Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

get the Luas to Balally, 30min walk from there with sneaky can along the way(probably less if you're a quick walker). quicker than the bus, and no chance of hitting traffic.

This!! I and plenty others will be going down this route I say. The walk isn't that bad honestly . The luas is gonna be mayhem though with teenagers

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

get the Luas to Balally, 30min walk from there with sneaky can along the way(probably less if you're a quick walker). quicker than the bus, and no chance of hitting traffic.

I always found the marathon bus handy to get out of Marley park. Plenty of buses queuing up at the designated bus stop that brings you straight back to town. Don't fancy the walk back to Balally after the day. Plus I'm coming from the south east so I might end up using the park and ride which will have me on the red line.
    or we might get the train to Hueston.

I'll weigh up all my options. Thanks,

This!! I and plenty others will be going down this route I say. The walk isn't that bad honestly . The luas is gonna be mayhem though with teenagers

What's it like coming home?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think you can get a 1-way ticket for the bus to go back into town? for getting there with little risk of delays, the Luas is the better option I'd say.
    way home it's wedged, but I've got on without any problem. that' leaving straight after the gig and going straight there, might be too busy if you're not up there within 30-40mins of it ending.

I think you can get a 1-way ticket for the bus to go back into town? for getting there with little risk of delays, the Luas is the better option I'd say.
    way home it's wedged, but I've got on without any problem. that' leaving straight after the gig and going straight there, might be too busy if you're not up there within 30-40mins of it ending.

Took this from the site;

Can I book a homeward bound ticket only online in advance of Marlay Park concerts?

It is not possible to pre-book a homeward bound ticket from Marlay Park to Custom House Quay in advance. It can be purchased upon concert end in Marlay Park. Limited availability.

Yeah I'll see what the lads want to do. Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement

is it possible to book a one way shuttle bus ticket back to Dundrum luas stop from longitude for the late night???I'm only seeing return tickets going as far as 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

is it possible to book a one way shuttle bus ticket back to Dundrum luas stop from longitude for the late night???I'm only seeing return tickets going as far as 6pm

You'd nearly be quicker walking, I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The 16 bus last year was perfect. They'd about 20 of them lined up after the gig, each leaving as soon as it was full all heading back to O'Connell Street.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The 16 bus last year was perfect. They'd about 20 of them lined up after the gig, each leaving as soon as it was full all heading back to O'Connell Street.

Yeah we could do that. Goes from O' Connell street out yeah. Seems to go every 12 mins or so.

It's seem an easier escape after the festival too according to the map.

LONG%20MAP%2017_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is that eight stages I've counted in the map including the Red Bull and the smaller Heineken stsge too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Are drawstring bags allowed in?? I've read the info on bags but not sure if drawstring bags fit under those measurements

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Are drawstring bags allowed in?? I've read the info on bags but not sure if drawstring bags fit under those measurements

Should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

There will be shuttle buses back to the Luas station. They will run until the crowd dies down or the Luas is finished. No need to book.

Make sure you know what time the last Luas goes at, especially Sunday night .
    Last year, loads of people were too late for the last Luas which goes earlier on a Sunday night

I thought there would be horror reports about the state of the crowd by now. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I thought there would be horror reports about the state of the crowd by now. :)

Haha, they're fairly bad. Went for a run about an hour ago and plenty of young folk a little worse for wear already. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

That looks mental, healthy and safety Ha!

DEtVYcaWAAEqFgQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

That looks mental, healthy and safety Ha! The security guy looks like he's doing Heil Hitler.

Actually he looks like a medic unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

That looks mental, healthy and safety Ha! The security guy looks like he's doing Heil Hitler.

DEtVYcaWAAEqFgQ.jpg

The lad doing the sieg heil looks more like a paramedic. Notice the green belting on the hi viz.
    I hope everyone is okay.

Actually he looks like a medic unfortunately.

Yer right, the green bit on the shoulders, altered the post. :)

• Advertisement

What is going on in the picture? Is that a medical tent or was there a crush at some stage?

What is going on in the picture? Is that a medical tent or was there a crush at some stage?
    it's one of the security tents when you're on the way in. seems like there were big bottlenecks at entry with security being slow and loads of people arriving around 4pm, which lead to loads of queuing/pushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Just heard there the queue was 90 minutes to get in this afternoon, there was a stampede when the gates opened and some lad broke his leg. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

WELL! Wheres the reports then, who was sh1te and who was not sh1te and did it suck or was it amazing craic, c'mon give it to me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Longitude Festival
    An apology
    The opening hour of yesterday's entry was not what I wanted. We had encouraged people to arrive early and they heeded the encouragement to a greater level than anticipated making that first hour difficult and I owe those caught up in it an apology.

However, every single person caught up in the shock of the uncomfortable start was able to continue into the concert and enjoy the day despite that. As you would anticipate, my teams have worked throughout the night to improve the entry for today and tomorrow so everyone can enjoy Longitude at its best.

Melvin Benn,
    Managing Director,
    Festival Republic

Just heard there the queue was 90 minutes to get in this afternoon, there was a stampede when the gates opened and some lad broke his leg. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
    did they actually? reading Benn's statement it doesn't seem the case.
    there were people on twitter early yesterday saying that someone got stabbed, which turned out to be bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

did they actually? reading Benn's statement it doesn't seem the case.
    there were people on twitter early yesterday saying that someone got stabbed, which turned out to be bollocks.

Only saying what I heard.

Today will be a lot better. The Weeknd should put on a good show.

Fck I wish I was going. Feeling a pre-gig buzz coming on.

So my guess so far is the festival must be a pile of cr@p as no one seems to want to comment about the Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

Despite what we think we just have no patience (myself included, though getting better)
    We hate queing or waiting for anything and then whinge alot...
    I was at Nos Alive, yeah there was queues at times, saw a fight but generally it was calm esp as the night went on, people got drunk and stoned etc but not to the level WE do..
    Never saw trouble at Glaston bury or Bennicassim but wouldnt take a free ticket for EP.
    Just an observation..

• Advertisement

Well there seems to be a discussion in After Hours anyways. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057764035

Advertisement