Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Seething with anger here. Zero excuses, I hope Jose doesn't hide behind the Zlatan incident (As bad as that was).

If we're not good enough to beat a 10 man team who have got 1 point in 2017, we don't deserve top four imo.

Showed a lot of naivety today.

Few beers needed to calm me after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think some people are being harsh on Ibra. His head did get stamped on during the game I don't think you can expect to be at your best after that.

Still don't understand Fellaini coming on unless you're going to launch the ball up to him which when we've got Ibra already it's not really needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Don't understand taking Rooney off. Him and Mata were the only ones showing a bit of hunger.

Agreed. Thought Rooney was very good today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

early march, still 6th. awful

Liam O wrote: »
    Agreed. Thought Rooney was very good today.

rooney was good, wonder how he is feeling seeing fellaini coming on and then going up front!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Well that was absolute rubbish. Pogba missing 2 sitters at the end summed him up. Jones lost us the 2 points. He's not even near United class.

Jones didn't cost us 2 points, don't fool yourself.

Fair enough, he gave away the penalty but how many chances did we miss? Missed a penalty ffs. No excuses.

Not being able to score against relegation fodder with 10 men in the second half is a disgrace, especially considering the hundreds of millions paid out on players.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hate everything about Pogba's style of play. Slow, ponderous horseshít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    United would be bottom half without Zlatan. Who else is going to step up with goals if he doesn't play?

This is your real problem, he scores half of all your goals but when he isn't scoring he is a complete luxury and blocking the career path of players like Martial and Rashford who are young and have legs. They need to get a steady run of starts as strikers, not wide attackers. If Lord Zlatan is signed up for another season (?) then Mourinho will need to do with him what he's done with Rooney rather well but I have a hard time seeing Ibra as a sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Happy enough with the team selected and changes.

Missed chances and a crap Pogba performance are nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Whats the ideal result now in Pool vs Ars game. A draw??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Herrera should never be on the bench. He is crucial for our ability to play quick passing football. Why he wasn't brought on today is baffling.

As soon as Bournemouth went to 10 men you just had that worrying feeling we weren't going to break them down.

Sickening. It doesn't matter how close we are to 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the league because time after time it seems we are incapable of taking advantage of the others slip ups.

Our best chance of champions league football next season will be winning the Europa league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Embarrassing. Utterly embarrassing. 45 minutes against 10 men and barely create a chance.

The team is spineless unfortunately.

I despair at the money Utd spent on Pogba the more I see him. The sort of player you don't want in the trenches with you. Sure the team as a whole were really poor but by god it was a shambolic display from him. Gutless.

I'm going to correct myself from my pre match posts and say that that is most likely top 4 gone. If you can't take three points from a sham of a team like Bournemouth, especially for 45 minutes against 10 men then you may throw your hat at it.

It's looking more and more like a mistake splashing the cash on Pogba.

I'm furious in case anyone hadn't guessed.

Lucas Hood wrote:
    I think some people are being harsh on Ibra. His head did get stamped on during the game I don't think you can expect to be at your best after that.

He wasn't mentally in the game after that I felt. Should have let Pogba hit the pen, but he probably would have tripped on the run up!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Awful display.....they'll regret that big time come the the end of the season!

Oh and Rooney was ****ing awful too. Don't know what game the rest of you were watching.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whats the ideal result now in Pool vs Ars game. A draw??

Draw leaves us even on points with Pool, and a game in hand, and only 2 behind Arsenal.

Really, I don't think there's a bad result; a draw is just the best one.

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Still don't understand Fellaini coming on unless you're going to launch the ball up to him which when we've got Ibra already it's not really needed.
    He was playing deep. Carrick was booked and a sending off wouldn't have helped. The problem when he moved forward was the lack of runners off him and Ibra. When Pogba got close to them late on he got on a few of the 2nd balls and though he messed them up that's what should have been happening since the 70th minute. Fellaini nearly got on one or 2 but the extra pace of Rashford or Martial could have lead to a goal.

bangkok wrote: »
    rooney was good, wonder how he is feeling seeing fellaini coming on and then going up front!!!

Rooney was horrendous!! Did absolutely nothing. Not even his pointless across the field hollywood long balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Who at Bournemouth let Mings do an interview, stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Don't understand taking Rooney off. Him and Mata were the only ones showing a bit of hunger.

Cant understand nit bringing on Herrera.

Rooney was horrendous!! Did absolutely nothing. Not even his pointless across the field hollywood long balls.

Cant really say he was worse than anyone else today myself. But he was on the front foot and urgent, and has plenty of experience. I would have preferred he stayed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Mings lying through his teeth in the interview. A deliberate stamp and he laughs it away. Not that type of player my ****.

Robson99 wrote:

Would have definitely taken him on ahead of Fellaini.

pogba wasnt as bad as ye are all making out, missed a chance but he was playing deep in a midfield 2 with carrick, carrick then went off and there was no one in midfield. lingard left back, fellaini went up front, it was madness

Decuc500 wrote:
    Mings lying through his teeth in the interview. A deliberate stamp and he laughs it away. Not that type of player my ****.

Yip, complete bellend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Mix emotions now, why do we always bottle it, pissed only 5 minutes et joke, seen games with no time wasting and it be 4 extra minutes granted we still would not have scored

Miki is needed back big time

adox wrote: »
    Oh and Rooney was ****ing awful too. Don't know what game the rest of you were watching.

Rooney was far from awful, one of our better players for sure. Disgrace him coming off for Fellaini, sign of how bad things are at the club.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Robson99 wrote: »

Most United attacks resulted in corners and Fellaini is more likely to effect that than Herrera. Taking off Shaw was the surprising one. Lingard didn't have a clue what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Gotta blame Phil Jones for that. What the feck was he thinking?

Too many passengers today and Pogba had a mare when the game needed our big players to stand up. I feel for Jose today, too many of these players can't be trusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

We are where we deserve to be in the league , manager made terrible decisions today. No need for Pogba and Fellani together against 10 men . How bad does Pogba have to play to be substituted, . Crazy leaving a quick minded intelligent player on bench today when it really needed on the pitch . Poor from Mourinho in many ways today.

• Advertisement

Isn't it infuriating? Just as you think Utd may be getting their **** together they put in a performance like that.

I'm annoyed with so many of the players.

I hope Pogba is dropped but I know it won't happen. He's causing more problems than he's solving.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Rooney was far from awful, one of our better players for sure. Disgrace him coming off for Fellaini, sign of how bad things are at the club.

He was fine. He looked the freshest out of a lot of our players, but the guy needs to do more to justify starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

pogba wasnt as bad as ye are all making out, missed a chance but he was playing deep in a midfield 2 with carrick, carrick then went off and there was no one in midfield. lingard left back, fellaini went up front, it was madness

Hahahahaha.

He was crap today. Fellaini did fine when he came on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Liam O wrote: »
    Most United attacks resulted in corners and Fellaini is more likely to effect that than Herrera. Taking off Shaw was the surprising one. Lingard didn't have a clue what to do.

Didn't find it that surprising; Jose brought off a defender for another attacker. He was trying to win by bringing on more firepower, and Bournemouth never really got attacking, so that was a grand tactical decision.

Now, that Lingard offered nothing when he came on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Asbolutely devastating dropped points. Gonna be so tough to finish top 4 with the run in. Really needed to start opening a gap between two of the top 6 because we will drop a lot of points in the run in. Europa League might be best hope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ha ha, Rooney lying through his teeth. Didn't see zlatans but saw Ming's alright. Rooney with his back to the Ming's stamp in the replay. Then hes looking straight at the zlatan elbow.

beno619 wrote: »
    Hahahahaha.

fellaini lol

You can make all the excuses you want. He was atrocious.

secman wrote: »
    We are where we deserve to be in the league , manager made terrible decisions today. No need for Pogba and Fellani together against 10 men . How bad does Pogba have to play to be substituted, . Crazy leaving a quick minded intelligent player on bench today when it really needed on the pitch . Poor from Mourinho in many ways today.

I don't see how this is Jose's fault. The players have been all over Bournemouth and should have been a couple up in the first half. They deserve a big portion of the blame for the ****e they produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Missed the whole game.

How did we not win!?!

• Advertisement

Our inability to put away these crappy mediocre teams is costing us season after season now. I'm sick of this sh*t now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Jones didn't cost us 2 points, don't fool yourself.

Fair enough, he gave away the penalty but how many chances did we miss? Missed a penalty ffs. No excuses.

Not being able to score against relegation fodder with 10 men in the second half is a disgrace, especially considering the hundreds of millions paid out on players.

Yeah of course they missed chances but the needless penalty changed everything. Jones is a liability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

beno619 wrote: »
    Hahahahaha.

Fellaini did absolutely nothing.
    Herrera would have brought way more to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If only Mata had taken the penalty....

What is clear is the Europa League is getting increasingly more important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I'd take Djemba Djemba for Pogba at the rate he's going. Absolute ****ing joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

I'll be glad if Zlatan gets a ban, I hate that no matter how **** he is he will still play every minute of the game, we need to be able to play without him and need others to step up, maybe a ban will force the issue and be better in the long term.

It was obvious from very early on that he was going to be **** today, very annoyed that the manager ignored it yet again.

Totally agree. He should have been rested today but yet again Jose persisted with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

RobertKK wrote: »
    If only Mata had taken the penalty....

What is clear is the Europa League is getting increasingly more important.

Mark my words, we have every chance of losing to Rostov. They're a good team

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Yeah of course they missed chances but the needless penalty changed everything. Jones is a liability.

Yep, needless going to ground in that situation.

edgecutter wrote: »
    Gotta blame Phil Jones for that. I feel for Jose today, too many of these players can't be trusted.

Seriously?

Jose?

The same guy who refused to take off Pogba or Zlatan despite both playing terrible? Or the guy who brought on Lingard at left back? Or the guy who takes Rooney off and brings on Fellaini when we're looking for a goal?

Yeah you'd feel for Jose alright.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Missed the whole game.
    !

Ya lucky devil

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement