Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jeez much dearer than Forbidden Fruit tickets for one day.

Day tickets seem to have gone up by a fiver and weekend tickets by €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Day tickets seem to have gone up by a fiver and weekend tickets by €30.

When FF launched though day tickets were 49.50 so 20 euro cheaper, the tier 2 and 3 will be nearer the Longitude price though.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Looks like Foals are at a Spanish festival on the Friday so that's them ruled out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Nothing for fans of indie or alternative rock. Very poor lineup. I'll be heading to forbidden fruit this year instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

Hopefully the headliner yet to be announced for Friday will be dance. That would seem to fit with previous years of each night having a vague theme of either rock/rap/dance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

god that's an awful lineup. i know music is subjective and i try and respect people's tastes but i hate Mumford and Sons music, the members of the band and especially the idiot fans they attract!

is it me or have glass animals played every festival everywhere for the past 2 years? not a fan of them either.

bad lineups across the board, glad i'm going to glasto this year

Glass Animals have barely left here the last few years, they played EP in 2014, Longitude in 2015, EP again in 2016 and there were a few gigs in between. And they're ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Glass Animals have barely left here the last few years, they played EP in 2014, Longitude in 2015, EP again in 2016 and there were a few gigs in between. And they're ****e

No point getting in to the whole 'musical tastes' argument but Glass Animals, in my opinion, are excellent. Great live band and their set at electric picnic was one of the best of the weekend. Now, to be fair I'm fairly oversaturated at this stage and won't be setting foot near Marley park this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Easy Rod wrote: »
    No point getting in to the whole 'musical tastes' argument but Glass Animals, in my opinion, are excellent. Great live band and their set at electric picnic was one of the best of the weekend. Now, to be fair I'm fairly oversaturated at this stage and won't be setting foot near Marley park this year.

Fair do's, I know many who said the same about their EP set. Obviously I meant ****e in my opinion and not absolute fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Very excited if the Saturday has The Weeknd & Skepta. Here's still hoping for Chance, Childish Gambino and Travis Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yonns123

Very poor lineup really disappointing Friday better make up for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

I saw the Glass Animals in the Academy a few years ago and you're right, they are awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

stead wrote: »
    Very excited if the Saturday has The Weeknd & Skepta. Here's still hoping for Chance, Childish Gambino and Travis Scott.

Other than the Governors Ball, I don't think Childish Gambino is playing any live shows this year.

Donald Glover is filming the Star Wars Han Solo spin off over the next few months so that probably put an end to any pre-tour rehearsals, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ooof, that lineup is disappointing.
    there's a few i'd like to see but absolutely nothing to make me actually want to buy a ticket.

I wonder who the Friday headliner is now that Frank Ocean can't do it. as I said earlier, Kasabian have a suspicious blank weekend during Longitude, despite playing in Scotland the weekend before and Italy the weekend after.
    e: actually they're at Benicassim on Longitude weekend, it's not on their website. so is The Weeknd though, so it's still possible.

• Site Banned Posts: 17 FM Regen

Gonna be a knacker fest for The Weeknd

FM Regen wrote: »

Wouldn't say it'd be any worse than Kendrick Lamar and Major Lazer headlining last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

???

Why do you say that :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I'd say more of a young uns fest!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

What's this about? Shared by longitude saying are these the headliners? Find out next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Harambe wrote: »
    What's this about? Shared by longitude saying are these the headliners? Find out next week?

I'd rather go to ep if that was the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

Harambe wrote: »

This is fake. Might end up being them but the person running that page is just guessing. I think Frank Ocean pulled out and they are scrambling.

I was hoping for Chance the Rapper. He cancelled a gig here recently and said he would come back and he is headlinikg Wireless in the UK the week before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Is Kasabian still a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Citadel festival is announcing it's lineup on Tuesday. Foals already headlining but maybe the Friday headliner of Longitude is on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yonns123

What are the chances of chainsmokers playing the friday would ye say?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

The Weeknd and Mumford & Sons? An embarrassing excuse for 'headliners'

Saruwatari wrote: »

The Weeknd had the 3rd biggest first week sales of 2016, behind Drake then Beyonce. Mumford and Sons on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Saruwatari wrote: »

Mumford and Sons is shocking
    The Weeknd is an incredible headliner!!

He's one of the biggest artists in the world at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi need a some advice my daughter is begging me to let her go to longitude one of the nights she is 16 nearly 17 and wants to go with one or two friends ,I'm not stupid I know there will be drink,drugs and whatever else at it but this is everywhere unfortunately I can't wrap her in cotton wool I would if I could lol ,I know she would probably have one or two drinks at it I'm OK with that she is honest with me about this,am I mad to let her go ,any advice welcomed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi need a some advice my daughter is begging me to let her go to longitude one of the nights she is 16 nearly 17 and wants to go with one or two friends ,I'm not stupid I know there will be drink,drugs and whatever else at it but this is everywhere unfortunately I can't wrap her in cotton wool I would if I could lol ,I know she would probably have one or two drinks at it I'm OK with that she is honest with me about this,am I mad to let her go ,any advice welcomed

Very hard for anyone to give advice on this, I would wager. Might even be a question for the personal issues thread, but most likely, its really just a matter of trust for yourself and your daughter, I'd imagine. And also whether or not you trust her friends as well.

I'm sure there are underage people at the festival that wouldn't drink, or keep it minimal, but there was also a fair share of 16-18 year olds absolutely off their head at this last year also.

That said, I didn't see any trouble in the crowd really, or any need for paramedics to be running to the aid of wasted people. Yeah, there was the drunk/high contingent in every age grouping, but I don't think it was massively out of the ordinary for any festival or anything. Also remember its more a day/evening festival, if on the Sat/Sun, and the whole thing winds down around 10.30, if I remember correctly.

Probably not as helpful an answer you were looking for, noble00, but I think any decision on something like this is better decided upon away from strangers on the internet really :p

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi knex your dead right only I can decide this one , its just so bloody hard , she does have a great group of friends and I do trust her she has always been upfront about everything with me, Ill go and have another chat with her about it ,thanks a mill for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

noble00 wrote: »

I'd be more worried about her having to endure Pronoun and Puns tbh.

Its up to yourself,if you think she's sensible enough and can make arrangements to get her outta there after the gig(can be a pain).

Advertisement