Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby items donation?

Options
  • 26-01-2017 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I have lots of used baby items I'd love to donate somewhere that they'd b appreciated unlike a charity shop etc! Anyone know anywhere in the city that would take toys & clothes in perfect condition. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stick them up on adverts and donedeal under their "free" sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Contact Cope Galway, they have a women's refuge where the items might be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

biko wrote: »
    Stick them up on adverts and donedeal under their "free" sections.

I have done but some people in the past have re sold items on again. I'd rather this not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

kardarie wrote: »
    I have done but some people in the past have re sold items on again. I'd rather this not happen.

In that case, you probably need to identify likely recipients from among the pool of people who you know, who will appreciate your gifts.

I think it's a bit rich to say that donations to a charity shop are not appreciated: Selling them (usually at a far lower than retail price) gives a modicum of dignity to the recipients, and gives the charity funds for things which they actually need.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

In that case, you probably need to identify likely recipients from among the pool of people who you know, who will appreciate your gifts.

I think it's a bit rich to say that donations to a charity shop are not appreciated: Selling them (usually at a far lower than retail price) gives a modicum of dignity to the recipients, and gives the charity funds for things which they actually need.

I didn't say that there not appreciated I like the idea of homeless people getting stuff they can't afford that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Freecycle has never failed to get anything out of the house no matter the condition or how obscure by the end of the week. Best thing is they come to you or at a place of your choosing. I once had a guy just show up with a flatbed offering to take anything on offer. No idea if he resold it or what he did with it. But generally you meet very nice and grateful people who really appreciate your charity.

https://groups.freecycle.org/group/GalwayIE/posts/all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Freecycle has never failed to get anything out of the house no matter the condition or how obscure by the end of the week. Best thing is they come to you or at a place of your choosing. I once had a guy just show up with a flatbed offering to take anything on offer. No idea if he resold it or what he did with it. But generally you meet very nice and grateful people who really appreciate your charity.

https://groups.freecycle.org/group/GalwayIE/posts/all

This has definitely been my experience with Freecycle. I have met some very nice genuine people who just happened to need the items I happened not to need any longer. I always feel that the items are genuinely appreciated.

I would also second the suggestion that the Cope Domestic Violence refuge might welcome baby clothes. You could ring and ask if they would like the clothes and then arrange to drop them off.

Advertisement