Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bare In The Woods Festival 2017

Options
  • 26-01-2017 1:22pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Pack it up, Pack it in let us begin... Delighted the announce the first batch of acts preforming at BARE In The Woods 2017!!!!

House of Pain | Mike Skinner & Murkage present TONGA | The Correspondents | Dan Shake | Andrew Maxwell | The Hot Sprockets | Sounds of System Breakdown | Rews | MadDog McRae | New Secret Weapon & the first MobStar pick CraicAppeal
    Many more TBA!

June 9 – June 11

Garryhinch Woods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

C7dDytVXUAAhIxF.jpg

Bought tickets to this yesterday. Still just €125 for 3 day camping plus fees, and I bloody can't wait. With a food village and a comedy lineup still to be announced this looks like it's shaping up to be a lovely new festival in the calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Saw new secret weapon at knockanstockan in 2015. Unbelievable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Some great stuff in there. Whomadewho are a top notch live band. Also The Correspondents are excellent live.

Have not been to this festival before and am really looking forward to it. Just trying to convince a mate to go. Otherwise I will go on me own.

D.Q wrote: »
    Saw new secret weapon at knockanstockan in 2015. Unbelievable stuff.

Saw them at Vantastival a few years back and they were bloody brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RonkoDeTonko

Mike Skinner!!! Anyone ever seen him play post-Streets?

• Advertisement

Mike Skinner!!! Anyone ever seen him play post-Streets?

Haven't heard anything from him in years.

So I took the plunge on this one and bought a ticket this morning, but looks like I will be "Billy No Mates" for this as all my mates (and SO) are wusses and won't go. Don't think I have ever gone to a festival on own before. At least I won't get split up from the gang :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BARE-POSTER-6TH-APRIL-1.jpg?resize=692%2C978

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Hmm - this looks interesting but there's not that much info on the website. I've no interesting in camping or glamping, so would look to stay in a hotel or B&B for the weekend; any nearby? Will there be shuttle buses to and from Portarlington town centre to the festival? And I may be blind but there doesn't seem to be any 3-day non-camping tickets? If anyone has more info I'd be most grateful :)

ionapaul wrote: »
    Hmm - this looks interesting but there's not that much info on the website. I've no interesting in camping or glamping, so would look to stay in a hotel or B&B for the weekend; any nearby? Will there be shuttle buses to and from Portarlington town centre to the festival? And I may be blind but there doesn't seem to be any 3-day non-camping tickets? If anyone has more info I'd be most grateful :)

I am not sure about hotels/B&Bs, but I would image that there are some in the area. No idea about shuttle buses either, but it looks like about 6 minutes by taxi.

I have never heard of any festival with a 3-day non-camping ticket. Its normally along the lines of 3-day ticket including camping.. other than that separate daily tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Anyone reckon Therapy? to be under Helmet after their tour at the end of the month ends?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone reckon Therapy? to be under Helmet after their tour at the end of the month ends?

Oh that would be unreal

this lineup is surely the best kept secret of the year.

I would go for whomadewho alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I genuinely think this lineup is better than Sea Sessions, Indiependence or Castlepalooza. I'd have lumped Body and Soul in but for the announcement of Bonobo.

The only thing I would have loved to see added was some more Irish rock acts like Overhead the albatross or Girl Band. If anyone has any recommendations of same, I'd appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

Looking like a good festival

What's not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

how far is the site from portarlington town?? google maps cannot find it, jumps to shandra woods, which seems to be a housing estate??

MattD wrote: »
    I genuinely think this lineup is better than Sea Sessions, Indiependence or Castlepalooza. I'd have lumped Body and Soul in but for the announcement of Bonobo.

The only thing I would have loved to see added was some more Irish rock acts like Overhead the albatross or Girl Band. If anyone has any recommendations of same, I'd appreciate it!

New Secret Weapon have been excellent any time I saw them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

www.divideofeverything.com

https://open.spotify.com/track/0obxRXEkND6ILKO8xQOPLA

More on the rock side of things but hopefully its the type of music you are looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

Haven't heard anything from him in years.

So I took the plunge on this one and bought a ticket this morning, but looks like I will be "Billy No Mates" for this as all my mates (and SO) are wusses and won't go. Don't think I have ever gone to a festival on own before. At least I won't get split up from the gang :)

there wont be bother on you were a friendly bunch down in sunny port wel mind ya :D:D:D:D:D:D

there wont be bother on you were a friendly bunch down in sunny port wel mind ya :D:D:D:D:D:D

But do any of you speak English? My pidgin is a bit rusty, but I think I understand what you are saying.

And is there are scarcity of punctuation marks in "sunny port"? I don't think I can survive a whole weekend without commas and full stops and other such fancy things. Maybe i am too posh for this weekend "living in a field" sh!t.

• Advertisement

in other news .. Chastity Brown's new album is getting good review .. must give it a spin later.

But do any of you speak English? My pidgin is a bit rusty, but I think I understand what you are saying.

And is there are scarcity of punctuation marks in "sunny port"? I don't think I can survive a whole weekend without commas and full stops and other such fancy things. Maybe i am too posh for this weekend "living in a field" sh!t.

We are more "punchuations" rather than "Punctuation" we are a feral bunch down here....

statement on Facebook regarding the festival
    its postponed!!!!!!
    sad focking day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

May as well say cancelled as it'd be impossible to rearrange same or similar line up.

Can only assume low ticket sales as once you've covered the costs and aren't looking at major debt, you keep things running to retain confidence for future years if you can.

Pity to see any festival not happening.

Really disappointing. Postponement is not an option.

Really surprised that such a good lineup didn't attract decent sales

Edit: Post says they can't meet conditions of licence.

Really surprised that such a good lineup didn't attract decent sales

I had never heard of the festival until I heard a competition for it on Arena on Radio 1 a couple of weeks back.

The hinterland they are in the centre of hasn't a big population so they probably aren't relying on a local base. .

With these types of festivals, 500 extra people per day can make or break it but getting those extra people through the gates is difficult to do once you've sold to your "core" audience.

It's a competitive market out there.

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I had never heard of the festival until I heard a competition for it on Arena on Radio 1 a couple of weeks back.

The hinterland they are in the centre of hasn't a big population so they probably aren't relying on a local base. .

With these types of festivals, 500 extra people per day can make or break it but getting those extra people through the gates is difficult to do once you've sold to your "core" audience.

It's a competitive market out there.

Festival has been building up a reputation over last few years. It's reasonably well known among small festival goers.

According to the Facebook post, they had difficulty meeting terms of the licence, whatever that could be. A few on Facebook seem to be blaming local council.

I had arranged irreversible time off work for this. Bitter taste in mouth.

I guess that's where their core audience is so.

Moving from a 1 day to a 3 day festival is a big ask for a small team.

People can blame the council all they like but I'd be surprised if those issues hadn't been hammered out months back when the licensing app went in. With two weeks to go though, most issues should have been dealt with.

I stand to be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Well from what was relayed back to me by a relative in Portarlington, the issue was with the extension of the days, local residents in or around the garryhinch area expressed concerns about the numbers that could possibly attend over the 3 day period. Also issues were raised in terms of security, accomodation/camping facilities (toilets and all, yeah that came up). Seemed the council obviously didnt carry out a full term spec in advance of putting through the licence for the event..........

• Advertisement

Well from what was relayed back to me by a relative in Portarlington, the issue was with the extension of the days, local residents in or around the garryhinch area expressed concerns about the numbers that could possibly attend over the 3 day period. Also issues were raised in terms of security, accomadtion/camping facilities (toilets and all, yeah that came up). Seemed the council obviously didnt carry out a full term spec in advance of putting through the licence for the event..........

NIMBY Ireland strikes again.

Advertisement