Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I've seen this pop up a few places, looks legit...
    5abaf93545.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I've seen this pop up a few places, looks legit...
    5abaf93545.jpeg

That does not look legit......

Two Door are playing Dublin two weeks prior....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Anyone know what time the announcement will be tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

Theres no way in hell Daft Punk would be playing a small festival and not their own gig either, its obviously fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

lc180 wrote: »
    That does not look legit......

Two Door are playing Dublin two weeks prior....

Not two weeks prior...4 days prior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

So what are peoples guess/wishes ahead of the announcement tomorrow?

District magazine predicting some of these names might appear, but I can't see a few of them being there as ATCQ are in the states that weekend, Stormzy, Rejjie Snow & Haresquead all played last year.. Maybe some of the ones at Lovebox will make an appearance, plenty of DJs on that line up that I would like to see come over.

I am going to guess Frank Ocean, the Weeknd & Mumford & Sons headlining. Hoping for London Grammar, Bonobo, Glass Animals & Warpaint to be on the line up somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I don't think the fact Stormzy played last year would cancel him out from coming back this year, especially with the incredible reception his recent album is getting (nearly number 1 in UK). His Dublin show sold out in minutes I heard. He would be a massive attraction for fans if he was on the line up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If Stormzy does play i cant see him headlining but he could probably sub someone like The Weeknd

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Latitude announced line up, I imagine a few on there might crop up, depending the vibe they're gonna go with this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mumford & Sons curating their own day as part of their "Gentlemen of the Road" things

C50YrjKXMAAtaTe.png:large

• Advertisement

Mumford & Sons curating their own day as part of their "Gentlemen of the Road" things

C50YrjKXMAAtaTe.png:large

Jaysus. That isn't good at all IMO.

well we definitely won't get The 1975 anyway, and can't imagine they'd have Fleet Foxes headlining Longitude, much more likely to play Iveagh Gardens or saved for EP. edit: i see they're already playing Iveagh Gardens :o
    there's usually quite a lot of differences between the Longitude and Latitude lineups anyway, only ones I'd say are likely are Mumford, Fatboy Slim, Jack Garratt and Glass Animals.

If not Mumford & Sons, then Kasabian have a completely free weekend for Longitude, and are playing Scotland the weekend before, and Italy the weekend after. either of those, plus Frank Ocean and The Weekend I'd imagine.

a lot of the UK festivals seem to be really struggling this year, even some of the US ones too.
    Isle of Wight is laughably bad, Reading & Leeds has been getting worse and worse, this Latitude one isn't great by their standards. Bestival is dull compared to their previous ones a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Mumford & Sons confirmed

Mumford & Sons confirmed

4hfbsZr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Just spotted Mumford and Sons post on their site.. Lisa Hannigan also playing Latitude on the Sunday so potentially might play Longitude? Yup, 1975 and Fleet Foxes already playing Dublin gigs in the summer so don't see them being on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lisa Hannigan is already at Forbidden Fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Mumford and Sons sort of fits with the Sunday line-up you get at Longitude,
    usually would expect the Friday and Sat to be more chart/dance/hip-hop than the line-up
    there at Latitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

https://www.goldenplec.com/first-acts-for-longitude-2017-announced/

Acts playing the Sunday at Longitude will include Mumford and Sons with Baaba Maal, Glass Animals, The Very Best, Jack Garratt and Lucy Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

The Horrors are really good live, who are well down the lineup too.

But yeah it's tosh

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Lisa Hannigan is already at Forbidden Fruit

oh yeah you're right. completely forgot. going to that and all, do'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Well if I end up going, it certainly won't be to the Sunday anyway, jesus.

If they announce Frank and Bino tho it'll make up for it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Ah jaysus :/

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

Wonder what the hold up is. The fact every media outlet is reporting on a partial leaked line up can't be good for them. Just release it.

a lot of the UK festivals seem to be really struggling this year, even some of the US ones too.
    Isle of Wight is laughably bad, Reading & Leeds has been getting worse and worse, this Latitude one isn't great by their standards. Bestival is dull compared to their previous ones a few years ago.

Yeah they have. There are probably too many festivals in reality, they are all so concerned about having UK exclusives too. The standard is definitely down across the board but I'm hoping it doesn't effect Ireland too badly because we only really have 3 festivals who book big hitters (EP, Longitude & FF).

Disappointed to see Mumford & Sons playing but at least they won't be at picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

whitneytfc wrote: »
    Wonder what the hold up is. The fact every media outlet is reporting on a partial leaked line up can't be good for them. Just release it.

Yeah it's strange they haven't released it yet.
    I'd be more inclined to buy tickets in the morning on a slow day in work than the afternoon.

Yeah they have. There are probably too many festivals in reality, they are all so concerned about having UK exclusives too. The standard is definitely down across the board but I'm hoping it doesn't effect Ireland too badly because we only really have 3 festivals who book big hitters (EP, Longitude & FF).

Yeah used to be the case of seeing a festival line-up and thinking they could put on all your favourite acts on the one day. Now it's a case of seeing a few festival line-ups and thinking they could put all the decent artists at the one festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

So we are getting the Weeknd at EP? wouldnt have expected that

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kwat

Yeah it's strange they haven't released it yet.
    I'd be more inclined to buy tickets in the morning on a slow day in work than the afternoon.

Today FM seem to be doing a Facebook Live thingy this evening from 5pm releasing more names.
    Hate this drip-feeding ****e they seem to be doing more and more - just release the full line-up!

• Advertisement

kwat wrote: »
    Today FM seem to be doing a Facebook Live thingy this evening from 5pm releasing more names.
    Hate this drip-feeding ****e they seem to be doing more and more - just release the full line-up!

Yeah and there's the adding of new artists between now and July. Get that some of them are probably late bookings depending on band's tour schedules etc but if it's deliberate attempt to flesh out the line-up and maintaining publicity, think it does the opposite..

Advertisement