Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Oh my god, if Frank Ocean ends up headlining I will actually pass out from excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

All I want is The Weeknd!!!! He's beginning his world tour tomorrow as well. Pretty disappointed that there was no Ireland show on his tour so this would be perfect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Wouldn't say no to the XX, no sign of an Irish gig yet so maybe EP or this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

Eod100 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say no to the XX, no sign of an Irish gig yet so maybe EP or this?

They're playing Bestival in the UK the weekend after EP, so I'd say there is a good chance of them being booked for Picnic.

Todd Terje wrote: »
    They're playing Bestival in the UK the weekend after EP, so I'd say there is a good chance of them being booked for Picnic.

Sweet, yeah had spotted that alright! It'd be weird if they bypassed Ireland altogether, so a festival gig is very likely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I know Lattitude is announcing on 1st March so maybe they're waiting til then? Electric Picnic isn't on til September and they're announced by 20th Match so if there's no news by early March I reckon it's a non-runner. I do still think it will go ahead but you'd think they'd at least have a post to reassure people at this stage. But maybe not one of their priorities at the momen!

The difference is that Latitude and EP have set their dates and are selling tickets - Longitude have neither.

It can't be going ahead at this point.

The difference is that Latitude and EP have set their dates and are selling tickets - Longitude have neither.

It can't be going ahead at this point.

Suppose it's not definite til it's definite. Not saying it's 100% going ahead but if it wasn't why not announce that it's not by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

All I want is The Weeknd!!!! He's beginning his world tour tomorrow as well. Pretty disappointed that there was no Ireland show on his tour so this would be perfect!!

I'd be stunned if the Weeknd doesn't announce an Irish show of some account, especially because his last one (two?) were cancelled.

He was due to support Rihanna in Ireland last year and pulled out of her entire tour so no Irish show since 2014 when he supported Drake at the O2, according to setlist.fm.

No idea if that went ahead, first I've ever heard of it but setlist said it was his one and only Irish show to date.
    Suppose it's not definite til it's definite. Not saying it's 100% going ahead but if it wasn't why not announce that it's not by now?

Same rationale can be spun the other way - why not announce that it IS by now? It's a bizarre turn of events really.

I reckon there's some opposition behind the scenes and they're trying to either work through it or find a new location before confirming anything.

Announcing that it's going ahead only for the Council to reject your licence due to residential complaints would make you look ridiculous, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It reminds me of Sonisphere in England a few years ago. No talk of it happening, no lineup, no tickets on sale, no announcement of a future announcement.

Be disappointing for Ireland to lose another festival, especially one that seemed decent. That is if it doesn't go ahead!

Same rationale can be spun the other way - why not announce that it IS by now? It's a bizarre turn of events really.

I reckon there's some opposition behind the scenes and they're trying to either work through it or find a new location before confirming anything.

Announcing that it's going ahead only for the Council to reject your licence due to residential complaints would make you look ridiculous, for example.

Yeah think this is probably it. Remember there was talk of residents not being happy last year and there's no other gigs on in Marlay Park this summer afaik.

Not sure there's other venues that size in Dublin. Unless they went out to Malahide Castle or something? Dunno really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

They've been posting sh*te on social media pretty much every week since it finished last summer. Always some wide angle shot of the crowd with a caption like "can't wait to be back" or "summer nights"....

Someone is getting paid to post that crap, if it wasn't happening this year then why waste the money on a social media presence?

I reckon it'll be announced the same day as Latitude in the UK with 3 out of the following headlining: Foals, The Wkend, Kasabian, Lana Del Ray, The Killers, The XX, The Libertines or Frank Ocean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Unpaid intern does it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

bigpink wrote: »
    Unpaid intern does it

I can't see why they would be posting so frequently if they were going to say it's not happening this year. There would be massive backlash from people online, they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I can't see why they would be posting so frequently if they were going to say it's not happening this year. There would be massive backlash from people online, they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

They have to keep some level of interest if it does go ahead, if it doesn't go ahead the decision for it not to go ahead may have only been reached in the last few weeks and if it doesn't go ahead, it won't matter all that much if it doesn't go ahead and people end up being annoyed as people will be getting annoyed at something that no longer exists

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Irish concert goers don't do backlash, they will bitch and moan on facebook for a while before shelling out more money for other concerts before it's sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Just announced on their Twitter account, lineup announced next Wednesday

https://twitter.com/longitudefest/status/834768333757087744

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Jaysus. I was convinced it was dead and buried. Wonder what the delay was?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

Just announced on their Twitter account, lineup announced next Wednesday

https://twitter.com/longitudefest/status/834768333757087744

The week after Wireless in the UK.. and the same weekend as lovebox.

Chance the Rapper, Weeknd and Frank Ocean. I'm not sure but it may be a good shout. Frank was always a given, Weeknd has no Irish dates and Chance the Rapper promised to return after canceling the Helix gigs.

I reckon The Weeknd and Chance the Rapper are massive contenders and would definitely not be disappointing. Can't wait to hear the news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Hoping for Ty Dolla $ign after seeing the wireless line-up.
    Its' definitely going to be the Weeknd.

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »

I think there's a great chance the line up is gonna be very similar to Wireless, which for hip hop/rnb/rap fans is fantastic :D

showpony1 wrote: »

Weeknd seems likely. Wireless is an urban festival so I would think only a handul if even will play. Chance, Frank Ocean and Weeknd wpuld be incredible but it isn't multi genre enough for a regular longitude line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think there's a great chance the line up is gonna be very similar to Wireless, which for hip hop/rnb/rap fans is fantastic :D

apart from The Weeknd and 2 or 3 more, I doubt it will be that similar. more likely to be more from the Lovebox lineup I reckon.

apart from The Weeknd and 2 or 3 more, I doubt it will be that similar. more likely to be more from the Lovebox lineup I reckon.

Yeah, you are right. Ireland is too small to have a festival revolving around one genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Is there any chance that the foals will play? or are they going to go with a new genre?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jaysus. I was convinced it was dead and buried. Wonder what the delay was?

Aren't Latitude announcing on that day as well? Could be a headliner announcing a tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Announcement is the same day as Latitude in England, I wonder will the two festivals share many acts this year. Maybe they have some kind of surprise up their sleeve. Frank Ocean and the Weeknd seem to make a lot of sense for Longitude anyway.

Do they usually announce the 3 main headline acts for the 3 days on the first line up announcement? Will we get a large chunk of the lineup on wednesday? Don't know what to expect :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Do they usually announce the 3 main headline acts for the 3 days on the first line up announcement? Will we get a large chunk of the lineup on wednesday? Don't know what to expect :confused:

The headliners and the day each headliner is playing will be announced and also a number of the supporting acts. They usually do not confirm which day the smaller acts are playing for a couple of months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

LCD soundsystem, A Tribe Called Quest and Solange all playing Pitchfork music festival in Chicago the same weekend as Longitude so that's 3 we can rule out.

Advertisement