Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if you're going to France on the bike this year....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Is there an age limit for bikes? no nct for cars over 30 yrs here. How do they "guess" the emissions for let's say, an Indian bike? or can that data be found?

Older vehicles are more polluting so won't be allowed in.

If you can't get a sticker you don't get into the city, so the Indian bike needs to have its Euro engine classification or else doesn't get a sticker. Ask the manufacturer or importer for it, to be sold in the EU they should have type approval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Silent Shrill

Del2005 wrote: »
    Older vehicles are more polluting so won't be allowed in.

If you can't get a sticker you don't get into the city, so the Indian bike needs to have its Euro engine classification or else doesn't get a sticker. Ask the manufacturer or importer for it, to be sold in the EU they should have type approval.

From what I've seen coming out of some "modern" vehicles exhaust, your first statement aint true.

Where would you get a "euro engine classification" from? I believe Indian cycle manufacturers have gone, and there would be no importer. They can't get any info on old vehicles at nct centres, even for some cars less than 30 y.o.

The whole "sticker" idea is just another load of hype-crap. Some stuffy-faced asshole sitting behind a desk dreaming up ways to charge motorists, be it bike or car. If the French want to stop pollution in their cities, just ban traffic. I wouldn't go to Paris anyway, nothing but a bunch of farts there. Prostitution is rife, back-handers by politicians, crime is rife, and they aint a clue how to drive. And the café staff think they're better than anyone else, they can stick their croissants up their jacksy. Who in their right mind would want to mingle with that lot? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

From what I've seen coming out of some "modern" vehicles exhaust, your first statement aint true.

Where would you get a "euro engine classification" from? I believe Indian cycle manufacturers have gone, and there would be no importer. They can't get any info on old vehicles at nct centres, even for some cars less than 30 y.o.

The whole "sticker" idea is just another load of hype-crap. Some stuffy-faced asshole sitting behind a desk dreaming up ways to charge motorists, be it bike or car. If the French want to stop pollution in their cities, just ban traffic. I wouldn't go to Paris anyway, nothing but a bunch of farts there. Prostitution is rife, back-handers by politicians, crime is rife, and they aint a clue how to drive. And the café staff think they're better than anyone else, they can stick their croissants up their jacksy. Who in their right mind would want to mingle with that lot? :D

The stuff coming from modern diesels is bad, but you can't deny that older engines produce more pollution than modern engines.

Indian are now owned by Polaris so they may have the information.
    http://www.indianmotorcycle.co.uk

The air quality in our cities is dangerous so they need to do something and eventually that may will be banning ICE vehicles. But 1st they'll see if only letting Euro 3 or better petrol engines gives an improvement if not then they'll go to Euro 4 or better. No idea what Euro level for diesel is but even the highest Euro engine is filthy for cities.

You can still ride around the majority of France and no one is forcing you into the cities with restrictions so I've no idea for the rant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭Johnboner

How much bikes contribute 1 or 2% of pollution? How about avoid France and let them live in their misery. Wouldn't have a problem if they would actually cause serious pollution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

It is now possible to get your own sticker:
    https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/demande

• Advertisement
Advertisement