Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

stankratz wrote: »
    I missed the game, sounds like a few of the starting 11 did too.

You can ask me my opinion on Pogbas performance today if you want as I may not have made it clear. :D

No one played well. Maybe both fullbacks did ok but that's about it. Started well, created loads of chances(and gave up a few too) and then got progressively worse.

It was a little like watching Van Gaals Utd for the last 20 minutes or so. Little or nothing created and you never felt they looked like creating anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

adox wrote: »
    You can ask me my opinion on Pogbas performance today if you want as I may not have made it clear. :D

No one played well. Maybe both fullbacks did ok but that's about it. Started well, created loads of chances(and gave up a few too) and then got progressively worse.

It was a little like watching Van Gaals Utd for the last 20 minutes or so. Little or nothing created and you never felt they looked like creating anything.

That chance that came off the inside of Ibra's knee was a sign that it was going to be another one of those days

Thought Mata did ok,but I was disappointed that Herrera didnt get a run out in the second half he brings a bit of life to the CM but Jose went with Fellaini instead,still baffled about Lingard being brought on and played at LB

I can read between the lines, I got the subtext from your previous posts :pac:

Sounds like a highly-frustrating match. Bournemouth down to 10 men, we miss a penalty, no Herrera in the team.

We've 1 league game left this month on the 19th v Middlesbrough. I'd say "That's us in 6th until at least April" but Everton have 3 league games between now and our next one. They might not get any points away against Spurs this weekend, but with home games following that against WBA and Hull, Everton could have edged us down to 7th by the time we play in the league again. Fúckin 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

While I only caught the (crazy) first half, I see there remains no middle ground when it comes to evaluating Pogba after a bad performance. Like those other supporters in Merseyside get flack for their over-reaction to good runs and over-hyping of players etc. Same goes for the Arsenal TV set. But in truth, most "die-hard" fans are the same.

I actually thought Pogba wasn't great myself from what I saw, but yes let's all resort to the over-reactionary response rather than lump everyone into the same basket (another game of frustration up front). How much did he cost again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jayo26 wrote: »
    He is still stating the truth. Zlatan has an off day and people want him replaced but he has been the one thats done the most to even get us in touching distance of the top 4 and he won us the cup last weekend.

One man team my arse. How many MOTM awards has he? How many times has he been the best United player on the pitch in your opinion?

I love the guy and he's a brilliant player but a lot of those goals have come in games where he's done very little but that's his game now anyway. He was bought for goals and he's providing.
    We are a million miles away from a one man team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

You are making excuses for him constantly. Carrick went off. It's Fellainis fault. Carrick played for 70 minutes. You seem to be insinuating he came off at half time.

He was brutal today overall. He was poor in the first half which I said at half time and was worse in the second half.

I honestly don't know how anyone can begin to defend his performance today.

im not making excuses for anyone, pogba has been very good for us. the problem is he cost 89m (not his fault) and everyone is expecting miracles every game. he is a player that tries things and is not afraid to get the ball and try things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

That chance that came off the inside of Ibra's knee was a sign that it was going to be another one of those days

Thought Mata did ok,but I was disappointed that Herrera didnt get a run out in the second half he brings a bit of life to the CM but Jose went with Fellaini instead,still baffled about Lingard being brought on and played at LB
    Thought he took Shaw off because of his first game back. Would have dropped Carrick back and gone 3 at the back . Rashford and Herrera for Shaw and Rooney
    Cannot figure Lingard role when he came on. Bring on Lingard and Fellani to try and win a game says a lot about how average our squad is.
    Need 2 good middle of the park playrs in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I actually think Pogba does care and try

I think his biggest problem is that he trying to do everything and not really finding his place in the side.

He been average this season imo, but we know he still got the potential

bangkok wrote: »
    im not making excuses for anyone, pogba has been very good for us. the problem is he cost 89m (not his fault) and everyone is expecting miracles every game. he is a player that tries things and is not afraid to get the ball and try things.

You are making excuses for him and you are agin in the above post.

No one is expecting miracles from him, just a decent level of performance. I don't think you have once criticised a display of his since he arrived and go out of your way to defend him when others are criticising him.

A bit like deaddonkey was earlier in the season with Rooney.

No one is expecting miracles from him, just a decent level of performance. I don't think you have once criticised a display of his since he arrived and go out of your way to defend him when others are criticising him.

anyone got his passing stats for today or his touch map?

• Advertisement

I actually think Pogba does care and try

I think his biggest problem is that he trying to do everything and not really finding his place in the side.

He been average this season imo, but we know he still got the potential

The problem as I see it is, he's the icing on the cake type player. The problem is we haven't baked the cake yet and let it cool. He may turn out to be a great signing but I think the timing is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Thought Mata did ok

He didn't do anything though.

Games like these are why I don't like Mata all that much, he is a senior player and in a game like today where they are defending deep and we aren't playing well, he is one that should be making the difference, the one that should be creating the chances and inspiring the younger lads.

