Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more Eurosport on Sky

• 26-01-2017 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭

Seems if you rely on Sky for your motorcycling fix you are in for a bit of a disappointment this year. No more Eurosport on Sky from Feb. 1st.

Was really looking forward to watching Eugene Laverty back in WSB this year :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Use Mobdro and cast it to the TV from your phone/tablet. Fuck Sky. Right in the ear-hole. Twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

jimgoose wrote: »
    Use Mobdro and cast it to the TV from your phone/tablet. Fuck Sky. Right in the ear-hole. Twice.

The quality of modbro is poor at best.

Eurosport and motor themed programs on discovery is all I really had Sky for. I'll be cancelling next week because of this. Terrible form.

Now, where else can I get WSBK and BSB if I can't get it on Eurosport???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Magown3 wrote: »
    The quality of modbro is poor at best.

Eurosport and motor themed programs on discovery is all I really had Sky for. I'll be cancelling next week because of this. Terrible form.

Now, where else can I get WSBK and BSB if I can't get it on Eurosport???

But its free....:rolleyes:

If you watch on a decent tablet its fine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Matrix TV app and and cast to TV.
    I got the paid version €20 for 3 months.
    HD and quality is way better than sky.
    No buffering or nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

ITV have highlights same as motogp I think? Last year they did. Eurosport is the only thing I missed when I left sky for eir but the motogp softened the blow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

eurosport and the discovery pack are not only broadcast through the sky network, there are other satellites in orbit that we can get those channels on from Ireland and the UK ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Mobdro and the Lenovo Tab 3 Pro and project it onto the wall...Like me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Android Kodi box off ebay,Internet connection of 2mb or more,and use a HDMI lead to plug it into your TV.

Free BSB,SBK and MotoGp just like that.

Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Seems if you rely on Sky for your motorcycling fix you are in for a bit of a disappointment this year. No more Eurosport on Sky from Feb. 1st.

Was really looking forward to watching Eugene Laverty back in WSB this year :mad::mad::mad:

Thats are loads of ways around this,you dont need to rely on Sky,VM or Eir anymore to watch TV and Motorsports for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Looks like its been sorted :)

IMPORTANT UPDATE: TO THE BEST FANS IN TV, THANK YOU

We wanted you to be the first to know that we have reached an agreement, which means all your favourite channels and programmes will be staying on Sky.

We couldn’t have done it without you.

Your support over the past few days has been truly amazing and we look forward to bringing you more of the TV you love in the weeks, months and years to come.

• Advertisement
Advertisement