Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for new kit - advice please

Options
  • 26-01-2017 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    So, I've decided to upgrade my kit (+to have spare one) after existing one dropped few times and it doesn't work 100% all the times.

I'm using Jomo Lite65 Pro + Kangertech Subtank. For last 2 years I went through few kanger tanks and I was quite happy with them.

I'm planning to place an order on Friday (payday- yay!) on either Fasttech or Gearbest (or local shop if the price will be right).
    What I'd be looking for is:
    1. 18650 mod
    2. Not mad vaper/cloud master, I don't drip, max 35W
    3. rebuildable base is a must - not going to pay 5er a pop every week.

EDIT: if possible I don't want to exceed €60

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I suggest the original Cleito, still one of my favorite tanks, and you can get the RBA section after you're done with the initial provided coils.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009821/4063401-authentic-aspire-cleito-sub-ohm-tank-clearomizer

For a mod, you cannot go wrong with the Evic mini TC. I still use the original version 2 years on, as a back up. This is the updated Evic mini 'Two' - https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10015540/4871204-authentic-joyetech-evic-vtwo-mini-75w-tc-vw-apv

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

I suggest the original Cleito, still one of my favorite tanks, and you can get the RBA section after you're done with the initial provided coils.

+1 for the cleito. Love it .4 coils are great, haven't tried the rba but I heard the wider glass is necessary buy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

thanks. Heard good opinions about Smog stuff. Any thought on this?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3024/10020352/6686100

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

docentore wrote: »

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3024/10020352/6686100

Aye, that's the baby or mini Alien. I have the dual battery full size version and love it. One issue is the paint chips a little after a while. Thought I have my current one a month now and still looks like new. I had one for 3 months that i had to send back as the LCD went kaput! Just a random fault that I've not heard anyone else suffer. But the guys from Elixir sorted me out with a replacement. Looks brand new still after constant use for a month or so.

I love the fire bar, and that large display. The mini one will only take 22mm tanks, but that should be fine for you - one thing that might not be is the coils for that tank, you want to be pushing above 50w to get the best from them. I used to vape between 30-40w all the time, but more recently between 60 - 80w. Just moved up to suit the current coil ranges, still a very comfortable vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

I have the Smok x cube ultra. I think if I was going for another mod right now I'd probably go for the Smok Alien (full size) because it's a little smaller. I like having the dual batteries. It means that I don't have to change batteries quite as often.

I also have the Smok TFV8 Cloud beast tank of which the one in your link is a smaller version which should suit you better (probably me too). I haven't tried the rba coil in it yet. I'm a bit scared of leaks after the first pre-built coil I had was a dud and it leaked everywhere on me. I consigned it to the drawer for a while, but have recently resurrected it with a new coil and its working really well and I like it a lot now.

However, my favourite tank is my ijoy combo rdta. I use it between 50 and 110W depending on build. Plenty of vapour, rebuildable deck with a ton of space (25mm width tank). http://www.vapingman.co.uk/ijoy-combo-rdta-tank/. It doesn't come with the drip deck included but you don't want to drip anyway. If you change your mind in the future they are about a tenner. I like being able to see the coil/cotton condition without taking it apart. It can't leak when it's upright because the juice is below the coil and wicking ports. That's reassuring for people like me who are newish to building my own coils and wicking them.

So, To summarise that rambling I'd go for the full size Smok Alien and Ijoy Combo rdta or a similar coil on top tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

docentore wrote:

I have the big beast tank, I was up until yesterday using the wismec Rx 2/3 mod, and it was fantastic, before this is was using the kanger sub tank, the smok is a quality tank, no leaking what so ever, massive flavour I'm using the t8 coils, which are premade now they are €7 each from my vape shop, it does come with a rba deck which I really have to start using with stainless steel, pre built coils are nickel, yesterday in a bit of an impulse purchase I bought the smok g-priv mod, now 24 hours later I'm very very impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

alane20 wrote: »
    I have the big beast tank, I was up until yesterday using the wismec Rx 2/3 mod, and it was fantastic, before this is was using the kanger sub tank, the smok is a quality tank, no leaking what so ever, massive flavour I'm using the t8 coils, which are premade now they are €7 each from my vape shop, it does come with a rba deck which I really have to start using with stainless steel, pre built coils are nickel, yesterday in a bit of an impulse purchase I bought the smok g-priv mod, now 24 hours later I'm very very impressed

On the g priv,if you set the time correctly,the puff counter resets itself everyday...
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

On the g priv,if you set the time correctly,the puff counter resets itself everyday...

It's the first mod I've had with a puff counter, never thought anything of it, but looked at it last night and it was 160 or something, I was thinking jesus this mod could make you feel like you have addiction problems 😊 still have that new mod love going on but great mod, like the way it recognises different coils automatically, I'm using in wattage mode not temp control

Advertisement