Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I think many people are underestimating The Weeknd!! He's one of the biggest artists in the world atm!!!

Although I don't think all the tickets can possibly be sold out for Saturday. Is it likely they'll put out another sale of tickets again. There's no way 20000-30000 sold out for just Saturday all this morning in minutes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I love the Weeknd, I just can't see him being a great live performer, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think some people are underestimating the popularity of the weeknd and skepta.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think many people are underestimating The Weeknd!! He's one of the biggest artists in the world atm!!!

Although I don't think all the tickets can possibly be sold out for Saturday. Is it likely they'll put out another sale of tickets again. There's no way 20000-30000 sold out for just Saturday all this morning in minutes!!!
    they probably only had at most 5000 Saturday tickets.
    the whole site only holds 30,000, and most of the tickets are probably held over for 3-day, or different combinations of 2-day tickets.

5k would be less than half of the 3Arena, which The Weeknd would play if he was here, and could well sell out these days.

it's perhaps not that surprising that they're gone, lots of people probably buying tickets as if it was just a gig by The Weeknd.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

does anybody know if sat& sun tickets are sold out?
    trying to buy some buy its not working, but no announcements of it being sold out anywhere

• Advertisement

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39239133

I've heard about this happening in Ireland as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see people selling Longitude tickets for way over the face value in the coming months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Knex. wrote: »
    I love the Weeknd, I just can't see him being a great live performer, tbh.

Seen him at Coachella in 2012, was really looking forward to his performance. It was underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm really surprised to see the days selling out for such a diabolical line up, like Skepta is alright but what I've seen of the weeknd on the Lollapalooza footage they sounded incredibly syrupy.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

To those saying about it selling out, they didn't sell 20-30k. Only the day tickets sold out, so was more likely around 5k. They'll aim for say 20k weekend tickets, then 5k per day (figures could be higher if attendance is higher too).

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Seen him at Coachella in 2012, was really looking forward to his performance. It was underwhelming.

if that was weekend 1, I have the video of it downloaded and I love it! As far as I know it was one of his first ever gigs, setlist.fm says he had only played 2 small club shows before it.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k5DelZQyQJyrXP2YkCg

wouldn't have much interest in seeing him now though, the albums (last 2 especially) are too pop-y for me. loved the 3 mixtapes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

if that was weekend 1, I have the video of it downloaded and I love it! As far as I know it was one of his first ever gigs, setlist.fm says he had only played 2 small club shows before it.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k5DelZQyQJyrXP2YkCg

wouldn't have much interest in seeing him now though, the albums (last 2 especially) are too pop-y for me. loved the 3 mixtapes.

The mixtapes are masterpieces, but I doubt they get much of an airing at the gigs these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hamal

For people worrying about getting a Saturday ticket. They said it sold out last year and released more the week of the event. I got my Saturday ticket the week before it! So don't worry!

On a side note, anyone care to guess which day Mac miller will play? I'm going Saturday and Sunday so hoping he'll be before the Weeknd Saturday!

Also after seeing Mumford and Sons in the Phoenix park last time they were here, I can't wait for the Sunday either! They were unreal ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

hamal wrote: »
    For people worrying about getting a Saturday ticket. They said it sold out last year and released more the week of the event. I got my Saturday ticket the week before it! So don't worry!

On a side note, anyone care to guess which day Mac miller will play? I'm going Saturday and Sunday so hoping he'll be before the Weeknd Saturday!

Also after seeing Mumford and Sons in the Phoenix park last time they were here, I can't wait for the Sunday either! They were unreal ðŸ˜

Hunreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

hamal wrote: »

Mac Miller is playing in London on the Friday so you will get to see him

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hamal

Peter File wrote: »
    Mac Miller is playing in London on the Friday so you will get to see him

Sweet! Thank you very much Mr File. Never thought of looking up his tour dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 llarrocnairda

After looking at the lineups for Lovebox and Benicassim, I was wondering what the odds of whether some of Solange, Rufus (du Sol), Sampha, Blossoms, Maggie Rogers or Crystal Fighters appearing on the second announcement? There could be a few others from Latitude, but mostly from the undercard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

A band called Palace self announced at their gig in Whelan's last night if anyone cares. They've a good indie/blues sound with some solid songs. Playing the Saturday apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Looking at coachella line up there. Stormzy is on at 2-3 on the Friday. Some joke he's headlining the Friday here

hefferboi wrote: »
    Looking at coachella line up there. Stormzy is on at 2-3 on the Friday. Some joke he's headlining the Friday here

Well in fairness, Stormzy is a nobody over in the States. He's pretty massive now here in Europe but saying that, I was still a little disappointed seeing him as the headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yonns123

Does anyone know when the second round of acts for longitude 2017 will be released along with the day by day breakdown?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

18216483_1367322523336172_5950231615032834791_o.jpg?oh=a41f927804723b1ea3ae3c9434c46de3&oe=59BE782C

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Would have loved if G-Eazy and Martinez Brothers were on the Saturday.

Sunday looks like the only day that interests me at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Mick Jenkins and Youngr on the Saturday are two nice additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Sunday looks good, will any more acts be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I bought a 2 day ticket but now I can't make the 2nd day so was gonna give to a family member for the 2nd day. I know it stats tickets are non transferable but how strict is that? would it be worth my while emailing them pleasing my case? It's not like I'm selling the ticket, I'm giving for free so it won't be wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 F.nelson

Very little chat about this and only 2 more weekends left before it. Are we expecting a few last minute additions like last year or is it as is

19467723_1509176245823675_7660076315895353318_o.jpg?oh=9190860f62f8c0210251927bf6e59e06&oe=59D94423

would have loved to see Midland, hopefully he'll do another set while he's over, preferably the Saturday night somewhere in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

F.nelson wrote: »
    Very little chat about this and only 2 more weekends left before it. Are we expecting a few last minute additions like last year or is it as is

Id say cause its such a young crowd

Advertisement