Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

bigpink wrote: »
    Id say cause its such a young crowd

Sunday's crowd shouldn't be too bad I'd say. But I'd wager Friday & Saturday are gonna be exceptionally young, and rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Blut2 wrote: »
    Sunday's crowd shouldn't be too bad I'd say. But I'd wager Friday & Saturday are gonna be exceptionally young, and rough.

It's a really bad lineup and Friday and Saturday will be carnage.

The Sunday then suddenly turns MOR with Mumford a divisive act at the best of times and poor old Midland wedged in there among them.

I love Marley but don't think I'll bother this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Anyone know when the stage times are usually released?? Only 2 weeks to go. Why is everything happening so late this year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would Longitude be the remnants of whats was formally Oxegen even though its twinned with the more boutique Latitude festival, it does seem to be around the dates of the old festival and Townlands Carnival on in the same dates too. Actually Townlands is the weekend after.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Would Longitude be the remnants of whats was formally Oxegen even though its twinned with the more boutique Latitude festival, it does seem to be around the dates of the old festival and Townlands Carnival on in the same dates too. Actually Townlands is the weekend after.

I don't think that was the initial intention but this year it certainly looks like it's going for that niche market (ahem) - last year The National and FJ Misty, this year The Weeknd, Skepta, Catfish and the Bottlemen. Keep pets and elderly indoors!!

I see (supermodel and ex Mrs Jack White) Karen Elson is playing the Sunday. Her album is amazing. I think she's supporting Ryan Adams in September, will go to that instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭caddy16

Is the lounge worth the extra money? Can you upgrade an existing ticket does anybody know?

caddy16 wrote: »
    Is the lounge worth the extra money? Can you upgrade an existing ticket does anybody know?

Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Does anyone know what time the festival finishes at roughly each night?? What time does the luas line close at and would there be enough time to walk to balally to catch one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Does anyone know what time the festival finishes at roughly each night?? What time does the luas line close at and would there be enough time to walk to balally to catch one

10:30 according to the website and a lot of people will be walking to the luas.

Anyone???
    One last try?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Know absolutely nothing about the lounge, unfortunately. Aside from what I can read online, that is. I personally wouldn't be bothered paying extra for something like that when its a non-camping festival, but like I said, I'm not too familiar with it anyway.

When can we expect stage times, or have they already been released?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

One last try?
    Just read the website - you want to pay €50 for a private area?
    http://www.longitude.ie/news/longitude-lounge-returns-0

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Longitude Festival
    Pusha T will be replacing Earl Sweatshirt at Longitude 2017. Unfortunately Earl had to cancel his set due to unforeseen circumstances.

We’re also delighted to announce that All Tvvins, Wyvern Lingo, BARQ, Brave Giant and COLUMBIA MILLS have been added to the lineup!

Stage times and app coming at 2pm today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Fold up chairs, professional cameras with detachable lenses, excessive amounts of cigarettes and anything that can be perceived as a weapon are among the banned items at the concerts.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/festivals/longitude-2017-no-alcohol-policy-in-public-areas-around-marlay-park-and-on-public-and-private-transport-to-venue-35918304.html

Just saw this and found it curious. Obviously it's weird if someone rocks up with 200 smokes but why are they on a banned list? Do people try sell illegal smokes at concerts?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Just read the website - you want to pay €50 for a private area?
    http://www.longitude.ie/news/longitude-lounge-returns-0

Girlfriend is expecting so just thought it might be a bit easier for her if it's worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Stage times are out. All tvvins and Skepta clashing for me but that's about it. I'm only going on Saturday.

Clashes on Saturday are gutting, tbh.

Mick Jenkins and Kaytrandra clash, as do Youngr and Mac Miller. They're four of the main people I wanted to see this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

All Tviins are a great addition

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Rugby boi

ANyone know how much drinks cost?

Rugby boi wrote: »
    ANyone know how much drinks cost?

Depends what you're drinking. Beer is probably 5.50/6, Bacardi and Red Bull bar is bout 7-9 a drink. Then there's the prosecco bar

• Advertisement

Friday is gonna be full of teenagers getting elders buy alcohol for them unfortunately

Friday is gonna be full of teenagers getting elders buy alcohol for them unfortunately
    Yeah been like that the last few years now. Crowd gets progressively older as the weekend goes on

Will they serve people with out id or was the thing on the website about challenging 21s true anyone know?

Will they serve people with out id or was the thing on the website about challenging 21s true anyone know?

Got served no problem without ID last year anyway. I'm 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

Last year I got ID most times. I am 26 female but look quite young.

I usually take the Marathon bus from the Quays to Marley park. Think I'll do it again this year. I want to get in for Kaleo at 3.15pm. I presume getting on the 2pm bus from the quays should get me there by then yeah? I remember traffic being bad enough last year. Can anyone remember how long it usual takes give or take traffic? I'm giving myself and 1hr and 15 mins from bus to main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I usually take the Marathon bus from the Quays to Marley park. Think I'll do it again this year. I want to get in for Kaleo at 3.15pm. I presume getting on the 2pm bus from the quays should get me there by then yeah? I remember traffic being bad enough last year. Can anyone remember how long it usual takes give or take traffic? I'm giving myself and 1hr and 15 mins from bus to main stage.

You would be very lucky to get in for 3:15 with all of the security and the walk from bus to venue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I wouldn't get that bus on a friday evening if they paid me...I got that from the quays and i remember it went down the port tunnel and down the m50, There was a accident on the m50 and took a good 2 hours to get....Never again! Ill be getting the number 16 down. Should be ok for the Saturday and Sunday but take alternatives friday evening if your going.

It's only Saturday I'm going. Dammit, on the fence here. I've seen Kaleo before but I would like to catch them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

get the Luas to Balally, 30min walk from there with sneaky can along the way(probably less if you're a quick walker). quicker than the bus, and no chance of hitting traffic.

Advertisement