And he never does it. He is a good player, he has the talent and I'm sure his stats are fine, but its never the Mata show, he never drags us through tough times or improves the players around him. He is just there, and if we are playing **** then most probably he will do very little as well.

Thats not the case with the great players, as we see so often with Zlatan.

anyone got his passing stats for today or his touch map?

I tell you what I do have. My eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The problem as I see it is, he's the icing on the cake type player. The problem is we haven't baked the cake yet and let it cool. He may turn out to be a great signing but I think the timing is wrong.

Thats a fair point imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Had to stop watching before they got the peno. To say that I was shcoked to see 1-1 is a total understatement.

While obviously feel this team bottle every opening, and wasn't totally shocked with a draw, after watching the first 30 minutes I was somewhat surprised. Bournemouth are gash defensively.

Really rubbish result

I tell you what I do have. My eyes.

Agreed. Stats wont show how often he made the wrong decision or took two touches too many or went for the ball over the top continuously when it wasn't on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Disagree. He has no more been average this season. The issue people want 40 goals a season from a 90 mil player.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Disagree. He has no more been average this season. The issue people want 40 goals a season from a 90 mil player.

No it isn't. Who on here has complained about his goal scoring record? Who in their right mind is expecting any player in England to score 40 goals?

timing is wrong to sign a fantastic player?? that doesnt make sense.

so should we not sign griezmann either next summer as he's the icing on the cake type player too?

• Advertisement

Robson99 wrote: »
    Agreed. Stats wont show how often he made the wrong decision or took two touches too many or went for the ball over the top continuously when it wasn't on

again that didnt happen for 90mins. his passing was fine for the position he was playing, kept it moving from right to left and vice versa

so should we not sign griezmann either next summer as he's the icing on the cake type player too?

He's not going to play in the centre of the pitch.

He didn't do anything though.

Games like these are why I don't like Mata all that much, he is a senior player and in a game like today where they are defending deep and we aren't playing well, he is one that should be making the difference, the one that should be creating the chances and inspiring the younger lads.

And he never does it. He is a good player, he has the talent and I'm sure his stats are fine, but its never the Mata show, he never drags us through tough times or improves the players around him. He is just there, and if we are playing **** then most probably he will do very little as well.
    Yeah my thinking as well. Good squad player but as you say for an experienced player he never seems to drag us through a tough game.
    But someone will have the stats to prove us wrong I'm sure.
    Lacks the yard of pace to be a top player and the whole set up today lacked pace and tempo

When we seemingly lost the rag today and were rushing everything Mata was at least trying to calm us down and get us playing football not saying he was great but far far from the worst. Honestly that 2nd half I want erased next to no composure on the ball against a 10 man Bouremouth is inexcusable.

Personally I think we need to sort out the middle of the park and get another centre half first

again that didnt happen for 90mins. his passing was fine for the position he was playing, kept it moving from right to left and vice versa

When we needed him to step up in the second half he was very poor. Cleverly could keep it moving from right to left. I would expect a bit more than that from Pogba and a bit more urgency /tempo in his game

• Advertisement

No it isn't. Who on here has complained about his goal scoring record? Who in their right mind is expecting any player in England to score 40 goals?

You are just moaning with no solutions. You'd swear we have a championship side going by your over reactions.

When we needed him to step up in the second half he was very poor. Cleverly could keep it moving from right to left. I would expect a bit more than that from Pogba and a bit more urgency /tempo in his game

when you are on the ball in midfield and you look up and zlatan and fellaini are the 2 strikers there is not much more you can do than pass it in high, neither are going to turn a man and run in behind, then you have to ask who is in midfield with pogba and the answer is no one.

when you are on the ball in midfield and you look up and zlatan and fellaini are the 2 strikers there is not much more you can do than pass it in high, neither are going to turn a man and run in behind, then you have to ask who is in midfield with pogba and the answer is no one.

You are really looking for excuses to defend him!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Were you excepting somersault to win penalty?

No. No nope no.

My point was he shouldn't be applauded for that penalty being given.

I think you knew exactly what I meant though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

One man team my arse. How many MOTM awards has he? How many times has he been the best United player on the pitch in your opinion?

I love the guy and he's a brilliant player but a lot of those goals have come in games where he's done very little but that's his game now anyway. He was bought for goals and he's providing.
    We are a million miles away from a one man team.

Ha yeh he was overdoing it on the one man team bit but that can be expected from him but we would be alot worse off without Zlatan this year.

• Advertisement

You are just moaning with no solutions. You'd swear we have a championship side going by your over reactions.

We drew at home to cannon fodder this afternoon. A team that played with 10 men for 45 minutes. And you accuse me of moaning?

I've offered plenty of opinion on what I think is wrong and right with the team all season.

The only contributions I can remember from you are laughing at a player being injured and claiming we expect Pogba to score 40 goals.

Have a read through my posts if you want to see what I think is right and wrong with the club.

