Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

https://www.goldenplec.com/first-acts-for-longitude-2017-announced/

Acts playing the Sunday at Longitude will include Mumford and Sons with Baaba Maal, Glass Animals, The Very Best, Jack Garratt and Lucy Rose.

Not liking the look of that one bit. After all this wait, and this is what we get!! Absolutely tragic!!!

Hopefully the official Longitude announcement later today will brighten things up. The Friday and Saturday line up needs to be unreal to make up for that horsesh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

god that's an awful lineup. i know music is subjective and i try and respect people's tastes but i hate Mumford and Sons music, the members of the band and especially the idiot fans they attract!

is it me or have glass animals played every festival everywhere for the past 2 years? not a fan of them either.

bad lineups across the board, glad i'm going to glasto this year

• Site Banned Posts: 17 FM Regen

Mumford and Son is music for people who don't like music

I can picture those 2 Happy Pear gob****es bobbing their heads in their plaid shirts and earnest emotions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

FM Regen wrote: »
    Mumford and Son is music for people who don't like music
    The same people who get actual enjoyment from singing "Who the **** is Alice" tend to enjoy Little Lion Man, I've found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

All I can hear when I think of Mumford & Sons is that repetitive banjo and acoustic guitar getting faster in every song of theirs. And I can't differentiate between many of their songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

They just followed Stormzy on Instagram lol

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

People complaining about mumford and sons at Longitude.. what do you expect? It is a catch all festival for people in their late teens and early 20s and they are wildly popular.. well at least were.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

It's fairly stark when you compare it to the Sunday line up last year. The National, Christine and the queens, Jamie xx, Roisin Murphy, fr John misty...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why is the line up not out yet so I can cancel out acts that won't appear at EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I hope Mumford and Sons play that song where they start off slow and then play faster and faster.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Knex. wrote: »
    I hope Mumford and Sons play that song where they start off slow and then play faster and faster.

The one with the banjos?

• Site Banned Posts: 17 FM Regen

Elevator Music

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Today FM saying now that they will announce at 5:50. just to keep people waiting a bit longer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

It's fairly stark when you compare it to the Sunday line up last year. The National, Christine and the queens, Jamie xx, Roisin Murphy, fr John misty...

That was a great day of music. Also had Kurt Vile.

I think they should just cancel the bloody event, the bumbling eejits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

A screenshotted Snapchat of a printed press release doing the rounds on Twitter. Aside from how fake that sounds as a source, the line-up looks about right, albeit a little short on names.

The Weeknd, Skepta, Kaytranada, Wiley, Kaleo, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Picture This, Mac Miller, Milky Chance and a few other bits.

EDIT: This is in addition to the Mumford & Sons, Gentlemen of the Road thing that emerged this morning btw.

Looks like it's missing a headline act if you ask me - The Weeknd is Saturday, Mumford on Sunday. Bit of a let down after Kendrick, Major Laser and the National last year. (I'm not a Major Lazer fan but I can appreciate that he's a draw for the right crowds!)

Feck Mumford better be there too, if they wind up at the Picnic I'm going to round up a bottling army to get them off the stage ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

A screenshotted Snapchat of a printed press release doing the rounds on Twitter. Aside from how fake that sounds as a source, the line-up looks about right, albeit a little short on names.

The Weeknd, Skepta, Kaytranada, Wiley, Kaleo, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Picture This, Mac Miller, Milky Chance and a few other bits.

EDIT: This is in addition to the Mumford & Sons, Gentlemen of the Road thing that emerged this morning btw.

Looks like it's missing a headline act if you ask me - The Weeknd is Saturday, Mumford on Sunday. Bit of a let down after Kendrick, Major Laser and the National last year. (I'm not a Major Lazer fan but I can appreciate that he's a draw for the right crowds!)

Jeez, that wouldn't do much for me at all at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

We're onto our third page of nothing but Mumford and Sons bashing, let's keep it going boyzzz!

Christ, it's like a crowd of auld ones repeating each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

Eod100 wrote: »
    Jeez, that wouldn't do much for me at all at all..

Skepta is headlining wireless so he could headline this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Longitude Line up apparently is : The Weeknd, Mumford & Sons, Skepta, Picture This, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Jack Garratt, Kaytranada, Glass Animals, Mac Miller, Wiley, Kaleo, Dua Lipa, Milky Chance, Tom Misch (Live), Loyle Carner, Her, Raye, The Very Best, Jorja Smith, Baaba Maal, Lucy Rose, Rex Orange County.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

MattD wrote: »
    We're onto our third page of nothing but Mumford and Sons bashing, let's keep it going boyzzz!

Christ, it's like a crowd of auld ones repeating each other!

Well they are delightfully easy to bash- fecking banjo playing muppets.

They played Oxygen and Ep in the same year ,hate to break it to all of yous that think if they play longitude that they won't play Ep

Possible leak doing the rounds on twitter

C52SR2fWUAAGFCH.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

It's legit anyway. Announcing it on Today FM at the moment. My god that is a poor line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Would get a day ticket if Weeknd and Skepta were both playing on the Saturday and not just Weeknd.

C52JHRVWYAQ136y.jpg

Jeez much dearer than Forbidden Fruit tickets for one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Jeez much dearer than Forbidden Fruit tickets for one day.

FF definitely seem to book more quality acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Wonder who's the Friday headliner. Thought Frank Ocean would have been a headliner but he's at Lovebox on the 14th :(

• Advertisement

What are the chances Skepta and The Weeknd will be on the same day?? I'm surprised Skepta isn't one of the headliners tbh.

Advertisement