Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voucher enquiry

Options
  • 26-01-2017 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a voucher for a seasonal event that runs for approximately 3 months of the year and ends in February for arguments sake.I bought the voucher in December, the voucher doesn't have an expiry date. We may not be get to use the voucher before the season ends and I emailed the company who run the event asking about the expiry and being unlikely to use it this year.
    This was the response.

I can only advise that the voucher is valid until Feb 6th 2017 as there's no definite guarantee for our plans next year.
    However, the balance remains on a voucher until that voucher is redeemed.

What the heck does that mean? The voucher will be valid next year as well? but only if they run the event again? If they don't run the event again, can I claim back off the credit card company (Tesco)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would take that to mean that the voucher would be valid for next year if they run the event next year.

You would be well over credit card chargeback times by next year and if they aren't running it they aren't likely to be around as a firm to try claim the value off - realistically if you can't use it before Feb 6th you would be best trying to sell it to someone who can.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

loopymum wrote: »
    If they don't run the event again, can I claim back off the credit card company (Tesco)?

No, as you have no case for a charge back. You bought a voucher and the company are not at fault if you fail to use that voucher, and they've told you when to use it by.

If they were to cancel the event, then you would have a claim, but in this case, you do not. Use it or lose it would be your options - or sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

You bought it and the company have said that they are prepared to honour it next year if they run the event, but are not guaranteeing you that the event will run. It looks like they are being very reasonable here. As someone else said, your best bet might be to try and sell it to someone who will use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

In future get cash with a post it note attached saying what to use the money for, far less hassle and much more thought gone in to than a voucher with all the limitations they have.

In future get cash with a post it note attached saying what to use the money for, far less hassle and much more thought gone in to than a voucher with all the limitations they have.

By my reading, they bought it for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

L1011 wrote: »
    By my reading, they bought it for themselves.

Even more of a reason too :D. The mind boggles as to why someone would use their money to buy a voucher for their own use?

Even more of a reason too :D. The mind boggles as to why someone would use their money to buy a voucher for their own use?

I would assume tickets are vouchers here. Going to take a wild stab in the dark at ice skating.

Advertisement