You are really looking for excuses to defend him!!!!!

here, i cant win either way, i defend pogba i get crap, i say how poor fellaini is i get crap.

this thread sometimes.....

world class finish from welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Hopefully Arsenal can equalise now!!!

here, i cant win either way, i defend pogba i get crap, i say how poor fellaini is i get crap.

this thread sometimes.....

You see the problem is...that's what you do. Defend Pogba no matter what and criticise Fellaini no matter what.

Couldnt do it against Bayern when it mattered :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nalz wrote: »
    No. No nope no.

My point was he shouldn't be applauded for that penalty being given.

I think you knew exactly what I meant though.

Pogba chased down a no hope ball to get the cross in that hit the defenders arm.. he definitely should be applauded for winning that peno..

That doesn't take away from the fact the rest of his performance was mediocre though

We drew at home to cannon fodder this afternoon. A team that played with 10 men for 45 minutes. And you accuse me of moaning?

I've offered plenty of opinion on what I think is wrong and right with the team all season.

The only contributions I can remember from you are laughing at a player being injured and claiming we expect Pogba to score 40 goals.

Have a read through my posts if you want to see what I think is right and wrong with the club.

Yeah we obviously should have one but that's why we watch football. Because it's unpredictable. We'll probably go and beat Arsenal or another top team. We aren't half as bad as you are giving us credit for.

Yeah we obviously should have one but that's why we watch football. Because it's unpredictable. We'll probably go and beat Arsenal or another top team. We aren't half as bad as you are giving us credit for.

Where am I being over critical of the team? I give my opinions from game to game. I've stated I think the midfield needs sorting to be successful, my reservations about the Pogba signing, my preference for the CB positions etc.

Also you say I'm being over critical of the team but I notice you didn't even watch the game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

People need to breathe, today's result is what a lot of the top 6 bar Chelsea have been doing all season - getting some strange results.

• Advertisement

You see the problem is...that's what you do. Defend Pogba no matter what and criticise Fellaini no matter what.

pogba has been here for 6 months and has done well over all. fellaini is in his 4th season and you are incorrect saying i criticise fellaini no matter what, i said he played well when he did play well, which in fairness was few and far between

pogba has been here for 6 months and has done well over all. fellaini is in his 4th season and you are incorrect saying i criticise fellaini no matter what, i said he played well when he did play well, which in fairness was few and far between

It's an endless loop with you. No point in continuing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

RobertKK wrote: »
    People need to breathe, today's result is what a lot of the top 6 bar Chelsea have been doing all season - getting some strange results.

That's a cop out to be honest.

45 minutes at home against 10 men and we can't beat them. It's become a habit for Utd at home these sort of results. I'd prefer to ask and explore why instead of "sure the rest are doing it too"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I defended Rooney from over the top criticism, gross exaggerations and silly videos of his mistakes. I defended him from the hypocrisy and double standards of many on this thread. I questioned the need to remove him from a team that, at the time, was winning games and in the top 4. There's nothing wrong with that, and there's nothing wrong with Bangkok's defense of Pogba either. We're not obligated to conform to whatever opinion the unofficial thread police may have.

For what it's worth, I only saw today's game from the 54th minute on and I thought Pogba was particularly poor and frustrating. He hasn't set the world alight this season at all but it's early days in his United career yet. Didn't think much of Rooney's performance either, whist Mata and Martial were both anonymous. The subs were disappointing.

IWe're not obligated to conform to whatever opinion the unofficial thread police may have.

Haha. Of course you aren't and there are no unofficial thread police(such nonsense)

You can post whatever you want about any player you want but you will be questioned over it and disagreed with from opposing views.

Your defence of Rooney earlier in the season was blind loyalty to the player he once was and was boardering on laughable at one stage where you kept bringing him up when he wasn't being discussed.

It was blind defending of the players form imo and that's why I compared Bangkok to you with Pogba.

Post all you want about a player but don't expect to be called on it if it reads like nonsense.

Haha. Of course you aren't and there are no unofficial thread police(such nonsense)

You can post whatever you want about any player you want but you will be questioned over it and disagreed with from opposing views.

Your defence of Rooney earlier in the season was blind loyalty to the player he once was and was boardering on laughable at one stage where you kept bringing him up when he wasn't being discussed.

It was blind defending of the players form imo and that's why I compared Bangkok to you with Pogba.

Post all you want about a player but don't expect to be called on it if it reads like nonsense.

but posters on here calling pogba a "fu*king cu*t" or a useless donkey etc is acceptable??

but posters on here calling pogba a "fu*king cu*t" or a useless donkey etc is acceptable??

No of course not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That's not acceptable at all and in fairness if you see that you should be reporting the post.. I haven't seen anyone call him that.. care to back it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That's a cop out to be honest.

45 minutes at home against 10 men and we can't beat them. It's become a habit for Utd at home these sort of results. I'd prefer to ask and explore why instead of "sure the rest are doing it too"

We can't change the result.

We should have won, I think the incident with Zlatan and Mings (the stamp) affected the game, similar to how when Shaw broke his leg ended up affecting that game.
    United did everything bar score when at 1-1, and should have been well ahead before it ever went 1-1.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement