Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran @ 3Arena - 12/13 April 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Rmgblue

robo wrote: »
    How many tickets could you buy online on Ticketmaster this morning?

4 I believe, I got 0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Am I right in saying nobody here got a ticket this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Dutchy wrote: »
    that's for 2 tickets?
    The person selling 2 on Donedeal for €1000 paid over €700 for them on Seatwave! Please God they can't sell them...

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Only way they are going to beat this is, no online sales and people just have to que up like the old days.

Are you referring to touting here?

In relation to touting I think I think the only way forward is outlawing touting. Until something happens like this, people can do their bit by not buying from touts.

In relation to online sales and being slow. I think there are two problems.

1) people having multiple browsers open. There's no need for that.
    2) physical sales at outlets and desks. We're all diving into the same pool of tickets and ticketmaster printers at desks acts as a hoovering system hoovering up tickets and thus online being slower. I think physical queues should be banned. There's no need for physical queues with so much business now done online.

Larsso30 wrote: »
    im sure they had tickets, people bought tickets.

simple fact is supply couldnt meet demand.

he sold out 2 croke parks last year, this is 2 3 arenas.

im all for having a go but at least be logical

This 100% over. I think this should have been better handled by the promoters. I think tickets should have been much more in price. Genuine fans will push the boat out and cut back for a week or two on spending. Money would be found anyways. Those with a fleeting interest would think twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Only way they are going to beat this is, no online sales and people just have to que up like the old days.

A colleagues kid queued up since 6pm yesterday .
    He was 15th in the queue .
    At ten O clock the owner of the shop came out and took orders off the first 13 people in the queue ,the rest got no tickets.
    There were 100 people in the queue at that time.
    That is simply disgraceful.

These general sales for concerts are a farce ,the bulk of the tickets are already sold in presales .
    Especially when the presales are a joke as all you have to do is enter your email on Sheerans website to register.
    Its disingenuous to advertise tickets going onsale in a general sale on a certain day and then release hardly any tickets as the bulk have already been sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

everybody knew exactly what was going to happen for weeks and still opened the thread to the same messages giving out :rolleyes:

A colleagues kid queued up since 6pm yesterday .
    He was 15th in the queue .
    At ten O clock the owner of the shop came out and took orders off the first 13 people in the queue ,the rest got no tickets.
    There were 100 people in the queue at that time.
    That is simply disgraceful.

These general sales for concerts are a farce ,the bulk of the tickets are already sold in presales .
    Its disingenuous to advertise tickets going onsale in a general sale on a certain day and then release hardly any tickets as the bulk have already been sold.

I doubt the bulk of tickets would have been sold in presales. They can't do that. What they would do is allocate a certain % for pressales.

I think these gigs should have been all standing and no seating to get in as many numbers as possible because the demand was too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭bren2001

I think these gigs should have been all standing and no seating to get in as many numbers as possible because the demand was too much.

That wouldnt increase the numbers at all. Unless you're proposing having people standing in the tiered seating section which is raised well above the floor i.e. standing all underneath it. In which case, the fire warden would refuse to grant it a fire license.

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    How do you have all standing in a venue with fixed tiered seating? :confused:

I never knew the seating was fixed. I thought the seats were removable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

The downstairs seating is removable.
    Upstairs is fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I doubt the bulk of tickets would have been sold in presales. They can't do that. What they would do is allocate a certain % for pressales.

You are very naive if you believe that.
    Have you any idea how tickets are sold ?
    Do you believe U2 sold 80k tickets in 2 minutes for their Croke Park gig or do you believe the more logical view that hardly any tickets were sold in the general sale as the vast majority were sold in the presales.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Only 150 tickets (a meagre 0.5%) on Seatwave over both nights suggests that the demand was insanely high and touting isn't what crippled people here, just demand.

I'd say the Ed Sheeran presale had an enormous allocation as he would have had the clout to demand a higher % for his presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Only 150 tickets (a meagre 0.5%) on Seatwave over both nights suggests that the demand was insanely high and touting isn't what crippled people here, just demand.

I'd say the Ed Sheeran presale had an enormous allocation as he would have had the clout to demand a higher % for his presale.

too much logic there

Larsso30 wrote: »
    too much logic there

As opposed to.... hysterical speculation?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rubadub wrote: »

Of those gigs, one pair of tickets has sold for the the Germany gig on Seatwave and none have sold for the Paris gig...

They're not selling. Anyone can list tickets. But punters aren't buying them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I got tickets.

Even then, it's "row 50", which I believe is about 3 from the very back of the stadium, 2nd floor. So I'd say all the prime seats were well gone before 10am this morning.

Of those gigs, one pair of tickets has sold for the the Germany gig
    5 german gigs are listed, 3/5 have sales showing.

Is there a way to check how many tickets have sold in total? you say only 1 pair sold, I thought it only showed recent sales.

In Belgium they saw fit to introduce anti-touting laws, I wonder what is so different about France & Germany -nothing much is my guess.

You can see plenty of other gigs on the french seatwave are showing sales for "over the odds" prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I got tickets.

Even then, it's "row 50", which I believe is about 3 from the very back of the stadium, 2nd floor. So I'd say all the prime seats were well gone before 10am this morning.

from what i can tell those front rows of lower tier are never available on the general sale. i went for bruno mars tickets and was same, i went on bang on time and only got 3 rows from back upper tier and then noticed they have "VIP Gold" "VIP Silver" etc for €250+ which gives a seat in the rows from 1-5 (Gold, €269 a ticket) or 5-10 (Silver €239 per ticket) lower tier depending how much you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Ed Sheeran will be on Today FM tomorrow afternoon with Fergal D'Arcy.

5 german gigs are listed, 3/5 have sales showing.

Is there a way to check how many tickets have sold in total? you say only 1 pair sold, I thought it only showed recent sales.

In Belgium they saw fit to introduce anti-touting laws, I wonder what is so different about France & Germany -nothing much is my guess.

You can see plenty of other gigs on the french seatwave are showing sales for "over the odds" prices.

It shows all the most recent sales (maybe 5-10) but if there's only one listed, it means that only one has sold, as it's in the most recent and it'll stay there until it's bumped down.

You can see how many have sold if it's a low number when you go to sell tickets yourself as it tells you recent sales prices. Again it's limited to showing about 20 prices so if it only lists 8, only 8 have sold.

I checked there and there have been three pairs of tickets sold for those five German gigs on Seatwave.

There's no facilitators in Belgium is the result of the anti-touting laws, so no Belgian Seatwave.
    Agreed it's the model to follow though. No facilitators and you're reduced to face value sales or on-street scalpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

nope, I got 2, god knows how. They are up in the gods but i dont care and neither will my daughter and wife..brownie points for the rest of the year!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

A 13,000 capacity venue and a very popular artist that appeals to a massive age range. That can only be bad news for the many thousands that will try and get tickets but wont, because the venue is too small.

Yakult wrote: »
    A 13,000 capacity venue and a very popular artist that appeals to a massive age range. That can only be bad news for the many thousands that will try and get tickets but wont, because the venue is too small.

Exactly. 26,000 tickets (minus maybe 1,000 for comps, sponsors, competitions etc) for a fan base of probably a few hundred thousand.

He sold 90,000+ copies of his first album in Ireland. Even if only those 90,000 people wanted a single ticket, only roughly 1 in 4 would get one.

There were probably at least a hundred thousand trying to get tickets in pairs or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Lol! You see, this is part of the problem for online sales. There's no need for multiple devices and browsing. He's against himself in tge queue.

This video like this would have been much better coming from them guys - foil, arms and hog or whatever they are called.

Lol! You see, this is part of the problem for online sales. There's no need for multiple devices and browsing. He's against himself in tge queue.
    Not sure if I am missing something here, but I think multiple devices are the way to go, like laptop and the phone app & phoning.

To exagerrate if 80,000 people are in virtual queues and if 40,000 of those "people" are you on 40,000 devices then you have a better chance than the average single person on 1 device.

Unless you are talking about multiple windows and it detecting you are on the same PC or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Not sure if I am missing something here, but I think multiple devices are the way to go, like laptop and the phone app & phoning.

To exagerrate if 80,000 people are in virtual queues and if 40,000 of those "people" are you on 40,000 devices then you have a better chance than the average single person on 1 device.

Unless you are talking about multiple windows and it detecting you are on the same PC or something.

got mine on one PC, one window open, just lucky I guess

Advertisement