Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yonns123

Is there any rumours on the Friday headliner yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

Gorillaz 10th Of June in Kent... it is hardly going to be them for friday? Would explain the delayed announcement.. it would be incredible.

Friday headliner will surely be out today, it would want to be before presale is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Yonns123 wrote: »
    Friday headliner will surely be out today, it would want to be before presale is out.

That would be the logical thing to do, so obviously the organisers won't do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Eminem playing the Leeds reading fest, he'll hardly headline the Friday of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

hefferboi wrote: »
    Eminem playing the Leeds reading fest, he'll hardly headline the Friday of this?

2 hopes of that.

Bob Hope and No Hope

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

The Killers are playing Serbia on July 5th. They could be the final headliner for Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't be surprised at all if its the Killers.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Will we know at the end of the week for the announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Europe's largest hip hop festival - Switzerland's Openair Frauenfeld festival announced for 6-8 July 2017.

Usher & The Roots, The Weeknd, Nas, G-Eazy, and German artist Cro will headline the festival.

Others include Travis Scott, Mac Miller, Rae Sremmurd, Desiigner, Lil Yachty, Krept & Konan, Pusha T, Gucci Mane, Lil Uzi Vert, Machine Gun Kelly, Tyler, The Creator, Lil Dicky, Amine, and Talib Kweli.

The Weeknd & Mac Miller are on it who are also with us for Longitude. Could see one or two more but wouldn't hold my breath tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Tickets shouldn't be that much of a problem will they? The Weekend will be popular on the Saturday but surely no need to worry about tickets being sold out straight away?

I see that there's a pre-sale today but I can't find any links on ticketmaster. Has anyone got tickets through the pre-sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

eldest200 wrote: »
    I see that there's a pre-sale today but I can't find any links on ticketmaster. Has anyone got tickets through the pre-sale?

pre-sale is for Three costumers you had to register for a code.

Yarghhh wrote: »
    pre-sale is for Three costumers you had to register for a code.

I'll just wait until Friday. Is it likely to sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 drizzysbestfan

I don't think they sold out at all last year so you should be grand especially with the state of the lineup at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I don't think they sold out at all last year so you should be grand especially with the state of the lineup at the moment.

Weekend tickets and day passes for the Friday and Saturday all sold out.

I think it lasted until about June before the whole lot were gone but Saturday passes went very quickly last year.

Almost every gig and festival in the country has seen a boost in sales this year so I'd expect it to match last year if the Friday headliner is anyone remotely popular.

The presale weekend tickets sold out in 14 mins this morning, they didn't sell out at all last year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The presale weekend tickets sold out in 14 mins this morning, they didn't sell out at all last year.....

That seems mad. Wonder was it the same allocation as last year?

Even without the Friday headliner, the line-up this year just doesn't compare with the line-up this time last year.

Eod100 wrote: »
    That seems mad. Wonder was it the same allocation as last year?

Even without the Friday headliner, the line-up this year just doesn't compare with the line-up this time last year.

Very true.... but the rumours suggest a massive act to play Friday. We'll find out later today anyways can they live up to last year at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

When is Friday's headliner announced? Surely today before tickets go on sale tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Very true.... but the rumours suggest a massive act to play Friday. We'll find out later today anyways can they live up to last year at all.

What rumours?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EvaSwitch2

Heard that rumour too.....

Hoping it's not true as I love Calvin Harris but already bought a ticket for Saturday. Surely it would have made more sense to put the bigger act i.e. Calvin Harris on the Saturday if he was part of the lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Both Calvin Harris and The Chainsmokers have been rumored.

The line-up poster (Attached) was apparently leaked, although it could be fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Friday headliner is Stormzy. What a massive pile of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Well that's my mind made up, Saturday only for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Stormzy is good in his own right but he isn't really at festival headliner status in this country imo. Grime as a genre is getting more popular here though. Skepta pulled a huge crowd at electric picnic last year and he was really good. I think it would make more sense if they swapped Stormzy and Skepta. The Saturday lineup is good though, wouldn't mind a ticket for that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stormzy and Picture This will help pull a decent crowd tho . Might go for Sunday if do go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

So, why would they have delayed the announcement for Stormzy? Is it just me or could it suggest another act might have pulled the plug?

I like Stormzy but as a headline act for a festival it's far from ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I can't help but compare the lineup to last year and see a massive difference in the quality of it. Fair enough, as music is subjective and others will likely see this year as an improvement, but I'm disappointed, being honest.

190 quid and I'd honestly argue that even the Friday last year has a better standard than the whole 3 days this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

The fact he is playing the olympia at the end of the month makes this a weird choice.

Frank Ocean pulled out I think. His name was always in the pipeline and then he was a no show on the line up.

Skepta should headline if anyone but it nakes the saturday alot more appealing.

I wish they got Chance the Rapper. International rapstar

Advertisement