league

Robson99 wrote: »
    What makes you think he hasn't got the character for the fight??. Please enlighten us on your inside information

I never said I had inside information, and I think he doesn't have the character for the fight based on what I have seen and heard and my own reading of the situation. Luckily for both of us I don't have to justify that opinion to anybody.

To really blow your mind, I think there is a real issue with character in the rest of the current squad as well and its the single biggest reason we remain outside the top four. You might feel that I can't say that unless I spent my days hanging out with the squad or giving them back rubs on the coach as they travel to the game, but here we are and I said it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The mornings paper news,De Gea won't join Madrid as he's still angry over the collapsed move in 2015.
    Ronnie and Tevez could line out for United in Carrick's testimonial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

The mornings paper news,De Gea won't join Madrid as he's still angry over the collapsed move in 2015.

I wonder will we now get daily updates on players staying as the media seemed to be running low on exit rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I'm hoping we get revenge by being one off the few sides to take full points at Turf Moore.

• Who's getting that match winning thread up?
    Is the game on tele?
    Need to hit Bournemouth hard and early too, put the game to bed as croon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Yep, sky sports one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

All good news.

Any more reverse cartwheels on how Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea because the players downed tools?

May be too busy circling Klopp and trying to come up with some explanation for players not bothering their arse when they've won nothing. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement