Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

Pathetic....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RobertKK wrote: »
    If only Mata had taken the penalty....

What is clear is the Europa League is getting increasingly more important.

To be fair, although Ibra had a really poor game the peno was a well struck peno. Keeper guessed right and made a really good save.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Robson99 wrote: »
    Totally agree. He should have been rested today but yet again Jose persisted with him

He has a had nearly a week to recover! If we didn't win today what would everyone say if Ibra didn't start. The manager can't win.

Besides, where are the goals going to come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

This team doesn't have a shred of bottle. They ran around like a bunch of scared children for the entire second half. They made the joint worst defence in the entire league, with ten men i might add, look like ****ing Capello's Milan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

adox wrote: »
    To be fair, although Ibra had a really poor game the peno was a well struck peno. Keeper guessed right and made a really good save.

Opposition keepers having fantastic games at old Trafford is becoming way too common now, I hate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

This is your real problem, he scores half of all your goals but when he isn't scoring he is a complete luxury and blocking the career path of players like Martial and Rashford who are young and have legs. They need to get a steady run of starts as strikers, not wide attackers. If Lord Zlatan is signed up for another season (?) then Mourinho will need to do with him what he's done with Rooney rather well but I have a hard time seeing Ibra as a sub.

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Fellaini did absolutely nothing.
    Herrera would have brought way more to the team.

Fellaini did fine at the base nice simple use of the ball and didn't slow us down re Pogba he then and caused Bournemouth trouble in the box when he moved forward.

Herrera could have brought more.

spiralism wrote: »
    I'd take Djemba Djemba for Pogba at the rate he's going. Absolute ****ing joke.

Ah come on, he is 23 years old and is entitled to have an off day. All the others hardly stood up either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Hopefully the wankfest over Zlatan calms down now. I reckon if Rashford played every minute Zlatan has up front he would have as many goals as Zlatan has.

Zlatan missed a peno and a bleedin 3 yard sitter and its grand cause he has loads of goals for us. No its not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hococop wrote: »
    Opposition keepers having fantastic games at old Trafford is becoming way too common now, I hate it

Keeper made a good save for the penalty but had very little to do throughout the game.
    He wasn't the difference today.United were pathetic and the lack of leadership on the pitch is worrying.

• Advertisement

edgecutter wrote: »
    Ah come on, he is 23 years old and is entitled to have an off day. All the others hardly stood up either.

Too many off days imo.

Wrong player for the club at this stage of it's evolution post Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

adox wrote: »
    Isn't it infuriating? Just as you think Utd may be getting their **** together they put in a performance like that.

I'm annoyed with so many of the players.

I hope Pogba is dropped but I know it won't happen. He's causing more problems than he's solving.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Players playing **** should be dropped. No matter how much they cost or the hype around them.

Fergie did it with De Gea after buying him for 25 million and it gave him the kick up the backside.

Jose is a changed man, not rising to anything more.

Hococop wrote: »

Mostly bread and butter stuff like most of the other keeper performances at Old Trafford.

Our finishing is the problem.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Hopefully the wankfest over Zlatan calms down now. I reckon if Rashford played every minute Zlatan has up front he would have as many goals as Zlatan has.

Zlatan missed a peno and a bleedin 3 yard sitter and its grand cause he has loads of goals for us. No its not.

He had a bad game today, but the nonsense being spouted about Ibra when he practically handed us a League Cup last week is getting hard to bear. He will go down as the best player we have had this season regardless of this game, because he has won us more games than he has cost us.

His off days have all coincided with crucially important games. He's entitled to have the odd one, not to coast around getting ****e haircuts every week and stringing together hopeless performance after hopeless performance. Biggest waste of money ever, it was a dark day for the club the day they shelled out all that money for him.

He can **** off back to Juventus. I'd pay for his plane ticket

Is Henry retarded....HARSH PENALTY????

Just looking at the Penalty, that's a great penalty. Just met with an equally great save.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Its was criminal that Bournemouth werent punished for the way they defended in the first 20 minutes,they were there for the taking but once again the seasons story of not been able to take chances has come back to haunt us

I thought we started the second half fairly well,were moving the ball well but then halfway through we just stopped trying to play football and panic set in,

Mata was the only one that showed any bit of leadership,he kept going till the end and maybe should have been moved into a central position earlier as he has a football brain,something a few of his team mates were missing today in the second half

There's nothing to suggest that Rashford would have 26 goals and everything to suggest that with Ibras past record that it is because he is playing that the goals have come.

You make it sound like a nothing feat or are hugely underplaying it.

It's not a wankfest. It's recognition of the contribution of one of the games greatest players in recent years making a huge contribution to Utds season.

He had a bad game today, but the nonsense being spouted about Ibra when he practically handed us a League Cup last week is getting hard to bear. He will go down as the best player we have had this season regardless of this game, because he has won us more games than he has cost us.

**** **** **** ****. Thats all i read. :)

Yes but people say silly things in the heat of moment. Fans are ficklee

• Advertisement

His off days have all coincided with crucially important games. He's entitled to have the odd one, not to coast around getting ****e haircuts every week and stringing together hopeless performance after hopeless performance. Biggest waste of money ever, it was a dark day for the club the day they shelled out all that money for him.

He can **** off back to Juventus. I'd pay for his plane ticket

Fair enough, but it is his first season with his (don't pretend that his youth days count) and we should judge him in at least his second. He will get better and we look far more of a threat with him than without.

Didnt work as an excuse for Cleverley and doesn't work for Lingard. He's 23 not 18 he's been pathetic for the past month after an inconsistent first half of the season.

**** **** **** ****. Thats all i read. :)

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

I don't see how this is Jose's fault. The players have been all over Bournemouth and should have been a couple up in the first half. They deserve a big portion of the blame for the ****e they produced.

So we needed Pogba and Fellani together ! Pogba being left on for full match. Herrera warming the bench... who's call is that. Players fcked up today as did the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

This is your real problem, he scores half of all your goals but when he isn't scoring he is a complete luxury and blocking the career path of players like Martial and Rashford who are young and have legs. They need to get a steady run of starts as strikers, not wide attackers. If Lord Zlatan is signed up for another season (?) then Mourinho will need to do with him what he's done with Rooney rather well but I have a hard time seeing Ibra as a sub.

That's his position.

beno619 wrote: »
    Didnt work as an excuse for Cleverley and doesn't work for Lingard. He's 23 not 18 he's been pathetic for the past month after an inconsistent first half of the season.

Cleverly would offer nothing in all the games he played and Lingard is extremely inconsistent. Blame Jones for royally fecking us today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Is Henry retarded....HARSH PENALTY????

Just looking at the Penalty, that's a great penalty. Just met with an equally great save.

The two penalties given are the only thing the referee deserves credit for in that game. The first one was blatant - there's no argument imo against it.

The second one was a clear handball but a hard one for the referee and linesman to catch. But they did and awarded us rightly.

secman wrote: »
    So we needed Pogba and Fellani together ! Pogba being left on for full match. Herrera warming the bench... who's call is that. Players fcked up today as did the manager.

We have a lot of games still to play. I can only assume that because Bournemouth were playing so deep Jose felt that hitting a few long balls would cause disruption. It didn't work, but the players should have had the game buried in the first 25mins and I blame them more than Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The two penalties given are the only thing the referee deserves credit for in that game. The first one was blatant - there's no argument imo against it.

The second one was a clear handball but a hard one for the referee and linesman to catch. But they did and awarded us rightly.

I think the first pen was soft. I get why the ref gave it from his angle but on subsequent viewings, Jones makes next to no contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

So, did Ibra get a yellow for the elbow? Means he can't be retrospectively punished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Come on people, Lingard was brought on as a left back for some silly reason today. Can't believe there is criticism of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Degag wrote: »
    So, did Ibra get a yellow for the elbow? Means he can't be retrospectively punished?

No, booked for dissent after the Bournemouth penalty. He was in foul humour all game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He was booked earlier on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

No but he did get the same talking to that Arter did to avoid being sent off so that's what I'm clinging on to.

Liam O wrote: »
    No but he did get the same talking to that Arter did to avoid being sent off so that's what I'm clinging on to.

Well a lot of posters here want him benched for a few games so I am sure they feel differently.

• Advertisement

I can't see Ibra getting a retrospective ban. The ref took an age talking to him and Rooney so must have seen the incident.

The ref bottled it big time although he was **** all game.

Bournemouth got away with some pretty nasty and cynical challenges.

Cleverly would offer nothing in all the games he played and Lingard is extremely inconsistent. Blame Jones for royally fecking us today.

That doesn't refutes the fact the Pogba's age is a poor excuse for his abject performance.

It's Jones first mistake of the season so I'll give him a pass.

Pogba's pathetic performances must outweigh his outstanding ones at this stage.

Well a lot of posters here want him benched for a few games so I am sure they feel differently.

A lot of posters here get silly notions after a disappointing performance.

beno619 wrote: »
    That doesn't refutes the fact the Pogba's age is poor excuse for his abject performance.

It's Jones first mistake of the season so I'll give him a pass.

Pogba's pathetic performances must outweigh his outstanding ones at this stage.

Oh please, where would we be without the much maligned Pogba and Ibra? Certainly out of the cups and possibly 10th, but don't let that get in the way of finding someone to vilify for today's performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I feel sick.

Was out looking at it in a hotel with my girlfriend and her ma says to me messing 'ha will ya lighten up!'.. felt like punching her in the face.

• Advertisement

Pogba will do precisely **** all at the club until he changes his attitude. Lose the ****e haircuts and galactico bull**** and put the ****ing head down. If not, then he can get on the plane and **** off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I don't understand how people can blame Jones for the dropped points for giving away a penalty but don't say anything about Ibra missing one.

I wouldn't blame Jones today even though I don't rate him highly. He was obviously trying to block a shot, but the attacker feigned and turned back to draw the foul. It was very clever and honestly there's very little he could do. If he didn't make an effort to block a shot and the lad just stroked it into the net he would be blamed too.

Pogba will do precisely **** all at the club until he changes his attitude. Lose the ****e haircuts and galactico bull**** and put the ****ing head down. If not, then he can get on the plane and **** off

I remember hearing a lot of this kind of attitude when Ronaldo wasn't quite producing the goods for us. Give the player some time.

Had to laugh at this on twitter:

Zlatan stamped on the head and headbutted on the elbow within seconds. Unbelievable restraint.

Oh please, where would we be without the much maligned Pogba and Ibra? Certainly out of the cups and possibly 10th, but don't let that get in the way of finding someone to vilify for today's performance.

Age isn't an excuse for Pogba, you can keep changing your argument as much as you like.

My criticism of Pogba has been consistent even in games we've won.

I don't understand how people can blame Jones for the dropped points for giving away a penalty but don't say anything about Ibra missing one.

I wouldn't blame Jones today even though I don't rate him highly. He was obviously trying to block a shot, but the attacker feigned and turned back to draw the foul. It was very clever and honestly there's very little he could do. If he didn't make an effort to block a shot and the lad just stroked it into the net he would be blamed too.

If the player had a shooting opportunity I would agree, but there wasn't any need to go off his feet like he did in that area of the pitch. It was brainless and that is putting it politely.

I remember hearing a lot of this kind of attitude when Ronaldo wasn't quite producing the goods for us. Give the player some time.

If you are comparing Pogba to Ronaldo without a shred of irony, that tells it's own story.

Fans used to be raging at **** like this from Ronaldo when he was like 17. Pogba is 23 and has played in a euros and a champions league final.

If you are comparing Pogba to Ronaldo without a shred of irony, that tells it's own story.

Fans used to be raging at **** like this from Ronaldo when he was like 17. Pogba is 23 and has played in a euros and a champions league final.

I was implying that it took Ronaldo some time to get going and maybe some people need to offer Pogba another season to gain consistency. Besides, your posts are way over the top today with vitriol against a player that has helped us win many games this season.

• Beno is spot on lads.
    No excuse can be used for that head wrecking performance from Pogba.
    He had multiple chances to win the game for utd too and he fluffed around with indecision.
    Too many needless touches and some awful attempts at forward passes.

He defended like an amateur all game and for the peno. He should have stayed on his feet for the peno. It was brain dead defending.

Mind you the rest weren't much better and should be held accountable as a collective.

The ****ing midfield is driving me bonkers and the sight of Pogba prancing around like a show pony. The sooner that gets sorted the sooner things will slot into place.

You have to question the character of a lot of the players through. They are specialising in grasping a draw/defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement