Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran @ 3Arena - 12/13 April 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Cheers cruhoortwunk

After refreshing, got onto a page with a stadium map.
    Clicked tickets 2 then 1 and got nothing! :mad:

At least I know ROI v Iceland pre sale go on sale at 11am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pancake55

No joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I got tickets!
    Wednesday never worked but got straight through on Thursday

Oddly enough, I was trying for tickets on Wednesday but could get any. My wife tried for Thursday and got 2. It looks like they're at the back row but she's happy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 fred101

SteM wrote: »
    Oddly enough, I was trying for tickets on Wednesday but could get any. My wife tried for Thursday and got 2. It looks like they're at the back row but she's happy anyway.
    You must be the only person, the site was down for most people. well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

fred101 wrote: »
    You must be the only person, the site was down for most people. well done.

Similar problems when U2 tickets went on sale. Their website seems to be crashing quite often when a big event goes on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It was the Three Plus website that crashed today, the Ticketmaster site was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

It looks like tickets will be available on SeatWave tomorrow from 10:00. Not sure whether it's for buying or selling or both.

http://www.seatwave.com/ed-sheeran-tickets/season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

It looks like tickets will be available on SeatWave tomorrow from 10:00. Not sure whether it's for buying or selling or both.

http://www.seatwave.com/ed-sheeran-tickets/season

Ehhh, don't mention that bunch here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

SteM wrote: »
    Ehhh, don't mention that bunch here :pac:

They could be in trouble now
    http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0131/849067-new-law-proposed-to-tackle-scourge-of-ticket-touting/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Zardoz wrote: »

While I in no way shape or form agree with seatwave and their Ilk, a blanket ban won't do anything except drive the secondary market into other parts of the web and strip away any buyer protection.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    While I in no way shape or form agree with seatwave and their Ilk, a blanket ban won't do anything except drive the secondary market into other parts of the web and strip away any buyer protection.

Yes that is true ,its probably the lesser of two evils.
    These companies ,Seatwave,Stubhub and Viagogo are all foreign based anyway and most of the tickets are sold by foreign people/brokers so I dont think it will make much difference.

The main problem isn't these secondary sites ,its the people who buy off them at jacked up prices.They are fueling this touting.
    I've nearly always got a ticket for any concert or match I have wanted to attend ,always at face value,often below .
    Tickets will nearly always be available ,extra tickets will be released by the promoters,production tickets will be released closer to the event ,people selling as plans change etc ,no event is ever sold out .

It seems to be a serious issue in this country ,people in other countries like France,Germany wont pay over the odds for tickets.

That article is sensationalist anyway ,it says
    But already fans are for being offered a pair of tickets for the concerts on resale sites for multiple times their face value for well over €800, while some are fetching as much as €1000.
    There is a big difference between tickets being listed for £1000 and being sold.
    Stubhub havent sold any tickets for the event yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

One way of solving this problem, make max number of tickets 2 per person (Standing and Seated) for concerts that will sell out quickly.
    Okay there will be people who want to seat with 3 or more others but for a 90 min concert you can cope with it especially if you are getting tickets for face value.
    2 instead of 4 or 8 means more different people can buy them, and get ticketmaster to enforce the 1 purchase per address, credit card etc.
    Make tickets hard copy only and t/m send them out 1 week before concert and so avoid people selling them on as time frame may not work for them.
    Sell the tickets all at the same time and if it doesn't sell out after x hours, allow people who have bought already to buy more if required.
    Possible limit sales to people in the same country to avoid people living abroad buying tickets and then reselling them online.
    I'm sure there are many other solutions around but I'd say we won't see much happen in the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭hynesie08

okidoki987 wrote: »
    One way of solving this problem, make max number of tickets 2 per person (Standing and Seated) for concerts that will sell out quickly.
    Okay there will be people who want to seat with 3 or more others but for a 90 min concert you can cope with it especially if you are getting tickets for face value.
    So if a parent wants to bring 2 children to a concert that's going to sell out, do they let the children go by themselves? Sit away from them? Or just leave one at home?

Both parents bring 1 each.

So if a parent wants to bring 2 children to a concert that's going to sell out,
    Unlikely they will be able to get 3 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

2 instead of 4 or 8 means more different people can buy them, and get ticketmaster to enforce the 1 purchase per address, credit card etc.
    Make tickets hard copy only and t/m send them out 1 week before concert and so avoid people selling them on as time frame may not work for them.
    Sell the tickets all at the same time and if it doesn't sell out after x hours, allow people who have bought already to buy more if required.
    Possible limit sales to people in the same country to avoid people living abroad buying tickets and then reselling them online.
    I'm sure there are many other solutions around but I'd say we won't see much happen in the foreseeable future.

Another way is to put names on tickets and check ID entering the venue. I've been to concerts abroad where this is done and it seems to work.

Yep that's another good idea but limit the tickets as if it's 4, 6 or 8, it's still easy enough for people to sell them on.

Yep that's another good idea but limit the tickets as if it's 4, 6 or 8, it's still easy enough for people to sell them on.

For big events they could put the tickets on sale close to the date ,maybe a month in advance and make it credit card entry with ID .
    There are numerous ways to cut down on touting but we all know its in the best interests of the promoter,ticketmaster,etc to maintain the status quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭wistfuleyes

xraylady wrote: »
    Anyone get any? I've had no luck. Just got to put in code then 'sold out ' message.

I did. Got two. Seated. Was waiting on the 3Plus website since 8am constantly refreshing it til 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nic_nuff

hi, I was lucky enough to get 4 standing tickets on tuesday. I just choose best available. However I'm going with small peeps so I'd like to swap them for seating. Anyone willing to swap with me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He played 4 nights in a row in 2014. He will probably do the same this year, add the Tuesday and Friday nights.
    He is mad for touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

hardly add the friday being good friday. This country tends to stop for that and wouldnt you not be able to sell drink. Cant imagine the venue would be too happy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Iang87 wrote: »
    hardly add the friday being good friday. This country tends to stop for that and wouldnt you not be able to sell drink. Cant imagine the venue would be too happy

I'm pretty sure theatres can serve drink so the 3Arena probably can too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Good luck today, everyone!

I've never been so stressed in all my life.

The ticketmaster office is outside my apartment and people have been queuing since 3:30pm yesterday..How crazy is that?! Poor souls look soaked to the bone!

If you don't want to put your billing info on your account and do it if you get through to the tickets, are your tickets held or in the time that you type in your credit card details, can they be snatched up??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Aragneer wrote: »
    If you don't want to put your billing info on your account and do it if you get through to the tickets, are your tickets held or in the time that you type in your credit card details, can they be snatched up??

Go into your account now and set everything up?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Do you have to refresh once 10am hits or should it just go straight to a queue if your on the countdown page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I was asked to dive into this and pick up some tickets. Not looking forward to it one bit. I find this whole ticket buying think stressful when it's a high demand gig. There'll be loads of people left disappointed after today.

What's best - I wonder?

The TM site
    The TM app
    Or the phone

I always had great luck using the phone line before but I read there's people queuing in queues and the phone line tends to go down or I'm unsuccessful when queues are happening.

Between the site and the app.

Do you have to refresh once 10am hits or should it just go straight to a queue if your on the countdown page?

I'd open 2 tabs and try both ways!
    I was asked to dive into this and pick up some tickets. Not looking forward to it one bit. I find this whole ticket buying think stressful when it's a high demand gig. There'll be loads of people left disappointed after today.

What's best - I wonder?

The TM site
    The TM app
    Or the phone

I always had great luck using the phone line before but I read there's people queuing in queues and the phone line tends to go down or I'm unsuccessful when queues are happening.

Between the site and the app.

It gets really stressful when there's two dates and you can only do one at a time on the app!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I think I'm going to use the app. Should I log out from my account on the TM site?

• Advertisement

No won't make a difference

Advertisement