Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Microwave

• 26-01-2017 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get a new Microwave - I just use it to heat things up and cook frozen meals etc - nothing fancy. Has anyone ever got these ones in Lidl - SilverCrest. Are they any good or useless? The price is very good compared to ones in electrical shops. I know its only a 700W one, and my old one that went died (after 12 years) was 850W.
    Just wondering are they any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

My parents have bought one- died a year or so later for whatever reason and then received* another. I would highly recommend one, for one simple reason - the three year warranty. When my parents first one died, they just brought it back to lidl with the receipt, called a number and received a new microwave in the post a few days later. You can't get much better customer service than that! Bear in mind, in general microwaves don't break down all too often.

In terms of performance, generally microwaves are all the same. They either heat or they don't. I find people never use the fancy features or meal buttons so just get one that is cheap and has a half-decent look!

EDIT: Off topic but the kettles are also a great investment in Lidl. They all have 3-year warranties and, due to Ireland's hard water, they break down within a year or two. Same idea goes again, bring back and get a replacement. Do that multiple times and that 30 euro kettle becomes a 7 euro kettle very fast ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

If you are near Tallaght (Main Street) they are doing warehouse sale on Saturday, they will have a Silvercrest 800W with 11 Power settings (8 microwave 100-800w, 1 grill power setting 1,000w and 2 combo power settings microwave+grill)

Price will be €39.99 from €69.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057689345/1

I bought one of these & I am very pleased with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

nava wrote: »
    If you are near Tallaght (Main Street) they are doing warehouse sale on Saturday, they will have a Silvercrest 800W with 11 Power settings (8 microwave 100-800w, 1 grill power setting 1,000w and 2 combo power settings microwave+grill)

Price will be €39.99 from €69.99

Nice one. Whereabouts is it?
    I'm only a ten minute drive away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Nice one. Whereabouts is it?
    I'm only a ten minute drive away.

The new store (other side of the carpark from old store) Main Road in Tallaght, next to the Lidl headoffice.

Here is a google maps

Microwave is only on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Moved to requests

Advertisement