Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messy preschools in Naas! :D

Options
  • 26-01-2017 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hiya!
    Apols if i break any forum rules, Im totally new at this lol!

We are planning a move to Naas in the future. Hoping someone here may be able to help with a question..

We are VERY keen on finding an outdoorsy/messy-play preschool (with a great healthy eating policy). The only ones i've seen so far online have tarmac playgrounds...maybe a sandpit :( We hoped for proper grassy areas, woods, real mud and muck! lol)

Can anyone please recommend anywhere great in Naas town?
    I can't travel to check them out personally from here as i don't drive :( so having to rely on very good advice!

Thanks for any help you can give!

(Also importantly it would have to be walking/cycling distance in Naas as i'm restricted with no car...booooo)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Hiya!

We are planning a move to Naas in the future. Hoping someone here may be able to help with a question..

We are VERY keen on finding an outdoorsy/messy-play preschool (with a great healthy eating policy). The only ones i've seen so far online have tarmac playgrounds...maybe a sandpit :( We hoped for proper grassy areas, woods, real mud and muck! lol)

I can't travel to check them out personally from here as i don't drive :( so having to rely on very good advice!

(Also importantly it would have to be walking/cycling distance in Naas as i'm restricted with no car...booooo)

Just moved Creche and did a tour of the creches in the town.. if there is one that fits those criteria we didn't see it.

It's all Astro turf and soft play areas..

Best of luck, your washing machine must hate you ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Hiya!

Don't think you'll find anything like that in Naas. The nearest thing might be http://busyfingerscreche.ie, in Two Mile House, but obviously that's a bit away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sprocket1978

Ah thanks a mill!
    Sorry on delay!.

Yah i think I may be searching for the impossible lol! Suppose its hard to find the space in town. Some ok places near Sallins but wanted to live nearby school to walk there (heard bad flooding stories on Sallins in past- is that still happening there would you know? (Already off topic lol) )

Thanks again!
    (and yes my washing machine hates me for sure!!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

Try Acorn creche between Sallins and Naas.

They have a grass field and keep animals - my own kids went there years ago.

As regards flooding in Sallins - that problem was with a culvert under the train line that blocked and only flooded the back part of the waterways. It's now been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Try Acorn creche between Sallins and Naas.

They have a grass field and keep animals - my own kids went there years ago.

As regards flooding in Sallins - that problem was with a culvert under the train line that blocked and only flooded the back part of the waterways. It's now been fixed.

I have no connection to this place, but they keep pigs and it seems to be well set-up for that. Good, safe cycle route for most of the way from the Sallins Road roundabout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement