Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir Sport Viewing Options

Options
  • 26-01-2017 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi

I currently have a standalone subscription to eir Sport for viewing on a Sky box. We are out in the sticks, so no possibility of eir broadband. If, as seems likely, Sky drops the Discovery/Eurosport channels, I'm probably going to cancel my Sky subscription. In this event, I'll get a FTA box, with a card module.

Is there any way I can then continue with a standalone eir Sport subscription, viewing on satellite (can you supply an eir Sport viewing card?) or streaming, but via an ISP other than eir?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

pm9999 wrote: »
    Hi

I currently have a standalone subscription to eir Sport for viewing on a Sky box. We are out in the sticks, so no possibility of eir broadband. If, as seems likely, Sky drops the Discovery/Eurosport channels, I'm probably going to cancel my Sky subscription. In this event, I'll get a FTA box, with a card module.

Is there any way I can then continue with a standalone eir Sport subscription, viewing on satellite (can you supply an eir Sport viewing card?) or streaming, but via an ISP other than eir?

Thanks
    Hi pm9999,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you cancel your Sky TV subscription, your eir Sport channels will still be active on the current viewing card (along with still receiving all the FTA channels). Generally, if you are subscribed to Sky TV for more than 12 months the equipment is still yours. The best advice we can give would be to contact eir Sport on 0818203040 when you are ready to get the FTA box installed and it will take a couple days to get sent to your address. Once the viewing card is received, you will need to call again to advise that that you have received the card (advise agent of 9 digit card number) and to switch services over from the old viewing card to the new viewing card. (Please note all viewing cards ordered by eir Sport are from Sky, but can still be used in a FTA box for our channels).

We will advise the eir Sport agents again of this process in order to ensure that when you do call they are up to speed on what to do. But as it’s not a request that gets asked too much, the agent may need to ask a manager for help, our agents will do everything they can to ensure 1) you doesn’t miss any eir Sport content and 2) ensure your viewing cards get switched across seamlessly.

I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to let me know should you need any further assistance. :) 

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pm9999

That's helpful Pamela.

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

pm9999 wrote: »
    That's helpful Pamela.

Many thanks.
    No problem at all  pm9999 :)

-Pamela 

Advertisement