Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

En Suites

• 26-01-2017 12:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Vile vile spaces.

My missus hates listening to me squeezing one out in the morning and if I drop a howler the stench permeates the bedroom. They are handy for a 3am whizz though.

Fortunately we're moving to a normal house shortly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

They are called bathrooms outside of the UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Is the en suite the only bathroom in your house? If not (I hope not) would you not just use another bathroom and give your poor wife a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

what if there's no bath in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Well la de da... an "en suite". Does one have jeeves wipe your bottom for you when you're done?

Go make poopy in your garden like a real man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

what if there's no bath in them?

Toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Change your diet/sleep patterns/first cigarette of the day. You're a real amateur OP. You should always aim to get rid of the demon of dinners past 'on the clock' in work. Take your time, as long as it's on company time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Ours has a door that we find quite handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Vile vile spaces.

My missus hates listening to me squeezing one out in the morning and if I drop a howler the stench permeates the bedroom. They are handy for a 3am whizz though.

Vile vile spaces.

And your missus' ? Does she dump al fresco ? Stand your ground , man .It's the last bastion of manhood to be able to dump in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

And your missus' ? Does she dump al fresco ? Stand your ground , man .It's the last bastion of manhood to be able to dump in peace.

Don't be a cuck use a chamber pot on her side of the bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

laugh wrote: »

Don't be a cuck use a chamber pot on her side of the bed.
    Pffff beta. Sh1t right on the bed like an alpha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Stravos Murphy

The Celtic tiger 2 square meters ensuite is handy when you have it exiting both ends and can sit on the toilet and rest on the sink.

No problem with them myself. Pro-tip: It it's gonna be a stinker, flush when it hits the water and then continue as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

:confused:

no they're not. A bathroom has a bath in it. An en suite is accessible directly off a bedroom, not the hallway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I would get stage fright knowing that someone can hear every movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Robineen

They were a huge bonus in houseshares. Everyone had to look after their own bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I hate them. I dont need a toilet that close to my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Godsend having your own bathroom when you have kids, espcially older ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Useful when we have guests staying (or when both of us got food poisoning), but otherwise a royal waste of space. Would rather have storage space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

The unwritten rule;

" No solids in the ensuite"

First world problems!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

I love my ensuite, although its another bathroom to clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭wijam

Robineen wrote: »
    They were a huge bonus in houseshares. Everyone had to look after their own bathroom.

Agreed, god send in a house share

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why would people hate en-suite bathrooms when they are very handy?

Our one is in apartment and is of a decent size, like in a hotel not the original poky ones that some older 3 bed semi houses have.

Great when people stay over to have 2 bathrooms. Wouldn’t live anywhere now without one.

For those worried about smells, I usually find closing the door when leaving can perform miracles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Poo pourri pre- dump spray, OP?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Absolute waste of space in my house, I'm planning on taking the shoer/sink/toilet out, closing all the plumbing off and making a little office/storage space instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

En suites all over the camp are overkill in most regular houses, I think. I have a tidy second WC downstairs tucked under the stairs, including a little corner sink. When the door is closed you'd have no idea it was even there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Absolute waste of space in my house, I'm planning on taking the shoer/sink/toilet out, closing all the plumbing off and making a little office/storage space instead.

Whaddya going to do with your old office?

bus-tiny-house-office-small-cabin-work-from-home.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 47 wherearemykeys

Its the first thing i asked for when doing plans for new house. Actually, I'm having two. Current house has only one bathroom. I have yet to shower without DH or DS coming in to take a pee. I just want to shower in peace. 5 minutes. Apparently its cruel that i lock the door. I can understand DS needing to pee at short notice, but DH is only in for a gawk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

About to move house and my husband is insisting we sleep in the master bedroom with ensuite (current houses' 2nd bedroom is bigger than master with ensuite).

I'm dreading it as poo smells will still drift to bedroom, I don't want to go number 2 when he's in the bedroom, we're on different schedules and I can see him waking me with fan going on, showers, noisy man-pissing etc.

I'm extremely precious about my sleep.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be without one, hardly every use the main bathroom. I plan on putting one in every bedroom when I build my own place (as well as walk in wardrobes before someone says more storage would be more useful).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

dudara wrote: »
    Useful when we have guests staying (or when both of us got food poisoning), but otherwise a royal waste of space. Would rather have storage space

Pretty uncommon thing in houses i lived in in The Netherlands, the en suite. But storage we do
    Never understood why i had 3 rooms to take a **** but no space to store my empty suitcases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Its the first thing i asked for when doing plans for new house. Actually, I'm having two. Current house has only one bathroom. I have yet to shower without DH or DS coming in to take a pee. I just want to shower in peace. 5 minutes. Apparently its cruel that i lock the door. I can understand DS needing to pee at short notice, but DH is only in for a gawk

:confused::confused::confused:
    :confused: DH? David Hasselhoff??

:confused: DS? David Seaman ??

What are they doing in your house watching you crack one off?

My parents house has four bedrooms and five and a half bathrooms - that's how it was designed. Only three and a half are used regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

inforfun wrote: »
    Pretty uncommon thing in houses i lived in in The Netherlands, the en suite. But storage we do
    Never understood why i had 3 rooms to take a **** but no space to store my empty suitcases.

Lived in NL for seven years and found it strange to have so few bathrooms for a family home.
    Normal houses here have plenty of storage so plenty of room for an extra bathroom.

Advertisement