Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im not sad more annoyed.

I can get over annoyed. We should have won. Missing chance after chance, but at least we are going in right direction.

Now of course we should be aiming for much more, but if we had only taken 10% of the easy chances we missed we be in great position. Ifs buts and maybe I know but we are going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

edgecutter wrote: »
    He had a bad game today, but the nonsense being spouted about Ibra when he practically handed us a League Cup last week is getting hard to bear. He will go down as the best player we have had this season regardless of this game, because he has won us more games than he has cost us.

Its not about Ibra. Thats the thing people need to realise, its not about him, its about everybody else.

Zlatan can look back on his season with a lot of pride, he has done everything he can and far exceeded expectations, and fair play to him. But it isn't about him, its about Martial and Rooney and Mata and Lingard and Pogba and everybody else who needs to stop ****ing hiding behind Zlatans goals and start producing, because he will be gone sooner than later and they need to be able to do it when he isn't there.

I notice Pogba is getting all the flack but once again Martial seems to be getting away with it? If ever there was a serial killer on the loose I wouldn't worry about Martial anyway, theres a lad good at hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Beno is spot on lads.
    No excuse can be used for that head wrecking performance from Pogba.
    He had multiple chances to win the game for utd too and he fluffed around with indecision.
    Too many needless touches and some awful attempts at forward passes.

I agree, he had a poor game. However, the posts telling him to '**** off back to Juve' is childish.

Phil Jones seems to be given a pass today and I feel he deserves more criticism than anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Mings denies intentionally stamping on Ibra "I would never do that. I like to tackle but off the ball things like that is not my game"

Zlatan: "You have the TV, you can see the images. I jump up and jump high and Mings jumps into my elbow."

:o

• I'd like to add martial was piss poor again
    And I didn't agree with Jose for taking off shaw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

I was implying that it took Ronaldo some time to get going and maybe some people need to offer Pogba another season to gain consistency. Besides, your posts are way over the top today with vitriol against a player that has helped us win many games this season.

Many games.... I'd say 3 r 4 at most.
    Also you can't blame Jones for todays result. The penalty was slightly harsh, but that aside we barely worked their keeper for 50 mins and they only had 10 men.
    More of a manager and attacking players problem /fault than Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

spiralism wrote: »
    If you are comparing Pogba to Ronaldo without a shred of irony, that tells it's own story.

Fans used to be raging at **** like this from Ronaldo when he was like 17. Pogba is 23 and has played in a euros and a champions league final.

Plus you can indulge that inconsistency/going missing from players a lot more with wide or even forward players.

To have a player in the centre of the park putting in performances like today just isn't acceptable. It's too crucial an area of the pitch to indulge him and he seems to be needed to be indulged. We don't have the players around him to begin to accomadate him and I stil think the timing was wrong to sign him.

Having said that, he has a shed load of experience at the highest level and shouldn't be putting in a performance like today. Everyone can have a bad game but he has had too many. He was as lazy as **** today, made some terrible decisions and executed them poorly. He doesn't seem to have in any way a good footballing brain and if it's not instinctive he can't control a game in any way shape of form.

An indulgence Utd can't afford at this stage of their progression imo no matter how much talent he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Robson99 wrote: »
    Many games.... I'd say 3 r 4 at most.
    Also you can't blame Jones for todays result. The penalty was slightly harsh, but that aside we barely worked their keeper for 50 mins and they only had 10 men.
    More of a manager and attacking players problem /fault than Jones

Why can't we blame Jones? It was a penalty. He had a poor game and helped Bournemouth back into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Robson99 wrote: »
    but that aside we barely worked their keeper for 50 mins and they only had 10 men.

This is the most disappointing thing, it wasn't a siege in that second half the way it should have been against a ****e team that were down to ten men, we never looked like scoring or creating any viable chances. I was angry for a few seconds about another ****e team cheating their manager by only performing well against a big club but it wasn't even that, our lot were just useless today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rooney offered very little, Zlatan poor, Pogba was atrocious and Lingard.... Lingard, just no

Im not sad more annoyed.

I can get over annoyed. We should have won. Missing chance after chance, but at least we are going in right direction.

Now of course we should be aiming for much more, but if we had only taken 10% of the easy chances we missed we be in great position. Ifs buts and maybe I know but we are going forward.

We created more in the first half against 11 than we did against 10'in the second.

A damming inditement of the character of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Why can't we blame Jones? It was a penalty. He had a poor game and helped Bournemouth back into it.

And what about our inability to creat anything in the second half.????
    One goal at home again cannon fodder is the problem not Jones!!!
    They scored their pen, we missed ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »
    We created more in the first half against 11 than we did against 10'in the second.

A damming inditement of the character of the team.

With ten men they gave up playing and kept 2 banks of 4, very disciplined and we were simply too slow and predictable in our play to break them down. Players taking 3 or 4 touches when one was needed,you could see Mata going crazy with Pogba etc.over doing this and then any space that was there was closed off as our players dawdled on the ball.

Pogba :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I'm going to concede that the title is out of the question now. :(

• Advertisement

is it worth my sanity reading the match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Kyle Martino on NBC doesn't have a clue what he's talking about saying Zlatan will miss Europa league games if he's banned by the fa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ibra cleared things up anyway.. Zlatan says he went for the ball and the guy jumped into his elbow it was unfortunate

After the Ibra & Mings incident, the thread was a right mess

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Kyle Martino on NBC doesn't have a clue what he's talking about saying Zlatan will miss Europa league games if he's banned by the fa.

Thats how soccerball works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Zlatan "He jumped into my elbow" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How many good games has Pogba had this season

After the Ibra & Mings incident, the thread was a right mess

Cheers Ill leave that one alone so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Korat wrote: »
    I'm going to concede that the title is out of the question now. :(

Nothing is impossible but I would have thought most would be conceded that we won't be winning the title, especially since we are still fighting to try push into the top 4.

It feels like a wasted day but the top 6 is so close anything can really happen before end of season.

Also it's probably been mentioned many times before but we've drawn more than won at home this season. Bit mad. Only the 9th best home record in the league.

Draw in this evenings game and an Everton win tomorrow its back to square one... It be grand but we 100 percent need a and out and out goal scorer this summer to work with Zlatan.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Draw in this evenings game and an Everton win tomorrow its back to square one... It be grand but we 100 percent need a and out and out goal scorer this summer to work with Zlatan.

A draw, a Liverpool win, Arsenal win in the order of preference for me today.

A win today and it was win win anyway, but draw be best outcome now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

When Oranage2 takes the time to post in a match thread that should tell you all you need to know tbh.

It actually wasn't too bad in fairness.

A bit of hand wringing from a few but other than that nothing major.

Its at stage of the season that no other team can have real carte blanche to take the piss considering a lot of the results since August.

With the exception of Chelsea everyone below them have had a lot of stinkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

GSPfan wrote: »
    Hopefully the wankfest over Zlatan calms down now. I reckon if Rashford played every minute Zlatan has up front he would have as many goals as Zlatan has.

Zlatan missed a peno and a bleedin 3 yard sitter and its grand cause he has loads of goals for us. No its not.

ah would you quit... The only reason you are where you are in the table is because of Zlatan... at the moment utd are a one man team...

Jose - Nobody ask why we miss the penalty

Q - Why did you miss the penalty?

Jose - For 4 months we do not train because we never get penalties

:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

The pogba meltdown in here is actually ridicoulous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

mada999 wrote: »
    ah would you quit... The only reason you are where you are in the table is because of Zlatan... at the moment utd are a one man team...

Oh look. It's the guy that was complaining about United fans sticking the boot in the other day in the Liverpool match thread... only he goes to the United superthread to do it...

Oh look. It's the guy that was complaining about United fans sticking the boot in the other day in the Liverpool match thread... only he goes to the United superthread to do it...

He is still stating the truth. Zlatan has an off day and people want him replaced but he has been the one thats done the most to even get us in touching distance of the top 4 and he won us the cup last weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Da **** is going on. Missed this game.

Apparently Pogba is much, Jones has gone from unreal to a piece of ****...Ibra has gone from a legend too a liability. da **** happened. It's a draw.

We will easily get top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Everything is ****.

Start again.

Looks good to me.

bangkok wrote: »
    The pogba meltdown in here is actually ridicoulous

You're blind defence of him on here is what is ridiculous.

A draw, a Liverpool win, Arsenal win in the order of preference for me today.

A win today and it was win win anyway, but draw be best outcome now

I'll be cheering for Arsenal.

I expect a Liverpool win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It will help the bank balance if nothing else I suppose.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

pogba wasnt as bad as ye are all making out, missed a chance but he was playing deep in a midfield 2 with carrick, carrick then went off and there was no one in midfield. lingard left back, fellaini went up front, it was madness

Seriously! I know you get a bit of flak but you are seriously putting your hand out to be slapped here. Pogba was poor today, touch was bad, distribution was poor, little of tackling either, made a few bad decisions too. But if you are into it, his hair allegedly looked good :)

Very poor value for money, not a patch on Kante.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

secman wrote: »
    Seriously! I know you get a bit of flak but you are seriously putting your hand out to be slapped here. Pogba was poor today, touch was bad, distribution was poor, little of tackling either, made a few bad decisions too. But if you are into it, his hair allegedly looked good :)

Very poor value for money, not a patch on Kante.

Non sense. Pogba created 3 excellent chances to Mata, Rooney and Zlatan. He also won penalty. So in a game he created 4 excellent chances and that's a good performance for a midfielder.

Also not sure about this Kante thing, We are not scoring goals because of poor conversion rate. Kante won't fix that.

• Advertisement

Pogba winning a penalty... Come on now it was a handball. Nothing special there.

Over touched the ball, over hit his passes, awful free kick, list possession quite easily a few times... He was poor. Missed sitters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Nalz wrote: »
    Pogba winning a penalty... Come on now it was a handball. Nothing special there.

Over touched the ball, over hit his passes, awful free kick, list possession quite easily a few times... He was poor. Missed sitters too.

Were you excepting somersault to win penalty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

You're blind defence of him on here is what is ridiculous.

7 goals, 4 assists in his first season, could easily be on 15 goals only for post/crossbar.

he does the extraordinary sometimes it comes off, sometimes not, but thats what being a Utd player is all about.

today he lined up beside Carrick in a midfield 2, did fine first half, passing was good. carrick goes off today and the team goes to crap, lingard left back, fellaini up front it was crazy. pogba misses that chance and he is the one to take all the flak.

nothing about his brilliant pass to set up rooney for a chance or his effort that nearly went into the top corner only for a good save from boruc, or his other chance the boruc saved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

7 goals, 4 assists in his first season, could easily be on 15 goals only for post/crossbar.

he does the extraordinary sometimes it comes off, sometimes not, but thats what being a Utd player is all about.

today he lined up beside Carrick in a midfield 2, did fine first half, passing was good. carrick goes off today and the team goes to crap, lingard left back, fellaini up front it was crazy. pogba misses that chance and he is the one to take all the flak.

nothing about his brilliant pass to set up rooney for a chance or his effort that nearly went into the top corner only for a good save from boruc, or his other chance the boruc saved

He missed the chance so obviously he gets the flak, your logic is that if he hit the back of the net instead of the crossbar he'd have more goals?? Really?

You are making excuses for him constantly. Carrick went off. It's Fellainis fault. Carrick played for 70 minutes. You seem to be insinuating he came off at half time.

He was brutal today overall. He was poor in the first half which I said at half time and was worse in the second half.

I honestly don't know how anyone can begin to defend his performance today.

Also Pogba winning a penalty being forward as a plus point? Come on. He tried to cross a ball and the defender decided to block it with his arm.

Grasping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

On a positive note I thought Shaw did quite well today. Rojo steady back in the middle as well.

Rooney wasnt terrible either.

The team put out today should have gotten a result and the chances were there in the first half so I'd back Jose's rotation today.

After seeing lineups I put few quid on Liverpool.

Expect also.

I missed the game, sounds like a few of the starting 11 did too.

Expect also.

After the price drifting I backed Arsenal between us that should lock up the draw :D

Expect also.

Yep although I think Wenger starting Giroud is a positive.

Of course an Arsenal win is the least favourable to Utd but I just can't bring myself to cheer for Liverpool.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement